PDA

View Full Version : This is what the Mavs get for trusting in Josh Howard

monosylab1k
05-05-2009, 10:41 PM
How good would Gerald Wallace look right now? John Salmons? and holy hell, Ron Artest?

But no, we're now stuck without the most unreliable guy in the NBA, who the Mavs stupidly decided to rely on all year as an X-factor.

Fuck you Donnie Nelson, Fuck you Mark Cuban.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Josh Howard for Gay Mayo coming this summer.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Josh was big v Spurs and after the All Star break.

monosylab1k
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM

And he's been hurt all year and currently isn't helping for jack shit.

monosylab1k
05-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Meanwhile, Ron Artest is leading the charge towards a Rockets series upset over the Lakers.

Allanon
At least Cuban got you guys the 2006 NBA championship.

DPG21920

:lmao

monosylab1k
At least Cuban got you guys the 2006 NBA championship.

Too bad Lamar Odom couldn't help out with 75 win ecstasy.

Allanon
05-05-2009, 10:49 PM

There's always next year.

timvp
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I would appreciate it if Josh Howard weren't racist and decided to only play like LeBron James against the Spurs. Stop racial profiling and spread out those LeBron James games throughout the season and not just against one opponent.

Thanks.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
And he's been hurt all year and currently isn't helping for jack shit.

lol @ hating on a guy for being hurt.

monosylab1k
05-05-2009, 10:53 PM

Answer this for me - The Mavs could have traded Josh Howard for Ron Artest straight up. They passed. Did they make the right decision or not?

Hint: There's a right answer and a wrong one.

scanry
05-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Allanon did have that ecstasy. It was pretty funny reading his posts earlier this year... :lol

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Answer this for me - The Mavs could have traded Josh Howard for Ron Artest straight up. They passed. Did they make the right decision or not?

Lateral fucking move :bking:bking:bking

coldsweat
05-06-2009, 12:24 AM

believe me, artest isn't exactly the smartest player, the mavs could obtain better?

cash459
05-06-2009, 12:28 AM

i know there are spurs fans upset at Manu for being hurt.......

monosylab1k
05-06-2009, 12:52 AM
believe me, artest isn't exactly the smartest player, the mavs could obtain better?

Josh Howard's not getting accepted into Mensa anytime soon either. At least Artest plays hard all the time and isn't constantly hurt.

Budkin
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Hey at least he help you beat the Spurs. He's good for something.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Josh Howard for Gay Mayo coming this summer.
I would dream about trading Josh Howard for Kevin Durant and Jeff Green if I were you, of course that will never happen. I would trade Durant himself for 10 players earning minimum while playing at the same level as Josh Howard.

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2009, 04:42 AM
How good would Gerald Wallace look right now? John Salmons? and holy hell, Ron Artest?

But no, we're now stuck without the most unreliable guy in the NBA, who the Mavs stupidly decided to rely on all year as an X-factor.

Fuck you Donnie Nelson, Fuck you Mark Cuban.

I don't like Josh Howard's character issues, but he is one hell of a player.

I think that it would be a major mistake to trade him.

You have some terrific pieces: Dirk, Jason Terry, Josh Howard and Jason Kidd. You have Bass and Barea off the bench. I guess you are just missing some minor piece.

But, truth is, those are some great players. With those players, you should be an elite team.

Denver is a lot better because of Chauncey. And they had an excellent regular season giving them confidence. Plus, Nene is now healthy. Combine that with Carmelo, J.R. Smith, and Chris Anderson as well as Anthony Johnson and the improved Nuggets defense and you can see why these Nuggets are so much better than in previous years.

So, losing to the Nuggets now doesn't mean what it would have meant in the past. Now, you are losing to one of the best teams in the NBA on their home court. And that happens to a lot of good teams.

:toast

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 04:51 AM
I don't like Josh Howard's character issues, but he is one hell of a player.

I think that it would be a major mistake to trade him.

You have some terrific pieces: Dirk, Jason Terry, Josh Howard and Jason Kidd. You have Bass and Barea off the bench. I guess you are just missing some minor piece.

