PDA

View Full Version : Which 5 players will be named to the All NBA 1st team?

Rapper
05-06-2009, 06:20 AM
It's no doubt that Dwight and Kobe24 as well as LBJ must be on there,

And both of D-wade and CP3 are so close to the other guard slot.i can say each of them has 50/50 chance to make it

The only slot which can be debated is the other forward slot.Tim Duncan still has a big opportunity to be picked into it although he couldn't help the spurs to get into the second round, and Joe Johnson is obviously the biggest opponent to Timmy.

Dudes.don't tell me you don't care this and just care about the championship as well as don't have interest in taking about this,man, cause the season was already over so that it's very reasonable for us to discuss and think the last honor that Timmy can probably be got this year.

Allanon
05-06-2009, 06:22 AM
I think Joe Johnson is cool and all but I think he's more of a 3rd team player.

Tim Duncan didn't end the season well due to injury and that might hurt his All NBA status this year. This also rules out KG.

I think Dirk has a shot at it this year since he went on that late season tear.

Rapper
05-06-2009, 06:27 AM
I think Joe Johnson is cool and all but I think he's more of a 3rd team player.

Tim Duncan didn't end the season well due to injury and that might hurt his All NBA status this year. This also rules out KG.

I think Dirk has a shot at it this year since he went on that late season tear.

But the mavs didn't have a good ranking in the regular season, it should influence Dirk to make it

Allanon
05-06-2009, 06:30 AM
But the mavs didn't have a good ranking in the regular season, it should influence Dirk to make it

In the MVP award, they care about 50 wins. But in the other awards, it's not important like that.

I too would like Duncan to get the honor again, but I think it's unlikely this year due to injury.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Yeah, LBJ is strong enough to play PF. the forward combo of LBJ and Durant is definitely the best one you can make up in this league.

JamStone
05-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Probably:

Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

Although, I could see them going away from the standard two guards, two forwards and adding a third guard, Chris Paul, in favor of Dirk. I don't think Tim Duncan will make the cut this year. The other forward I think has a chance at first team is actually Pau Gasol.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Probably:

Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

Although, I could see them going away from the standard two guards, two forwards and adding a third guard, Chris Paul, in favor of Dirk. I don't think Tim Duncan will make the cut this year. The other forward I think has a chance at first team is actually Pau Gasol.
Don't you think Kevin Durant also has a chance to make it?

GMPGFG%3p%FT%RPGAPGPPG2008-09 Season7439.0.476.422.8636.52.825.3

mystargtr34
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
I think Duncan will get the starting Forward spot alongside LeBron since technically, Coaches are suppose to vote by position. Otherwise I feel the best 5 players have been Howard, LeBron, Kobe, Wade and CP3.

My guess.

Howard
Duncan
LeBron
Kobe
Wade

Yao
Pau
Dirk
Roy
Parker

Shaq
Carmelo
Pierce
Billups
Williams

Thats what i think they will be.

JamStone
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Chance? Maybe. But more than likely he won't be first team. Maybe a second teamer if he's lucky. Team record might not factor in the same way it is for MVP, but still. 23 wins for his team. When's the last time a player on a team that bad got first team honors? I don't know. Even LeBron didn't get first team all NBA in his second year and his team went 42-40 and he put up 27/7/7.

sribb43
05-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Duncan will get the spot bc he is Tim Duncan

stretch
05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

I agree with this.

balli
05-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Don't you think Kevin Durant also has a chance to make it?
no.

+1 on the

Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Howard
and I guess Dirk (but by default, it's been a bad year for the PF spot)

But if Wade goes second team and if they don't hold Derrick Rose or Carlos Boozer against him, Deron's probably making second and I wouldn't be suprised to see Chauncey or Roy on the third over Parker.

CubanMustGo
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
At first I thought "Dirk in a walk over TD" but even with Tim's injuries the stats are pretty close:

Dirk 25.8ppg/8.4 rpg/0.8 bpg/2.4 apg/1.9 to
Duncan 19.3ppg/10.7rpg/1.7bpg/3.5 apg/2.2 to

Do Dirk's six PPG outweigh Tim's other advantages? Probably so since most ppl tend to focus on offense more than anything else.

