PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Go Out On A Limb

hhml
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
And say Houston will win the championship if they win this series. Multiple championships will follow :lol. The Lakers swept the Rockets during the season but wouldn't it be funny if the Rockets swept the Lakers in the playoffs? This game was officiated well for the majority of the game. However, a few horrible calls down the stretch took away any chance the Lakers could have of winning this game. Off the top of my head, that LO out of bound play, Scola getting away with a push off and then Rockets retain the ball even though it went off his fingertip, and there was another one which I can't seem to recall. These were momentum killers which would've kept the game close rather than balloon up to 10. You'd think the Lakers would get the benefit of the doubt playing at home...Now, on to the players...

Brooks played really well and attacked the basket a lot. Yao was an unstoppable mofo. Artest shot really well and it seem like it was one of those nights where he just can't miss. Shane played excellent defense on Kobe.

Pau played terrible today. Fish got torched repeatedly and was doing nothing on the offensive side. When he's not hitting his shots he's completely useless. Sasha couldn't hit a damn shot. Ariza is his inconsistent self on offense. Bynum continued to play dumb and committing stupid, unneccesary fouls. LO was terrbile from the FT line. Kobe was terrible. All game long he looked to attack and didn't bother to set up his team mates. What made it worse was him settling for jumpers when it was contested well. Why didn't he attack more? I thought he was saving his efforts for the playoffs? What happened to attacking more and not settling? Lastly, Phil should've rested Kobe at the start of the 4th. I think Kobe played the entire 4th and just got burned out. Lakers as a team looked completely out of sync.

I expect the Lakers to get the benefit of the calls in game 2. If not, this is going to be one long series :hat.

DaDakota
05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
You are not out on a limb at all, these are the 2 best teams left in the NBA still playing.

DD

Amaso
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
You are not out on a limb at all, these are the 2 best teams left in the NBA still playing.

DD

Correct.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Boy, you weren't kidding about going out on a limb.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM

DD

Lebron will destroy Houston if they meet. And they're not soft like the limpwristed Lakers.

Lars
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Mavs/Celtics match up well against us, but we match up well against Nuggets, Magic and Cavs.

Lars
05-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Lebron will destroy Houston if they meet. And they're not soft like the limpwristed Lakers.

Houston completely destroyed Lebron the last time they played.

Indazone
05-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Cleveland is nothing. Only reason they beat the Rockets in the Mistake by the Lake is cause of the reffing. Enough crap to cause Yao to say "see you guys in Houston". Home cooking or not, Cleveland would get owned in a 7 game series with Houston.

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 01:12 AM
:lolYeah, and TMAC will return next year and play "teamball" and actually move without the ball and set picks and play consistent D and be our Clyde Drexler and help us repeat like Clyde the Glyde did in 1995:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::toast:lol

Kai
05-05-2009, 01:14 AM

lol @ Lebron destroying the Rockets. Maybe you should catch up on your Lebron vs Houston history. If the Rockets and Cavs were to hypothetically meet up, and the Cavs hypothetically beat us, it would not be because Lebron destroyed us.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Houston completely destroyed Lebron the last time they played.

I think Lebron -- if he has a jumpshot in the Finals unlike in 2007, will play on a different level than the regular season. He's determined.

I think it'd be a grind out series for both teams because they have players who will bang.

Unfortunately for Stern it probably won't have good ratings like a Kobe v. Lebron series....it'll be more like a repeat of 2007, where marginal fans will tune out by game 2. :rollin

Bob Lanier
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM

DD
Ah, no. The Cavaliers are substantially better than either of them.

They match up badly with the Rockets and Bryant vs. West gives the Lakers a chance, but against the league as a whole the Cavs are much better.

The Franchise
05-05-2009, 01:16 AM
How about we just worry about game 2 for now. :lol

hhml
05-05-2009, 01:18 AM
This could be Cleveland's year. Brooks won't be able to run wild offensively since Cavs got good perimeter defenders. Like the Rockets, they play well as a unit defensively. Cavs are a top defensive team so scoring isn't going to come as easy as they are against the Lakers. On the other hand, they got guys who can hit 3s. Lebron, unlike Kobe, will attack constantly and having HCA, will get the calls in their favor. Lakers are not hard to beat at all. All you have to do is pack the paint and Lakers are doomed. We don't have good shooters to keep the defense from lying. Packing the paint will eliminate the Lakers big men as well as Kobe's drive to the lane.

DaDakota
05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
The Cavs are NOTHING, they are Lebron and a bunch of nobodies...we have 2 wings to guard Lebron.

The Rockets would beat them in 5 or 6, same with the Lakers.

