PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones, Jr. and Anderson Silva under MMA Rules

oligarchy
05-06-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/6/866680/report-roy-jones-jr-agrees-to

Apparently Dana declined the fight.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Silva is so distracted lately it's not even funny. Even more reason to pick Forrest in their fight..

While i know the obvious point to made is, "Roy is nuts agreeing to MMA rules", Silva would not even take him down. He wants to prove he can outbox the man. He and Roy going in i am sure would have agreed on the side, "This fight stays standing, lets box"

Evan
05-06-2009, 06:47 PM
There is no way this fight happens until Silva proves he gives a sh*t about fighting again

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
There is no way this fight happens until Silva proves he gives a sh*t about fighting again

One min he is talking retirement, the next it is boxing RJJ, now he wants it so bad, he is trying to make it MMA rules. Combined with 2 lackluster outings in a row. I'm telling ya, his head is up his ass right now. Forrest is gonna beat him...

Hooks
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Silva is so distracted lately it's not even funny. Even more reason to pick Forrest in their fight..

While i know the obvious point to made is, "Roy is nuts agreeing to MMA rules", Silva would not even take him down. He wants to prove he can outbox the man. He and Roy going in i am sure would have agreed on the side, "This fight stays standing, lets box"

Silva is an absolute fool if he tries to box RJJ in the octagon, even at 40 years old and way the hell past his prime he'd KO Silva. Especially with those 4 ounce gloves, RJJ's speed would be a hell of a lot faster and his power would increase dramatically. I know from experience, RJJ fights with 10 ounce gloves while in MMA he'd be fighting with 4 ounce gloves, I've tried out 4 ounce gloves and damn I can punch way harder and faster with them.

Evan
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Silva is an absolute fool if he tries to box RJJ in the octagon, even at 40 years old and way the hell past his prime he'd KO Silva. Especially with those 4 ounce gloves, RJJ's speed would be a hell of a lot faster and his power would increase dramatically. I know from experience, RJJ fights with 10 ounce gloves while in MMA he'd be fighting with 4 ounce gloves, I've tried out 4 ounce gloves and damn I can punch way harder and faster with them.

Muay Thai Clinch

game over.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 09:12 PM

I agree that Silva is nuts here but that is exactly how it would go down. Silva would look like a total jack-ass if he took down Jones and Sub'd him because the fight wasn't going well. He's wanted to box RJJ forever.. If this happens they will have a hand-shake deal going in "It stays up we box". Silva preaches about Honor in Martial Arts, he'd honor that deal.. Dana should make this happen. It'd be fun to see.

dallaskd
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Muay Thai Clinch

game over.

+1

Silva would knee his face to death.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
+1

Silva would knee his face to death.

LOL, Okay and this is impressive HOW??

Silva one of the best MMA fighters ever uses non-boxing tactics, to beat a pro-boxer

Yeah that's something Anderson.. :lol

Evan
05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
LOL, Okay and this is impressive HOW??

Silva one of the best MMA fighters ever uses non-boxing tactics, to beat a pro-boxer

Yeah that's something Anderson.. :lol

Thats exactly the point

Its just that..people would make a deal about it but there really isn't much about it that makes sense.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Thats exactly the point

Its just that..people would make a deal about it but there really isn't much about it that makes sense.

The fight itself, makes sense? What i said above is exactly how it would go down. If Silva thinks he can outbox RJJ, lets see it..