PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 100

Pages : 1 [2]

robbie380
07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice first showing by Akiyama. He seems to be very technically sound. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of his Judo. He looks like he needs to work on his cardio and keeping his hands up though. If they do not cut weight in Japan like it was mentioned, he might want to think about dropping down to 170.

i agree 100%. he definitely belongs in the ufc but he has to drop to 170. belcher was just so much bigger than him and it was almost an unfair fight due to the size disadvantage. i thought akiyama looked really good and it was a close match. i feel that his take down to side control in the last 30 seconds won him the fight. also, i felt his striking was much more precise and i felt like he controlled the fight pretty well. i didn't see a replay to confirm the eye poke but i think if he doesn't get poked/whatever happened to his eye then he is able to finish off the much bigger belcher.

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
He's just completely filling his role. Tito is the only person I can think of (Tito/K Shamrock) that played a real heel.

Roles. That's the problem. Fighters don't need to play a role to sell fights. If everyone tried to play a role, the UFC would surely turn into a WWE circus.

You brought up the Tito/Shamrock feud. That was so contrived, especially on Shamrock's part. The worst part is that the fights didn't even live up to the hype at all.

djohn14
07-12-2009, 02:04 PM
So no Jon Jones?

jackseven
07-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow.. people bitching about Lesnar, there's a new one.

There's nothing worse than all the pre-fight hype where people pretend to hate each other (Penn & Sherk is prime example), then they want to make out after the fight. I don't care if you believe that is class, that is more BS than what Brock is pulling. Lesnar is selling fights and keeping it going. He isn't pretending to be a bad guy and then being the nice guy in the same sentence. He's just completely filling his role. Tito is the only person I can think of (Tito/K Shamrock) that played a real heel.

Thank You.

jackseven
07-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Um, you're the bitch. I like Lesnar, but it's more about being an MMA fan for me. I like watching great fights. I think Herb is a subpar official in the UFC, and has a problem resetting matches, and missed the boat again last night.

I said what I said about Lesnar because he was a douche last night. I was a fan of his until I saw how he acted after the fight was over. Act like you've been there.

The 'roid rage thing was tongue in cheek/beer, but the fact remains he was an asshole after the fight. You can spin his post-fight actions any way you want, but from trying to get in Frank's face to flipping off the crowd to him talking shit about Mir when Mir submitted his ass last time they fought, Lesnar was plain and simple a little bitch last night.

You either love him or you hate him.

I will say though that you're right. After the fight Lesnar had a lot of apologizing to do. Dana White gave him a tongue lashing and he sounded regretful.

I loved it though. Seemed like more of a fight-fight where the guy genuinely doesn't like the other. And Lesnar even said some it was entertainment ala WWE, but a lot of that was pent up frustration. The guy couldn't even watch the submission in an interview.

UFC for as rivalries as it creates has created a culture where everybody kisses and makes up after the fight. I like some genuine bitterness and grudge holding.

TheTruth
07-12-2009, 04:50 PM
So no Jon Jones?

There's this now that the kids are using to find stuff on the internets. Google.com

djohn14
07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
There's this now that the kids are using to find stuff on the internets. Google.com
So aware of that...and when I type in Jon JonesJake O' Brien video half the shit that comes up either has viruses or the video was taken down....So once again, does anyone have a Jon Jones video?

oligarchy
07-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Roles. That's the problem. Fighters don't need to play a role to sell fights. If everyone tried to play a role, the UFC would surely turn into a WWE circus.

You brought up the Tito/Shamrock feud. That was so contrived, especially on Shamrock's part. The worst part is that the fights didn't even live up to the hype at all.

It's part of the business. Whether you like it or not, it's going to continue to happen. WWE wasn't the first to promote fights in this way, boxing has had it's shares of 'self-promoters'. Muhammed Ali anyone?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Lesnar doing what he did. People used to thrash the WWE for being fake. Well theres a reason people watched knowing it was fake. The entertainment. The drama, the emotion.

So now we got all that fluff, attached to REAL fighting. What is there to bitch about? Sounds like an awesome fight I missed out on.

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 08:51 PM
It's part of the business. Whether you like it or not, it's going to continue to happen.

I don't think its been a prevalent part of this business in the past, but moving forward, you may be right. If that happens, I'm afraid like the sport will regress back to this type of fan base.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/KidNotorious/MMA/454fcb1934a57460582101.gif

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Got damn! Just started watching the show from last night and Hendo's two KO punches were just brutal.

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/347fcpl.jpg

oligarchy
07-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't think its been a prevalent part of this business in the past, but moving forward, you may be right. If that happens, I'm afraid like the sport will regress back to this type of fan base.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/KidNotorious/MMA/454fcb1934a57460582101.gif

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/1016.jpg

djohn14
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/347fcpl.jpg

nice!

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM

You realize that was a joke, right? Edit: Dumb question, I'm sure you did.

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 09:43 PM
What's not a joke is the just bleed guy (James Lander) is in a Mississippi jail until 2012.

http://www.mma-extreme.com/images/just_bleed_03.jpg

:lol

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 09:48 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5938/princecharles.jpg

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 09:48 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2gxhhzb.jpg

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
http://tnation.tmuscle.com/forum_images/5/7/572dc-bisgib1.gif

benefactor
07-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I agree because I thought the way Lesnar acted was pathetic. Will Lesnar's antics bring a lot of new fans into MMA? Maybe. Is that good for the sport? Not in my opinion. But if all the UFC cares about is making money, this question really doesn't matter.

