PDA

View Full Version : Ask Pop a Stupid Question ...

Kori Ellis
03-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Here in San Antonio we know Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich. We have a pretty good idea of how to deal with him. Ask a stupid question and the answer is Russian roulette.

One Indiana reporter showed his inexperience Wednesday. The guy actually had the nerve to ask, “Is there ever any… I don’t know the term, maybe guilt, that the superstar – the only time he’s going to be here - doesn’t get to play. Some people, obviously, buy tickets to see Tim Duncan, and he’s not here.”

It’s as if what? Tim's faking it and somehow ripping off Indiana fan?

Let's guess Coach Pop's answer, shall we?

A. You're exactly right! Send the jet for Tim. He's playing tonight!

B. It's unfortunate for the fans, but that's life.

C. That's the dumbest question I've ever heard.

Click Here to see the answer (http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/?videoId=96693,565)

Solid D
03-24-2005, 11:36 AM
If they had asked that question after the game, instead of prior to the game...Pop might not have said anything at all...he might have just left the room mumbling something in Serbian.

PM5K
03-24-2005, 11:56 AM
How is that a stupid question, I am sure he does feel bad when he misses a game, for his teammates, and for the fans that love to see a great player like Tim and who makes the Spurs the best team in the league, but as Pop said....

SPURSCHAMPS
03-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Please post the answer,I can't get into the link.
Thanks!

Rummpd
03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I cannot open either, probably not as bright as CIA Pop I guess.

bigzak25
03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
C?!

gay abc
03-24-2005, 04:26 PM
B

Dex
03-24-2005, 04:36 PM
I guessed C. :( I guess Pop decided to have tact on this one.

Rummpd
03-24-2005, 04:47 PM
More Stupid Questions for Pop:

Did losing the mascot for a game potentially cause your teams slide?

Do you really only own one suit?

You were a Russian Expert. Does that mean you really like Vodka?

Can you chew your team out in Slovenian, French and Spanish?

What does it really take for you to pull out the "soft card"?

Has there ever been a game where two teams scored 200 combined points that you truly liked?

How come San Antonio is called a small market when it has that big market by the Riverwalk, RiverCenter Mall and that other mall with the cowboy boots?

You are called old school. Why?

Are you pulling our leg that this team really practices free throws?

You truly enjoyed coaching the all stars, didn't you?

ShoogarBear
03-24-2005, 05:33 PM
More Stupid Questions for Pop:
How come San Antonio is called a small market when it has that big market by the Riverwalk, RiverCenter Mall and that other mall with the cowboy boots?

Are you pulling our leg that this team really practices free throws?

:lmao

Solid D
03-24-2005, 05:52 PM
:lol Good ones, Rummpd!

Whottt asks Pop:
"Yeah Pop, how come you didn't talk to me, JimCS or timvp before you pulled the trigger on Malik?"

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2005, 06:10 PM
But the all-time winner in this category has to be this question and response during the 2003 Finals (Game 4):

Q: Why not use one of best shooters in this game, Steve Kerr on your bench who did a great job against Dallas?

Popovich: I've got to answer that, right? Because I decided to do something else.

Game 4 Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_spurs_030611.html)

whottt
03-24-2005, 06:23 PM
But the all-time winner in this category has to be this question and response during the 2003 Finals (Game 4):

Q: Why not use one of best shooters in this game, Steve Kerr on your bench who did a great job against Dallas?

Popovich: I've got to answer that, right? Because I decided to do something else.

Game 4 Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_spurs_030611.html)

LMAO...I remember that quote...if anything ever summed up the genius of Pop it was the quotes from that game...

EG...look at what Pop said earlier when explaining the loss:

But shooting was a little bit of a problem.

And this is stupid? :

Why not use one of best shooters in this game, Steve Kerr on your bench who did a great job against Dallas?

Because I decided to do something else.

Damn right he decided to do something else...Choke

Gee...I wonder why we lost that game.

And in case anyone doesn't remember...Kerr was back out there the next game...I assume at the behest of soon to be Free Agent Tim Duncan, who was also that guy that told Pop about Stephen Jackson in the first place...

There's never any reason to question Pop...the man is an offensive genius.

Kori Ellis
03-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't think the question in Indiana was that stupid, but reporters ask Pop A LOT of stupid questions. One time in Pop's opening statement he talked about the Spurs having a lot of unforced turnovers, mental errors, etc.

And then the reporter said, "Can you tell me a little bit about the turnovers?"

So Pop gave him an out, "As I said in the opening, there were a lot of mental mistakes blah blah blah"

Reporter: "So can you talk specifically about the turnovers, particularly the ones in the third quarter?"

Pop: "I don't understand what you are asking. What do you want to know? Which direction the ball bounced out of bounds?" :rolleyes

:lmao

Sometimes when you see the outtakes, you might think Pop is just being a jerk but his sarcasm usually comes when reporters aren't listening to what he says in the opening and then ask something repetitive or dumb. Most reporters aren't listening because they are standing there repeating their own preplanned questions in their head over and over so they don't mess up.

It's a funny cycle. Sometimes I have to turn my head away from looking at Pop so I don't laugh.

SequSpur
03-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Pop is nothing without Duncan. Tell him I said that and if you'd like, give him my phone number and lets see how stupid he can get with me.

Solid D
03-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Pop is nothing without Duncan. Tell him I said that and if you'd like, give him my phone number and lets see how stupid he can get with me.

All because Pop wouldn't autograph your arm that one time. :(

ALVAREZ6
03-24-2005, 08:09 PM
c

T Park
03-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Tell him I said that and if you'd like, give him my phone number and lets see how stupid he can get with me.

Youd look up at him and say that???

Give me a break.

Your the biggest chickenshit Ive ever known.

Well Whottt, I guess, you should take over coach since you know soo much more right??

Classic.

Now Whottt, is Kori a pop sucker for saying he gets asked dumb questions???

whottt
03-25-2005, 12:21 AM
What's a matter? You saw my gentlemanly coduct towards Kori over the Barry thing and now you think you can hide behind her skirt? Wrong.

Do you see Kori jumping all over my ass for me pointing out something stupid that Pop has done? In fact do you see anyone other than yourself doing that?

Answer that question and you'll know what makes you a Pop Sucker of rare caliber...

And no...Pop does get asked stupid questions...that question by the Indy reporter was a stupid question..but that doesn't change the fact that he was stupid about using Steve Kerr more often when were choking leads...IOW, sometimes he gives stupid answers to smart questions.

And finally I've got a long list of things I have been right about that the Spurs have been stupid about....I don't even have to look beyond 2 weeks to find something...I can go dig up a Malik trade thread from before Duncan was injured where I am pointing out how this team will be screwed with Nazr if Duncan gets injured. Does this mean I could do a better job? Well yes it does frankly...but even if I couldn't...that doesn't mean they don't make mistakes...obvious ones sometimes.

baseline bum
03-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Can someone tell WOAI to stick Windows Media Player up their culaso? Not everyone runs Bill's piece of shit OS.