PDA

View Full Version : ACORN Charged In Vegas Fraud Case

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I guess there goes Mickey's and possibly Minnie's vote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ACORN Charged In Vegas Fraud Case

Investigators Say Group Paid Bonuses For Registrations

LAS VEGAS -- Nevada’s Attorney General filed criminal charges against the political advocacy group Association of Community Organization for Reform Now and two of its employees Monday, claiming the group created a quota system for voter registrations and paid bonuses for additional signatures.A total of 39 felonies were named against ACORN and the employees, Deputy Regional Director Amy Busefink and Las Vegas Field Director Christopher Edwards.Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto said during 2008 voter registration drives, ACORN employees were told they would be fired if they did not obtain 20 voter registrations per shift.In addition to the quota system, Masto also claimed ACORN created a bonus program for employees called “Blackjack.” When a canvasser obtained 21 or more registration forms, she said, they would be paid a $5 bonus. http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/ibs.vegas.news/local;kw=news+square;ad=true;pgtype=detail;tile=7; sz=300x250;ord=123456789? (http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/ibs.vegas.news/local;kw=news+square;ad=true;pgtype=detail;tile=7; sz=300x250;ord=123456789?) ACORN representative Scott Levenson fired back, saying the problem had been handled internally and calling the investigation an ”ongoing assault designed to blame the victim and prioritize media grandstanding above the pursuit of justice.”“It is unfortunate that the Secretary of State can’t distinguish the victim from the villain,” Levenson said.But investigators for the Attorney General’s office said former employees told them the quota was part of the culture within ACORN.One former employee who spoke to investigators said it was her job to fire people who didn’t meet the quota. Investigators said workers were also told they had to stay in the field for as long as it took to bring back the necessary signatures.The pressure to meet those quotas is believed to have led to a surge in fraudulent voter registration forms turned into the Clark County Election Department last fall.Investigators seized computer files and paperwork from the Las Vegas ACORN office in October. Accusations that ACORN was registering phony names reached their peak in the weeks leading up to the presidential election, with Republican candidate John McCain among the most vocal critics.“It’s important to keep in mind that this was a case of registration fraud, not voter fraud,” said Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller, insisting the phony registration forms did not affect the outcome of the election.

Winehole23
05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I protest this brazen disenfranchisement of the Dallas Cowboys.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2009, 10:22 AM
oh that's right i forgot about them.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 02:00 PM
ACORN flagged the fraudulent registrations before they turned them in, as they are required to do by law. I agree the quota system is ridiculous, but the case against ACORN itself will go nowhere.

Blake
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
they almost have to have a quota system of some kind. I don't see any other way around it.

Change the quota from actually obtaining a number of voter registrations to simply having a number of attempts at getting voters registered and I would think that should do it.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
It's fairly clear that ACORN's training is lacking in these areas were fraudulent registrations have been turned in, but filing criminal charges against the organization itself is grandstanding.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2009, 03:35 PM
but filing criminal charges against the organization itself is grandstanding.damn those democrats.....oh wait...

Barry O'Bama
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Leave ACORN alone they are a fine organization, I may have to get my well funded civilian army to go searching house to house for people who don't agree with me.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Your troll sucks.

Blake
05-06-2009, 03:39 PM
... but filing criminal charges against the organization itself is grandstanding.

especially considering ACORN followed proper protocol...

....ACORN spokesman Scott Levenson denied the Nevada allegations on behalf of ACORN, which works to get low-income people to vote and lists offices in 41 states and the District of Columbia. He blamed former rogue employees for the alleged wrongdoing.

"Our policy all along has been to pay workers at an hourly rate and to not pay employees based on any bonus or incentive program," he said. "When it was discovered that an employee was offering bonuses linked to superior performance, that employee was ordered to stop immediately."

Levenson said the two former ACORN organizers named in Monday's criminal complaint — Christopher Howell Edwards and Amy Adele Busefink — no longer work for ACORN and would not be represented by the organization....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30567548/

boutons_deux
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
... and The Great Repug Voter Fraud Hoax continues.

One really has to admire, er, ridicule, how the Repugs persist in their frauds and lies.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Massive Vote Fraud!

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
... and The Great Repug Voter Fraud Hoax continues.

One really has to admire, er, ridicule, how the Repugs persist in their frauds and lies.
uhh, it was a democrat that made the charges.