I am into MMA because of the fighting. I find the hype/controversial ploys to be silly and boring. I like fighters like GSP or Machida who don't feel like they need antics to further their careers. They exude professionalism, and that can only help the image of MMA.

Of course, if the UFC gets a lot of new fans because of Lesnar, fans who love the WWE and buy into to all of this antics bullshit, you won't hear the UFC complain. It's all about the $$. But I know I'd like the UFC a lot less if more fighters acted like the classless piece of shit that Lesnar is.

That being said, I don't deny that Lesnar has talent and fighting ability. I just hope that Dana can sign Fedor after his last fight with Affliction so he can annihilate Lesnar.
This sums my feelings on it pretty well. I didn't like it when Ortiz did it and I don't care for it now. TBQH, I didn't even buy this event for the Lesnar fight. I bought it to watch GSP and Henderson.

Lesnar will sell tickets and PPV's, because some people want the soap opera. That doesn't make him an elite fighter. The fact of the matter is that being the UFC heavyweight champion is not a hard thing to do and has not been hard for quite some time. Just look at past champions Arlovsky and Silvia. Both guys were dumped by Fedor with very little resistance...and I have little doubt that Fedor could do the same to Lesnar.

I am a purist. I like watching guys from different backgrounds and different disciplines come together and duke it out and gain respect for the fighting style they represent. A guy I work with is a Kyokushin guy just like GSP. It's cool seeing the look in his eyes and the sense of pride he exudes when talking about the success of GSP and how much GSP credits his success to the time he spent training in Kyokushin. You get the feel off him that he sees GSP as a representation of something he cares about and is deeply committed to. IMO...this is what the heart of MMA is all about.

But hey, if some of you want to watch some brainless retard spit at the camera and flip off the fans the go right ahead. I won't be paying for anymore cards he is a part of...that is...unless he is fighting Fedor. :)

cornbread
07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
I just saw the Coleman vs. Bonnar fight, Coleman dominated. And amazingly enough, he didn't gas. Maybe we'll get to see the Hammer in action again.

polandprzem
07-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Stand them up?

wtf? Was that a mix of boxing and grounpouding? Not MMA?

Dan was great :D

Superb Card from top to bottom.
Intresting was that Alves did not gassed down - this guy is a freak. Losing so much pounds for the weigh-ins...

I think next opponent can be a Fitch - if he is going to be dominated once again then GSP will move up for one fight in the middleweight like silva did going to fight Forest.
Just for the challange

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Stand them up?

wtf? Was that a mix of boxing and grounpouding? Not MMA?

Dan was great :D

Superb Card from top to bottom.
Intresting was that Alves did not gassed down - this guy is a freak. Losing so much pounds for the weigh-ins...

I think next opponent can be a Fitch - if he is going to be dominated once again then GSP will move up for one fight in the middleweight like silva did going to fight Forest.
Just for the challange

Screw Alves and his steroid using ass, I'm so glad he lost.

polandprzem
07-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Screw Alves and his steroid using ass, I'm so glad he lost.

U R so weak

Is he the only one with steroid use?

You all should take a lessons. There is no such thing as roid rage btw. you are an ass or you are not. If you will get bigger and have more testereon you are just a bigger ass.

IX_Equilibrium
07-13-2009, 08:47 AM
There is no such thing as roid rage btw. you are an ass or you are not. If you will get bigger and have more testereon you are just a bigger ass.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/27/health/webmd/main2989475.shtml

In an interview with WebMD, Gary Wadler, MD, answered questions about 'roid rage and anabolic steroids, which are synthetic substances related to male sex hormones.

Wadler is a clinical associate professor of medicine at New York University's medical school. He is also a spokesman for the American College of Sports Medicine, a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency, and the author of the textbook, Drugs and the Athlete.

What is 'roid rage?

'Roid rage, in many ways, I would characterize as a form of loss of impulse control. It provokes overreactions via a stimulus that normally doesn't produce such a severe reaction.

So say somebody says something to you that you don't like. You may put your fist through a wall. The impulse is there; it's overreaction. Forget the 'roid, for the moment. It's a rage ... and that rage is precipitated by the brain being exposed to anabolic steroids.

robbie380
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
U R so weak

You all should take a lessons. There is no such thing as roid rage btw. you are an ass or you are not. If you will get bigger and have more testereon you are just a bigger ass.

you ever taken steriods or the supplements that basically metabolize into them?

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
U R so weak

WTF are you talking about? I didn't say he was the only one who used them, and I don't like others that have (E.g., Bonnar, BigFoot Silva, etc.). I'm sure there's more than what is reported, but that doesn't make it better or more tolerable. Also, what the hell did I say about roid rage? That's right, NOTHING. Where the hell did that come from? Just because you love juicers, doesn't mean I have to. I'm glad his usage didn't gain him an advantage. I hope his testicles shrivel up and his hair continues to dissipate.

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 10:49 AM
ok guys no need to get all up on each other. There is no proof Alves has juiced or not so till then he is innocent. Unless I missed something here. He is ripped but not really big so its possible its natural. Lets hug it out and all rejoice in "the count" getting knocked the fuck out hahahaha.

IX_Equilibrium
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
I want a gif of Bisbing's pathetic takedown attempt of Henderson. That was too funny :lol

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I want a gif of Bisbing's pathetic takedown attempt of Henderson. That was too funny :lol

LOL yeah it was funny when Rogan made fun of him when he tried that.