But, truth is, those are some great players. With those players, you should be an elite team.

Denver is a lot better because of Chauncey. And they had an excellent regular season giving them confidence. Plus, Nene is now healthy. Combine that with Carmelo, J.R. Smith, and Chris Anderson as well as Anthony Johnson and the improved Nuggets defense and you can see why these Nuggets are so much better than in previous years.

So, losing to the Nuggets now doesn't mean what it would have meant in the past. Now, you are losing to one of the best teams in the NBA on their home court. And that happens to a lot of good teams.

:toast
You are BUSTED, everyone knows you are just an imposter impersonating mavs>spurs. You have the rights to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2009, 05:00 AM
You are BUSTED, everyone knows you are just an imposter impersonating mavs>spurs. You have the rights to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

:nope

I am not Mavs > Spurs (Mavs greater than Spurs).

I am Mavs < Spurs (Mavs less than Spurs).

Unfortunately, my name is no longer true. But I am a Spurs fan forever.

Is it because I am sometimes outspoken against the Mavericks (because I hate them-- Jason Terry (low blow), Josh Howard (punk - remember what he did to Ryan Bowen- moving over while dribbling the ball, forcing the contact, and then bowing up to him and standing over him))?

I'm still no fan of the Mavericks and will probably continue to speak badly about them. But I can still be nice to decent Mavs Fans.

:ihit

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 05:06 AM

:nope

I am not Mavs > Spurs (Mavs greater than Spurs).

I am Mavs < Spurs (Mavs less than Spurs).

Unfortunately, my name is no longer true. But I am a Spurs fan forever.

Is it because I am sometimes outspoken against the Mavericks (because I hate them-- Jason Terry (low blow), Josh Howard (punk - remember what he did to Ryan Bowen- moving over while dribbling the ball, forcing the contact, and then bowing up to him and standing over him))?

I'm still no fan of the Mavericks and will probably continue to speak badly about them. But I can still be nice to decent Mavs Fans.

:ihit
I'm a Thunders fan and I also hate those nutless sissy Mavericks, but it's true there are some decent Mavs fans deserving our respect. Josh Howard is addicted to marijuana, Dampier is an useless piece of crap... Some of the Mavs are just disgusting as Devean George, their fans are very kind persons though.

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm a Thunders fan and I also hate those nutless sissy Mavericks, but it's true there are some decent Mavs fans deserving our respect. Josh Howard is addicted to marijuana, Dampier is an useless piece of crap... Some of the Mavs are just disgusting as Devean George, their fans are very kind persons though.

monosyllabic is pretty cool most of the time.

Josh Howard is addicted to marijuana, Dampier is pretty useless.

Some Mavs fans -- well, I won't go there.

:flag:

sonic21
05-06-2009, 05:28 AM
josh howard is only good against the spurs

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 05:37 AM
monosyllabic is pretty cool most of the time.

Josh Howard is addicted to marijuana, Dampier is pretty useless.

Some Mavs fans -- well, I won't go there.

:flag:
Lets make it clear bro, I'm a life-long Thunders fan.

Brickhouse
05-06-2009, 06:37 AM

true words.

The dude is made of glass too and he's only getting older and more jump shooting happy.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 06:45 AM
true words.

The dude is made of glass too and he's only getting older and more jump shooting happy.
everyone is getting older, and their athleticism also regress as the time elapses. The future belongs to the young players like Kevin Durant and the other players on Thunders team.

florige
05-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Meanwhile, Ron Artest is leading the charge towards a Rockets series upset over the Lakers.

I agree with what you guys did. There was no way to know which Artest you were going to get. And at the time it was the right call.

sribb43
05-06-2009, 08:16 AM
J-Ho + Damp + Stack..all expiring contracts better bring some nice pieces back in the offseason. There is no reason why any of those guys should be on the Mavs roster in the '09-10 season

ElNono
05-06-2009, 08:16 AM

One trick pony?

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
How good would Gerald Wallace look right now?

Really good, mono, really good.

Findog
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Was Wallace ever offered to the Mavs for Josh Howard?

kamikazi_player
12-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Really good, mono, really good.

