PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do . . .

timvp
05-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Is it just me or would the Spurs have matched up damn well with these Rockets? Even without Ginobili. They don't have anyone with history of defending Duncan well. They traded away their player who defended Parker well. Battier and Artest are great defenders but neither player can defend Duncan or Parker.

Defensively, Duncan guards Yao very well. Kurt Thomas defends Yao well. Udoka was born for the sole purpose of defending Artest. Parker can stay with Brooks. Bowen could guard Wafer or whichever perimeter player gets hot. You-Know-Who would have a big series but one matchup advantage wouldn't overshadow every other Spurs advantage.

I wanted the Spurs to play the Rockets in the first round and I still think it was the best matchup. The Rockets very well could be a top three team in the NBA right now but damn the Spurs match up with them about as good as the Mavs match up with the Spurs.

Ah well :pctoss

P.S.

What I don't want to happen is for the Rockets to beat the Lakers and then Pop and RC think to themselves "lol rockets, we could beat the Rockets by simply bringing back the same team!"

P.P.S.

Watching the Rockets with Battier and Artest reminds me of the good ol' days when the Spurs used to have multiple above average one-on-one perimeter defenders. Oh how I miss the '99 Elliott, Elie and JJackson or even Bowen and SJackson of '03 :depressed

P.P.P.S.

Nice trade, Spurs. You've successfully helped a division rival not only leapfrog San Antonio but perhaps even the whole damn Western Conference. Take You-Know-Who away from the Rockets and they'd be damn near a lottery team.

DAF86
05-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Don't worry, the Rockets aren't going to beat LA.

timvp
05-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Don't worry, the Rockets aren't going to beat LA.:rolleyes @ trying to use reverse mojo to help the Unspeakable One.

Ditty
05-05-2009, 02:28 AM
i actually wanted these guys in the 1st round aso they would of matched up well with the rockets IMO also

good thread

DAF86
05-05-2009, 02:32 AM
:rolleyes @ trying to use reverse mojo to help the Unspeakable One.

Nah, I really think they won't beat them. They don't have enough fire power to beat the Lakers.

Mugen
05-05-2009, 02:33 AM
eh bonner, fin, and the rest of the reserves would have still had to step up and after that first round showing, i really cant give them the benefit of the doubt.

DAF86
05-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Nah, I really think they won't beat them. They don't have enough fire power to beat the Lakers.

I'm not going to lie, I'd love it if they do, but they won't. They'll get one more win out of the Lakers max.

AnthonyM
05-05-2009, 02:35 AM
plus LA looked like they thought they could just score whenever they wanted against the rockets...

obviously the rockets showed you cant really do that but i still think LA wins in 6 just cuz i think they took the rockets for granted tonight...and they played terrible

Danny.Zhu
05-05-2009, 02:59 AM
P.P.P.S.

Nice trade, Spurs. You've successfully helped a division rival not only leapfrog San Antonio but perhaps even the whole damn Western Conference. Take You-Know-Who away from the Rockets and they'd be damn near a lottery team.

Just can't agree more.

kace
05-05-2009, 03:15 AM
what is scary is to think that houston could use the useless 20 M they use for T-Mac.

Can you imagine these Rockets with one more 20 M player, or two 10 M players or whoever these 20 M can bring them ?

is there a way they could get rid of T-Mac, because damn, that would be scary.

flipcritic
05-05-2009, 04:31 AM
Woulda coulda shoulda.

Time to move on.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 04:44 AM
The Spurs would have lost 4-1. They only showed up for one game. That wouldn't have changed, no matter who they played.

rascal
05-05-2009, 06:04 AM
The spurs would not have beaten anyone. They stumbled badly down the stretch this season.

polandprzem
05-05-2009, 06:04 AM
The Spurs would have lost 4-1. They only showed up for one game. That wouldn't have changed, no matter who they played.
Probably

It really does not matter. It's better that the spurs lost after 5 games. This days off could be benificial.
Could we beat Rox in round one? I doubt it and still we would face Nuggs in the second. And Nuggs are not that great of a matchup as for us well.

And F it, if you are better you are better no matter the matchup, you always find a way to win the series.

urunobili
05-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Damn these Rockets looked legit yesterday.... and to make timvp's day even worse...

