PDA

View Full Version : Watching Rome on BSPN right now...

Cry Havoc
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
And Jemele Hill is reminding me that she is one of the most vapid, ignorant analysts in all of sports.

Wow. :wow "The Nuggets are better than the 04 Pistons."

endrity
05-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I am for sex equality, but you don't just put a woman on TV because she is a woman. If she doesn't know shit, than that's an embarasment. But BSPN is more of a show than actual sport reporting anyway.

balli
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
:lol She's so fucking dumb.

Mugen
05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
the 04 pistons would absolutely shut down these nuggets.

any version of the D'Antoni suns would probably beat these nuggets.

the nuggets played a 1 man team in new orleans and a team that doesnt match up well in Dallas. id still take the fakers and even the rockets over them in the west.

Cry Havoc
05-06-2009, 04:02 PM
She's like Bill Walton, except she doesn't realize he was joking when he said ridiculous stuff.

Mugen
05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
She's like Bill Walton, except she doesn't realize he was joking when he said ridiculous stuff.

bill walton is rolling in his grave after that comment!

jacobdrj
05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Cavs over the Nuggets in 6...

These Nuggets are good defenders, and more efficient on offense, but they aren't dominating on either side.

They are very good. Props to C-Bill and his resurgence.

Amaso
05-06-2009, 04:21 PM
It's a shame to compare these Nuggets to those Pistons.

jack sommerset
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
She might be right. Anthony is a stud. Detroit did not have that kind of player and the Nuggets are very very athletic. Pistons beat noone on the way to the Championship and when they got there Shaq and Kobe were acting like cry asses. To early to tell but I think she might be right.

KSeal
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
The Nuggets got lucky and got two eight seeds in the first two rounds. Wait until they get the Rockets or Lakers in the next round, they'll lose in five or six games, I'm positive.

endrity
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
She might be right. Anthony is a stud. Detroit did not have that kind of player and the Nuggets are very very athletic. Pistons beat noone on the way to the Championship and when they got there Shaq and Kobe were acting like cry asses. To early to tell but I think she might be right.

They beat no one???? That was one of the best Eastern Conferences of the decade!! They beat New Jersey in 7, after having to beat them in game 6 at their own place. And then they beat the Pacers, who by the way had the best regular season in the league, and had one of the best defenses as well. Rip was the only guy who consistently scored 20 on Artest that year. Ron was almost impossible to play against that year. Check your memory boy.

jack sommerset
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
They beat no one???? That was one of the best Eastern Conferences of the decade!! They beat New Jersey in 7, after having to beat them in game 6 at their own place. And then they beat the Pacers, who by the way had the best regular season in the league, and had one of the best defenses as well. Rip was the only guy who consistently scored 20 on Artest that year. Ron was almost impossible to play against that year. Check your memory boy.

Checked.....They beat noone.

endrity
05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Well they struggled much more to get out of the East than once they got in the Finals, so I guess the FACTS say otherwise.

jack sommerset
05-06-2009, 04:38 PM
FYI I thought Detroit got the better end of the AI trade when it went down and a couple of months ago I thought the Nuggets would be the odd team out in the Playoffs. They are slowy convincing me they are real good. Again to early to tell but that ho might be right is all I am saying.

JamStone
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Jemele Hill is beyond a moron.

However, as to her comment, if you base it on talent alone, there is an argument. The current Nuggets have to guys whose talent the 2003-04 Pistons could not match in Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith. The Pistons didn't have a guy off the bench the caliber of JR Smith. They had Lindsey Hunter, Mike James, and Corliss Williamson. Corliss wasn't the scoring machine he used to be by 2004 and he didn't even play that much in the playoffs. Plus, while Ben Wallace was still a defensive stud back then, the Nuggets have two guys that offer similar intangibles on defense plus are both better offensively in K-Mart and Chris Andersen. And, moreover, the Nuggets best low post player, Nene, actually plays in the post. As great as Rasheed was for the Pistons that year, he still was a jump shooting big man. When he did go down low, he was pretty effective. But it was still on rare occasions.

Defensively, it isn't even close. Those Pistons could defend up and down the roster from the starters to the bench. They could literally shut teams completely down. And, with respect to chemistry and coaching, the 2004 Pistons have a decided edge as well.

But if you base it on talent alone, there is an argument. But seeing how I just apparently somewhat supported or justified what Jemele Hill said, disregard this entire post.

endrity
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
The Nuggets got the better end of the deal.

04 Pistons would wipe the floor with these Nuggets.

Two separate arguments.

endrity
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Jemele Hill is beyond a moron.

However, as to her comment, if you base it on talent alone, there is an argument. The current Nuggets have to guys whose talent the 2003-04 Pistons could not match in Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith. The Pistons didn't have a guy off the bench the caliber of JR Smith. They had Lindsey Hunter, Mike James, and Corliss Williamson. Corliss wasn't the scoring machine he used to be by 2004 and he didn't even play that much in the playoffs. Plus, while Ben Wallace was still a defensive stud back then, the Nuggets have two guys that offer similar intangibles on defense plus are both better offensively in K-Mart and Chris Andersen. And, moreover, the Nuggets best low post player, Nene, actually plays in the post. As great as Rasheed was for the Pistons that year, he still was a jump shooting big man. When he did go down low, he was pretty effective. But it was still on rare occasions.

Defensively, it isn't even close. Those Pistons could defend up and down the roster from the starters to the bench. They could literally shut teams completely down. And, with respect to chemistry and coaching, the 2004 Pistons have a decided edge as well.

But if you base it on talent alone, there is an argument. But seeing how I just apparently somewhat supported or justified what Jemele Hill said, disregard this entire post.