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I cant wait for a Bobby Lashley Vs Brock fight

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM
ok guys no need to get all up on each other. There is no proof Alves has juiced or not so till then he is innocent. Unless I missed something here. He is ripped but not really big so its possible its natural. Lets hug it out and all rejoice in "the count" getting knocked the fuck out hahahaha.

Alves was busted for Spironolactone. Yes, it's a diuretic, but it's not even the best diuretic to use for cutting water weight. He not a post-op trangender either. It was used for masking steroid use.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/1949/thiago-alves-suspended-eight-months-fined-5500-by-nsac.mma

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Alves was busted for Spironolactone. Yes, it's a diuretic, but it's not even the best diuretic to use for cutting water weight. He not a post-op trangender either. It was used for masking steroid use.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/1949/thiago-alves-suspended-eight-months-fined-5500-by-nsac.mma

Ok well roids or not he got his ass kicked by the superior athlete.

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Yup, and that's why I said I was glad.

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Yup, and that's why I said I was glad.

LOL i know i was just trying to make peace around here. Dont want anyone to get mad and leave :).

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesome trip…had a blast. The event was great. More later…still haven’t even taken pics off the camera.

Fuck Lesnar. Fedor would put him in a body bag.

Fedor would certainly test his chin and if Lesnar did manage to get on top we’d see if he could keep his arm from getting taken off by the best HW in the business off his back…

Brock would PIMP FakeDor.
Why is FakeDor in a FAKE organization? Why won't he fight any true top comp?

Vaj....like his fans.......

One of the classiest and sportsman-like guys in MMA is a vaj? Makes perfect sense... :lol

and his last 2 opponents were top 5 HW's (when he fought them) and his next opponent in 3 weeks is also (#2 actually). What other HW can say that? Uhhhhhhhh…Brock? :lol

You make ZERO sense, as always…congratulations!

I have never ever bought a PPV but I bought this one just so I could see Brock Lesnar beat the fuck out of Mir and that is exactly what happened. Worth every damn penny. For those of you who missed it, here is what happened:

I loved this fight so much. Best fight I've ever seen. I was pulling for Brock so much and was celebrating when he won.

The big question is who can even stand in the ring with Brock. Right now I don't think there's an answer. Couture and Sylvia come to mind but they would get murdered.

Awesome card! UFC 100 lived up to 1000% of the hype!

Glad you ordered the event and were happy with it…

But if Lesnar – Mir was the “best” fight you’ve ever seen, you have a lot of catching up to do. It was barely competitive and the ground work was nothing more than Lesnar over-powering Mir. The event as a whole was solid, but there have been better cards overall in the last couple years.

Lesnar already beat Couture, so no. Sylvia? Doubtful, since he’s pushing 350 lbs now and not training…

You need to look up the #1 HW in the world, Fedor.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5dexa_new-fedor-emelianenko-hl-by-zentar_sport

But as far as who is in the UFC right now, I want to see Carwin (better striker than Lesnar and can probably fend off his takedowns fairly well), Dos Santos, and Cain Velasquez.

Herb fucked up. He should have stood them up (I guess the solid minute where the crowd was chanting 'stand them up' wasn't enough for him to pull his head out of his ass, but then again that's not the first time Herb has sat around while nothing happened on the ground for too long)

A fight will rarely get stood-up from half-guard…especially when the guy on top is still on the offensive. The crowd (who hated Lesnar from the get go) of course wanted it stood up, but that doesn’t mean it was the right call.

Herb is about the best they have right now. Lavigne and Mazagatti especially have f’d up a bunch in the last couple years.

They need Big John back, but he hates Dana…

LMAO…Lawlor’s entrance was genius. Need to find a video of it. I wish they would’ve had time to show his quick choke-out of CB. His post fight interview with Rogan was funny too.

I just saw the Coleman vs. Bonnar fight, Coleman dominated. And amazingly enough, he didn't gas. Maybe we'll get to see the Hammer in action again.

Coleman was pretty damn tired when the 2nd round started. If Bonnar hadn’t gotten stupid and thrown the spinning back kick and gotten taken down, he might’ve finished it then. Coleman’s punches were in slow motion. He could salvage enough energy to shoot occasionally and then stay on top, but that was about it. Bonnar = WTF!! The crowd turned pro-Coleman fairly quickly in that fight…

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Thoughts on the fights..

Bisping got KTFO, yes thank you GOD!! He's such a douche and Hendo has a lot left he proved it in this fight.. Bisping is more about good marketing by the UFC then being a great fighter, always has been..

GSP= MMA GOD!! My boy gets it done again, sorry DJOHN. :lol:lol

Alves is gonna badly outstrike him huh, yeah i don't think so.. Nobody can match his pace, wrestling and overall versatility. What's left for him at 170 i have not got a clue? Might be time to move up. Anyone know about his injury status??

Brock is an animal.. Get to the post fight antics in a minute. he dismantled Mir like he was a little kid out there. That was a viscious beating on the ground, this guy hits so hard and his wrestling is so good. Seriously when he gets chest on chest like that, he's so big and strong, you are a sitting duck for big shots from the top. Who's beating him, i don't know, bring on Fedor.. :lol

Post fight, yeah it was over the top but Brock knows what he is doing. Flipping off the crowd, shit talking Mir, enjoying the boos, all calculated. I'm sure Dana was pissed, he bashed the sponsor and he took heat for that but Dana going around today saying he was embarassed LOL, yeah right. Is this the same Dana that once called a female reporter who wrote a negative article about the UFC a "Dumb bitch" and her anonymous source a "coward and a faggot"?? Brock is selling tickets like crazy and the UFC loves it. Love him or hate him, you are watching him..

