NewJerSpur
05-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Brett Favre.....Discuss.

IronMexican
05-05-2009, 03:55 AM
I fucking hate him.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM
That's what he wants, so I won't participate.

monosylab1k
05-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Vikings, book it.

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
No. And fuck you for bringing it up.

DBryant88
05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Brett Favre.....Discuss.

likes boys

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:20 PM
They're already prepping the magazine.....lol

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2690700258_69ab64bc7d.jpg

Kriz-Maxima
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
He is a little bitch.

BSofA04
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Let him crap on his legacy.

xtremesteven33
05-05-2009, 10:27 PM
:td

NewJerSpur
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
No. And fuck you for bringing it up.

And good day to you as well kind sir. :lol

Dude's talking to some coaches or something in connection with the Viking's gig. Honestly, I'd love to see him on the Vikings....would make for one interesting storyline in a division stacked full of them this season. :toast

NewJerSpur
05-05-2009, 11:12 PM
They're already prepping the magazine.....lol

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2690700258_69ab64bc7d.jpg

:lol

Classic.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm officially hoping he gets injured. Preferably while stepping out of his car.

JudynTX
05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Just when Brett Favre looked to finally be out, the Minnesota Vikings could be pulling him back in.

Citing an anonymous source "with direct knowledge of the discussions between the two parties," ESPN reported Tuesday that Favre is scheduled to meet with Vikings coach Brad Childress later this week about a possible comeback with Minnesota.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, did not immediately return a phone call to his Mississippi office left by The Associated Press.

Childress did not immediately return a message. A Vikings spokesman declined to comment on the report.

Both Favre and Cook have said this spring that Favre intends to stay retired. But Favre's statement after he was released by the New York Jets last week left the door open.

"At this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football," he said.

Those three little words - "At this time" — set off rampant speculation that he was indeed considering a second return to action.

Childress said Friday he had been too busy to concentrate on Favre, but did acknowledge the subject would soon be broached.

"We talk about everything," Childress said then, "from what's going on in the United States on the front page today. ... We talk about everything, so yeah, I'm sure we'll talk about that."

It wouldn't be the first time.

Favre spent 16 seasons in Green Bay, retiring in 2008 after leading the Packers to the NFC title game. He changed his mind a few months later, which set up a long and messy soap opera that ultimately led to his trade to the Jets.

It was believed all along that Favre, after hearing Green Bay's plans to go with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, wanted to come to NFC North rival Minnesota so he could exact some revenge on the Packers.

But the Packers would have none of it. The team filed tampering charges against the Vikings, alleging improper contact between Favre and Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a friend of Favre's from his days as Green Bay's quarterbacks coach.

The league cleared the Vikings of all charges. Green Bay included in the trade to New York a clause that made it all but impossible for the Jets to turn around and ship Favre to the Vikings.

But when the Jets granted the 39-year-old Favre his release last week, it made him a free agent who is eligible to sign with any team he chooses. And many experts say the Vikings are a quarterback away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

With unproven veterans Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson slated to duke it out in training camp for the starting job, it would come as no surprise that the Vikings would at least consider adding a three-time MVP who holds the career records in every major statistical passing category, including interceptions.

But the move would not come without questions.

After an impressive start to his first and only season in New York — he threw a career-high six touchdown passes in a win over Arizona in Week 4 — Favre's production dipped considerably over the final five games while he dealt with shoulder and biceps injuries. He threw nine interceptions in that span and the Jets stumbled to a 1-4 finish.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9541032/Report:-Favre-to-meet-with-Vikings'-Childress

Extra Stout
05-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Brett Favre is an attention whore. It's been the same thing with him every year for four or five years. Good things the Packers finally put an end to his nonsense. When he physically can't play anymore, he'll come up with some other silly antics to keep himself in the limelight.

JudynTX
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
lol @ attention whore

He's pulling a Michael Jordan! :lol

jack sommerset
05-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Vikings will win the Super Bowl this year with Captian Farve at the wheel

Obstructed_View
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Vikings will beat the crap out of Green Bay twice this year with Captian Farve at the wheel and then miss the playoffs

Fixed.

Hank the Tank
05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Not again! He's takin over ESPN again...ugh.

samikeyp
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Dude needs to go away, now.

sa_butta
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2008-12/44261656.jpg

peewee's lovechild
05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm so tired of this motherfucker.

I hope he does come back and takes a vicious hit that ensures that he stays out of football for good.