The Nuggets have no one close to Prince of 04, and while Kmart and Andersen are good defensive big man, let's not compare them with the monster that was Ben Wallace back then.

sook
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM
LMFAO, even talent wise that 04 pistons team was stacked from head to toe. I have rooted for the pistons before i had the rockets and I can tell you that as amazing as billups is right now, he was the much keener back then. The guy could simply just take over games at will. Combined with Rip having one of his best seasons and Ben Wallace enjoying one of his best defensive season...

It isn't even close.

The nuggets this year are scary good, but the pistons tore the lakers a new one in the finals and the season earlier contained the scoring champion who enjoyed one of the best seasons ever when they were down 1-3 .

:lol:lmao

Extra Stout
05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Page 2 has writers so bad it's not even worth the effort to get irritated about it, sort of like WNBA basketball.

JamStone
05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
The Nuggets have no one close to Prince of 04, and while Kmart and Andersen are good defensive big man, let's not compare them with the monster that was Ben Wallace back then.

If you've watched as much of the Pistons as I have, you would know that Prince's effectiveness was directly correlated to how good his teammates were. He never faced a double team on defense, and he was protected defensively by Ben and Rasheed. Prince's play back then was way overrated. The guy was and is pillow soft.

I didn't compare K-Mart or Andersen to Ben Wallace, not even defensively. I said they bring similar intangibles that Ben Wallace brought. And, that's true. Plus there's two of them. Ben obviously was more of a difference maker. I wouldn't take credit away from Ben. He was awesome.

jack sommerset
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
if this nugget team makes the finals i will be a believer, if not then the bitch was wrong.

endrity
05-06-2009, 05:07 PM
If you've watched as much of the Pistons as I have, you would know that Prince's effectiveness was directly correlated to how good his teammates were. He never faced a double team on defense, and he was protected defensively by Ben and Rasheed. Prince's play back then was way overrated. The guy was and is pillow soft.

I didn't compare K-Mart or Andersen to Ben Wallace, not even defensively. I said they bring similar intangibles that Ben Wallace brought. And, that's true. Plus there's two of them. Ben obviously was more of a difference maker. I wouldn't take credit away from Ben. He was awesome.

Yes, I think Prince got exposed a bit over the years. Especially in 05 when Wade first and Ginobili in the Finals attacked him from the top of the key exposing his lack of lateral quickness. However, in 03 and 04 he shut down, with help obviously, the two best scorers in the NBA at the time in TMac and Kobe. Prince obviously had a lot of help behind, and that is why it was hard for people to drive on the Pistons, but his long arms were extremely difficult to shoot over. I can't remember how many times Kobe tried to post him up from the low post and shoot turnaround jumpers on him, only to find it almost impossible.

And to go back to my point, as overrated as Prince might be, the Nuggets have no one close that defensive ability on defense.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Anybody that thinks Jemelle Hill is on ESPN for any other reason than to say outrageous shit for people to talk about doesn't know much about Mother Mouse Ears.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Nuggets aren't that good. Probably the 5th best team in the playoffs right now and 6th best when KG is healthy.

Darthkiller
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
i actually think they might just be better than the 2004 pistons, the 2004 pistosn strugguled to get to the finals with a pretty weak eastern conference. I know they beat a much better laker team but that laker team was on the edge of breaking up anyways. There wasnt any superstar on the 04 piston team, the nuggets got one superstar in melo and the finals mvp on the 04 piston team.

Ghazi
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Melo isn't a superstar.

mingus
05-06-2009, 05:23 PM
this Nuggets team would match up very well with the Pistons for the simple fact that Chauncey Billups of now would know all of the plays of the Pistons ... they have the clear advanatage there , and it think it tips things in the Nuggets favor ...

maybe that's her rationale for saying that :lol ... seriously though , Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace would tear both Kenyon Martin and Nene a new asshole ... Carmello would be a non-factor - it's hard to believe he wouldn't when a guy like Kobe's was ...

the only advantage i see that the Nuggets might have is with J.R. Smith and the rest of the bench ... he would have to go off big time for the Nuggets to even be competitive , but he isn't consistent enough to do it for a whole series .

mingus
05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
also , this "tough" team that the Nuggets peg themselves to be wouldn't fly with the 2004 Pistons ... Rasheed could and would destroy Martin if he tried to pull any of his dirty stuff on him with his offensive talent ... an angry Sheed was just as capable a player on offense as Duncan , and he would put Martin in his place ...

Darthkiller
05-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Melo isn't a superstar.

dude, he averaged like 28 points for a year in like 2007 , you cant say that he is not a superstar.

angelbelow
05-06-2009, 07:10 PM
shes fucking retarded for sure

Amaso
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
dude, he averaged like 28 points for a year in like 2007 , you cant say that he is not a superstar.

It's hard to determine whether Carmelo is in the same category as Kobe, Lebron, or Dwayne Wade. 2 Years ago he was pretty one-dimensional, which might not be his fault cause he was playing with a pretty selfish and undisciplined team. He's a superstar on the offensive end though, I'll give you that.

sribb43
05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
That stupid bitch is right were she should be and thats on ESPN...home of all the people who have no business commenting on the world of sports

So I guess the 09 Nuggets would have beaten the 04 Lakers :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Jacob1983
05-06-2009, 08:34 PM
What a stupid bitch. These Nuggets are not even in the same league as the 2004 Pistons. The 2004 Pistons won the championship and beat the heavily favored Lakers in the Finals that year. What have these Nuggets done? They beat a shitty Chris Paul Hornets team in the 1st round. The Nuggets haven't done shit. If the Nuggets win the championship this year then you might be able to start comparing them to previous champions. This is the same woman that said Kobe is better than Jordan.