LS probably is their x-factor... a guy that shows them how to play relentlessly all the time and puts the betterment of the team in front of his ego... i don't remember any other player on that roster that could inspire the rest of the team like that...

Damn even Brent Barry who is playing yet more Playoff Basketball this year said he is a taller Ginobili :depressed

raspsa
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Just as well the Spurs got eliminated early rather than later on.. greater risk of injury to TD or Tony.

The Franchise
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
It's just you..... Hater.

45 bank shot
05-05-2009, 08:19 AM
actually the rockets are oustanding coming playoffs time and we are just plain bad.
Rockets win the series in 6

Extra Stout
05-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Is it just me or would the Spurs have matched up damn well with these Rockets? Even without Ginobili. They don't have anyone with history of defending Duncan well. They traded away their player who defended Parker well. Battier and Artest are great defenders but neither player can defend Duncan or Parker.
No. The Spurs would not have matched up well with the Rockets. The Spurs sucked. The Spurs were not a good team. Phoenix would have beaten them. Minnesota would have given them a run. Oklahoma City would have taken them to 6 or 7 games. Stop deluding yourself into thinking that the Spurs outside of Duncan and Parker were anything other than a steaming pile of dog shit unfit to wear a uniform that has graced several champions.

Dallas looked like a good defensive team against them. Dallas. Denver is going to wipe the floor with Dallas. The only team the Spurs could have beaten was New Orleans, because the Hornets suck even worse and intentionally quit on their coach.

Houston is good at defense. Houston would have let Parker get his 30, Duncan his 20, and held every other player combined to 25. In that Game 3 apocalypse, the Spurs would have flirted with the all-time record for failing to score if they were playing the Rockets. It would have been like 89-57 or some such thing.

This is what I am worried about. I am worried that given a few weeks away from what happened on the floor, the front office will start thinking that maybe Dallas was just a bad matchup, but that really the Spurs are fine bringing back most of a supporting cast that is totally incompetent at the sport of basketball.

What I don't want to happen is for the Rockets to beat the Lakers and then Pop and RC think to themselves "lol rockets, we could beat the Rockets by simply bringing back the same team!"
Exactly. Though if really there is a chance that a front office that sucked so bad at putting decent talent around its stars is simultaneously so filled with hubris that it thinks, despite the Spurs' getting their asses handed to them by a completely pedestrian has-been Mavs team, they could hang with any part of the West's elite, then frankly it is well past for R.C. Buford to be given bus fare to South Dakota to look for a job as a dish washer or window cleaner.

Lottery team? :lol No. But yes, they handed away a starting-quality power forward with a flair for coming through in the clutch to a division rival.

Ever since Sam Presti left, the Spurs' front office has looked like the Bulls circa 1998 when Jerry Krause had completed his transformation from savvy brainchild of the Bulls' dynasty to the laughingstock who said, "Players don't win championships. Organizations do."

So do we really think these same guys are suddenly going to get it together and find six quality players so that Tim Duncan doesn't end up spending his last three seasons on an extended farewell tour and Tony Parker isn't announced in 2011 as the new point guard for yooooooooour Los Angeles Lakers? Not freaking likely. R.C. is a victim of his own hubris, Pop has lost his edge, and everyone else has one eye on their own retirement in three years.

completely deck
05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
dear jonathan,
hi it's me, the past. stop dwelling on me, it is time to move on. all things happen for a reason.

ploto
05-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Is it just me or would the Spurs have matched up damn well with these Rockets?
Ironically, was it not the intention of the Spurs after 2006 to structure the team to match up with Dallas?

I also know that despite what you wrote , Pop would have still started Bonner.

ElNono
05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Given the physicality this HOU team can play with, as shown on last night's game, I don't think we would have been even close. Duncan couldn't impose his physicality with Dampier, and how do you ask Bonner, Mason or Finley to be tough, when they haven't been ever?
Udoka would have played more, and he would have defended well, but would Pop go long stretches with him when he can't buy a basket and when Mason is sitting on the bench?

I'm sorry, I don't see it.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Rockets would have swept the Spurs. We couldn't even score consistently against a poor Dallas defense, no way we do it against a Rockets defense that is one of the best in the league. We would have set records for offensive futility in a playoff series...

completely deck
05-05-2009, 08:58 AM
oh Presti you inconceivable fool.

