PDA

View Full Version : The Great Pacific Garbage Patches

MiamiHeat
05-06-2009, 01:31 AM
There are two patches, the Western and the Eastern patches, which make up one big one. It's floating garbage. The world's largest landfill, one giant floating polluted piece of ocean, filled with garbage - mostly floating plastic.

It's twice the size of Texas. Scientists have dubbed this area "Plastic soup"

Most of the trash originates from land. Yup.

and if we continue to dump, the patch is going to keep getting bigger.

And that's not all. Since the plastic eventually crumbles into smaller chips and then eventually 'plastic dust' , it will become part of the water....fish will begin to swallow it if they like it or not.

uLrVCI4N67M

DLYDw5u-v6w

8a4S23uXIcM

E20
05-06-2009, 01:38 AM
attached a rocket launcher and guide that shit to the sun like tey did in futurama

chreph
05-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Sounds like somebody's catching up with their Oprah's on the DVR! :rollin

So what book are you reading next? lol j/k

Dr. Gonzo
05-06-2009, 10:58 AM
who gives a shit forum

peewee's lovechild
05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Why does this remind me of Idiocracy?

clambake
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM

because they won't care until it's floating directly under their trailer.

chreph
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm not to be confused with one who doesn't care - my wife and I produce significantly less trash than any other household in our neighborhood, I've never littered in my life, yada, yada, yada. I do think it's funny that it doesn't become an issue until Harpo brings it up. My wife was catching up with the DVR and called me over to "come take a look this" (also did this for that woman with the flesh-eating bacteria). Since then, all of a sudden it's a hot issue. The woman basically controls the vast majority of female conciousness in America but most of the time doesn't know what she's doing a show about until she's getting briefed while getting her make-up done... scary! :wow

CuckingFunt
05-06-2009, 02:36 PM

It's scary how many things I encounter that remind me of that film.

balli
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
+1 :depressed

peewee's lovechild
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM

I once walked into Costco and said "Welcome to Costco, I love you." The greeter wasn't too appreciative.