PDA

View Full Version : This series is NOT over!!!

BUMP
05-06-2009, 01:31 AM
As far as im concerned this Denver team has yet to show me they can win in Dallas when it matters. Its been well over a month since an opponent has won in Dallas when it was a 2 point squeaker.......................................... .................................................b y Denver:(

But until they win in Dallas i refuse to panic.

REMEMBER THE AAC!!

:elephant:elephant:elephant

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Need Josh

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 01:34 AM
I am not too panicky either but probably only due to expectation set during regular season. looking like 8th/9th place team for large chunks therefore its hard to get upset regardless of how this series plays out.

KSeal
05-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Dallas will win at least one game at home but I'm not sure if they can win both. Nuggets in five is what it looks like at this point.

ulosturedge
05-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Like we needed Manu huh lol. Look who's in the hot seat now.

DAF86
05-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Will the Denver Nuggetts puss out "mavericks" style?

BUMP
05-06-2009, 01:36 AM
I am not too panicky either but probably only due to expectation set during regular season. looking like 8th/9th place team for large chunks therefore its hard to get upset regardless of how this series plays out.

I will be pissed if its a fucking sweep!

But until then i wont give up til the final buzzer. All year I said that we were better then our record indicated and we showed that by ousting SA in the first round, and we WILL win both home games to even this series up. After that who knows? maybe momentum will follow us to Denver:hat

NewJerSpur
05-06-2009, 01:36 AM
While it's true the Nuggets suffered their only loss in these playoffs on the road, they also put up their best performance (see game 4 vs. Hornets). Mavs fans should take no real comfort in returning to Dallas, but simply hope the Nuggets lag in focus.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 01:41 AM
I feel the flow of the games will be a little better for Mavs @ home. less sloppy play and less fast break points for Nuggets.

timvp
05-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I want the Mavs to come out of the West so that the Cavs won't choke in the Finals.

Go Mavs :cheer

NewJerSpur
05-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I feel the flow of the games will be a little better for Mavs @ home. less sloppy play and less fast break points for Nuggets.

Though they got the win, the Mavs displayed very sloppy play in Game 4 against the Spurs (a main reason SA got back into the game) so I wouldn't bank on better ball security.

mavs>spurs2
05-06-2009, 01:45 AM
I might believe you if Josh wasn't hurt

NewJerSpur
I want the Mavs to come out of the West so that the Cavs won't choke in the Finals.

I'm going to act as if I never read this post Timvp, even with your reasoning. :lol

:p:

ulosturedge
While it's true the Nuggets suffered their only loss in these playoffs on the road, they also put up their best performance (see game 4 vs. Hornets). Mavs fans should take no real comfort in returning to Dallas, but simply hope the Nuggets lag in focus.

Their hope lies in your last sentence. The Nuggets are prone to slacking off, getting sloppy, and becoming disinterested. If Dallas can get off to a good start and keep going the Nuggets have a good chance of just fading away in game 3. But I think if Josh Howard is gonna be hobbled all series that will be the death of the Mavericks.

NewJerSpur
05-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Their hope lies in your last sentence. The Nuggets are prone to slacking off, getting sloppy, and becoming disinterested. If Dallas can get off to a good start and keep going the Nuggets have a good chance of just fading away in game 3. But I think if Josh Howard is gonna be hobbled all series that will be the death of the Mavericks.

True, but now that Chauncey has seen the lagging potential of the Nuggets firsthand, he will likely make plans to tighten things up a bit. I loke for him especially to come out aggressive and set the tone.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Jeez 25 fast break points for Nuggets. That's the #1 thing Mavs gotta clean up. protect ball and transition defense . most playoff games don't have 25 fast break points combined, let alone for 1 team.

mouse
05-06-2009, 01:53 AM

You go to Dallas and Spurs get their asses waxed and now you give your bad Karma to the Mavs? :tu

Dre>Parker
05-06-2009, 02:10 AM
All they need is one in Dallas(well technically they don't), and they could very well wrap it up in 5 like the New Orleans series. I really can't see Dallas winning in Denver either way though.

Ditty
05-06-2009, 02:13 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fail-owned-boy-thermostat-fail.jpg?w=375&h=500

Yuushi12
05-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Like we needed Manu huh lol. Look who's in the hot seat now.

+1:toast

Lars
05-06-2009, 02:38 AM
This is what sucks about the west, Dallas capitalizes on a crippled SA team and ends up putting up a Hornets like performance in the second round. Portland would of put up a much better fight against the Nuggets.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 02:41 AM
This is what sucks about the west, Dallas capitalizes on a crippled SA team and ends up putting up a Hornets like performance in the second round. Portland would of put up a much better fight against the Nuggets.