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 09:06 AM
At first I thought "Dirk in a walk over TD" but even with Tim's injuries the stats are pretty close:

Do Dirk's six PPG outweigh Tim's other advantages? Probably so since most ppl tend to focus on offense more than anything else.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/player/Kevin-Durant?statsId=4244

Statistically Kevin Durant is more worthy of a place in the first team than Dirk and TD.

balli
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I think TD's problem is a "what have you done for me lately" type of a thing. I don't know what his numbers were coming down the stretch of the regular season, but I know they dropped off. Probably pretty significantly.

Whereas Deron or someone may have gotten off to a bad start, Tim's numbers are deflated by a statistical collapse at the end of the season (not that it's his fault). But that shit's going to stick in voter's minds more than if he'd been hurt to start the year.

And dude... get out of here with the whole Durant's a 1st teamer thing. Nobody's going for it. Scoring a bunch of points for one of the worst teams in the league while shooting 47% (as a forward) is nothing. Well, it's not nothing, but it's damn sure not a 1st team caliber performance. :rolleyes

turiaf for president
05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
kobe
wade
james
dirk
howard

parker
billups
pierce
duncan
yao

cp3
roy
durant
gasol
shaq

stretch
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM

Dirk also led his team on a massive surge into the 6th seed in a VERY tight west race, past Tim Duncan in the first round, all without his #2 guy healthy or present for the majority of the year, and without any other all-stars on his team.

JamStone
05-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I think there's a very good chance that Chauncey Billups makes it to one of all NBA teams, maybe even to the second team. I think it's unlikely he gets left off completely, even if it's at the expense of one of the young great guards, Deron or Roy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
kobe
wade
lebron
dirk (ahead of Duncan simply cause he carried what is IMO a very mediocre supporting cast the entire year)
D-Ho

CP3
Brandon Roy
Paul Pierce
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming

Parker
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Pau Gasol
Shaq

turiaf for president
05-06-2009, 09:43 AM
I think there's a very good chance that Chauncey Billups makes it to one of all NBA teams, maybe even to the second team. I think it's unlikely he gets left off completely, even if it's at the expense of one of the young great guards, Deron or Roy.

yup i have im on my second team

UltimA
05-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Duncan could beat Dirk in the first team, you never know.

Indazone
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Between Yao and Howard, depends who goes further into the playoffs.

BRHornet45
05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
sons when will they announce the teams?

E20
05-06-2009, 10:18 AM
sons when will they announce the teams?

actually breaking news, peja is in.

BRHornet45
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
actually breaking news, peja is in.

son Peja is too busy building his new home in New Orleans with all of those bricks he laid this year.

Rapper
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
kobe
wade
lebron
dirk (ahead of Duncan simply cause he carried what is IMO a very mediocre supporting cast the entire year)
D-Ho

CP3
Brandon Roy
Paul Pierce
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming

Parker
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Pau Gasol
Shaq

Where is Billups?

Allanon
05-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Where is Billups?

With Kobe,Wade CP3, Deron WIlliams, Brandon Roy and Tony Parker (6 guards), Billups won't make it. If he does, it will have to come at the expense of Brandon Roy and I don't see that happening.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2009, 11:15 AM
With Kobe,Wade CP3, Deron WIlliams, Brandon Roy and Tony Parker (6 guards), Billups won't make it. If he does, it will have to come at the expense of Brandon Roy and I don't see that happening.

what he said.

Sportstudi
05-06-2009, 11:23 AM

I know, you can't compare it, but just to follow strictly your argumentation, you would have to vote CP3 over Wade due to the team's record (49-33 vs. 43-39).

Honestly, I would vote Wade over CP3, if I have to choose only 2 guards. Kobe is in, that's for sure, and Wade was simply outstanding during the season.

To follow the normal "rules", I would give my votes to:

Wade
Bryant
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

To give it to the five best players:

Wade
Bryant
CP3
LeBron
Howard

I don't like CP3 that much (no, not because he usually rapes Dallas), but he was very good. Leader in apg & spg, good scorer in regard of his position, so...