PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Well a lot of similar storylines to Game 1 in this game. Nene dominant, close game for 3 quarters, missed shots/turnovers in 4th resulting in snowball effect.

Dirk had a great game though.

Terry hit a few shots, but he made too many defensive blunders and turnovers for me to say he had a good game

J-Ho was in lazy jump shooter mode in his limited action.

I dunno how many turnovers Kidd tonight, but it felt like a lot again. He didn't make as big an imprint on the game as I would like.

The role players were decent tonight.

The athletic disparity is glaringly noticeable.

Honestly it may seem like denial but these games just don't feel like absolute "blowouts", even though nuggets control tempo/paint whole game. The games , both of them, have been close for 3 quarters untilt he snowball effect from mavs missed shots/turnovers in 4th. Gotta avoid that lapse I suppose.

I dunno what to say, its gonna be hard to beat a team we're 0-6 against 4 out of 5 times. The season is on life support tonight and all that can be said is one game at a time. Hopefully J-Ho is alright. I expect the flow of the games will be more favorable toward the Mavs in Dallas, but we'll see if it's enough.

Artest_Is_Fearless
05-06-2009, 12:32 AM
They suckass tonight and I am glad because the rockets will kick the shiet out of the nuggies

Spursfan092120
05-06-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't know what to say, Ghazi..you guys hung in there till the 4th..fought tough..I just don't know if it was Denver who went off in the 4th, or you guys just TURNED it off. Either way, it's going to be tough the rest of the way...you've got to start by taking care of business at home...then go from there...I'm not rooting for the Mavs, but I'll wish ya luck.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 12:34 AM
One more comment on defense

Way too much fouling and it was just too damn easy for Nuggets! I don't know if we're capable of playing good D against their style/athleticism but well, if we aren't, then this will be over in 5.

Ditty
05-06-2009, 12:34 AM
They suckass tonight and I am glad because the rockets will kick the shiet out of the nuggies

negative nuggets will murder the rockets

rockets have no fast break game

nuggets for WCF champions

Spursfan092120
05-06-2009, 12:43 AM
negative nuggets will murder the rockets

rockets have no fast break game

nuggets for WCF champions
With HCA, I could see Denver winning the Western Conference...with the Lakers owning HCA...Lakers will win.

monosylab1k
05-06-2009, 12:44 AM
No surprise that in 2 minutes Gerald Green lights it up and makes the final score look somewhat respectable.

But no, James Singleton is a much better option out there.

monosylab1k
05-06-2009, 12:45 AM

I can't believe I'm gonna say this because I detest the Rockets, but if they pull off the upset and beat the Lakers, I'll root for them the rest of the way.

Sean Cagney
05-06-2009, 12:46 AM
LOL at the comments like Rockets have passed LA already and made it there. I will laugh if they do not, and still they just MIGHT NOT pass LA when they get it going.

Warlord23
05-06-2009, 12:52 AM
".. but these games just don't feel like absolute blowouts ..."

Denver is actually not shooting well from the outside, especially in the first half of both games. The reason they still managed to outscore the Mavs is because they got about 15-20 dunks/layups today. Not to mention the and-1s and fouls in the paint.

The Denver frontcourt is outjumping, outquicking and outhustling the Mavs, and Dallas just cannot handle the athleticism. And to think that Billups and Dahntay Jones haven't even shown up so far in this series. If their outside shot starts falling, y'all will get blown out by 30.

Shank
05-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Fuck.

Time to even it up over the weekend.

Brickhouse
05-06-2009, 01:00 AM
What did I say before this series started?

Besides Dirk, the Mavs lose the matchup at every position.

Where's that guy who said that Damp had a chance against Nene? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SouthTexasRancher
05-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Well a lot of similar storylines to Game 1 in this game. Nene dominant, close game for 3 quarters, missed shots/turnovers in 4th resulting in snowball effect.

Dirk had a great game though.

Terry hit a few shots, but he made too many defensive blunders and turnovers for me to say he had a good game

J-Ho was in lazy jump shooter mode in his limited action.

I dunno how many turnovers Kidd tonight, but it felt like a lot again. He didn't make as big an imprint on the game as I would like.

The role players were decent tonight.

The athletic disparity is glaringly noticeable.

Honestly it may seem like denial but these games just don't feel like absolute "blowouts", even though nuggets control tempo/paint whole game. The games , both of them, have been close for 3 quarters untilt he snowball effect from mavs missed shots/turnovers in 4th. Gotta avoid that lapse I suppose.

I dunno what to say, its gonna be hard to beat a team we're 0-6 against 4 out of 5 times. The season is on life support tonight and all that can be said is one game at a time. Hopefully J-Ho is alright. I expect the flow of the games will be more favorable toward the Mavs in Dallas, but we'll see if it's enough.

It's looking more and more like a LeBron vs. Carmelo matchup. Denver is playing better than anyone outside Cleveland. If Denver & LA were playing right now LA might get swept or at least go down 4-1.

SouthTexasRancher
05-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Fuck

skankie, your posts prove that you are an imbecilic, moronic, idiotic, Ignoramus!!! U R A Jeeeanyus in your own mind. You may now go back to playing with yourself. Don't worry, your mommy is not watching.