Losing by 58 = losing by 14/12?

dav4463
05-06-2009, 03:47 AM
The series is over. Dallas is delusional. They did nothing. Dallas was a sixth seed. They aren't that good. They managed to beat a severely weakened Spurs team. Now, they are playing a healthy #2 seed who is completely overwhelming them. Nuggets will win in four, maybe five games. A healthy Spurs team would have beaten Dallas I think, but even a healthy Spurs team would probably be losing to the Nuggets right now. Chauncey Billups should be MVP for the way he turned this team and their attitudes around.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 03:56 AM
The series is over. Dallas is delusional. They did nothing. Dallas was a sixth seed. They aren't that good. They managed to beat a severely weakened Spurs team. Now, they are playing a healthy #2 seed who is completely overwhelming them. Nuggets will win in four, maybe five games. A healthy Spurs team would have beaten Dallas I think, but even a healthy Spurs team would probably be losing to the Nuggets right now. Chauncey Billups should be MVP for the way he turned this team and their attitudes around.

Billups' role in the Nuggets turnaround is a tad overblown.

Nene Birdman and Dahntay have a lot to do with it too.

JR Smith improved this year as well

MVP :lol

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 04:01 AM
You guys are pathetic, you clearly know this series is still far from over but you started and got involved into this meaningless debate. It's crystle clear that the Mavs still have a elephant big chance to turn the F around and head into the WCF, but some nuggets fans are dreaming about a sweep. The crystle clear fact will show us the biggest embarrassment of the nuggets fans and some wagoning spurs fans, it is just the first time in this decade for the nuggets to make the second round. :lol

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2009, 05:08 AM
As far as im concerned this Denver team has yet to show me they can win in Dallas when it matters. Its been well over a month since an opponent has won in Dallas when it was a 2 point squeaker.......................................... .................................................b y Denver:(

REMEMBER THE AAC!!

Okay, so Dallas has a really good chance of winning both games in Dallas.
And you guys need to take it one game at a time. And other than that Hornets game, Denver isn't normally that great on the road.

However, it is hard to believe that you all can win 4 out of the next 5 games.

That's just difficult for me to accept.

Obviously, if the Nuggets go up 3-1, then "this season is just about over", but Dirk wouldn't say they're "worried". If the Nuggets go up 3-0, then the series is practically over.

I was in the same place you are in: Denial. And Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt these days, is it ?

But anything is possible, and the Mavs could win their home games. Then, they just have to win one on the road. It's conceivable.

:toast

NugzFan
05-06-2009, 05:14 AM
You guys are pathetic, you clearly know this series is still far from over but you started and got involved into this meaningless debate. It's crystle clear that the Mavs still have a elephant big chance to turn the F around and head into the WCF, but some nuggets fans are dreaming about a sweep. The crystle clear fact will show us the biggest embarrassment of the nuggets fans and some wagoning spurs fans, it is just the first time in this decade for the nuggets to make the second round. :lol

which nugget fans are talking sweep?

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 06:50 AM
which nugget fans are talking sweep?
nope none of nuggets fans have talked sweep, they just talked trash as if their team would sweep the Mavs in the semi-finals of the western conference.

WalterBenitez
05-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Whatever team playing against Mavs has my support :D

Rogue
05-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Whatever team playing against Mavs has my support :D
So you will have to support the Lakers in the WCF, and the Cavs in NBA finals as well.

florige
05-06-2009, 07:49 AM
So you will have to support the Lakers in the WCF, and the Cavs in NBA finals as well.

You guys aren't going that far so there's no need to talk about that scenario.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 08:23 AM
You guys aren't going that far so there's no need to talk about that scenario.
You are right, but it's still a bad thing to envy other teams better than your own team. I think you will also root for any team playing against the Thunders before a very long time.

lefty
05-06-2009, 08:23 AM
:lolLOL Mavs

What does it feel like to face a healthy team ?

Biggems
05-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Billups' role in the Nuggets turnaround is a tad overblown.

Nene Birdman and Dahntay have a lot to do with it too.

JR Smith improved this year as well

MVP :lol

wrong............Billups brings maturity and Championship experience to a very immature and unstable team. Billups has stabilized that team. He has given them something they have been severely lacking, an actual floor general and leader. Do not discount his importance to Denver.

Detroit with Billups = 5 straight ECF appearances, 2 trips to the Finals, 1 Championship. Detroit without Billups = Lottery pick. Denver without Billups = lots of wasted potential, and if they made the playoffs were a 1st round exit. Denver with Billups = 2 games away from the WCF.

Biggems
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
btw, Didn't Denver sweep the season series? If so, this would be now 6 straight. I don't see how Dallas can have any confidence whatsoever, especially if Mr. Ed is stuck in the barn.

sribb43
05-06-2009, 08:45 AM
If the Heat got sweeped by the Mavs in the regular season in 2005-06, lost the first 2 on the road in the Finals then proceeded to win the next four, then why not us..Mavs in 6

UltimA
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Need JoshBadly.