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Anyone want to make a side bet on the Mir Vs. Brock fight? Am I the only one taking Mir? I will wager 20 bucks via paypal to anyone that wants in.

I'll pm you my payapl address :toast

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah Brocks post fight was over the top but come on you know they want him to put on his wrestling persona. The guy has been on the mic too much not to know what to say. He is money for the UFC and has proven that he is the real deal unlike Kimbo. Im sure he got in trouble for the bud light comment but I thought that was hilarious. He even got some cheers for some of his comments. He is great for the sport and anyone who says other wise truly doesnt get it.

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Need to find a video of it. I wish they would’ve had time to show his quick choke-out of CB. His post fight interview with Rogan was funny too.

They showed a quick clip of it. Lawlor cracks me up. His pre-fight interviews are funny as hell. He said he was going to have a good ring entrance and some music that suited CB. Do you know what song he came into the ring with?

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I could have intercourse with Mir, seriously. If he loses, I might just have to cut my face off.

Wait until you paypal me my $20 before you do that... :lol

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
They showed a quick clip of it. Lawlor cracks me up. His pre-fight interviews are funny as hell. He said he was going to have a good ring entrance and some music that suited CB. Do you know what song he came into the ring with?

Who let the dogs out...

and he had a leash with Seth Petruzelli (the guy that KO'd Kimbo) on it...pink hair and all. The leash was attached to a dog bone, which Seth had in his mouth. I'll find it...

tlongII
07-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm a little confused. Were there more fights shown on the PPV after the Mir-Lesnar match? I left immediately after Lesnar KO'd Mir thinking that was the end of the show?

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 12:03 PM
He is great for the sport and anyone who says other wise truly doesnt get it.

Doesn't get it at all. I'm not saying he is a sweetheart of a human being, but he is playing it up big time and it's working..

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Danzig - Miller bloodbath
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Mac_Danzig_vs_Jim_Miller_UFC_100?vid=10005566&tid=100

Jones - O'Brien
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Jon_Jones_vs_Jake_O_Brien_UFC_100?vid=10005565&tid=100

Bonnar - Coleman
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Stephan_Bonnar_vs_Mark_Coleman_UFC_100?vid=100055 64&tid=100

CB - Lawlor (post fight interview included, but not the walk-in)
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_CB_Dollaway_vs_Tom_Lawlor_UFC_100?vid=10005563&tid=100

Gugerty - Grice
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Matt_Grice_vs_Shannon_Gugerty_UFC_100?vid=1000556 2&tid=100

Fitch - Thiago
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Jon_Fitch_vs_Paulo_Thiago_UFC_100?vid=10005561&tid=100

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm a little confused. Were there more fights shown on the PPV after the Mir-Lesnar match? I left immediately after Lesnar KO'd Mir thinking that was the end of the show?

Thiago and Fitch was right after, and that was it for the PPV.

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Leo the Danzig fight didnt load

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Fitch's fight was the "swing fight"...it would've been before the main event if they had time (usually do), but it ended up being after. It was a boring fight and the fans were filtering out as it went on...

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Doesn't get it at all. I'm not saying he is a sweetheart of a human being, but he is playing it up big time and it's working..

Yeah I agree. He is reviving the dead HW div. It really hasnt been good for several years and hopefully if he continues to smash opponents that will lure fedor over. Fedor vs Brock has now become the dream fight that fedor vs couture was.

Evan
07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/29g20c3.jpg

Evan
07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/51t30i.jpg

Evan
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll70/striketeam-ls/Hendo.jpg

LEONARD
Leo the Danzig fight didnt load

Try this download...

http://rapidshare.com/files/255134707/DanzigMiller0100_1500.wmv

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM

who is that??

ATRAIN
Try this download...

http://rapidshare.com/files/255134707/DanzigMiller0100_1500.wmv

sweet ill try at home

dbreiden83080
Fedor vs Brock has now become the dream fight that fedor vs couture was.

100% agree. Brock wins a few more fights like this and the demand for Brock and Fedor will be through the roof. The money to be made will be so big, both parties, i would hope would have no choice but to cut a deal. Lesner is a ticket selling machine, period..

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
So who do you guys think is next for Brock.......Carwin.......Cain?

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM

I saw them walking around the casino Friday night...wish I'd stopped Seth to get a pic...

tlongII
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM

That is freaking hilarious! :lmao

Evan
07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
So who do you guys think is next for Brock.......Carwin.......Cain?

Carwin for sure. He is farther along than Cain.

Carwin on Brock..

"I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock’s reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana.

The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn’t matter how much money you make if you can’t earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn’t matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose.

Every autograph I give, every hand I shake I am thankful that you give me the opportunity to be a part of your world. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it.

From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them."

Evan
07-13-2009, 12:30 PM

I saw them walking around the casino Friday night...wish I'd stopped Seth to get a pic...

would have been epic!

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Carwin for sure. He is farther along than Cain.

Carwin on Brock..

"I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock’s reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana.

The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn’t matter how much money you make if you can’t earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn’t matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose.

Every autograph I give, every hand I shake I am thankful that you give me the opportunity to be a part of your world. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it.

From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them."

LMAO, translation Carwin will be playing the good guy, Brock will put on his black hat and trash talk his ass off for months, sell a ton of PPVS, shit talk when it's over and go on to his next victim.. :lol

IX_Equilibrium
07-13-2009, 12:49 PM
LMAO, translation Carwin will be playing the good guy, Brock will put on his black hat and trash talk his ass off for months, sell a ton of PPVS, shit talk when it's over and go on to his next victim.. :lol

It's unreal how many people are craving WWE type story lines.

