PDA

View Full Version : This is why the Cavs will win the title,Lakers have no toughness

The_Game
05-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Their main comp L.A have shown no toughness they just lack IT...the hunger and killer drive champs have the lakers just don't seem to have it. They aren't getting up for playoffs games..it was the same against the Jazz.

The Cavs seems so much more motivated, yes the cavs played a weaker team in round one but that doesn't matter you could tell how badly those cavs players wanted it..i don't see it in those Laker players.

L.A will still make the finals on talent alone but just talent won't beat this Cavs team. L.A seem to lack everything a championship winning team has.

Killakobe81
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Their main comp L.A have shown no toughness they just lack IT...the hunger and killer drive champs have the lakers just don't seem to have it. They aren't getting up for playoffs games..it was the same against the Jazz.

The Cavs seems so much more motivated, yes the cavs played a weaker team in round one but that doesn't matter you could tell how badly those cavs players wanted it..i don't see it in those Laker players.

L.A will still make the finals on talent alone but just talent won't beat this Cavs team. L.A seem to lack everything a championship winning team has.

If you say so ...most championship teams had soem kind of comback either in game or a series we will see if they dont come out strong next game then i will be worried.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
"It" is so hard to measure and usually is ascribed to teams AFTER they win a championship.

I will say they are a finesse team though. But finesse has, at times, won championships. Most recent example is the 2006 Mavs, who were offensive minded.

timvp
05-05-2009, 12:54 AM
I'm hoping for a Cavs vs. Mavs finals.

And then a curbstomping from LeBron that will make Dwyane Wade look like Devean George.

Amaso
05-05-2009, 12:54 AM
True, out of the last 10 champions... the only "finesse" team that won a ring was the Mavericks, it's not like Cleveland is as physical or as threatening as last year's Celtics though.

UrAphag
05-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Sweet jesus, I thought it was only lakers fans that acted like the sky was falling...

j-money24
05-05-2009, 12:57 AM
If the hawks somehow beat Cavs tomorrow, we will have threads like "This is why Cavs will not win the title."

Killakobe81
05-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Chillax it's just one game I said Lakers in 5 or 6 looks like 6 but we'll see ...

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 01:16 AM
If the rox get past the lakes, they will have so much confidence (NOT over confidence), and momentum that no one will stop them:lobt::flag::downspin::toast:lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm hoping for a Cavs vs. Mavs finals.

And then a curbstomping from LeBron that will make Dwyane Wade look like Devean George.

:wow

that's sadistic. Lebron will average 60 points.

JamStone
05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Last year around this time, you probably said something like: "There's no way the Boston Celtics can win the championship because they're not tough enough to win a road game in the first two rounds of the playoffs against lesser teams."

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
If the rox get past the lakes, they will have so much confidence (NOT over confidence), and momentum that no one will stop them:lobt::flag::downspin::toast:lol

:lmao at Rocket fan delusions after stealing one game from the Lakers.

JoeTait75
05-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Everything broke right for the Rox tonight. I'd be very, very surprised if the Lake Show shot this poorly for the remainder of the series.

Lars
05-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Cavs arent going to win shit. They wont even get past Orlando.

RsxPiimp
05-05-2009, 03:19 AM

He said if...

layupdrill
05-05-2009, 05:15 AM
If the hawks somehow beat Cavs tomorrow, we will have threads like "This is why Cavs will not win the title."

lol I agree

Armando
05-05-2009, 08:07 AM
True, out of the last 10 champions... the only "finesse" team that won a ring was the Mavericks, it's not like Cleveland is as physical or as threatening as last year's Celtics though.

:lol

Imposter Cleaner
05-05-2009, 08:33 AM
That's just their reflex reaction.

ElNono
05-05-2009, 08:38 AM

When do you want them to mouth off? When they're down 1-3?
Let them have fun now that they're on top.

jmanu20
05-05-2009, 08:56 AM

The Cavs have played hungry even against a joke of a Detroit team in the first round. I really don't see the Hawks winning tomorrow, mainly because I don't know of one guy on that team who could even slow LeBron.

Against the Jazz, the Lakers would jump out to early leads, coast for a few quarters, let the Jazz get within 5, and wake up in time to finish them off. This worked b/c the Jazz had no team defense.

