Bruno
05-06-2009, 06:00 PM
http://jugones.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/rickyrubio.jpg

Height: 6-4
Weight: 180 lbs
Birthday: 10/21/1990
Current team: DKV Joventut (Spain)
Nationality: Sapnish

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Rubio-1155/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ricky-rubio)

#37 is too high to draft him. Maybe at #51 or #53.

DPG21920
05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
#37 is too high to draft him. Maybe at #51 or #53.

What? You think he will fall to the second round?

tp2021
05-06-2009, 06:04 PM
:lol NBAdraft.net has a huge-ass section of his strengths, which look like someone rambling on and on about him being the best PG ever. Then look under weaknesses, and...his assist to turnover ratio needs work. :lol

DPG21920
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Draft express has him going at #2 in the first round.

Bruno
05-06-2009, 06:08 PM

I thought the green font wasn't needed for my comment. :depressed

timvp
05-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Lighten up, bro. Anything bothering you? :)

timvp
05-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Seriously though, I think Rubio is going to be good but I'm not 100% sold. He has a damn low release on his set shot three-pointer. Fantastic instincts but he could have trouble if defenders are able to back way off and still contest his outside shot.

That said, he's no doubt going to be a fun player to watch in the NBA. He'll sell tickets by the thousands.

DPG21920
05-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I thought the green font wasn't needed for my comment. :depressed

Lighten up, bro. Anything bothering you? :)

wkcoobYUu8g

rayray2k8
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Isn't Rubio gonna go high in the draft?
Might as well add in Blake. lol

Sportspolymath
05-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Ricky Rubio is going to be great, check out this writeup.

http://sportspolymath.typepad.com/sportspolymath/2009/04/nba-draft-profile-ricky-rubio.html

Darko
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Ok, a watched Ricky Rubio play numerous of times. Watched him live, watched him TV. Don't get me wrong, i think he is a good player, quick hands, nice defense, decent shot, but OMG i was so surprised when i saw that he's forthcoming 2nd pick in the draft. Again OMG! You still think Darko Milicic or Kwame Brown are mistakes? Just wait and see. He is ready for NBA maybe in 5 years.. Every USA guard in the first round is better pick than him. Spaniards would hate me for writing this, but to make up for this, i'm a big Pau Gasol fan! :)

ata
05-29-2009, 04:33 AM
Ok, a watched Ricky Rubio play numerous of times. Watched him live, watched him TV. Don't get me wrong, i think he is a good player, quick hands, nice defense, decent shot, but OMG i was so surprised when i saw that he's forthcoming 2nd pick in the draft. Again OMG! You still think Darko Milicic or Kwame Brown are mistakes? Just wait and see. He is ready for NBA maybe in 5 years.. Every USA guard in the first round is better pick than him. Spaniards would hate me for writing this, but to make up for this, i'm a big Pau Gasol fan! :)

Exactly my thoughts.

Libri
05-30-2009, 05:53 PM
The Knicks want Rubio and they offered their 8th pick and Quentin Richardson for the Grizzlies' 2th pick and Darko Milicic. The Grizzlies rejected the offer.

The Sacramento Kings are trying to move up a spot to get him. The Kings offered thier 4th pick and Jason Thompson for the Thunder's third pick.

http://www.marca.com/2009/05/30/baloncesto/nba/1243701949.html

EricB
05-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Ricky Rubio is gonna be the next Khalid Reeves.

lots of hype and nothing to back it up.

It will be a weak example for jackass Dick Vitale to point to saying "The American kids are better, picking euros is stupid baby!"

Halberto
06-01-2009, 05:42 AM
From the highlights I've seen, he looks like Brent Barry but a better defender

Kibic
06-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Look, he played for Spanish Olympic team against USA stars.... It was not an easy win for USA. Of coarse he could play in NBA.

Very similar USA team was beaten few years ago by Greek national team and they even never heard the names of any Greek player by then. NBA players are good players with no lower sense for team work. They are just humans.

rascal
06-01-2009, 06:05 AM
He will be a bust if he is taken with the 2nd pick. He doesn't have enough quickness and his outside shot is still suspect so that makes for a very average nba guard not worthy of the 2nd pick.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-01-2009, 06:16 AM
The Sacramento Kings are trying to move up a spot to get him. The Kings offered thier 4th pick and Jason Thompson for the Thunder's third pick.

Not a bad deal for Thunder at all. Wonder why Kings think Rubio will be there after Memphis's pick though. Or maybe they're after someone else.