:donkey

jman3000
05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
:lmao at the ACORN guy on Beck. Jesus, Glenn is A grade a shit bag.

hope4dopes
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Leave ACORN alone they are a fine organization, I may have to get my well funded civilian army to go searching house to house for people who don't agree with me.

lol.. funny man.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I guess republicans hate registering people to vote..why do they hate America?

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I guess republicans hate registering people to vote..why do they hate America?
No, just opposed to registering people who do not have the legal right to vote, illegal aliens and dead people to name two such groups. And, we're also opposed to entire sports franchises being registered to vote in states where they do not reside.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
No, just opposed to registering people who do not have the legal right to vote, illegal aliens and dead people to name two such groups. And, we're also opposed to entire sports franchises being registered to vote in states where they do not reside.

so i guess your happy that the registrations were flagged. shouldn't you be praising ACORN for pulling those registrations?

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 08:02 PM
so i guess your happy that the registrations were flagged. shouldn't you be praising ACORN for pulling those registrations?
ACORN is a hack organization. They've done so much more harm than good...and, I'm positive that any good done, was not intentional.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 08:23 PM
How much harm have they actually done?

Let's quantify this.

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
How much harm have they actually done?

Let's quantify this.
Go ahead, I don't have the time...

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Go ahead, I don't have the time...Of course you do. Just rip off some blogs.

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Of course you do. Just rip off some blogs.
If I get time...

And, if I do, it'll be blogs linked to supporting articles and facts...or, it'll be the articles and facts themselves.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Are you going to pretend you wrote it all yourself?

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Are you going to pretend you wrote it all yourself?
Possibly...

But, the links will be to stuff I didn't pretend to write.

Blake
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Possibly...

But, the links will be to stuff I didn't pretend to write.

:lol

moron

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 09:37 PM

moron

moron

Wow! That was easy.

Blake
05-06-2009, 09:49 PM

moron

Wow! That was easy.

slightly easier than "They've done so much more harm than good" with nothing to back it up with.

moron

Wow! it really was easy.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2009, 10:38 PM
slightly easier than "They've done so much more harm than good" with nothing to back it up with.

moron

Wow! it really was easy.

That's our Yoni..

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Like I said, if I get the time...

Conyers suggests probe of ACORN (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/20/conyers-suggests-probe-of-acorn/)

ACORN 'shock troops' tied to election crimes (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79430)

Criminal charges filed against ACORN, two employees (http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/may/04/criminal-charges-filed-against-acorn-two-employees/)

ACORN's crime spree spans the U.S. (http://theunionnews.blogspot.com/2008/09/acorns-crime-spree-spans-us.html)

THE REAL SCANDAL (http://sweetness-light.com/archive/thank-acorn-and-their-ilk-for-mortgage-crisis)

And, if you've ever wondered why the Community Reinvestment Act amendments of 1996 and ACORN's -- using those amendments -- to pressure the financial community to make bad loans are important;

The Credit Crisis, Act II: How One Smart Idea Brought the World Economy to Its Knees (http://www.creditcardguide.com/creditcards/credit-default-swaps-world-economy.html)

As I understand it, the underlying financial instruments insured by the Credit Default Swaps that brought down our economy were, principally, sub-prime mortgages and other bad credit extended to those who could not pay it back, (including, apparently, automobile companies).

That's why I was opposed to the bailouts. All of these companies needed to fall. There were, and still are, financial institutions not in the CDS business who have been unscathed by the mess and who are still lending money the same way they have for decades.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Automobile companies took out sub-prime mortgages on homes?

Seriously, you're just babbling now.

Quit vomiting blogs and give me a list of proven crimes and evil ACORN has visited upon this country. This namby-pamby "pressured banks" bullshit is weak.

Yonivore
05-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Automobile companies took out sub-prime mortgages on homes?

Seriously, you're just babbling now.

Quit vomiting blogs and give me a list of proven crimes and evil ACORN has visited upon this country. This namby-pamby "pressured banks" bullshit is weak.
No, automobile companies were another example of the bad debt insured by CDS's

It's not weak.

Jesse Jackson has made a handsome living by extorting companies out of money to avoid being ruined through specious claims of discrimination.

ACORN just applied the same technique to lending institutions -- using the Community Reinvestment Act as cover.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Sorry, the claim that ACORN forced lenders to lend is preposterous.

Why are they not forcing them to lend now?

whottt
05-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Chump is still stuck on stupid I see...