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Got this from the Sherdog Play by Play

"A punch-drunk Mir stands after the stoppage and Lesnar is ready to go again. He’s held back as Mir tries to figure out which area code he is currently in. The fans boo and Lesnar flicks off the fans and then eggs them on in his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan. He finishes to applause after a one-liner involving adult activity with his wife. The official time is 1:48 of round two"

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
It's unreal how many people are craving WWE type story lines.

It's not that i crave it but i don't make a big deal about it. The press all over Brock are fools, the man knows what he is doing..

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM
- During a post-UFC 100 press conference, company president Dana White addressed the possibility of Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar facing the world's #1 ranked heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko. White insisted that he wants to see the fight happen just as much as anyone else.

"This whole Fedor thing has been going on and on and on. I keep saying this and that about him and he keeps waiting. Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else."

"[Lesnar] just became the heavyweight champion. We'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."

- During a post-UFC 100 press conference, company president Dana White addressed the possibility of Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar facing the world's #1 ranked heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko. White insisted that he wants to see the fight happen just as much as anyone else.

"This whole Fedor thing has been going on and on and on. I keep saying this and that about him and he keeps waiting. Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else."

"[Lesnar] just became the heavyweight champion. We'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=27641

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm at work so i didn't see this but a buddy of mine just texted me and said that "Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza this morning said he suspects the UFC is fake, that they pull their punches and that Ray Leonard and Hagler in their primes would kill all these guys" WOW just WOW.. :lol

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/15498/ufc-100-fighters-salaries-brock-lesnar-and-georges-st-pierre-top-earners-from-x-x-million-payroll.mma

Payouts..

Jon Fitch: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Paulo Thiago: $8,000

Brock Lesnar: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Frank Mir: $45,000 (Ouch)

Georges St-Pierre: $400,000 ($200,000 win bonus)
def. Thiago Alves: $60,000 (another Ouch)

Dan Henderson: $250,00 ($150,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Bisping: $150,000 (Overpaid and Overrated)

Yoshihiro Akiyama: $60,000 ($20,000 win bonus)
def. Alan Belcher: $19,000

Mark Coleman: $100,000 ($50,000 win bonus)
def. Stephan Bonnar: $25,000

Jim Miller: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus)
def. Mac Danzig: $20,000

Jon Jones: $18,000 ($9000 win bonus)
def. Jake O'Brien: $13,000

Dong Hyun Kim: $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. Grant: $5,000

Tom Lawlor: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. C.B. Dollway: $14,000

Shannon Gugerty: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Grice: $7,000

GSP and Brock did over a mil easy when you give them PPV %

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 01:11 PM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/15498/ufc-100-fighters-salaries-brock-lesnar-and-georges-st-pierre-top-earners-from-x-x-million-payroll.mma

Payouts..

Jon Fitch: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Paulo Thiago: $8,000

Brock Lesnar: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Frank Mir: $45,000 (Ouch)

Georges St-Pierre: $400,000 ($200,000 win bonus)
def. Thiago Alves: $60,000 (another Ouch)

Dan Henderson: $250,00 ($150,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Bisping: $150,000 (Overpaid and Overrated)

Yoshihiro Akiyama: $60,000 ($20,000 win bonus)
def. Alan Belcher: $19,000

Mark Coleman: $100,000 ($50,000 win bonus)
def. Stephan Bonnar: $25,000

Jim Miller: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus)
def. Mac Danzig: $20,000

Jon Jones: $18,000 ($9000 win bonus)
def. Jake O'Brien: $13,000

Dong Hyun Kim: $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. Grant: $5,000

Tom Lawlor: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. C.B. Dollway: $14,000

Shannon Gugerty: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Grice: $7,000

GSP and Brock did over a mil easy when you give them PPV %

what about the bud light bonus :lol?

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
what about the bud light bonus :lol?

And the "Get on top of my wife bonus"

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm at work so i didn't see this but a buddy of mine just texted me and said that "Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza this morning said he suspects the UFC is fake, that they pull their punches and that Ray Leonard and Hagler in their primes would kill all these guys" WOW just WOW.. :lol

Come on, it's Skip Bayless... :lol:lol:lol:lol

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
and the "get on top of my wife bonus"

lmao

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Come on, it's Skip Bayless... :lol:lol:lol:lol

yo Leonard how were your Seats??

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Good...just above ring height (ie, not too low). Watched about half on the big screen and half in the ring.

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Good...just above ring height (ie, not too low). Watched about half on the big screen and half in the ring.

Did you boo brock?

BlackSwordsMan
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
who won fotn,sotn,kotn bonuses? They were gonna be a 100 each

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Did you boo brock?

Nah, I just laughed and shook my head. I don't think I've ever boo'd anybody...dumb.

who won fotn,sotn,kotn bonuses? They were gonna be a 100 each

The UFC awarded $100,000 each to Akiyama and Belcher (Fight of the Night), Henderson (KO of the Night) and Lawlor (Submission of the Night).

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Can anyone beat Brock?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/13/947649/ufc-100-can-anyone-defeat-brock

IX_Equilibrium
07-13-2009, 02:13 PM
yes

BlackSwordsMan
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Nah, I just laughed and shook my head. I don't think I've ever boo'd anybody...dumb.

The UFC awarded $100,000 each to Akiyama and Belcher (Fight of the Night), Henderson (KO of the Night) and Lawlor (Submission of the Night).

thanks

BlackSwordsMan
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
akiyama fotn? dunno bout that

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Miller - Danzig was FOTN for me...