Chieflion
06-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Not a bad deal for Thunder at all. Wonder why Kings think Rubio will be there after Memphis's pick though. Or maybe they're after someone else.
Not possible. Thompson is going to be with Kings for quite some time.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Not possible. Thompson is going to be with Kings for quite some time.

That'd be my guess too, unless they're really high on Jordan Hill, for example. The rumoured deal is highly unlikely IMO.

loveforthegame
06-01-2009, 01:50 PM
The Kings will not give up Jason Thompson for Rubio. Not going to happen.

Stump
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
DraftExpress has Rubio going to Sacramento with the fourth pick. Of course, these mock drafts are made with the assumption that there are no trades, and I think if Memphis is going to pass on Rubio to avoid the mess, they might as well trade the pick to get something substantial for it.

Libri
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Grizzlies expect Ricky Rubio visit for workout
Spanish guard reportedly plans U.S. trip as soon as next week
By Ronald Tillery (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio indeed comes to the America and visits NBA teams before the draft, the Grizzlies expect to be part of the tour.

The 18-year-old's plans are still foreign to Griz general manager Chris Wallace, but several media outlets say Rubio and his family are scheduled to board a flight June 13 bound for the United States.

There are Internet and Spanish reports that contend Rubio would skip Memphis and visit only Los Angeles, Oklahoma City and Sacramento -- teams that own the first, third and fourth picks.

Wallace, though, said Monday afternoon that no one from Rubio's camp has indicated the Spaniard would bypass Memphis -- owners of the No. 2 overall selection.

"I don't have anything set up. But it's open-ended. If he's in the country, we definitely want him here," said Wallace, who is seriously considering selecting Rubio with the Grizzlies' lottery pick in the June 25 draft.

Wallace isn't putting stock in speculation about a Rubio visit to the U.S. -- he'll await definitive word from the player's representatives.

"All of that remains to be seen," Wallace said. "Nothing is set right now."

Rubio's intentions have been widely reported through sources since the draft lottery unfolded last month. The teenage point guard hasn't been quoted with any opinion about possibly landing in Memphis. Nor has Rubio's U.S. agent, Dan Fegan, publicly demanded the Griz not select his client.

Wallace also insists that his separate meetings with Fegan (in Los Angeles) and Rubio (in Barcelona) were "cordial" and "productive."

The next meeting between Rubio and his ACB League team, DKV Joventut, will likely take on a different tone regarding a contract between the parties.

Rubio reportedly notified DKV Joventut on Monday that he wanted to terminate a deal that would require a $6.6 million buyout for him to play in the NBA. Rubio is scheduled to earn just $175,000 next season with DKV Joventut.

"The (buyout) clauses are disproportionate to his salary -- abusive clauses," Rubio's father, Esteban, told ESPN.com. "We want to know, if he really left, whether or not he'd have to pay these amounts. It's fair for DKV Joventut to get paid a certain amount of money, but what they want to collect is out of proportion with what Ricky earns."

Rubio apparently hasn't filed a lawsuit and instead has asked for an arbitration hearing.

A favorable decision for Rubio would mean he could play in the NBA with no baggage. Rubio could decide to stay in Spain if an arbitrator rules that the buyout is reasonable.

Meanwhile, the Griz still are entertaining offers for the No. 2 pick as well as their 27th and 36th selections.

As the rumor mill churns, the Griz have been approached by several teams about acquiring the second overall pick. Boston, Houston and New York are said to be among the most recent suitors.

Boston and Houston would likely have to offer an established NBA player or two, given that neither team owns a first-round pick. New York owns the eighth pick and likely would want to move up for the opportunity to take Rubio.

Tip-ins: Griz brass conducted a pre-draft workout Monday with prospects that will be considered for their 27th and 36th picks. Chris Johnson (LSU), Josh Carter (Texas A&M), Wes Matthews (Marquette), Stefon Jackson (UTEP), Garrett Temple (LSU) participated. Jackson was asked to return today for a workout that will include former University of Memphis guard Antonio Anderson.

The Griz will conduct a second free-agent camp June 15-17 in FedExForum.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/09/griz-expect-rubio-visit-for-workout/

Spursfanfromafar
06-09-2009, 11:41 PM
The kid is EIGHTEEN years old. Give him some time and he will live upto expectations.

ceds
06-10-2009, 06:22 AM
I know a big time talent when i see it and this kid is somthing else...

Maybe he cant score consistantly on the NBA level and he will struggle to defend quick point guards but for an 18 year old he shows no fear whatsoever and is definately a leader.

Im not exactly sure how to describe his game but he has that same 'somthing' to his game that guys like bird / kidd / manu bring to a team.

Very rare type of talent and he will be a winner when its all said and done