I still think Dallas has a good chance, but they have to win Game 3 at home.

PDXSpursFan
05-06-2009, 10:35 AM
"This series is NOT over!!!"

Agree. It will be over after 2 more games :lol

pauls931
05-06-2009, 10:38 AM
"This series is NOT over!!!"

Agree. It will be over after 2 more games :lol

If you look at it as a glass half empty, it means there are 2 teams better than the spurs in the west. You should want the team that beat you to win the title so you can say you got beat by the best.

Brazil
05-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Where are the Nuggets fans to trash talk the mavs ones ? The spurs fans are obliged to do the job.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
If the Heat got sweeped by the Mavs in the regular season in 2005-06, lost the first 2 on the road in the Finals then proceeded to win the next four, then why not us..Mavs in 6

Backdoor fucking sweep!

NugzFan
05-06-2009, 11:51 AM
nope none of nuggets fans have talked sweep, they just talked trash as if their team would sweep the Mavs in the semi-finals of the western conference.

oh so you are putting works in our mouths? ok.

if you wanna use that example, then tell me...what exactly are mav fans implying with the infinitely more trash talk they are spewing? ive never seen a group of angrier fans in my life. all they do is talk shit.

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2009, 11:58 AM
If you look at it as a glass half empty, it means there are 2 teams better than the spurs in the west. You should want the team that beat you to win the title so you can say you got beat by the best.

With the way the Spurs played in round 1, it was pretty apparent that more than 2 teams in the West were better than the Spurs were. Even if the Mavs win the title, it won't make the Spurs the 2nd best team in the West, except to someone who is completely delusional.

pauls931
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
With the way the Spurs played in round 1, it was pretty apparent that more than 2 teams in the West were better than the Spurs were. Even if the Mavs win the title, it won't make the Spurs the 2nd best team in the West, except to someone who is completely delusional.

A friend who's a spurs fan ran that theory by me. :toast

Findog
05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Get Josh healthy and worry about G3. This series isn't over, Dallas came come back and win, but the Nuggets just look like the better team. The best hope now is to protect HC and turn this into a best 2 out 3 series.

Losing Josh hurt, but even with him...they are not doing a good job of minimizing turnovers and they can't check Nene. Those two factors are why we're down 2-0. We have the best player, so we still have a chance. The Spurs came back from 0-2 and two really bad losses in NOLA to win their series last year. We watched Miami come back from 0-2 after looking dead. It's not impossible, but we've lost something like 7 in a row to Denver now, some blowouts and some that went down to the wire. I'd have to say it's not a coincidence at this point. Denver just looks like the better team. But just lay it all out on the floor and see what happens. At least go down fighting, unlike the way the Whorenets laid down and quit.

Findog
05-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Losing by 58 = losing by 14/12?

Yeah, considering G1 was a 2 point game with 10 minutes left and G2 was a tight 3 point game at the end of the third. Dallas both times just fell apart in the 4th. I'm not saying we're going to come back and win, I think Denver is just better. But there is no way you can say the Mavs have embarrassed themselves the way the Hornets did. Especially having to work without Josh for 42 minutes last night.

And give me a fucking break about the Blazers, they are a terrible road team. There's no way they'd do better than Dallas against the Nuggets.

Findog
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
My 3 point plan for getting us back in this series:

1. Get Josh able to play
2. Cut down on the turnovers
3. Maim Nene

Findog
05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Badly.

I still think Dallas has a good chance, but they have to win Game 3 at home.

Everything hinges on us being able to get the next two and turn this into a 2 out of 3. If the Nugs win just once in Dallas, this series isn't going past 5. Thank God we have the extra day to get Josh ready for G3. This team is doing nothing without him.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
We're 0-6 now this year so it seems difficult to win 4/5, but Josh has TRULY only played in 2/6 of those games.

the loss last year was without DIrk.

Not to make excuses :), Denver does seem better deeper and more athletic, but I don't think they're that much better than us to the point where they should win 7 in a row.

There's just something weird about the flow of these games. Again, 54 of the Nuggets fucking points in the first 2 games have come in transition. That just seems like a problem the Mavs can fix, doesn't it?! If Nuggets still beat you in half court then oh well but surely the odds improve without easy points for Nuggets.

I read everyones posts and some act as if the Mavs have been TOTALLY outclassed. I just haven't seen it that way thus far, despite the double digit margins both times.

Need J-Ho though!

benefactor
05-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Split in Dallas...back to Denver...done.

Findog
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
We're 0-6 now this year so it seems difficult to win 4/5, but Josh has TRULY only played in 2/6 of those games.

the loss last year was without DIrk.

