For lakers:

Kobe has to attack the basket and draw fouls
Gasol has to change out of his skirt into some pants, and MAN THE FUCK UP
Derek Fisher should have no part in guarding brooks
Convert fastbreak opportunities
Kobe trust his teammates
Bynum stays out of foul trouble
Odom doesn't keep brickin'
Increase defensive intensity (crowd was silent for most of the game)
Ariza drives to the basket
Fisher not airballin

For Rockets:

Keep playing inside/outside when feeding the ball to Yao
Artest keeps playing within the offense
Don't EVER defer to Artest with the clock running down
Scola has to be confident when taking his shots
Wafer cannot get caught up in the hype, and just play his game
Battier has to start knocking down threes
Brooks keeps playing with confidence
Lowry keeps driving to the basket, and push the ball down the court on fast breaks
Landry has to step up his game
Barry knocks down treys
Make Kobe a scorer, while continuing to shut down his teammates

Banzai
05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
For lakers:

Kobe has to attack the basket and draw fouls
Gasol has to change out of his skirt into some pants, and MAN THE FUCK UP
Derek Fisher should have no part in guarding brooks
Convert fastbreak opportunities
Kobe trust his teammates
Bynum stays out of foul trouble
Odom doesn't keep brickin'
Increase defensive intensity (crowd was silent for most of the game)
Ariza drives to the basket
Fisher not airballin

For Rockets:

Keep playing inside/outside when feeding the ball to Yao
Artest keeps playing within the offense
Don't EVER defer to Artest with the clock running down
Scola has to be confident when taking his shots
Wafer cannot get caught up in the hype, and just play his game
Battier has to start knocking down threes
Brooks keeps playing with confidence
Lowry keeps driving to the basket, and push the ball down the court on fast breaks
Landry has to step up his game
Barry knocks down treys
Make Kobe a scorer, while continuing to shut down his teammates

:toast as a Laker fan I'm hoping the Lakers come out better than they did in game 1. I'm sure Rocket fans are hoping the same for their team as well.:toast

Artest93
05-05-2009, 05:57 PM
:toast

DAF86
05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
...fags...

KSeal
05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Well this is very positive for the Lakers cause practically everything on the Rockets list was to KEEP doing so and so where as the Lakers actually have tons of things they can do better from here on out and still almost won game one. Rockets played an almost perfect game, Lakers sucked, we'll see what happens from here on out.

sook
05-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Psshh why would we care about this series? Its clear that the dallas mavericks will take out whoever wins here.

IronMexican
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
The Lakers have to make their shots.

DAF86
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Well this is very positive for the Lakers cause practically everything on the Rockets list was to KEEP doing so and so where as the Lakers actually have tons of things they can do better from here on out and still almost won game one. Rockets played an almost perfect game, Lakers sucked, we'll see what happens from here on out.

If you call that a perfect game... Rockets played horrible on offense, they made a bunch of silly turnovers and many players (Scola, Wafer, Battier, Landry and Barry) didn't play as well as they usually do at that end.

lefty
05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Actually, I'm looking forward to both teams to play worse

If Lakers play worse, they are in trouble, because Rockets can't play worse that that

What the hell did I just type ?

Lars
05-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I cant beleive you didnt put "front Yao" on the Lakers list.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I cant beleive you didnt put "front Yao" on the Lakers list.

I can't remember..but has Phil Jackson ever had the Lakers front Yao? If so what do you think is the reason he hasn't already?

Artest93
05-05-2009, 06:37 PM
If they front Yao, all rockets have to do is swing the ball around, and somebody cut to the basket

ducks
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
bryam needs to come off the bench for lakers
that will help keep out of foul trouble
and he can see how the refs are calling the game
odom also would play better

iggypop123
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
avoid foul troulble on bynum and kobe force the ball into the paint to make refs give you a call. they cant swallow that long

Banzai
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
avoid foul troulble on bynum and kobe force the ball into the paint to make refs give you a call. they cant swallow that long

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/jizz.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2177)

Capt Bringdown
05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
The playoffs are all about matchups, and the Rockets present some challenges in that dept for the Lakers, probably moreso than any other team in the league.
Hence all the nervous chatter from Laker fans about how the Lakers played like shit in the last game, giving little credit to the Rockets for the victory.

The Lakers might be in trouble if their point guards don't step up. For years Derek Fischer has been able to play over his ability in the playoffs, I'll give him that. But at some point, that's gotta change.

sook
05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
how much does bynum get paid?

daslicer
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
The Lakers might be in trouble if their point guards don't step up. For years Derek Fischer has been able to play over his ability in the playoffs, I'll give him that. But at some point, that's gotta change.

Its funny Phill Jackson man love for Derek Fisher kind of reminds me of Pop's love for Michael Finley. There is no way Jackson will take him out of line up even when he's sucking ass.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
how much does bynum get paid?

08/09=$2,769,300------09/10=$12,526,998 all for playing great for awhile and then..injured.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
If the Rockets presented such great matchups problems for LAL they would not have gone 0-4 in the regular season.

People are taking too much away from 1 game. You really don't know the nature of a series until Game 3-4.

The Lakers played a REALLY bad game. I mean that was as horrible as I've seen them play in a long time. And they still were in the game until the end. That tells me thus far that this is still the Laker's series to lose, despite losing HCA.