PDA

View Full Version : Lakers better progress in a hurry

jmanu20
05-05-2009, 10:01 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9537694/Lakers-better-'progress'-in-a-hurry

After the game, the Lakers — again, with more talent and size than any team in basketball — had taken to criticizing the officiating. "It had a lot to do with the refs," said Bynum.
"There were a lot of questionable calls," said Gasol. For the record, the Laker who shot the most free throws Monday was Lamar Odom. He was 1-for-6.

Funny thing, though. I don't recall Shane Battier complaining about the refs. Early in the first quarter, Bryant tried to punk him with an elbow. Didn't work. A little later, Battier took an inadvertent shot from Vujacic. He returned with four stitches above the left eye and continued to play his brand of excellent defense — always in position, hands in the shooter's face, always on Bryant.

In my opinion, these comments by both Bynum and Gasol, more so Bynum, are deserving of fines. However, because we all know Stern wears a purple and gold jersey under his dress shirt (to go along with his green and white socks), these guys will get to hold on to their cash.

I copy and pasted these excerpts of the article for emphasis. Congrats to Battier and the rest of the Houston Rockets for displaying toughness and just showing the Lakers up on the court instead of resorting to crying about the officiating.

UltimA
05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
If we beat Lakers Game 2 at home again, we win the series.

jmanu20
05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
If we beat Lakers Game 2 at home again, we win the series.

Agreed....although I'm sure that the Rox will have to play a near perfect game for that to happen.

UltimA
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Agreed....although I'm sure that the Rox will have to play a near perfect game for that to happen.We have to play better than we did in Game 1. :toast

ElNono
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Gasol needs to change his tampax, and start playing like a man out there...
And Bynum needs to talk less, stop thinking he's Kareem on offense, and play some D.

I still think the Lakers have this series. But if they're going to start whining about the refs instead of taking a look at what they did wrong, then it's going to be a long series.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
We have to play better than we did in Game 1. :toast

So do the Lakers.