Imposter Cleaner
05-05-2009, 09:10 AM
I totally agree with Jeff on whatever he posted in this thread, Mavs are almost the toughest match-up for Spurs. Rockets woule be beaten to hell if they were playing Spurs but not Lakers or Blazers.

Extra Stout
05-05-2009, 09:22 AM
We forget just how good Sam Presti was. His two master strokes in San Antonio were the scouting of Tony Parker, and his now-little-heralded acquisition of Hedo Turkoglu. While Hedo didn't really pan out in SA, it was still highly impressive how Presti's mastery of the CBA got the Spurs involved as a bit player in the Indiana-Sacramento Brad Miller deal, and got them basically a free quality player (they traded a retired Danny Ferry's non-guaranteed contract for Turkoglu to help make the numbers work in the Miller deal).

With Presti, the Spurs had situations like trying to decide who between Gordan Giricek and Manu Ginobili to bring on board. Obviously, Ginobili was the right choice, but having the luxury of giving up a player like Giricek who ended up giving the Jazz some decent years was a side effect of having somebody up front who knew what he was doing in scouting talent.

The underlined deals in Rodney21a's post above show how Presti has continued his skillful dealings in Seattle/OKC. Rashard Lewis wanted out of Seattle and would have left for nothing. Presti made a deal, and then a couple more deals, and ultimately turned thin air into three first-round picks -- two from Phoenix and one from the Spurs. Presti dumped an aging, expensive Ray Allen for a draft pick, and struck gold with the pick in getting Jeff Green.

His misstep so far was in hiring P.J. as head coach. P.J. apparently is best suited to be an assistant.

We already have seen this year how the Thunder have stockpiled talent and are beginning to come together as a team. If things keep going like this, in 10 years, Presti's reputation will be as the mastermind behind two improbable small-market Western Conference powerhouses.

Meanwhile, R.C. Buford is best known for:
1) Forgetting how old Andres Nocioni was
2) Failing to understand the details of Luis Scola's buyout
3) Signing a borderline-retarded Jackie Butler to a $10 million contract based upon Larry Brown's advice
4) Giving away Luis Scola to the Rockets so he could dump Butler's deal

I think the only reason Presti doesn't take advantage of Buford the way Mitch Kupchak does to Chris Wallace is compassion from working together for so long.

ducks
05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
lets just see what phil jackson does to adjust before you annoint the rockets
phil jackson makes great adjustments
I would be shocked to see brooks go for another 20 next game
also rockets traded to get a new point
spurs did not help in that

timvp
05-05-2009, 09:44 AM
The Spurs would have lost 4-1. They only showed up for one game. That wouldn't have changed, no matter who they played.The Mavs were a horrible match up. The Rockets were a very good matchup.

Nowhere did I say the Spurs would actually beat the Rockets. I'd still would have given the Rockets the edge to win the series but the matchups would have allowed the Spurs to utilize the little talent they had outside of TD and TP. The Thomases and Udokas all of a sudden wouldn't have looked as worthless.

However, getting exposed might be best for the team's future.

The spurs would not have beaten anyone. They stumbled badly down the stretch this season.Says the guy who picked the Spurs to beat the Mavs. STFU.

It's just you..... Hater.Rocket fans remain on the short bus. I never said the Spurs would beat the Rockets. I praised the Rockets throughout the post, even saying they could be the best team in the West.

Yet short bus Rocket fan, per usual, lacks any sort of reading comprehension.

No. The Spurs would not have matched up well with the Rockets. The Spurs sucked. The Spurs were not a good team. Phoenix would have beaten them. Minnesota would have given them a run. Oklahoma City would have taken them to 6 or 7 games.:lol Spurs would have beat Phoenix easily. Minnesota? Please.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking that the Spurs outside of Duncan and Parker were anything other than a steaming pile of dog shit unfit to wear a uniform that has graced several champions. They are bad but not as horrible as the Mavs made it appear. Again, bad and in need of an upgrade, but when literally every role player on the team doesn't fit against the opponent (other than maybe George Hill), they are going to end up looking YMCA level.