Assload of pics from Weigh Ins, Maxim/UFC Ring Girl search (a chick sitting by us on the flight in was in this and the d-bag sitting next to her and hitting on her the whole flight was cracking us up), UFC Fan Expo, Cage Fashion Event, Combatlifestyle.com Fight Preparty and Suite Party...and Jamie Varner and Cowboy Cerrone talking shit to each other.

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/

Lorenzo in a Pride shirt :toast

The only merchandise I bought was a Pride shirt and beanie, and a Wanderlei Toe to Toe shirt. They had a Pride booth just for Pride shit...Shogun, Herring, and Henzo were signing autographs.

BlackSwordsMan
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
i would have worn a fedor shirt and then streaked in the middle of the ring when brock won
would have brought a lot of media attention to fedor and pressure on dana to sign him imo

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 08:42 PM
This never happened that I heard...

http://fedorchant.com/

LEONARD
07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
CB vs Lawlor
http://www.mediafire.com/?nqzmkjdylzz

Grice vs Gugerty
http://www.mediafire.com/?jw2tmzozduz

Jones vs O’Brien
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eccxoh

Danzig vs Miller
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0zjqmx

Coleman vs Bonnar is still uploading...

jackseven
07-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Glad you ordered the event and were happy with it…

But if Lesnar – Mir was the “best” fight you’ve ever seen, you have a lot of catching up to do. It was barely competitive and the ground work was nothing more than Lesnar over-powering Mir. The event as a whole was solid, but there have been better cards overall in the last couple years.

Lesnar was my fav not so much for the fight but because I'm a huge Lesnar fan. You won't hear the Skip Baylesses of the world now but as I'm sure you know everybody doubted him coming in to the UFC and all the way up until the 2nd Mir fight.

Mir talked a lot of shit for someone that was fortunate to win last fight. Heath Herring also thought Lesnar was a joke. Basically every time he wins, it's brushed aside by opponents and commentators.

Now Lesnar goes and beat a prime Mir and people bitch about post fight antics. What's it going to be after he beats Fedor?

Lesnar is now the legit heavy weight champ after 5 fights and there are still doubters. I don't know what's next but I'm sure it will be something.

I wish I would have seen that guy betting $20 on Mir. Mir did exactly what I thought he was going to do - try to rely on catching Lesnar again. You can tell that was his whole plan.

Lesnar trains extremely hard and gets better every fight. While he did show a lack of technical skills in Mir II, his gameplan told me he got a hell of a lot smarter. He'll continue to get better.

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Coleman vs Bonnar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0blcux

What's it going to be after he beats Fedor?

Nobody would be able to say anything if he was to beat Fedor...

He's still got some tests ahead of him in the UFC though...

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Danzig vs Miller
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0zjqmx

Looks like this requires a UFC on Demand password (weird)...

Downloading a new copy now...

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
http://rs470.rapidshare.com/files/255436085/UFC.100.Prelim.Danzig.vs.Miller_VX-trim.avi

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
sKRH3HxpU9w

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 11:57 AM
K man, you were the first person to take me up on the offer. Do we have a gentleman's agreement then? I will personally paypal you 20 bucks if Mir loses, and if he wins, you will paypal me 20 bucks. Correct?

<virtual handshake>

*whistles*

scottspurs
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Fedor, fedor, fedor! We want fedor!

Evan
07-14-2009, 12:31 PM
*whistles*

lol

dbreiden83080
07-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Mir Delusional much...

http://insidefights.com/2009/07/13/frank-mir-doesnt-know-when-to-quit/

"When Lesnar didn’t come after me, that really threw me off. He didn’t land any punches on his feet, did he? I didn’t expect him to run. He ran like a lightweight. … It’s my fault. I should have trained that he would be intimidated from the standup.

When I chased him (in the second round), that’s what changed my game plan. I basically was (within) a half-an-inch of catching him. I knew he was hurt, but he had good leverage, with my shoulder against the cage. I made a stupid mistake.

If I can just nail that weight gap to even 10 pounds, it’ll be a different fight next time."

robbie380
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Mir Delusional much...

http://insidefights.com/2009/07/13/frank-mir-doesnt-know-when-to-quit/

"When Lesnar didn’t come after me, that really threw me off. He didn’t land any punches on his feet, did he? I didn’t expect him to run. He ran like a lightweight. … It’s my fault. I should have trained that he would be intimidated from the standup.

When I chased him (in the second round), that’s what changed my game plan. I basically was (within) a half-an-inch of catching him. I knew he was hurt, but he had good leverage, with my shoulder against the cage. I made a stupid mistake.

If I can just nail that weight gap to even 10 pounds, it’ll be a different fight next time."

don't see too much delusion there. what do you see? to me it seems like he feels like a guy who is 1-1 v. lesnar and he feels like he fucked up his planning. i do feel that mir was very close to catching lesnar in the 2nd but lesnar did a good job recovering quick and taking mir down.

Evan
07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Anyone want to make a side bet on the Mir Vs. Brock fight? Am I the only one taking Mir? I will wager 20 bucks via paypal to anyone that wants in.

I'll take that...

K man, you were the first person to take me up on the offer. Do we have a gentleman's agreement then? I will personally paypal you 20 bucks if Mir loses, and if he wins, you will paypal me 20 bucks. Correct?