Besides, at this point, Favre throws more INTs than TDs. Tavarias can do that already.

rayray2k8
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Retire already man..
But I think he's an upgrade to Tavaris Jackson anyway.
Viks could go far this year, but it looks like the Bears will fight them
for the division IF favre does come back.
Which he probably will.. -_-

NBA Junkie
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
How is Favre being an attention whore?

The Vikings are pursuing him, not the other way around.

J.T.
05-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired

The Minnesota Vikings will not sign free-agent quarterback Brett Favre(notes), a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

The source said Favre told Vikings coach Brad Childress that he wanted to remain retired in a phone call that took place sometime in the last day. Favre is expected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Favre retired after the 2008 season, which he spent with the New York Jets. There was speculation that the Vikings were interested in bringing in a veteran to compete with Sage Rosenfels, who was acquired this offseason from the Houston Texans. Rosenfels is atop the depth chart heading into training camp, with Tavaris Jackson and John David Booty also on the roster.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
He wants to wait until closer to training camp when he can cause even more of a distraction to as many teams as possible. He's not the lead on ESPN when the hockey and basketball playoffs are going on.

Borosai
05-07-2009, 10:04 PM
True. He'll probably wait until right before pre-season so he can skip the workouts. Nice.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 03:39 AM
it's good to see so many people here are on the same page as me with Favre being an attention whore. Most people I know flip a bitch and act like I'm the anti-christ for saying the guy pulls this bullshit knowing he'll get attention to feed his ego.

This is nothing more than a stunt to get his face on TV, cause as usual a few months without seeing himself on TV and Favre's ego starts to get hungry again and he needs a way to feed it so he'll wait until it's deadseason on ESPN and he'll give an emotional press conference about playing again.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2009, 06:47 AM
it's good to see so many people here are on the same page as me with Favre being an attention whore. Most people I know flip a bitch and act like I'm the anti-christ for saying the guy pulls this bullshit knowing he'll get attention to feed his ego.

There are progressively fewer each year that have the balls to defend Favre, and the ones last year were primarily people who had "Favre4" on their license plates. Even those guys aren't blind to what he's doing now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 10:11 AM
There are progressively fewer each year that have the balls to defend Favre, and the ones last year were primarily people who had "Favre4" on their license plates. Even those guys aren't blind to what he's doing now.

Unfortunately white people fall for this bullshit with several athletes. since they see Favre as the "unathletic white guy that could", they assume he's an ego free teammate who isn't self-centered at all, when really he's one of the most self-centered douches in the sport.

Steve Nash is very similar to this. If a black point guard was interviewed and said he wasn't having fun since the coach was making him play defense, the media would have torn the guy apart, but since Nash is white, he got away with it.

Extra Stout
05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Childress: "Interested in coming back to play?"

Favre: "Well, if you change your offense so you don't run as much and I can..."

Favre: "Wait..."

Favre: "What's this on ESPN about Manny Ramirez?"

Favre: "Wow, that will probably be all the sports media talks about for at least..."

Favre: "Tell you what Brad, I'm still retired for now, maybe I'll call you in a month or so."

Obstructed_View
05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately white people fall for this bullshit with several athletes. since they see Favre as the "unathletic white guy that could", they assume he's an ego free teammate who isn't self-centered at all, when really he's one of the most self-centered douches in the sport.

Steve Nash is very similar to this. If a black point guard was interviewed and said he wasn't having fun since the coach was making him play defense, the media would have torn the guy apart, but since Nash is white, he got away with it.

Sorry, but your post is fucking stupid. Fans have a tendency to support "their guy" and some of the Favre people took his side against the organization, and have been slowly dropping off as his antics have become more and more impossible to defend. It's really that simple. People defend Owens and Kobe and Bowen and Manu and whoever, and race rarely has anything to do with it.

samikeyp
05-08-2009, 08:13 PM

Really? I guess I missed that "all white people gotta do this" memo because I have never really cared for Brett Favre and the whole "aw shucks" act.
Dammit...:depressed

IronMexican
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Let's please stop talking about Favre. I haven't watched SportsCenter or any ESPN show this whole week cause of him.

PixelPusher
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Didn't Favre have his crappiest games in the Metrodome throughout his career? (or was that the Silverdome in DET?)

samikeyp
05-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Didn't Favre have his crappiest games in the Metrodome throughout his career? (or was that the Silverdome in DET?)

Yes it was the Metrodome.