This will not work against the Rockets. The Rockets have two lockdown defenders who can slow Kobe (Battier did an outstanding job), and they play way better team defense than the Jazz.

I also noticed that the Lakers defense continues to be suspect. Brooks was getting into the lane pretty easily the whole game. The Lakers didn't even begin playing D until about the last 5 minutes of the game.

Neither Bynum or Gasol have ANY chance against Yao. I know Gasol won't play as bad as he did last night offensively the rest of the series (Odom might however, lol), but Yao is more than likely going to continue to abuse Pau and Drew.

I'm sure it will take a near perfect game for the Rockets to win game 2, but to reference the OP, yes, the Cavs have more toughness than the Lakers.

Armando
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I just think is the Lakers going through the motions.

hater
05-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Lakers are probably the softest title contender since the 2007 Phoenix Suns

UltimA
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
:lmao at Rocket fan delusions after stealing one game from the Lakers.People did say a sweep was coming, and in the first game it's impossible already. :toast

samikeyp
05-05-2009, 09:15 AM
All this did was piss off the Lakers.

Kobe and the Kobe-etts in 5.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2009, 11:37 AM
champions dont lose games in the playoffs.

Artest93
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM
All this did was piss off the Lakers.

Kobe and the Kobe-etts in 5.

Kobe's just pissed off that he is being guarded, and he better watch out with that out of control elbow and knee....It's no secret Kobe's dirty, NBA allows him to be, if Brian Cook punched Kobe in the face, it would make my day

TheMACHINE
05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Kobe's just pissed off that he is being guarded, and he better watch out with that out of control elbow and knee....It's no secret Kobe's dirty, NBA allows him to be, if Brian Cook punched Kobe in the face, it would make my day

yah..nba protects kobe..like that time where he got two suspensions for failing his arms.

but i guess its ok to smash someone in the face during a layup in a playoff game.

xtremesteven33
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Artest and Battier have a plan to play physical defense against Kobe. They have 12 personal fouls to use between both of them so they are gonna take advantage of it.....

Its going to be a damn tough series for Kobe :tu

JamStone
05-05-2009, 12:14 PM
It will absolutely be a tough, physical series for Kobe. But it's not like Kobe shied away last night. He took the bumps and hits. He still put up 30 shots. He's going to have to attack the basket more like he started to do in the second half especially if his shot is not consistently falling. He needed to get to the line more. Kobe didn't have a great game by any means, but he certainly needed more help from Gasol and Odom. Gasol played like a pussy most of the game and Odom was settling for jumpers but couldn't even make a free throw.

Plus I think Bynum sucks in general.

SenorSpur
05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
As tough and dominant as the Fakers have been during the regular season, I do believe they have a softness about them (not Kobe of course). The Celtics exposed and exploited this last season. We'll see if or who the team will be to exploit that this year. It pains me that the Spurs were not the team qualified to expose them this year.

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Cavs better watch them Hawks in Round 2. Lakers have won titles...Cavs haven't...

lil_penny
05-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Rick fox has been saying this all along.. this teams soft as tissue..

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
The Lakers need some hardcore vets period. Why Phil Jackson has not insisted on this is beyond me, especially when he was adamant about bringing guys like Ron Harper along when he joined LA in 1999.

And yes the Lakers are a soft team. But that doesn't mean they can't win. They are long and athletic and when they use those things to their advantage their lack of physicality doesn't matter as much. They still won the rebounding battle in Game 1 despite playing like shit.

JamStone
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
It's the salary cap era and it's not an easy thing to do. Plus, there just aren't a lot of tough players in the NBA. It's a dying breed. There are some, but it's hard to find one for cheap. Someone like Kurt Thomas like 4-5 years ago would be nice for the Lakers. I thought they should have matched Golden State's offer to Ronny Turiaf. They were willing to give Luke Walton like a 6 or 7 year deal but wouldn't pony up a little above market value for Turiaf? He brought some toughness inside, would bang, and deliver a hard foul when needed. The Lakers should actually go after Ron Artest this summer.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM
If the choice is between Artest and Ariza I'd take Artest in the off-season.

He'd be a perfect pickup for LAL.