<virtual handshake>
:toast

Rip-Hamilton32
07-14-2009, 06:11 PM
don't see too much delusion there. what do you see? to me it seems like he feels like a guy who is 1-1 v. lesnar and he feels like he fucked up his planning. i do feel that mir was very close to catching lesnar in the 2nd but lesnar did a good job recovering quick and taking mir down.

could easily be 2-0 for lesnar had the fight not of been stood up

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Buffer 360, which wasn't aired during the PPV
7ah57GjZSWc

LEONARD
07-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Bisping still made it to his afterparty...how he didn't have a broken jaw is beyond me...

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/071109ufcafterprive/1006.jpg

Tito & Jenna
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/071109ufcafterprive/1016.jpg

Hendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/071109ufcafterhendo/1008.jpg

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/071109ufcafterhendo/1019.jpg

Evan
07-15-2009, 12:09 PM
wtf is that?

oligarchy
07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
the short bus.

dbreiden83080
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Bisping still made it to his afterparty...how he didn't have a broken jaw is beyond me...

Looks like he still needs support standing up after Hendo dropped his behind..

Mir was never close to catching Brock with anything damaging. He landed a glancing forearm and a flying knee that was more flashy than anything else. Brock was never rocked. Mir does not have big KO power, he took out Nog who was basically fighting on one leg.

LEONARD
07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Front page of yahoo...haha

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Dan-Henderson-wins-a-fight-loses-a-working-car?urn=mma,176452

Dan Henderson wins a fight, loses a working car

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mma_experts__10/ept_sports_mma_experts-290861231-1247586939.jpg?ym75jkBDdwiTlL85

Remember that sweet Range Rover that the UFC gave to Dan Henderson to thank him for coaching "The Ultimate Fighter?" Yep, that's it, in the picture above. Henderson, who lives in Temecula, Calif., was driving back home after UFC 100 and couldn't even make it out of the state before the car broke down. Henderson sends a message to UFC president Dana Whote on his Web site, saying, "Thanks for the car, Dana, hope it comes with a warranty!"

Henderson had a highlight reel win over British UFC star Michael Bisping on Saturday night, knocking Bisping out in the second round with a powerful right hand. Henderson caused some controversy by following up the right with an additional punch when Bisping was on the ground before the referee stopped the fight. Afterward, Henderson said that the extra punch was to "shut Bisping up." Prior to their bout, the two men coached on "The Ultimate Fighter," and Bisping spent much of the show badmouthing Henderson.

Edmunds, a Web site that reviews automobiles, claims that Range Rovers have a poor reputation for reliability, and that was proven true with Henderson's car. He had been in training camp, and then spent the day after the fight at the pool. He didn't have much time to cruise around in it until taking it for the four-hour drive home to Temecula. Maybe the British-born vehicle just didn't like Henderson knocking out its countryman, and it decided to exact revenge.

Henderson won the $100,000 Knockout of the Night bonus on Saturday; he should be able to buy himself another car. Or, perhaps he could use the bonus to waste some time at Whiskey Pete's, the low-rent casino at the state border that can be seen in the background of the picture above.

LEONARD
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Just noticed something about Belcher's superman punch...
http://i27.tinypic.com/jb5i5f.gif

He pushed off the post with his right foot for an extra little forward momentum...awesome...

cornbread
07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
This event brought 1.5 million PPV buys, a ton of media coverage, and a ton of new posters to the mma forum. If there ever would have been an event to have a vbookie, this was it.

LEONARD
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
This event brought 1.5 million PPV buys, a ton of media coverage, and a ton of new posters to the mma forum. If there ever would have been an event to have a vbookie, this was it.

Don't you realize there are Spurs summer league games going on? No time for vBookies!! :lol

The TroutBum
07-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Ya, ya -- I owe him 20 bucks. It's coming. But before I pay him, I just want to give you all my two cents. Please note that I don't post much on this forum because I don't feel like I bring much to the table, and there's nothing worse than someone talking when they don't have a clue what they're talking about. However, I need to get this out...

I haven't been online since the fight. I was absolutely crushed to see Mir lose. When I say crushed, I really mean crippled. I had a dream about it that night, and it was depressing as hell. The next morning I woke up and was in a rotten mood all day. I wish I was making this shit up. I honestly haven't felt this bad since Jordan made his last shot ever over Bryon Russell.

On so many levels, Brock Lesner is wrong for this sport. The stunts he pulled were daggers to my heart. Flipping off the fans, trashing sponsors, spitting all over the camera, taunting an opponent who has already lost, and telling the world he's going to get on his wife? This is not World Wrestling Entertainment, this is MMA. MMA is discipline, hard work, RESPECT, and class. Brock has none of that. He is dragging MMA through the mud, and I don't like it. The UFC is heading for a fall, and this is the catalyst. It has taken a violent turn from 'May the best man win', to 'Whoever sells more tickets gets the Fair Day Goose'. When it's all about the money, bad things happen. Corruption happens. Tim Doneghey happens. David Stern happens.

MMA is the last pure sport. Clean, untouched by steroids, and human growth hormones. Untouched by greed and corruption. Untouched by the Kobe Bryants and LeBron James' of the world. It is no longer a Virgin. Brock stole it. In place of its purity we will now have terms like 'He's playing the Heel', 'He's a PPV machine!', and 'The Buffer 360!' :lol

"But MrTroutbum, he is bringing in so many new fans! LOL!1" -- Wrong. He's bringing in the trailer trash of the world. The same 'fans' that spend good money to watch scripted drama between two men in speedo's, romping around a ring, pretending to punch and beat each other up. These people are not fight fans, they are soap opera fans. Sorry fellow MMA believers; these so called fans also spend money, and as long as there is a 'heel' like Brock around to spread drama, to be a PPV machine, and to make the UFC millions, then it will never end, and the UFC will fall.

