PDA

View Full Version : SAISD Swine Flu....

ashbeeigh
05-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for successfully freaking me out San Antonio. if it gets to Lanier I will officially kill myself (I can breathe on Lanier from my office).

http://www.ksat.com/health/19387293/detail.html

SAISD Confirms H1N1 Case At Edison High
School Will Not Close, District Officials Say
POSTED: Wednesday, May 6, 2009
UPDATED: 3:43 pm CDT May 6, 2009

SAN ANTONIO -- There is one confirmed case of the H1N1 flu at Edison High School, but any threat of infection has since passed, according to a news release from the San Antonio Independent School District.

Based on guidelines released Tuesday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, Edison will remain open. District maintenance crews will clean the campus Wednesday evening with students returning to class Thursday, according to the release.

"We want to assure parents that we are taking all necessary precautions, including wiping down all buildings and equipment, and implementing more stringent criteria for readmission of any students or staff with flu-like symptoms or confirmed illness," said Robert Durón, SAISD superintendent, in the release. "We are in constant contact with local health authorities, and are using all information available to guide our course of action and inform our parents, staff and community."

Faculty, students and staff were made aware of the confirmation Wednesday, and parents were contacted by phone. Two informational sessions will be held from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., and 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., at Edison High School.
The city of San Antonio has established a hot line at 210-207-5779. Parents and staff in the SAISD can also contact the district's Student Health Services department at 210-224-1823.

Copyright 2009 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for successfully freaking me out San Antonio. if it gets to Lanier I will officially kill myself (I can breathe on Lanier from my office).

That porky mexican flu bug is gonna jump all over your honky white ass.

Das Texan
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Ya cause this has really been deadly.

JoeChalupa
05-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I heard Schertz was opening back up tomorrow and not waiting until Monday.

ploto
05-06-2009, 05:33 PM
I am glad the panic responses have lessened. There is more regular flu during flu season than this swine flu outbreak.

CubanMustGo
05-06-2009, 05:37 PM
It's a mild flu bug, little to worry about in its current form. If your immune system is compromised, it's of concern, but so is a regular flu bug.

Freakin' Pflugerville ISD says nobody but teachers/students can come into their schools, meaning my wife is getting zero income for private lessons these two weeks (she's officially a 'visitor' despite he fact that all the directors want her and her fellow private teachers to be there), meaning our band can't rehearse there like we always do (paying for the privilege), meaning the people in charge are pinheads.

Slydragon
05-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Where's the damn Swine Flu for dummies book at.

SA210
05-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Trash scare tactics by the media for ratings. :rolleyes

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Trash scare tactics by the media for ratings. :rolleyes

Um, exactly how did I scare anybody with that story?

Nbadan
05-07-2009, 01:56 AM
John gets the flu and the whole school district shuts down for 1.5 weeks..
Jesus gets the flu and the school says the threat has passed....

..typical...

MiamiHeat
05-07-2009, 05:22 AM

i had to change my boxers because of it

thanks a lot.

SpursStalker
05-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life, it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

spursfan09
05-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Edison Bears represent!

My niece goes there :(

ashbeeigh
05-07-2009, 07:58 AM

No one read my sarcasm. You didn't.