Hell the spurs could use him as well.
RJ for G Wall straight up

IronMexican
12-07-2009, 01:59 AM
mono, it could be worse. You could have dick on you're team. Wallace is better and makes about half as much.

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Was Wallace ever offered to the Mavs for Josh Howard?

He was certainly available to be had, and the thinking around the NBA was that a Josh for Wallace trade would be something Charlotte would entertain.

Of course, Josh Howard is part of our Big 3 so Donnie/Cuban consider him untouchable. That's the whole problem right there. It's not that a Wallace for Josh trade was ever a real offer, it's that even if there was a Wallace for Josh trade on the table, the Mavs FO wouldn't have even considered it.

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Plus the fact that for almost two years now I've been screaming for Josh to be traded, especially for Wallace, and 90% of the Mavs fans here have been telling me it's a "lateral move".

Lateral move my freaking ass.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Wallace is no more a cure-all than Howard is. Wallace teases and then goes into Casper mode. He's brittle (in game). He'll make you just as sorry as Howard.

Findog
12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
He was certainly available to be had, and the thinking around the NBA was that a Josh for Wallace trade would be something Charlotte would entertain.

Of course, Josh Howard is part of our Big 3 so Donnie/Cuban consider him untouchable. That's the whole problem right there. It's not that a Wallace for Josh trade was ever a real offer, it's that even if there was a Wallace for Josh trade on the table, the Mavs FO wouldn't have even considered it.

All of that is conjecture that Wallace for Howard was a possibility. Two years ago Gerald Wallace was considered to have a career-threatening injury with all of his concussions, and Howard was considered the better player. You can't fault the Mavs for lack of 20/20 hindsight.

Ghazi
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
lateral move

ElNono
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
lateral move

:lol

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 10:28 AM
All of that is conjecture that Wallace for Howard was a possibility. Two years ago Gerald Wallace was considered to have a career-threatening injury with all of his concussions, and Howard was considered the better player. You can't fault the Mavs for lack of 20/20 hindsight.

Like I said, the problem isn't that they would have passed on Gerald Wallace. The problem is that they valued Josh so highly that he was virtually untouchable. They wouldn't even entertain a trade offer, assuring all Mavs fans that the "old Josh" was back and that we could all depend on him. Which has been completely false.

MavDynasty
12-07-2009, 11:05 AM
fuck u bitchass pussy cunts shit hole ass bastard fuckers

Spursmania
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
i would appreciate it if josh howard weren't racist and decided to only play like lebron james against the spurs. Stop racial profiling and spread out those lebron james games throughout the season and not just against one opponent.

Thanks.

+1

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I'd rather have someome playing 80 or at least a caliber of 70 games a season rather than an injury prone lazyass who's develop constant injuries and regularly misses half of the total games consequently, that's also the reason why the Harris/Kidd swap hasn't ever been considered a bad move for Mavs.

Yes, Wallace will play the "80 or so"---but, he'll crash during games after he's accomplished something extraordinary (you can't get him upright again---like's he's afraid to finish it). Wallace is as leaky a vessel as Howard.

Findog
12-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Like I said, the problem isn't that they would have passed on Gerald Wallace. The problem is that they valued Josh so highly that he was virtually untouchable. They wouldn't even entertain a trade offer, assuring all Mavs fans that the "old Josh" was back and that we could all depend on him. Which has been completely false.

When should they have known to give up on him completely? At the end of the 07/08 season, when he played the best ball of his career in the first half, then got hurt in the second half and didn't mesh with Kidd after coming back from his injury? Or at the end of the 08/09 season, when it looked like he was finally back to his old self after they brought Darrell Armstrong back in? And he promptly got ankle surgery right after the season ended, like you would want your player to do? It's easy to say now that they should've traded Howard back when they had the chance, but at what point should it have become obvious that it was time to cut their losses and move on?