Going too far and pretending the Spurs would have lost to a WNBA team in the playoffs is about as productive as saying the Spurs would have won the championship if they would have avoided the Mavs. Realistic perspective is needed -- not complete doom, gloom and panic.

dear jonathan,
hi it's me, the past. stop dwelling on me, it is time to move on. all things happen for a reason.I'm not sure who you are talking to but this is hilarious coming from the cat who almost literally started crying when I said the Mavs were probably going to beat the Spurs before the series started.

Ironically, was it not the intention of the Spurs after 2006 to structure the team to match up with Dallas? Not that I could tell. If your goal is to structure your team to beat Dallas, you'd think they'd bring in at least one player who is capable of defending Dirk. Or at least one Long Three .... the type of player the Spurs have lacked since Hedo left and the type of player that is best to have to go against the Mavs.

I also know that despite what you wrote , Pop would have still started Bonner.What did I write that makes you think differently?

timvp
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
We forget just how good Sam Presti was.Ah, yes, the Sam Presti card. The only more irrational card is the P.J. Carlesimo card.

Presti was good at what he did but he wasn't the only competent person in the Spurs organization, as is the common folk story these days.

His two master strokes in San Antonio were the scouting of Tony Parker, and his now-little-heralded acquisition of Hedo Turkoglu. While Hedo didn't really pan out in SA, it was still highly impressive how Presti's mastery of the CBA got the Spurs involved as a bit player in the Indiana-Sacramento Brad Miller deal, and got them basically a free quality player (they traded a retired Danny Ferry's non-guaranteed contract for Turkoglu to help make the numbers work in the Miller deal).The scouting of Parker started before Presti came to San Antonio. The man most responsible for the scouting was RC. Presti's role was piecing together a highlight film for Pop to watch to encourage Pop to give TP a second workout. But Parker was almost all RC's find. If YouTube would have existed at that point in time, it probably would have been 100% RC's find.

The Hedo trade was creative ... but it still brought over Hedo who unceremoniously choked massively in the playoffs. In retrospect, Ferry's unguaranteed contract could have been used much better than getting a one-year rental of a choker who the Spurs never really had a chance to re-sign. The only thing that would have made that a good trade is if the Spurs won the 2004 title. With Hedo choking and then leaving for nothing, I'm not sure how that is a feather in the cap.

With Presti, the Spurs had situations like trying to decide who between Gordan Giricek and Manu Ginobili to bring on board. Obviously, Ginobili was the right choice, but having the luxury of giving up a player like Giricek who ended up giving the Jazz some decent years was a side effect of having somebody up front who knew what he was doing in scouting talent.:lol Good one. Let's give Presti credit for two players who were drafted before he even joined the team.

Props, Presti. While you were still playing basketball at Emerson and prior to even meeting RC or Pop, you were instrumental in the drafting of Ginobili and Giricek. :tu

Meanwhile, R.C. Buford is best known for:
1) Forgetting how old Andres Nocioni wasSam Schuler's fault. Subsequently fired.

2) Failing to understand the details of Luis Scola's buyoutThe Spurs understood it. RC thought he couldn't rebound or defend on the NBA level. He was wrong.

3) Signing a borderline-retarded Jackie Butler to a $10 million contract based upon Larry Brown's advice$5.5M.

I think the only reason Presti doesn't take advantage of Buford the way Mitch Kupchak does to Chris Wallace is compassion from working together for so long.:rolleyes

Presti hasn't done anything too amazing yet in Seattle/Oklahoma City. He has one lottery pick (Jeff Green) to show for Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen. That's not an overwhelming pull. He has a plethora of late first round picks coming but he has them in weak drafts and will end up being forced to move at least a few. He has the Thunder headed in the right direction but take Durant out of the equation and he probably would have gotten fired by now. As it is, Bennett is already turning up the heat.

And where do you mention the moves he was totally responsible for in San Antonio? The Spurs have said five moves were almost all of Presti's doing: 1) The trade for Hedo 2) The drafting of Mahinmi 3) The drafting of Sanikidze 4) The drafting of Karaulov 5) The signing of Francisco Elson.

All of those are failures at the moment. Mahinmi has a chance but he looks like a reach at this point. Sanikidze plays for Fraggle Rock and has never done anything of note -- despite being picked right before Trevor Ariza. Karaulov might be the worst pick in the NBA the last decade. Presti wanted him even though he never saw him play before the draft :lol -- he took the word of a Russian scout. Karaulov has spent the last half decade as a backup on a second level Russian team. And Francisco Elson? Enough said.

