PDA

View Full Version : A question for President Obama

Yonivore
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Why?

l7FS5B-CynM

ChumpDumper
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
So who chooses which kids will actually get school choice?

jack sommerset
05-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Obama doesn't like black people.

FaithInOne
05-05-2009, 05:07 PM
2:25 explains why

George Gervin's Afro
05-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Why?

l7FS5B-CynM

Of course this is a legtimate uestion however you won't accept his response. You have already figured out why he made the decision without hearing his reasoning first. It's the Obama hater MO

Yonivore
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Of course this is a legtimate uestion however you won't accept his response. You have already figured out why he made the decision without hearing his reasoning first. It's the Obama hater MO
No, I don't know his reasoning. Do enlighten me.

George Gervin's Afro
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
No, I don't know his reasoning. Do enlighten me.

Why do I have the feeling that once his intetnions are made public you won't believe him..

FaithInOne
05-05-2009, 07:54 PM
He's not Bush™, what's not to believe? He's different™

Yonivore
05-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Why do I have the feeling that once his intetnions are made public you won't believe him..
Oh, you mean he hasn't explained this yet?

Wow, even more insensitive than I thought...this guy's a real bully, ain't he?

George Gervin's Afro
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh, you mean he hasn't explained this yet?

Wow, even more insensitive than I thought...this guy's a real bully, ain't he?

:rolleyes

Yonivore
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
:rolleyes
Seriously, I thought you knew.

I think he owes the D.C. mom an answer to her question.

Wild Cobra
05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Why?

It's simple. When you give a disadvantage group of people the opportunity to better themselves, who want to... The do!

Democrats are going to lose voters to such programs, because people who don't need government once they are the working class, are not beholden to democrats.

Anyone have statistics of how many poor people vote democrat vs. republican? How about middle class democrats to republican. When you make poor people into the middle class, democrat voters are lost!

ChumpDumper
05-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Oh, Gee!!
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
It's simple. When you give a disadvantage group of people the opportunity to better themselves, who want to... The do!

are you having a stroke? wtf was that?

Winehole23
05-06-2009, 09:13 AM
insert a "y" at the end of "The"

Barry O'Bama
05-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Why? Why you ask, man all I've got to do is raise some taxes throw that money into some failing schools and send my kids to the schools of our choice. Now leave me alone, I have to go take over some other industry.

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Who chooses who gets any government handout?

But, this is one that actually saves money. The scholarships cost half of what it costs to send the same child to public school for a year.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Who chooses who gets any government handout?

But, this is one that actually saves money. The scholarships cost half of what it costs to send the same child to public school for a year.Which kids?

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Which kids?
The one's receiving the scholarships.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 11:57 PM
And who decides which kids get scholarships?

Yonivore
05-07-2009, 12:01 AM
And who decides which kids get scholarships?
The government.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Really?

You're ok with "the government" making that determination?

Yonivore
05-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Really?

You're ok with "the government" making that determination?
Nope. I'm opposed to government handouts.

I'm just saying the woman deserves an answer.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Apparently, it is being proposed that the students already in the program will be allowed to receive vouchers until they finish high school.

So there's her answer.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-07-2009, 12:20 AM
No response from the president yet, I see. What a fucking coward.

Yonivore
05-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Apparently, it is being proposed that the students already in the program will be allowed to receive vouchers until they finish high school.

So there's her answer.
That wasn't the administration's first word on the matter but, it is a compromise..

Still...

D.C. Families Fight for School Choice [Dan Lips]

This afternoon, more than 1,000 students, parents, and concerned citizens gathered across from city hall to rally in support of the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship program. A number of prominent D.C. leaders spoke, including former mayor Anthony Williams and former councilmember Kevin Chavous. But the most moving speeches were from the parents and students participating in the scholarship program. High-school student Carlos Battle spoke about how he was personally working to redefine the image of the black teen in Washington, D.C. — and how the Opportunity Scholarship program was giving him a chance to fulfill his dream. A father of a scholarship student pointed out the hypocrisy of Congress bailing out failing corporations but taking scholarships away from D.C. students.

http://www2.nationalreview.com/dest/2009/05/06/descriptiondscf0159.jpg

The rally was held on Pennsylvania Avenue across the street from the D.C. City Council. The gathering was focused on encouraging D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty and the City Council to join the fight for continuing the scholarship program. Of course, parents and students also were hoping that their voices were heard two blocks away at the White House.

The Obama administration has promised to “fund what works” in education. But so far they have stood by quietly — allowing liberals on Capitol Hill to end the scholarship program. A few weeks ago, after a new report was released showing that D.C. Opportunity Scholarship program was improving students’ reading scores, Secretary Arne Duncan’s Department of Education sent letters to D.C. parents informing them that their children were no longer eligible for scholarships. These families, who recently applied to enter the program, had recently been told that their students had received a scholarship.

But the Washington Post reports that the administration will now call for the scholarship program to be continued for students who are currently participating. If this happens, it will avoid the p.r. disaster of seeing disadvantaged children, including two of the Obama children’s classmates, pulled from their private schools. But it will deny current and future D.C. families the same power that President Obama and Secretary Duncan take for granted.

If the purpose is to “fund what works,” why shouldn’t more kids be given the opportunity to participate in a program that has proven to improve the reading achievement of disadvantaged kids? To paraphrase Virginia Walden Ford of D.C. Parents for School Choice at today’s rally, we shouldn’t be satisfied until all families — regardless of background — can choose a quality school for their children.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Still what?

Yonivore
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Still what?
Looks like people still want answers...

I'm betting they're more Obama voters getting screwed by their President.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Too bad that happened before this latest offer was made.

Barry O'Bama
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
After reviewing the polls, I have decided to let the 1,700 children taking advantage of school vouchers in DC to continue to attend the schools of their parents choice.

Everyone else can go to public schools "with the exception of my children of course".

Wild Cobra
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
No response from the president yet, I see. What a fucking coward.
They haven't done enough polling or had enough public opinion on the question yet. Wait for the results, and we'll get an answer.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
WC, you're being impressively dense. I posted the response last night.