PDA

View Full Version : What happened last night?

LnGrrrR
05-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Guys, I haven't seen Orlando play much... but is that how they always play? I mean, Dwight not having a low post game besides rebounding, and their horribe offensive strategy of just hoping the 3's fall?

I've got faith that, even though we have no big men to counter Howard, if the C's play decent defense like they did last night, there's a 50/50 chance of us taking the series.

I refuse to believe that a team that mostly relies on 3's will go far in the Finals.

Muser
05-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Howards main offensive game is just getting putbacks, I say Boston in 7.

ElNono
05-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Guys, I haven't seen Orlando play much... but is that how they always play? I mean, Dwight not having a low post game besides rebounding, and their horribe offensive strategy of just hoping the 3's fall?

I've got faith that, even though we have no big men to counter Howard, if the C's play decent defense like they did last night, there's a 50/50 chance of us taking the series.

I refuse to believe that a team that mostly relies on 3's will go far in the Finals.

They actually only shot 30% from downtown... they normally shot better than that. I was surprised the bottom didn't come off at the end for Orlando.
Believe me, Orlando will have better shooting nights than last night. The thing is, probably Ray Ray and Rondo will play better too.
I think all those extra OTs Boston played in the first round are starting to catch up to them.

Armando
05-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Orlando in 6

The Celtics don't have enough to overcome Howard without KG. They could not even handle Noah,Miller or Thomas.

UltimA
05-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Orlando in 6

The Celtics don't have enough to overcome Howard without KG. They could not even handle Noah,Miller or Thomas.Agreed, they may take it in five.

poop
05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Howard is a great rebounder but nothing else, and yes orlando lives and dies by the 3 so no they wont be making the finals.

PDXSpursFan
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Q: What happened last night?

A: Celts lost HCA (that's all that matters ;))

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Howard is a great rebounder but nothing else, and yes orlando lives and dies by the 3 so no they wont be making the finals.
:nope You must have forgotten he is the DPOY. Defense wins championships, poopy.

BUMP
05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Orlando has the tools to win a championship but they dont play through their strentghs on offense which is center the offense around Howard and work from there.

in the words of Bill Walton, going 1on1 and jacking up threes is just not gonna get it done

dirk4mvp
05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
:nope You must have forgotten he is the DPOY. Defense wins championships, poopy.

I find it odd that a spurfan would think Dwight Howard is a great defensive player because he blocks a lot of shots.

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I find it odd that a spurfan would think Dwight Howard is a great defensive player because he blocks a lot of shots.
I'm not saying he's GREAT...but he is definitely really good. Just saying he's a LOT more than just rebounding.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't think he's that great of a defensive player. Look at Thaddeus Young's game winning layup last series. Matt Bonner might've done a better job.

redzero
05-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Dwight has injured four teammates in the past two years. Can you blame the Magic for camping outside the 3-point line?

Budkin
05-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm a Magic fan but they are soft as hell. It still won't surprise me if Boston comes back to win.

anonoftheinternets
05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
this series is orlando's to lose.