PDA

View Full Version : Now that I've calmed down...

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Good game HOU. Very impressed with your team tonight, showed the same kind of poise you did against POR in Game 1. Absolutely deserved to win the game regardless of the officiating.

This series will hinge on the adjustments that are made. I thought the Lakers, from top to bottom, executed a horrid gameplan. The defensive assignments Phil Jackson had out there were less than ideal.

Fisher on Brooks? That's just asking for trouble. Brooks ate him up in the 4th and scored at least 4 easy layups. Game changer, momentum changer, ball game. If Phil continues his stubborn ways it will seriously hurt the Lakers, they have the personnel to stay in front of Brooks but it's up to Phil to put them on the floor. Shannon Brown, Trevor Ariza, and Jordan Farmar can all do a better job on Brooks.

Not fronting Yao. I'm sorry this was a huge mistake. Yao can't jump over a phone book and fronting him JUST WORKS. It makes players hesitant to even throw a post entry pass to him when you front. If you let Yao catch the ball and setup shop you've already lost. Either double team him or front him. His fade away is unguardable by anyone in this league, you're not going to stop him with single coverage.

No Kobe-Artest cross matching? Kobe has to man up and guard Ron-Ron. He will force Ron to go into a solo battle and distract the Rockets from what they want to do. He can also get away with a lot more on D than Ariza can. You neutralize Ron-Ron and HOU becomes very limited on offense, especially if Yao is on the bench. The Lakers can get away with Fisher on Battier because all Battier does is shoot spot up 3's. He's not hard to defend.

All in all, a lot of adjustments can be made to really change the dynamic of this series. We'll see what Phil does, he's got 9 rings. Time for him to show why.

timvp
05-05-2009, 01:53 AM
I blame the refs. Rick Adelman is known to get ref help against the Lakers.

The TroutBum
05-05-2009, 01:53 AM
You're still a butt fuck Laker fag.

RsxPiimp
05-05-2009, 01:57 AM
You're still a butt fuck Laker fag.

Sourgraping:lol You freaking mormon

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Fronting Yao? Get ready for a healthy dose of Lowry, wafer, scola, artest, landry and yes shane slashing to the cup. Fronting Yao exposes you for defensive board as Yao has inside position. Interesting to see your other players guarding the blur.

lil_penny
05-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Houston is a pretty damn good team.. very tough matchup..

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Fronting Yao? Get ready for a healthy dose of Lowry, wafer, scola, artest, landry and yes shane slashing to the cup. Fronting Yao exposes you for defensive board as Yao has inside position. Interesting to see your other players guarding the blur.

Fronting Yao WORKS. It's the best defensive option you have to combat Yao. Make him work trying to get over the top of the defender and tire him out. Single coverage, double teams, they don't work. JVG said it himself on National TV, front Yao Ming.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Houston is a pretty damn good team.. very tough matchup..

It's more the Lakers did not match HOU's aggressiveness. HOU is playing on another level right now, they kicked it up a notch going into the playoffs while LAL let off the gas. It might be too late for the Lakers to flip the switch.

Roxsfan
05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Fronting Yao WORKS. It's the best defensive option you have to combat Yao. Make him work trying to get over the top of the defender and tire him out. Single coverage, double teams, they don't work. JVG said it himself on National TV, front Yao Ming.

it's effective but not a guarantee.

Def Rowe
05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Brooks has been fantastic this whole series. No one should be sleeping on this guy.

lil_penny
05-05-2009, 02:08 AM
It's more the Lakers did not match HOU's aggressiveness. HOU is playing on another level right now, they kicked it up a notch going into the playoffs while LAL let off the gas. It might be too late for the Lakers to flip the switch.

Yea gotta agree with you.. houston is in a groove right now and have been quite impressive during the playoffs thus far. I expect lakers commming out very strong next game though.

RsxPiimp
05-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Brooks has been fantastic this whole series. No one should be sleeping on this guy.

no one can stop Brooks, not fisher, farmar or even shannon brown. he's the rockets x-factor against lakers. he lights the lakers up consistently then its going to be a long series for the laqueers.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Lakers in 6

angelbelow
05-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Good game HOU. Very impressed with your team tonight, showed the same kind of poise you did against POR in Game 1. Absolutely deserved to win the game regardless of the officiating.

This series will hinge on the adjustments that are made. I thought the Lakers, from top to bottom, executed a horrid gameplan. The defensive assignments Phil Jackson had out there were less than ideal.

Fisher on Brooks? That's just asking for trouble. Brooks ate him up in the 4th and scored at least 4 easy layups. Game changer, momentum changer, ball game. If Phil continues his stubborn ways it will seriously hurt the Lakers, they have the personnel to stay in front of Brooks but it's up to Phil to put them on the floor. Shannon Brown, Trevor Ariza, and Jordan Farmar can all do a better job on Brooks.

Not fronting Yao. I'm sorry this was a huge mistake. Yao can't jump over a phone book and fronting him JUST WORKS. It makes players hesitant to even throw a post entry pass to him when you front. If you let Yao catch the ball and setup shop you've already lost. Either double team him or front him. His fade away is unguardable by anyone in this league, you're not going to stop him with single coverage.