This series decides the championship.

DD

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:22 AM
The Cavs are NOTHING, they are Lebron and a bunch of nobodies...we have 2 wings to guard Lebron.

DD

Last year that was the case.
The team is still Lebron, but with Lebron's talent level as the franchise player, he just needs ENOUGH talent + team defense, around him to go all the way.

He has that this year. :lobt2:

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 01:22 AM

DD

66-16 is "nothing"? best defense in league is nothing? their rebounding, shooting, and offensive efficiency are nothing?

Lots of splooging over one god damn win. Cleveland and LA are the 2 best teams in the league.

The_Game
05-05-2009, 01:23 AM

DD

BULLSHIT

how you forget the team with the league MVP and the best record..moron

Cavs are the best team.

hhml
05-05-2009, 01:24 AM
This is Lebron we're talking about. He won't settle for jump shots, therefore eliminating Shane's effectiveness. Shane does a very good job of contesting shots but he won't be able to stop Lebron from penetrating. Same with Artest. Bron is just too quick and too strong for both of them. Artest won't be able to use his strength to his advantage unlike against Kobe.

The_Game
05-05-2009, 01:24 AM

DD

a bunch of nobodies can't help with 66 games...mo williams is a great 2nd option and they have quailty role players who hit their shots...you are a moron.

cavs would destroy Houston in a 7 game series..cavs play better defense and have the best player.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2009, 01:25 AM
The Cavs are NOTHING, they are Lebron and a bunch of nobodies...

DD

WOW you guys get cocky after one win.

we have 2 wings to guard Lebron.

You mean you have two wings that would be absolutely destroyed by a LeBron James playing at top level in the Finals. Seriously, there might not be a player in league history who can guard LeBron. He's a less selfish, more well-rounded version of Kobe who can get to the rim even easier than #24 can. There is no "guarding" LeBron, and any team that plays them this year in the playoffs will find that out. So will you, if you tune in tomorrow.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Cleveland is nothing. Only reason they beat the Rockets in the Mistake by the Lake is cause of the reffing. Enough crap to cause Yao to say "see you guys in Houston". Home cooking or not, Cleveland would get owned in a 7 game series with Houston.

lol regular season

JoeTait75
05-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Cleveland is nothing.

If this is nothing, being nothing isn't so bad.

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 01:28 AM
a bunch of nobodies can't help with 66 games...mo williams is a great 2nd option and they have quailty role players who hit their shots...you are a moron.

cavs would destroy Houston in a 7 game series..cavs play better defense and have the best player.

didn't the mavs win 66 zillion games a few years back and then what did they do? Seriously, it's not hard to rack up wins out east and beating some of the fake west teams. I like our chances against cleveland, provided we were so fortunate to be there.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:30 AM
WOW you guys get cocky after one win.

You mean you have two wings that would be absolutely destroyed by a LeBron James playing at top level in the Finals. Seriously, there might not be a player in league history who can guard LeBron. He's a less selfish, more well-rounded version of Kobe who can get to the rim even easier than #24 can. There is no "guarding" LeBron, and any team that plays them this year in the playoffs will find that out. So will you, if you tune in tomorrow.

There WAS...he wore # 12 in 2007.

The_Game
05-05-2009, 01:37 AM
didn't the mavs win 66 zillion games a few years back and then what did they do? Seriously, it's not hard to rack up wins out east and beating some of the fake west teams. I like our chances against cleveland, provided we were so fortunate to be there.

Mavs didn't have Lebron James

Miami had Wade against them and look what happened..he dominated. Same will happen if roxs played cavs in finals...

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Mavs didn't have Lebron James

Miami had Wade against them and look what happened..he dominated. Same will happen if roxs played cavs in finals...

I love your matter of fact about it, LOL. The rox have done nothing but prove people wrong thus far and If we get there I see no reason why we wouldn't expose them for having 1 superstar, a decent j shooting center and some other dudes.

The_Game
05-05-2009, 01:44 AM
some other dudes? Mo Williams is better than every player on the rockets team but Yao....the cavs have more than enough to win that series.

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 01:55 AM
some other dudes? Mo Williams is better than every player on the rockets team but Yao....the cavs have more than enough to win that series.

like I said, some other dudes.

The_Game
05-05-2009, 01:58 AM
those some other dudes helped cleveland win 66 games for a reason, they are a damn good team. Lebron is that good he can carry his team on his great talent alone.

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 02:01 AM
those some other dudes helped cleveland win 66 games for a reason, they are a damn good team. Lebron is that good he can carry his team on his great talent alone.

