PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect: Ludovic Vaty

Bruno
05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/equipe/20072008/Ludovic_Vaty_pics_Christian_Gout.jpg

Height: 6-9
Weight: 245 lbs
Birthday: 11/21/1988
Current team: Orléans (France)
Nationality: France

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ludovic-Vaty-540/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ludovic-vaty)

He is a solid player with a limited upside. He could end up as a soldi role player in the NBA. Spurs knows him very well since he was Mahinmi's teammate in 06-07.

Bruno
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
BTW, the picture has been chosen carefully. ;)

Brazil
05-06-2009, 06:24 PM
BTW, the picture has been chosen carefully. ;)

Scola ?

so he will be eligible this year ? Do you have an idea at what seed he will be picked ?

Bruno
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
so he will be eligible this year ? Do you have an idea at what seed he will be picked ?

He is automatically eligible next year. This year, he has entered in the draft but can withdraw his name.
If he stays in the draft this year, he should be a late second round pick or be undrafted. The most likely case is that he withdraw his name.

Brazil
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
^Thanks Bruno. I've seen him playing in France he is very raw but dude the guy is a beast with long long arms.

timvp
05-06-2009, 08:50 PM
How the heck are their so many NBA prospects from Guadeloupe? That island is pretty sparsely populated. I've been there and I never even saw a basketball hoop. Does France have some sort of underground basketball manufacturing shop there are something? :lol

Brazil
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
^^ lol it's true France has a lot of athletes coming from Guadeloupe but also Martinique Réunion etc...

Some athletes: diagana / Marie Jose Perec / Christine Aron / R Pognon / Lilian Thuram / Marius Tresor / Gael Monfis / W Gallas / The TP buddy Thierry Henry / Wiltord / Abidal / Malia Métélla / Hurtis / Raquil / Sangouma / (my favorite name: Trouabal)

Playing BB: Turiaf / M Pietrus / Petro / F Pietrus / Gelabale

I certainly forgot a lot of them. I think there is something in the water... more seriously they have just natural athletic quality like Cuban or Jamaican

Russ
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
How the heck are their so many NBA prospects from Guadeloupe? That island is pretty sparsely populated. I've been there and I never even saw a basketball hoop.

I've been to Argentina and saw maybe one hoop way out in the sticks. None in Buenos Aires.

And they won the bleeping Gold Medal.:wow

timvp
05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
^^ lol it's true France has a lot of athletes coming from Guadeloupe but also Martinique Réunion etc...

Some athletes: diagana / Marie Jose Perec / Christine Aron / R Pognon / Lilian Thuram / Marius Tresor / Gael Monfis / W Gallas / The TP buddy Thierry Henry / Wiltord / Abidal / Malia Métélla / Hurtis / Raquil / Sangouma / (my favorite name: Trouabal)

I certainly forgot a lot of them. I think there is something in the water... more seriously they have just natural athletic quality like Cuban or Jamaican

You forgot to mention a country :wakeup

Bruno
05-06-2009, 09:36 PM
There is a good scouting structure in Guadeloupe. When they detect a young player (around 16 years old) with upside, he is send in metropolitan France to learn the game.

Now there is also the athletic factor. White men can't jump...

mountainballer
05-07-2009, 04:41 AM

uh, the answer is pretty easy and it's not the water.
it's the result of a "success story" of a perverted and cruel trade system of slaves from about 1500 to 1800.
the rapid decline of the native population in the new world and on the Caribbean islands (because of European diseases) caused a labor shortage and the Spaniards started to use African slaves to compensate for this. (then Britain, France and the Netherlands did the same)
they preferred Slaves from the ethnic groups of the Igbo, Yoruba and Akan from West Africa, because they had a reputation of being strong and resistant.
and then the "market" did the remaining selection. the best price was payed for a healthy, big and strong young man, so those type of men were already favoured picked in Africa before they shipped them to the new world. there was even a kind of a Currency established and they talked about "one piece of slave" which way used for a healthy young man of at least 5'11''.
most Caribbean people are descendants of this often "hand picked" African slaves and the reason, why an above average number of the todays population has this above average athletic ability, is this process.

Brazil
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
You forgot to mention a country :wakeup

:lol yeah I forgot Virgin Islands ! my bad.

mathbzh
05-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Season over for Vaty with a 21 pts/14 rbds/4ast (and 6TO) game in a loss against Besançon.

His team finished last in the Pro A and will play in Pro B next year.

Vaty had a good season (12 pts(56%FG)/8rbds in 27 minutes).

I don't know how to evaluate his NBA potential, but he is very strong, rather athletic, has long arms.

Bruno
03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
:)

benefactor
03-05-2010, 06:32 PM
So what's the book on this kid? Has his game progressed?

Bruno
03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
So what's the book on this kid? Has his game progressed?

He has signed this year with a better team in France and is having a solid season. He is nothing special but the fact that he can be stashed in Europe for years make him a good candidate for a late second round pick.