No Kobe-Artest cross matching? Kobe has to man up and guard Ron-Ron. He will force Ron to go into a solo battle and distract the Rockets from what they want to do. He can also get away with a lot more on D than Ariza can. You neutralize Ron-Ron and HOU becomes very limited on offense, especially if Yao is on the bench. The Lakers can get away with Fisher on Battier because all Battier does is shoot spot up 3's. He's not hard to defend.

All in all, a lot of adjustments can be made to really change the dynamic of this series. We'll see what Phil does, he's got 9 rings. Time for him to show why.

even in this modest post i found you annoying :p:

Indazone
05-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Lakers got nobody that can stay in front of Brooks. Not Farmar, not Brown, not Ariza, and certainly not Fisher.

Mugen
05-05-2009, 02:17 AM
the real DrHouse was the little bitch complaining about the refs, everyone knows that.

DAF86
05-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Lakers defense sucks, if they don't make shots they don't win, simple as that. I still think they are getting out of the West but I no longer think they'll win it all.

timvp
05-05-2009, 02:20 AM

The series just started . . .

Def Rowe
05-05-2009, 02:23 AM
The series just started . . .

Up until now. Brooks was solid against Portland as well.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
05-05-2009, 02:37 AM
yes!!!!! he has ^^^

agreed.

ezau
05-05-2009, 06:08 AM
It was just a matter of time before the Lakers were reminded that these were the playoffs. That means no cruising, no pussy kind of basketball, and more importantly, no underestimating their opponents. If they don't wake up soon enough, they are going down.

resistanze
05-05-2009, 06:36 AM
LMAO Lakers.

Brazil
05-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Good post DrHouse for once... amazing to see what a loss can do to reduce the size of ego fans.

Houston did a very good job. Now I think that rockets FO understood that T-Mac is a fucking waste of time, let's imagine one second Houston given up of T-Mac and use wisely the 20M saving... scary for the others...

BlackSwordsMan
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
No SD thread about the lakers losing? :wow

ElNono
05-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Drama queen/attention whore thread... don't need to start a thread every time you have thought.
There's already five or more HOU-LAL threads...

Brazil
05-05-2009, 07:42 AM
No SD thread about the lakers losing? :wow

SD is not creating threads anymore for teams doing what they suppose to do.

sribb43
05-05-2009, 07:52 AM

Fronting Yao is very effective, quick undersized defenders can give him trouble if they make him work for the ball. you can let him pin you in the paint and let him catch it with ease. Last regular season game Yao was torching Damp and in the 2nd half, guys like Hollins and Bass were fronting Yao and he was ineffective. I even remember guys like Najera gave Yao some trouble because of their quickness. Yao will punish you if are behind him when he catches the ball. At least make him work and tire him out..otherwise your at Yao's mercy

pauls931
05-05-2009, 08:02 AM
I blame the refs. Rick Adelman is known to get ref help against the Lakers.

Was that a veiled stab at LA? aka 2002 WCF?

MB20
05-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I predict Scola will score more in game 2.
Lakers will adjust to Yao (fronting, sandwiching), and forget about Scola.

florige
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Thank goodness we don't have to hear troll Laker fans talking about that 43-0 first round crap with Phil Jackson coached teams now. Thanks you Houston, you just saved a ton of bandwidth.

Imposter Cleaner
05-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I kind of remember 04-05's playoffs, the Rockets won the first game too, also on road as well. But the Rockets eventually lost that series whatsoever.

pauls931
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I think we'd get another classic rap from Shaq if kobe gets knocked out in the 2nd round. I still don't see it happening though, just too much talent on LA, but perhaps Houston exposed that they can't play a slowed down grind it out game.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Must be revenge from Rick Adelman from 2002.

Indazone
05-05-2009, 09:33 AM
This Rockets team is better than the 2002 Kings

Rogue
05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
china is better than the united states of america

Mavs didn't win the champoinship of 05-06 season

Kobe is not a bitch

Tracy McGrady is not a scapegoat

The financial crisis is unreal

Water is not wet

The sky is yellow

NBA is not a scam

Indazone is not an idiot

UltimA
05-05-2009, 09:44 AM
LMAO Lakers.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
On Wed. we will find out just how much of the Laker's shitty play was attributed to not playing a game in a week.

Part of me is thinking this will turn out like the 2001 76ers series. Lakers don't play for a week, drop Game 1 and then come roaring back to win 4 straight. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened.

Lakers in 6.

ElNono
05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
On Wed. we will find out just how much of the Laker's shitty play was attributed to not playing a game in a week.

Part of me is thinking this will turn out like the 2001 76ers series. Lakers don't play for a week, drop Game 1 and then come roaring back to win 4 straight. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened.

Lakers in 6.

Does not compute...

And I'm writing you down for a Backdoor Motherfucking Sweeeeeeppppp!!!!

BUMP
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM

Lakers in 6.

agreed

im sure if ST worked like it did back then as it does today, 76er fans would be spamming the forum with LMAO Laker threads. whatever happened to waiting til the series was over?

Even the DAL-SA series this year after each win, it seemed like the series was over the way the fans celebrated

ElNono
05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
LMAO Lakers

:lol

dirk4mvp
05-05-2009, 10:12 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Please tell me you're joking.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 10:34 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2823)

Banzai
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
um..the 2001 Lakers are 1000 times better than this years Lakers. They also had Shaq in his prime, Sorry Bynum and Gasol are no Shaq. And they only lost 1 game that year in the playoffs.

true.