Ok bro, change your ava already.

http://www.dazadi.com/images/p300/imp_neon_sign_cle_cavaliers.jpg

The_Game
05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Ok bro, change your ava already.

http://www.dazadi.com/images/p300/imp_neon_sign_cle_cavaliers.jpg

why? my team is done for this year now, need to root for somebody in the playoffs.

sexinthatsx
05-05-2009, 02:19 AM
rockets, good job beating LA because i hate them but seriously you guys aren't that great. As much as I hate the lakers it's going to be tough for yao, artest, and brooks to put up the numbers they did tonight throughout the series.

Xylus
05-05-2009, 03:16 AM
The chances of Houston winning Game 2 are extremely slim. Expect the Lakers to come out firing as they take the momentum back.

It pains me to say this: The Rockets are a great team, but the Lakers are better.

La Peace
05-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Are you implying that the NBA didn't rig this series for LA to win?

Lars
05-05-2009, 03:32 AM
rockets, good job beating LA because i hate them but seriously you guys aren't that great. As much as I hate the lakers it's going to be tough for yao, artest, and brooks to put up the numbers they did tonight throughout the series.

Right but, remeber Landry and Wafer were virtual no shows tonight and they usually contribute 5-10 a game each. Houston's defense isn't just going to go to way. If the Lakers want to get past us, they are gonna have to work for it.

Ron Ron Artest
05-05-2009, 03:41 AM
The chances of Houston winning Game 2 are extremely slim. Expect the Lakers to come out firing as they take the momentum back.

Im pretty sure there was an extremely thin chance we won tonight as well... But i guess we all know how that worked out.

05-05-2009, 03:42 AM
cavs would clobber any team not named the lakers. and unlike the lakers, the cavs actually play defense. rockets won't win the championship by beating the lakers, they would just be doing the cavs a huge favor.

Xylus
05-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Im pretty sure there was an extremely thin chance we won tonight as well... But i guess we all know how that worked out.

Road teams always have a better chance of winning Game 1 than Game 2, because no adjustments have been made between games yet. If the Rockets don't play as well as they did tonight, then the Lakers could complete a backdoor sweep, or end it in 6.

The Lakers know what they're up against now, a little better than they did before. They'll be better prepared in a few days.

Go Rockets!

KidCongo
05-05-2009, 03:52 AM

DD

God I hope the Lakers curb stomp the Rockets in game 2.

Xylus
05-05-2009, 03:57 AM
I would take the Cavs over the Lakers or Rockets.

Brazil
05-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I would take the Cavs over the Lakers or Rockets.

I don't know man I don't know. I have a bad feeling regarding the cavs, I'm not sure they have what it takes to win it all. Maybe I'm still on the image of the spurs sweep, I know the team is different much better and so on but they will have tough games and lbj is still very weak on the FTs line that could make a difference.

The_Game
05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't know man I don't know. I have a bad feeling regarding the cavs, I'm not sure they have what it takes to win it all. Maybe I'm still on the image of the spurs sweep, I know the team is different much better and so on but they will have tough games and lbj is still very weak on the FTs line that could make a difference.

still when is close to 80% from the line considered weak? i don't know what else the cavs need to prove really..they won 66 games, played great defense, have the best player have a balenced offense, good role players, well coached. They are that damn good.

UltimA
05-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Lebron will destroy Houston if they meet. And they're not soft like the limpwristed Lakers.I thought Kobe was going to destroy us? Hasn't happened yet. :lmao

Brazil
05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
still when is close to 80% from the line considered weak? i don't know what else the cavs need to prove really..they won 66 games, played great defense, have the best player have a balenced offense, good role players, well coached. They are that damn good.

yeah but in the 4th he is still capable to brick FTs and even to airball some of them. Plus globally he is not so dominant against elite teams. But once again it's just a feeling, btw I hope I'm wrong: Cavs LOB trophy = Lakers loss.

pauls931
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I would be all for Houston winning just to see how McGravy would react.

sook
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM

are you kidding me? we can shut down lebron so easily, actually the whole cavs team. The thing is we can't shut down Kobe, luck was on our side yesterday. It would take a lot of juju to help us win. Don't forget denver, that team is fucking cold. If they do make it to the finals which is the LONGSHOT yea, they probably can.

First off, i don't see cavs getting past the magic.

sook
05-05-2009, 05:56 PM
I think DaDa is miscomunicating what he is trying to say. Collectively (lanier hit it spot on)
the cavs and lakers are the best teams in terms of matchups overall. But the rockets are as bad of a matchup for the cavs as they were for the blazers.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 05:58 PM

It pains me to say this: The Rockets are a great team, but the Lakers are better.

You can't be in that much pain!:lol