Dennis Green
05-06-2009, 01:05 AM
The Dallas Mavericks are who we thought they were!

NewJerSpur
05-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Why would Dennis Green still be a fan of a Phoenix franchise? Did you come from the past?

timvp
05-06-2009, 01:09 AM
The main problem I see is that the Mavs weren't defending penetration well in the two outings in Colorado. While that is good news for Kobe, it's also somewhat understandable considering that the Mavs came off a series in which they only had to defend one player who could penetrate. It has to be somewhat of a shock to have to change the defensive schemes so drastically.

The Spurs usually beat the Nuggets by throwing a lot of double teams at them and forcing them to pass to win. Without Billups, that strategy worked almost every time. With Billups, it's more difficult but still possible. The Nuggets are still prone to the chemistry induced meltdown.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 01:10 AM
It's looking more and more like a LeBron vs. Carmelo matchup. Denver is playing better than anyone outside Cleveland. If Denver & LA were playing right now LA might get swept or at least go down 4-1.

Nuggets would get worked by LA OR Houston. I still do not think they are that good!!

SouthTexasRancher
05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Nuggets would get worked by LA OR Houston. I still do not think they are that good!!

If LA is at the top of their game and Denver plays like they've been playing the last couple months then it would be a great 7 game series. Denver would roll over Houston in 5, 6 at the most. JMHO

ulosturedge
05-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Nuggets are winning on energy, defense, and penetration. The Spurs would slow the game down to a crawling hault. Which would help take the energy and fire away from the Nuggets. Like Timvp was getting at, if you can get the Nuggets out of wack by killing their chemistry or rhythm you can beat them. They are susceptible to letdowns maybe not as much as years past but still to some extent.

The problem is the Mavericks would kill their own chemistry if they tried to slow the game down. So I dunno what to tell you guys lol.

BUMP
05-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I only saw bits and pieces of the 4th quarter and it looked to me as the same ole problem just turning the ball over leading to layups and dunks.

Can we just stop? Is it really that hard to just hold onto the ball?

Jacob1983
05-06-2009, 01:44 AM
The Mavs just can't beat this Nuggets team. Besides, the Nuggets are the favorite and are the better team. Dirk is playing his ass off and the Mavs are still losing. You can't blame the losses on Dirk. He's been great. It's the defense that's the been the reason why the Mavs have sucked. They have been very wimpy and lazy on defense.

icem
05-06-2009, 01:48 AM

:rollin

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 04:37 AM
You are BUSTED because you have impersonated the real Dennis Green, now you have got two options to choose from. One: keep using this name then you will be acused in court and cleaned by me, I suggest you choose the other one. My suggestion is you make a little adjustment to your first name, maybe it will only change one or two letters of it. It's not a big shame to have such a name, a name is just kind of a symble that has nothing to do with the quality of its owner. Remember the high-famed old ref that once beat Charles Barkley in a race, and made him kiss the bottom of a donkey.

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Hey now, that was my line. I started that thread in the other forum (right before the Mavs finished off my Spurs :lol :depressed ).

J.R. Smith, Nene, Chris "Birdman" Anderson, and Carmelo. -- That's an athletic team.

Still, you all have Josh Howard and Jason Terry. And Dirk is hard to guard because of his size and skill set.

I think that the hustle and the fact that the games were in Denver make the difference in athleticism look worse than it is.

Remember, no team is as good as it looks when it wins (then the team looks invincible) and no team is as bad as it looks when it loses (then it looks like it sucks a$$).

So, the Mavs are a better team than they have looked and the Nuggets may not look as good in Dallas. Nuggets aren't the best road team (excepting how they raped N.O. in New Orleans).

:toast

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Hey now, that was my line. I started that thread in the other forum (right before the Mavs finished off my Spurs :lol :depressed ).

J.R. Smith, Nene, Chris "Birdman" Anderson, and Carmelo. -- That's an athletic team.

Still, you all have Josh Howard and Jason Terry. And Dirk is hard to guard because of his size and skill set.

I think that the hustle and the fact that the games were in Denver make the difference in athleticism look worse than it is.

Remember, no team is as good as it looks when it wins (then the team looks invincible) and no team is as bad as it looks when it loses (then it looks like it sucks a$$).

So, the Mavs are a better team than they have looked and the Nuggets may not look as good in Dallas. Nuggets aren't the best road team (excepting how they raped N.O. in New Orleans).

:toast
I hate Birdman and his disgusting tatoos, that's why I wish Mavs to win this series.

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2009, 05:03 AM
I hate Birdman and his disgusting tatoos, that's why I wish Mavs to win this series.

Ya know, honestly, I thought that they were pretty cool. The colors worked together.

Besides, he is a lot better person than low blow and that punk Josh Howard.

And he's a better player than people think, not just his shot blocking and intimidation. He can actually contribute some on the offensive end too.

:flag:

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 05:56 AM
Ya know, honestly, I thought that they were pretty cool. The colors worked together.

Besides, he is a lot better person than low blow and that punk Josh Howard.

And he's a better player than people think, not just his shot blocking and intimidation. He can actually contribute some on the offensive end too.

:flag:
yeah, Birdman is also much more colorful than Josh Howard. I mean his tattoos