E20
05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
timvp being attacked on all fronts.

lol the unspeakable one, good one.

pppppps
tell kori to cash out the vbookie.

Indazone
05-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Spurs and Rockets starters match up well. But that Rockets bench would have worn the Spurs bench down.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Ironically, was it not the intention of the Spurs after 2006 to structure the team to match up with Dallas?

I heard that mentioned around here a lot, but this season should prove that if that was the official intent, that it was an overwhelming failure. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree with Extra Stout, any decent to good coach has an automatic game plan in defending the Spurs of 2009. Another poster mentioned that it was the one we employed on the Suns (in their last couple playoffs) when the team's offensive power came from Amare and Nash.
Spurs this year after looking at the 1st round debacle, were never going anywhere against any team. We lost 4-1 to the Mavs! At best we could have been competitive against any team, probably moreso than the Mavs, but all the teams that played in the playoffs, Nuggets, Lakers, and even young Portland had the advantage over us, whether it was in youth, length, or having just one more offensive weapon than our own.

Don't get me wrong I believed we were good enough before the Playoffs started to get to the WCF :wow because on paper they look good enough to match up with certain teams better, with certain offensive strengths. In reality however, none of the roleplayers had heart so in-the-actual-game it meant nothing. They didn't give a shit by the time the playoffs started. They just wanted to go home because it was drilled into their heads during the regular season, "you're worthless without the big three, especially without Manu" and I don't believe that our roleplayers physically were worthless, just mentally. (Tony for instance, should not have been a few rebounds shy of being the second leading rebounder :bang)

Houston has the pieces to protect the basket, and big enough guards to defend the perimeter, where they can defend everyone else outside of Tim and Tony. With only one penetrator, they would easily kill our three point threat.
And they would definitely out muscle us on rebounds. Our offense was so bad this year, and our defense was only strong in parts (Duncan, Bowen, KT) and not the sum of those parts like in the past.
We probably would only win two games against the Rockets given the slower pace of offense, compared to the Mavs series...

I think Pop would be able to coach and exploit Rockets match up better than Dallas to make it competitive though it'd be like 2006 against the Kings, and this time we're not as good as 2006, so Spurs would be the under dogs. Artest therefore would eat us alive. So in terms of strength, length, leaping ability, and defense - Houston is miles above us....

I mean, we have Tim to go up against Yao, and Tony to torch Brooks...but they have Scola, Lowry, Artest, Battier, Von Wafer, Chuck Hayes..
I only see George Hill stepping up agaisnt these guys defensively with his length and hops. Bonner would be destroyed. Roger would disappear because he'd be easy to minimize if the game plan is to let Tony and Tim get theirs....and Finley wouldn't do anything. And what's his name, Gooden?? would be on the bench anyway by game 2. :pctoss
Udoka wouldn't do shit. :lmao
I wouldn't overestimate him. He is made for no team.

We only have one Bowen to defend one of the offensive guards, and I think Adelman would use the Artest mismatch.
If Adelman is good enough he could easily use the bigger Houston bodies to abuse and embarrass the Spurs of 2009. (Didn't Artest shoot a crazy percentage against us in 2006, when we were actually good???) He'd eat us alive this year on offense.

I mean, THIS IS THE TEAM THAT MADE J.J. BAREA look good.

ElNono
05-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I mean, THIS IS THE TEAM THAT MADE J.J. BAREA look good.

So true, it hurts.
:depressed

hater
05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Scola thread!

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure who you are talking to but this is hilarious coming from the cat who almost literally started crying when I said the Mavs were probably going to beat the Spurs before the series started.

My CA website inspector has this site registered to a Jonathan Ellis with a SA address and servers out of Slovenia. I guess that's where he got the name.

And yes, he did cry like a bitch when you picked the Mavs to win the series. It was funny.

completely deck
05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
check out NoName McGee come out of the woodworks to suck on timvp's dick.

timvp
05-05-2009, 11:30 AM
My CA website inspector has this site registered to a Jonathan Ellis with a SA address and servers out of Slovenia. I guess that's where he got the name.I see. :lol Stalker failure.

rascal
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Says the guy who picked the Spurs to beat the Mavs. STFU.