His trade value was at its peak in December of 2007 when he was playing the best ball of his career and we were getting "Is it Dirk team's or Josh's team?" threads. Who would've advocated trading him then? His value plummeted from the spring of 08 to winter of 08 when the Mavs felt he was hobbled by injuries and attitude problems that other teams were aware of and didn't want to dump him for pennies on the dollar. He has in effect an expiring contract and can still be shopped. But I don't understand this 20/20 hindsight that you think the Mavs should've possessed.

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 01:08 PM
His value plummeted from the spring of 08 to winter of 08 when the Mavs felt he was hobbled by injuries and attitude problems that other teams were aware of and didn't want to dump him for pennies on the dollar.

Pennies on the dollar? In legit trade offers and other trade speculations that most people in or around the NBA thought were fair moves, the trades were hardly pennies on the dollar. There was a confirmed Artest for Josh offer. There was always rumored Redd for Josh offers (obviously with Redd's injury history that's a lateral move at best, but we're talking caliber of player being offered in exchange for Josh). And the rumored Josh for G-Force trades.

Hardly pennies on the dollar. But the Mavs front office didn't even bother looking into the idea of trading Josh Howard. THAT is the problem.

Findog
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM
There was a confirmed Artest for Josh offer.

I'll pass. The Lakers are the only team he'll play hard and smart for.

Hardly pennies on the dollar. But the Mavs front office didn't even bother looking into the idea of trading Josh Howard. THAT is the problem.

How do you know that they didn't even consider moving Howard, or his name never was a part of trade discussions?

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM
How do you know that they didn't even consider moving Howard, or his name never was a part of trade discussions?

They basically said as much. Are you really going to pretend they didn't?

Findog
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
They basically said as much. Are you really going to pretend they didn't?

Mark Cuban also told a reporter to "step away from his crackpipe" when it was suggested that they were on the verge of trading Harris for Kidd, and that "they loved their team." When am I supposed to take what they say at face value, and when am I supposed to read the tea leaves?

monosylab1k
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I just really don't get Cuban. He displays a blind loyalty like no other NBA owner/co-GM I've ever seen, but then in an instant, almost at random, he will do a complete 180 on guys.

Wait for Josh to be completely worthless in a year, then finally get dumped by Cuban with a nice toss right under the bus too.

Findog
12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Josh has a team option for next year. I bet he and Damp together could fetch quite a bit. And since whoever Damp goes to would almost certainly not pick up the option he is owed for next year, there's talk Dampier could boomerang back to the Mavs Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry-style. I like Damp for a lot less than what he's making now. Bigs that can defend are valuable commodities.

lefty
12-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I would appreciate it if Josh Howard weren't racist and decided to only play like LeBron James against the Spurs. Stop racial profiling and spread out those LeBron James games throughout the season and not just against one opponent.

Thanks.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
A healthy Howard though transcends the Mavs, completes them beautifully. He ripples thru the starting five and down thru the bench.

mavs>spurs2
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
da bud smokin ho

mogrovejo
12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Howard + Dampier expiring contract + Gooden partially guaranteed contract =

enough quality to make the Mavs a legit contender?

I think the Mavs should have started rebuilding in the Summer of '08, but if they didn't go that way, they may as well try to do something with their assets this season.

Ghazi
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
WE probably shoulda traded Josh after the '08 playoffs... such a blatant quit job

After his pleasant end to '09 though I thought there was a chanc ehe'd turn it around this year... but the fuckers always hurt! :(

Yet at the end of the day, j-Ho seems to lack the wherewithal necessary to be a key component to a championship team... his inability to make a FT in Game 5 of the '06 Finals, ultimately paving the way for Salvatore to rob us of the Finals, his "wtf" dumb brain farts here and there, the fact that its a shock when he makes a positive play in the 4th quarter of games, and the '08 playoffs quit job...

Then again, neither does Gerald Wallace

Then again, some people may have said the same about Lamar Odom prior to the '09 title for the LAke show.

WE'll see!

BTW does anyone actually see the DUST CHIP materializing? it almost seems too good to be true... I thought Buck would turn into a nice rotational piece but nothing became of that. I'm not gettin my hopes up.

picc84
12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I actually wanted to trade Odom for Wallace last year.

Now i'm thinking we'll just ship out Luke.