PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Ron Paul president?

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
He is the fuckin man.

That is all.

Richard Cranium
05-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Because he got whupped in the primaries and the election. That is all.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-06-2009, 02:15 PM
He wasn't enough of a maverick to talk straight about his hope for believing in change.

EricB
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
He lost a paper rock scissors match to Barack for the clinching "change" and "yes we can" slogans that win elections.

peewee's lovechild
05-06-2009, 02:20 PM
He wasn't enough of a maverick to talk straight about his hope for believing in change.

Nice.

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Because he got whupped in the primaries and the election. That is all.
And this happened because people (voters) are stupid.

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Especially his supporters, they all had sticks up their ass if you said anything bad about him

Richard Cranium
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM

Well, you are the stupid one who voted for a loser.

Richard Cranium
05-06-2009, 02:27 PM
He lost a paper rock scissors match to Barack for the clinching "change" and "yes we can" slogans that win elections.

As opposed to the "you betcha" slogan?

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Well, you are the stupid one who voted for a loser.
Actually I did not vote.

S_A_Longhorn
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Seriously, I would have voted him if he got the Republican nomination. In the end, he was never going to get it b/c he wasn't going to wear the "THEY are evil...America is great!" shirt all Republicans wear.

Remember mormon Mitt saying, "I wouldn't change anything about America. I love America!"

Remember cheatin' Guiliani demanding Paul apologize for saying some US policies in the Middle East has contributed to their anger for the US?

Hell, even pundits like Rush and Hannity don't want "true conservatism" based on the rules of the Constitution (Rush doesn't even know the difference in the Constitution and the Preamble).

Ron Paul spoke the truth of all these things, but wasn't going to win their support since he wouldn't take the talking-points of the Right. Even the 'right' branded him a 'loon'. But he was the only Republican candidate that had a real youth grass-roots movement & got the attention of leftist like Bill Maher.

Barack Obama
05-06-2009, 02:38 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/obamashutup.jpg

BacktoBasics
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Specifically I'd like to point out that Americans as a whole are at the point were they're incapable of freely understanding whats good for them. Programmed to buy into whats being marketed most effectively. No one runs a campaign like Obama. Those two running mates marketed themselves to the forefront and the best salesman won. They didn't pitch to a better America they pitched themselves as a better option over the other. The two weren't that drastically different.

Secondly Paul was about massively changing the Country and shrinking the government (good luck getting $$$$ backing with that kind of mentality). The second largest shortcoming of Americans is their inability to accept change, enact meaningful change and see the bigger picture.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Especially his supporters, they all had sticks up their ass if you said anything bad about himhey. i thought this was about ron paul

z0sa
i wish

mookie2001
I guess this Ron Paul chode is some neocon congressman for Orange County California

balli
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Because for some reason Americans are convinced that the house isn't built on sand. People are too greedy to support the kind of revolutionary change that a Ron Paul'esque politician would bring to the country. That sort of presidency and economic model would require huge restraint and responsibility from a more or less stone stupid and greedy populace. In other words, even if it meant a tax/services cut- America doesn't want to live within its means.

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Specifically I'd like to point out that Americans as a whole are at the point were they're incapable of freely understanding whats good for them. Programmed to buy into whats being marketed most effectively. No one runs a campaign like Obama. Those two running mates marketed themselves to the forefront and the best salesman won. They didn't pitch to a better America they pitched themselves as a better option over the other. The two weren't that drastically different.

Secondly Paul was about massively changing the Country and shrinking the government (good luck getting $$$$ backing with that kind of mentality). The second largest shortcoming of Americans is their inability to accept change, enact meaningful change and see the bigger picture.
lol, exactly correct.

He suffers from bad timing, people aren't ready for REAL change....

this video is great: Barack and Paul ...the difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKSfwfy0h8

Barry O'Bama
05-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Because people voted for hope and change!

Summers
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Maybe (and this is just a possibility) people didn't vote for him because he advocated things like completely getting rid of every government agency, and we lazy Americans don't want to inspect our own water and meat.

BacktoBasics
05-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Maybe (and this is just a possibility) people didn't vote for him because he advocated things like completely getting rid of every government agency, and we lazy Americans don't want to inspect our own water and meat.That's quite the stretch.

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I just felt like a vote for Ron Paul was a wasted vote. Of course, as it turned out, my vote for McPain didn't make much difference either...just too many people got fooled by Obama.

Hopefully they will come to their senses and start repairing the damage in the '10 congressional elections before they completely fuck up this country.

Barack Obama
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I just felt like a vote for Ron Paul was a wasted vote. Of course, as it turned out, my vote for McPain didn't make much difference either...just too many people got fooled by Obama.

Hopefully they will come to their senses and start repairing the damage in the '10 congressional elections before they completely fuck up this country.

You got fooled for 8 yrs so stop whining you richer.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
He never properly distanced himself from the racists and nutjobs among his supporters.

Summers
05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
read up

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/

With all due and sincere respect I'm not going to read it, but I did hear him say with his own mouth, he believes any government agency or department that's not explicitly created in the Constitution should be abolished. Regardless of whether or not that would be a wise and safe thing to do, it's flat unrealistic.

Summers
05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
ok you can stop posting in the ron paul thread then

I was just answering the OP's question. But I will leave this thread now. :)

jack sommerset
05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
qlLTu9Kh0no

baseline bum
05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Because the Republican party is strictly about social conservatism. I briefly considered voting him as a write-in, but Palin's stupidity and McCain's talk about bomb-bomb Iran scared me away from that vote. I probably would have voted Paul if he was the Republican nominee though, as he seems to be the only guy in Washington who believes in personal freedoms.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
it's flat unrealistic.that's what all african americans said about an african american president.