The massive voter fraud, as mentioned before, is the fraudulent registrations themselves that serve to overwhelm the registration systems making the verification of applications exceedingly difficult. Basically the choice given is either let huge blocks of them pass, or not accept them, good and bad alike.

It's raping the system. It is voter fraud on scale never seen before in the United States, and you do no one a favor by pretending it isn't.

It's a company subsidized by tax dollars serving one political party, and whose influence in our elections will end up costing the taxpayers even more money, not to mention the other damage they might do by influencing elections.

If they are soliciting voters and producing an exponential amount of fraudulent registration applications(and the evidence is that they are) or merely knowingly overloading the system with more applications than it is capable of handling, what they are doing is criminal in deed if nothing else.

And their system for paying their employees proves they are encouraging fraudulent registrations.

I'll take my leave now and let you resume blowing huge amounts of smoke up your own ass.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 01:07 AM
massive voter fraud!:lol You have been missed.

ACORN flags the fraudulent registrations themselves. How does that overwhelm the system?

Blake
05-07-2009, 09:48 AM
It's raping the system. It is voter fraud on scale never seen before in the United States, and you do no one a favor by pretending it isn't.

how many convictions does ACORN have against them?

It's a company subsidized by tax dollars serving one political party, and whose influence in our elections will end up costing the taxpayers even more money, not to mention the other damage they might do by influencing elections.

how exactly do they influence elections?

If they are soliciting voters and producing an exponential amount of fraudulent registration applications(and the evidence is that they are) or merely knowingly overloading the system with more applications than it is capable of handling, what they are doing is criminal in deed if nothing else.

they are so criminal that the Census Bureau asked for their assistance.

And their system for paying their employees proves they are encouraging fraudulent registrations.

no it doesn't. They don't encourage fraudulent registrations.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-07-2009, 10:06 AM
:lmao at the ACORN guy on Beck. Jesus, Glenn is A grade a shit bag.

how so?

Wild Cobra
05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
:lol You have been missed.

ACORN flags the fraudulent registrations themselves. How does that overwhelm the system?
You know they cannot flag all of them. They were willing accomplices to voter fraud. The question now is, can this lawsuit find anyone guilty. We still have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Myself, I would like to see the shameless group shut down. I know that will never happen though.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
You know they cannot flag all of them. They were willing accomplices to voter fraud.What voter fraud? Can you even find any case of a fraudulent vote resulting from ACORN activities?

In what way were they accomplices?

The question now is, can this lawsuit find anyone guilty. We still have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Myself, I would like to see the shameless group shut down. I know that will never happen though.As long as you have nothing but baseless accusations you just made up in your head, it won't.

whottt
05-08-2009, 06:53 PM
how many convictions does ACORN have against them?

how exactly do they influence elections?

they are so criminal that the Census Bureau asked for their assistance.

no it doesn't. They don't encourage fraudulent registrations.

No offense...but if I want to argue with an idiot, I'll just argue with Chump. I've known him longer, argued with him more, like him better...and he has earned a certain amount of respect by being right on certain occassions...I've seen absolutely nothing from you that deserves a reply...so be glad you got this much.

whottt
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
What voter fraud? Can you even find any case of a fraudulent vote resulting from ACORN activities?

In what way were they accomplices?

As long as you have nothing but baseless accusations you just made up in your head, it won't.
There's nothing baseless about it...

Blake
05-08-2009, 07:07 PM
No offense...but if I want to argue with an idiot, I'll just argue with Chump. I've known him longer, argued with him more, like him better...and he has earned a certain amount of respect by being right on certain occassions...I've seen absolutely nothing from you that deserves a reply...so be glad you got this much.

None taken. I'm glad I got this much.

....ACORN spokesman Scott Levenson denied the Nevada allegations on behalf of ACORN, which works to get low-income people to vote and lists offices in 41 states and the District of Columbia. He blamed former rogue employees for the alleged wrongdoing.

"Our policy all along has been to pay workers at an hourly rate and to not pay employees based on any bonus or incentive program," he said. "When it was discovered that an employee was offering bonuses linked to superior performance, that employee was ordered to stop immediately."

Levenson said the two former ACORN organizers named in Monday's criminal complaint — Christopher Howell Edwards and Amy Adele Busefink — no longer work for ACORN and would not be represented by the organization....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30567548/