I had the spurs barely squeaking past the mavs in 7 games. You also had the spurs over the mavs. Was it 5 or 6 games? Your picks are no longer up in the 1'st round prediction thread. Were they that bad? Kori did well missing only two series. She must have smoked you.

timvp
05-05-2009, 11:59 AM
The spurs would not have beaten anyone. They stumbled badly down the stretch this season.

I had the spurs barely squeaking past the mavs in 7 games.You don't make much sense. You say the Spurs wouldn't have beaten anyone yet you picked them to beat the Mavs? Props.

You also had the spurs over the mavs.You need to follow along more closely :reading

SenorSpur
05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
For me, watching the remaining Western conference games, I've come to realize just how much trouble the Spurs were in - and not just because of the Ginobili injury.

Watching the Rockets take on the Fakers, it's obvious that this Houston team is a tough, physical, and a very hard-nosed, defensive-minded team. They pounded them and kept the score low. They reminded me a lot of our Spurs in recent years. Offensively, the Rockets are not the offensively-challenged, "walk-it-up" team they were under Jeff Van Gundy. They can get out and run on selective occasions, yet they still thrive in half-court sets.

That said, I don't think the Spurs would've matched up well to them. First off, despite being smart, battle-tested, former champions, the Spurs simply were not the formidable defensive team they once were. Much of this decline had to do with the slippage of their best two defensive players - Duncan and Bowen. It's easy to see how their decline affected the Spurs overall team defensive efficiency. Because no other player(s) emerged as stout, on-the-ball defenders or rim-protectors, there was little to offset that slippage. Thus, the Spurs have been gradually reduced to a good defensive team - rather than a great one. This was evident throughout the year and into the playoffs. Despite Pop having drafted a terrific playoff game plan against Dirk and Terry, it was obvious there were leaks in the dam, as the Mavs supporting cast (especially Josh Howard) hurt the Spurs in other areas.

Next, the Mavs also exposed offensive flaws with the Spurs roster. Their bench was simply too thin on talent, too long on age, and far too low on skill. Outside of the Big Two, the Spurs simply did not have the offensive firepower needed to keep them in games. They got very little from their bench, as the Mavs reduced them to a virtual 2-man team. If the Mavs exploited this flaw, surely a superior defensive team, like the Rockets, would have.

I'm further convinced the Spurs would've struggled no matter who they were matched up against. In fact, watching the remaining teams in the Western conference, makes me realize just how talent-poor this Spurs team really was. Obviously, Manu's presence would've helped, but his presence also would've only masked the painful reality. The Spurs were simply not good enough this year. If you struggle to score and have trouble stopping the other team from scoring, it's tough to be successful in the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
It wouldn't matter because the role players would've been pitiful come playoff time anyway.

rascal
05-05-2009, 01:41 PM
You don't make much sense. You say the Spurs wouldn't have beaten anyone yet you picked them to beat the Mavs? Props.

You need to follow along more closely :reading

Show me where you picked the Mavs over the Spurs. You said the spurs did not match up well with the Mavs and would have a better chance against the Rockets but still went ahead and picked the spurs over the Mavs. In matter in fact I have never seen you pick against the spurs.

I make sense. You follow along. I said the spurs wouldn't have beaten anyone after they lost to the Mavs. Thats an after the fact statement made in this thread. I did not expect the spurs to go far this year.

I did expect them to get past Dallas in the first round, same as you. You act like your above making a failed prediction. Your predictions are not anything special compared to anyone else in here.

timvp
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Show me where you picked the Mavs over the Spurs? You said the spurs did not match up well with the Mavs and would have a better chance against the Rockets but still went ahead and picked the spurs over the Mavs. In matter in fact I have never seen you pick against the spurs.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123106

Apology Accepted.

I make sense. You follow along. I said the spurs wouldn't have beaten anyone after they lost to the Mavs.Again, you have no credibility when it comes to understanding what makes the Spurs win or lose. You picked against the Spurs winning championships in 2003, 2005 and 2007. This year, you pick the Spurs to win a series they lost.

Saying the Spurs will lose every year since you've found the internets isn't a talent. It's especially not a talent when the Spurs end up losing in one of the rare series you pick them to win.