Not to make excuses :), Denver does seem better deeper and more athletic, but I don't think they're that much better than us to the point where they should win 7 in a row.

There's just something weird about the flow of these games. Again, 54 of the Nuggets fucking points in the first 2 games have come in transition. That just seems like a problem the Mavs can fix, doesn't it?! If Nuggets still beat you in half court then oh well but surely the odds improve without easy points for Nuggets.

Need J-Ho though!

Mono will be along soon to make fun of our Josh knobslobbing.

I agree. I think the Nuggets are better, but not beat us 8 times in a row better. Not we have no shot of winning a series against them better. Just slightly favored better in my opinion. The games have generally been closer than the fact that only one team keeps winning them. I remember earlier this decade the Mavs winning 3 out of 4 against Sacto in the regular season and then getting stomped in the playoffs 4-1. The Kings came back next year and won 3 out of 4 in the regular season, then took the opening playoff game, running their stretch of dominance to 8-2. So what happened? Naturally Dallas won 4 out of the next 6 to advance. And they could've beaten the Kings without Webber. Sometimes there are turnarounds.

Both games in this series the Mavs fell apart in the 4th Quarter after staying with them. Is that altitude? Is that lack of poise? Being a shitty road team? My hope was to get the split, and it doesn't bode well for a team if they can't do that.

Findog
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Probably

Strike
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM

F that. I'd rather see Kobe win one than "CHOSEN1".

I do want the Cavs to make the finals only so Lecrab can taste defeat again.

ElNono
05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
The only reason this series is not over is that the Denver coach is George Karl, and that the thuggets have guys like JR Smith and KMart out there, that can get their own asses suspended at any time, besides of losing you one or more games with some boneheaded play.
Otherwise, I don't see how Dallas is going to contain Nene. Carmelo gets to the rim any and every time he wants. Anderson is a pain in the ass playing above the rim, and basically nullifies Bass in the process. Chauncey can match and outperform Kidd.
The only way I see the Mavs winning some of these games is with some really streaky shooting. Can happen, but if you follow the trend of these last few games, by the 4th quarter those legs are tired, and nothing seems to go in then.

Strike
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Is that something Suns fans hold on to regarding '05 and '07? I laugh at that retarded justification. Who cares if your team got beat by the eventual champion? It doesn't change the fact that your team still got beat. Dallas is the 3rd to last team I want to see win a title out of the teams still in it. I'd rather see LA, Denver, Houston, Atlanta, or Orlando win it all instead of the Mavericks. Dallas, Cleveland and Boston can all kiss my hairy ass.

And by the way, there are more than 2 teams in the west that were/are better than the Spurs this year. I'm not ashamed to admit it. 2008-2009 is not the Spurs' season. It probably never was with the big three playing together only half the season and little to no bench support. This was the 1st year since 97-98 that I didn't feel that San Antonio had a legitimate chance to win the title. They were just not good enough.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry to tell you but.........This series is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basketballgirl25
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
well at least no mav fans seem to complain about the refs here. I hope they all watched that Bulls vs Celtics in the playoffs and all stop complaining about refs you could of had Dirk thrown into a table and nothing happen

TampaDude
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM

^ this

sribb43
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
F that. I'd rather see Kobe win one than "CHOSEN1".

I do want the Cavs to make the finals only so Lecrab can taste defeat again.

of all the teams that have a shot at the championship this season, I cant root for any of them...
LA (Kobe is a biatch)
CLE (Lebron just pisses me off and the Cavs team is a bunch of picture posing scrubs)
DEN (Thuggets says it all)
ORL ( D-12 is most overhyped player)
HOU (Can't root for a rival of the Mavs, however this would be least painful of all)

rayray2k8
05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
It's over..
Get ready to join the spurs fishing. :lol

G-Nob
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
The fat lady is clearing her throat. The mavs don't play adequate defense to shut the nugz down. And the mavs can't play the physical game the nugz bring. They have zero answers for the nugz depth.

It may not be a sweep but this series won't be goin on much longer.

Morg1411
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Go Nuggets!!!

SpursDynasty
05-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Denver doesn't need to win in Dallas.

Gino
05-06-2009, 06:18 PM

REMEMBER THE AAC!!

Unfortunatley for the Mavericks, Denver doesnt have to win in Dallas.

They have home-court advantage. :lol

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Unfortunatley for the Mavericks, Denver doesnt have to win in Dallas.

They have home-court advantage. :lol

LOL i knw son, that guys retarded

Spursfan092120
05-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I agree 100% Bump...it's never over till it's over...while I'm not rooting for the Mavs...I wish you all the luck in the world bro... :tu

clambake
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM
it was over before the mavs played the spurs......over for both.