NewJerSpur
05-10-2009, 01:54 AM
So it all comes down to some X-Rays now. This is better than the Soaps, lol. Even if he plays for the Vikings though he'll still retire a Packer and they're going to retire his number eventually.

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
He said he wasn't going to do it. He didn't want to play anymore.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Really? I guess I missed that "all white people gotta do this" memo because I have never really cared for Brett Favre and the whole "aw shucks" act.
Dammit...:depressed

I'm not saying all white people like Favre......I'm white and I've always despised the guy.

But if Brett Favre was black and pulled this stupid stunt every year, don't even try to tell me the common fan would still respect him so much.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Sorry, but your post is fucking stupid. Fans have a tendency to support "their guy" and some of the Favre people took his side against the organization, and have been slowly dropping off as his antics have become more and more impossible to defend. It's really that simple. People defend Owens and Kobe and Bowen and Manu and whoever, and race rarely has anything to do with it.

See you just proved my point.

The average fan will say Kobe and Owens have character and ego issues. For some reason most NFL fans think Favre is a fuckin choir boy, model human being when he isn't. Being white and being a stupid farm boy southern red neck plays a huge role here, just like it does with Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds.

samikeyp
05-10-2009, 08:39 PM

The average fan will say Kobe and Owens have character and ego issues. For some reason most NFL fans think Favre is a fuckin choir boy, model human being when he isn't. Being white and being a stupid farm boy southern red neck plays a huge role here, just like it does with Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds.

Actually I would disagree. IMO the average fan is getting tired of this whole thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Actually I would disagree. IMO the average fan is getting tired of this whole thing.

If he was black they would have gotten tired of it 3 seasons ago and it wouldn't get so much coverage from ESPN.

samikeyp
05-11-2009, 08:20 AM
If he was black they would have gotten tired of it 3 seasons ago and it wouldn't get so much coverage from ESPN.

He started the "should I or should I not retire" thing three seasons ago and some fans didn't like it then either. It's gotten steadily worse. Anyone of his stature would be getting the ESPN overkill treatment.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2009, 08:39 AM

It's really interesting that you put thoughts into other people's heads without a shred of proof to back it up based simply on your own personal biases and then state them as absolute facts. If you want to be a bigot, that's fine, but don't expect a free pass when you do it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
It's really interesting that you put thoughts into other people's heads without a shred of proof to back it up based simply on your own personal biases and then state them as absolute facts. If you want to be a bigot, that's fine, but don't expect a free pass when you do it.

Call me a bigot I don't care. It's great to see people who dislike Favre as much as I do, but I shit you not when I say basically everyone with the exception of a few I know loves this guy and loves hearing about this guy.

If everyone had the opinion of Favre that we did, ESPN wouldn't whore the story as much as they do, they do their homework before giving these Favre stories the attention they do. There are plenty of morons out their that love watching this stuff all day everyday. If there weren't ESPN wouldn't give this story any attention.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Call me a bigot I don't care. It's great to see people who dislike Favre as much as I do, but I shit you not when I say basically everyone with the exception of a few I know loves this guy and loves hearing about this guy.

If everyone had the opinion of Favre that we did, ESPN wouldn't whore the story as much as they do, they do their homework before giving these Favre stories the attention they do. There are plenty of morons out their that love watching this stuff all day everyday. If there weren't ESPN wouldn't give this story any attention.

By that rationale, ESPN loves Kobe and TO and Barry Bonds too. They don't go by what's popular, they try to dictate what's popular to sports fans. My friends that are big time Favre fans have tired of hearing about his "unretiring" because there's no way for him to disguise it as anything other than a call for attention anymore.

NewJerSpur
05-12-2009, 12:00 AM
So the Vikings' upper management is "officially" interested and Brett is throwing around the yard (High School) again breaking some poor kids' fingers with his fastball before they even have a chance to develop, lol. Should the Vikes just let him skip OTA's and work on the arm?

Extra Stout
05-12-2009, 06:45 AM
i hope he plays next year. i like brett favre
Congratulations. DUNCANownsKOBE will be sending you your official White People membership card. Expect it in the mail by Friday.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Congratulations. DUNCANownsKOBE will be sending you your official White People membership card. Expect it in the mail by Friday.

What stupid farmboy southern redneck crackers some people are.

manufan10
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I hope he comes back; I think he can still play. I just wish he'd make up his mind about it already. This back and forth stuff is what really bothers me. Make a decision already!