Tossing a coin into the air and calling heads or tails has more credibility than you.

rascal
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I picked the spurs in every year that they won the championship. I have never picked against the spurs in a finals. No doubt I didn't think they would reach the finals in all the years other than 1999. I have said the spurs will never lose a finals.

Nice call in that particular thread on the Mav-spur series. I missed seeing that call on % for victory in that thread.

You picked the spurs in the prediction thread and thats what I saw. You have since pulled your predictions in that thread down.

jag
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes @ trying to use reverse mojo to help the Unspeakable One.

:lol the "Unspeakable One".

I like how you tried to disguise this thread as a "matchup" thread. It's understandable cause this has the potential to be a huge (rocket PF) butt-fest.

I also agree with your take...the Spurs had and have always had terrible matchup problems with the Mavs. But i still dont think the Spurs would match up with the Lakers any better.

polandprzem
05-05-2009, 02:39 PM
timvp it looks a bit like you are crying

smeagol
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I picked the spurs in every year that they won the championship. I have never picked against the spurs in a finals. No doubt I didn't think they would reach the finals in all the years other than 1999. I have said the spurs will never lose a finals.

Nice call in that particular thread on the Mav-spur series. I missed seeing that call on % for victory in that thread.

You picked the spurs in the prediction thread and thats what I saw. You have since pulled your predictions in that thread down.

You said the Spurs would lose against Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, etc in 2003/05/07.

How can you possibly claim you made the right pick simply because you called the NBA finals?

polandprzem
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Jezzz it's all messed up right now :dizzy

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
check out NoName McGee come out of the woodworks to suck on timvp's dick.

I've been here quite a bit longer than you, junior member.

Did you get a good enough cry out of the horror of the owner of this site saying the Spurs were probably not going to win the series? Or do you want to cry and bitch some more? If so, find somebody else's leg to hump cause I just don't give a shit about you.

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I see. :lol Stalker failure.

Well, since I am in the business of buying and selling websites it's one of many very useful tools for me to do my due dilligence and make sure I'm not getting hosed buying a piece of virtual real estate.

The stalking is just a perk.

ducks
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
lets revist this thread after phil makes adjustments

bryam should not start
he gets in foul trouble to easily
let odom start bring byrum off the bench hopefully ming will have a foul by then and not be as aggressive
odome sucked off the bench last night

DAF86
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
lets revist this thread after phil makes adjustments

bryam should not start
he gets in foul trouble to easily
let odom start bring byrum off the bench hopefully ming will have a foul by then and not be as aggressive
odome sucked off the bench last night

Why do you want the Lakers to win?

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Why do you want the Lakers to win?

He's terrified that the Cavs are going to win a championship, because it'll make him look even stupider when he starts a new thread next season when Lebron makes a mistake.

rascal
05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
You said the Spurs would lose against Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, etc in 2003/05/07.

How can you possibly claim you made the right pick simply because you called the NBA finals?

Show me one person on this site who is right on every playoff series.

ploto
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
His misstep so far was in hiring P.J. as head coach. P.J. apparently is best suited to be an assistant.

Sam really TRIED not to hire PJ.

ploto
05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
What did I write that makes you think differently?

If you've got Tim on Yao, then Bonner is on Scola. :lol What is good about that match-up?

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
If you've got Tim on Yao, then Bonner is on Scola. :lol What is good about that match-up?

I have no worries about Bonner's ability to guard Scola. Since he's the starting center for the Spurs, he should really be able to help against Yao. News flash: He can't.

DPG21920
05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Theoretically you are correct Timvp, but with the effort put forth, the Spurs would have lost. The activity on the Rockets defense would have stifled the Spurs.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
We would have definitely matched up better with the Rockets, and would have beat them too in the lowest watched NBA playoff series in NBA playoff history, with the record for lowest average total scoring in an NBA playoff series history.

Average score would have been 73-67.

Every time we play Houston, it stays ugly, physical, and close. But our savvy always wins out. We have exactly the right tools to go head to head with H-town.

Dallas made our bench look ten times shittier than it actually is. All things considered, a reserve of Thomas, Gooden, and Oberto is pretty damn decent. The weakness would have been Bonner, but something tells me he would have played alot better when not dodging barrages of mania courtesy of Mav Fan (they're still petitioning the NBA for a "We Beat The Spurs!" banner).