PDA

View Full Version : Bibby Possibly A Laker

hhml
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I have been very busy therefore haven't made many posts over the last 10 months but if you recall I dropped the Kidd and JO information while it was brewing... I have been informed that Bibby wants to join the Lakers next year (MLE) and his people have already reached out to our staff and the feelings are mutual... He wants to make a run at a championship with Kobe & Company... Farmar will be traded for a draft pick (apparently New Orleans and Miami are the frontrunners) given PJ's stance... PJ doesn't like the way Farmar "shoots first" and "passes second" and has a predisposition for veteran palyers...

On another note, I tried to get a read on LO and all I get is that Buss will try to keep the team together if they "win" but the general consensus is that LO will not return given salary CAP issues... Kobe will take $20 million over 5 years... Our lineup in '09 will be as follows:

PG: Bibby (6'1") & D Fish (6'2")
SG: Kobe (6'6") & Brown (6'4")
SF: Ariza (6'7") & Walton (6'8")
PF: Gasol (7'0") & Powell (6'9")
C: Bynum (7'1") & DJ (6'11")

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=902774

I hate it if we lose LO and things aren't looking good, especially if Lakers don't win this year. On the other hand, Bibby would be an upgrade over Fisher and is a very good fit in the triangle.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Bibby's nice, but he doesn't help the defense in guarding quick players like Brooks.

hhml
05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, our biggest weakness has always been that pg spot. But Bibby can at least make guards work on the other side of the ball.

turiaf for president
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
sounds like a strong possibility that it could happen.

JamStone
Yeah, Bibby fits on offense but not defensively. Phil has always liked bigger point guards. And, where does that leave Fish? It doesn't seem like he's the type of change-of-pace PG that would thrive in a back-up role. Maybe Phil doesn't come back to coach though. And if the Lakers lose Odom, they would be really weak in the front court off the bench.

IronMexican
Not what the Lakers need. Bibby is nice on O, but struggles about as badly on D as Fish.

rayray2k8
05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Wonder how King fans would feel about this?
Mini me as a laker.. Would you consider that.. Evil?
XD

DPG21920
05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Wait, is this saying Kobe will restructure his deal and take 4M per year?

icem
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
bibby is slow as hell... shannon brown is better (serious)

Fillmoe
05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
PJ doesnt want a shoot first point guard yet they want mike bibby.... hmm... WHAT THE FUCK?

UltimA
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I doubt he'll be a Laker, I've always liked Fisher anyway.

iggypop123
05-05-2009, 11:59 PM
can never trust realgm as a source

DPG21920
05-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Kobe will take $20 million over 5 years.

???

Ditty
05-06-2009, 12:31 AM
ariza and odom will walk and lakers will go back to the 2005-2007 days

angelbelow
05-06-2009, 12:37 AM
i think he means kobe will make 20 per year for 5 years,

Yuushi12
05-06-2009, 02:37 AM

haha. i can see this coming if they don't win the title this year. but if bibby signs with them and no one leaves, they will be sick. bibby is a nice fit for the team

05-06-2009, 02:45 AM
bibby on the lakers? wtf. this would confuse the hell out of the refs. everytime kobe fist bumps bibby, bibby will be called for a foul.

KSeal
05-06-2009, 02:47 AM

Not going to happen, they'll sign one of them for sure, they can definitely afford one and they both want to be back in LA. Trevor is from LA went to UCLA, was a huge Laker fan growing up, he wants to stay no doubt. Lamar has said time and time again he would take a pay cut to remain a Laker, so clearly they both want to be here it's just a matter of the Lakers choosing one or finding a way to afford both. I think they let LO walk and resign Ariza. If the Lakers don't win the title this year they should trade Gasol for some young talent and draft picks then resign LO and Ariza and build around some of their young players who will commit to team ball and defense. That's what I'd love to see at least. Oh yeah, and trade Kobe for Kevin Durant :lol I wish

05-06-2009, 03:07 AM
where would the lakers get the money to sign bibby for the MLE? lakers will be at $74 million next year without signing any free agents. dumping farmar brings in $2 million. resigning brown, powell, and mbenga would cost $3 million at the least, putting the lakers at $75 million. bibby adds $6 million and resigning ariza for $4 million puts them at $85 million. adding one or two more contracts to make a roster of 15 and adding luxury tax would put that figure reaching $100 million. and all the lakers are doing is replacing odom with bibby. odom is much more valuable than that.

lakers should be finding a way to dump bynum's contract instead of pursuing another 3 pt shooting point guard to replace their old 3 pt shooting point guard.

Def Rowe
05-06-2009, 03:09 AM
If Bibby wants to come to the Lakers for 6 mil than they'll find a way to make that happen. I hope it's true. Bibby is a good shooter.

RsxPiimp
05-06-2009, 03:14 AM
terrible fit. another pg with a shoot first mentality that plays no defense.

KSeal
05-06-2009, 03:15 AM
FUCK Bibby, I want him nowhere near the Lakers. Just resign Brown, the dude plays D and has improved his shot a lot, he's a really good fit imo.

RsxPiimp
05-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Resign Brown,Ariza and Odom. Thats it.

ginobili's bald spot
05-06-2009, 03:29 AM
So we are taking this seriously? Random posters on RealGm not only know what the lakers front offices plans are, but they can tell the future and know if it's going to happen or not? Amazing.

21_Blessings
05-06-2009, 03:31 AM
If the Lakers don't win the title this year they should trade Gasol for some young talent and draft picks then resign LO and Ariza and build around some of their young players who will commit to team ball and defense. That's what I'd love to see at least. Oh yeah, and trade Kobe for Kevin Durant :lol I wish

Yeah resign LO and trade Gasol and Kobe.

You're the dumbest Lakers fan that ever existed.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Not going to happen, they'll sign one of them for sure, they can definitely afford one and they both want to be back in LA. Trevor is from LA went to UCLA, was a huge Laker fan growing up, he wants to stay no doubt. Lamar has said time and time again he would take a pay cut to remain a Laker, so clearly they both want to be here it's just a matter of the Lakers choosing one or finding a way to afford both. I think they let LO walk and resign Ariza. If the Lakers don't win the title this year they should trade Gasol for some young talent and draft picks then resign LO and Ariza and build around some of their young players who will commit to team ball and defense. That's what I'd love to see at least. Oh yeah, and trade Kobe for Kevin Durant :lol I wish
you are fucking delusional. Kevin Durant's stats of this season is even more outstanding that Kobe's and Kevin is younger than Kobe by nearly a decade, Why should our Thunders trade the future Lable of NBA for a rapist that has already passed the major time of his career? Thunders GM isn't an idiot like you so I don't think the Lakers can ever make this deal done.