These are the reasons I hate Brock Lesner. Sure, he beat up my guy, but he ripped my heart out when he acted like he did.

Am I being an over-sensitive douche? Maybe. Am I totally wrong? I hope so. Is there a good chance I'm right? Gods, I hope not. I might actually have to resort to watching Hockey.

Evan
07-16-2009, 06:57 AM
I dont agree with you but that was a good rant.

LEONARD
07-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Look who was hangin’ with Tracy Lee in Vegas last weekend…
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/071209xs/1001.jpg

Alves’ ear…yuck
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/071209xs/1031.jpg

Ya, ya -- I owe him 20 bucks. It's coming. But before I pay him, I just want to give you all my two cents.

We're good :toast

Post more...

oligarchy
07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
MMA is the last pure sport. Clean, untouched by steroids, and human growth hormones. Untouched by greed and corruption. Untouched by the Kobe Bryants and LeBron James' of the world. It is no longer a Virgin. Brock stole it. In place of its purity we will now have terms like 'He's playing the Heel', 'He's a PPV machine!', and 'The Buffer 360!' :lol

The problem is, it isn't untouched by steroids and human growth hormone. Many fighters have been busted for, or trying to mask, steroid use.

Unfortunately, UFC is in the entertainment industry. There are no "sports" anymore, just money making machines. It's sad to say, but it's really what all sports do. Hockey isn't the last sanctuary for non-steroid using athletes either. All athletes, at all levels, are using them. Again, ALL athletes. I don't mean there aren't athletes that don't use them, there are, but I mean there are athlete out there that do use them in the MLB, NHL, NFL, UFC, etc.

LEONARD
07-16-2009, 06:47 PM
http://rs470.rapidshare.com/files/255436085/UFC.100.Prelim.Danzig.vs.Miller_VX-trim.avi

This mofo isn't working either...fuck

robbie380
07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
MMA is the last pure sport. Clean, untouched by steroids, and human growth hormones. Untouched by greed and corruption.

lol you actually believed that "MMA" was clean? have you heard of Pride?

BlackSwordsMan
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya, ya -- I owe him 20 bucks. It's coming. But before I pay him, I just want to give you all my two cents. Please note that I don't post much on this forum because I don't feel like I bring much to the table, and there's nothing worse than someone talking when they don't have a clue what they're talking about. However, I need to get this out...

I haven't been online since the fight. I was absolutely crushed to see Mir lose. When I say crushed, I really mean crippled. I had a dream about it that night, and it was depressing as hell. The next morning I woke up and was in a rotten mood all day. I wish I was making this shit up. I honestly haven't felt this bad since Jordan made his last shot ever over Bryon Russell.

On so many levels, Brock Lesner is wrong for this sport. The stunts he pulled were daggers to my heart. Flipping off the fans, trashing sponsors, spitting all over the camera, taunting an opponent who has already lost, and telling the world he's going to get on his wife? This is not World Wrestling Entertainment, this is MMA. MMA is discipline, hard work, RESPECT, and class. Brock has none of that. He is dragging MMA through the mud, and I don't like it. The UFC is heading for a fall, and this is the catalyst. It has taken a violent turn from 'May the best man win', to 'Whoever sells more tickets gets the Fair Day Goose'. When it's all about the money, bad things happen. Corruption happens. Tim Doneghey happens. David Stern happens.

"But MrTroutbum, he is bringing in so many new fans! LOL!1" -- Wrong. He's bringing in the trailer trash of the world. The same 'fans' that spend good money to watch scripted drama between two men in speedo's, romping around a ring, pretending to punch and beat each other up. These people are not fight fans, they are soap opera fans. Sorry fellow MMA believers; these so called fans also spend money, and as long as there is a 'heel' like Brock around to spread drama, to be a PPV machine, and to make the UFC millions, then it will never end, and the UFC will fall.

These are the reasons I hate Brock Lesner. Sure, he beat up my guy, but he ripped my heart out when he acted like he did.

Am I being an over-sensitive douche? Maybe. Am I totally wrong? I hope so. Is there a good chance I'm right? Gods, I hope not. I might actually have to resort to watching Hockey.

your rant reminded me of carwin's rant
“I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock’s reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana. The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn’t matter how much money you make if you can’t earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn’t matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose…. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it. From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them. The thing is I have a very tough fight ahead of me that IMO is every bit as tough and talented as Brock … we are at the top of the HWT division and anyone we fight moving forward is going to be a real test. Cain is nothing short of a super athlete with amazing wrestling and he trains with one of the best camps in the country. I am sure Joe Silva told Cain the same thing he told us, winner gets the title shot. Cain is not looking past me he is looking right at me as the person that is in his way from potentially one of the greatest opportunities of his life and mine. I have said what I have to say about Brock. He will make sure the world knows who he is and what he is all about. I ask that you my fans and the fans of Cain give this fight its due. You would never see two rising undefeated stars put together in Boxing so enjoy this fight. Two warriors with wills to win and the skills to do so are going to show those watching UFC 104 what the future of the sport will look like.”

Evan
07-16-2009, 09:00 PM
lol you actually believed that "MMA" was clean? have you heard of Pride?

You can't compare the UFC and Pride when it comes to sports. The Japanese do not in any way view sports like the rest of the world, especially Americans. To them its equal parts entertainment and "sport."

Such a different culture.

The TroutBum
07-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Carwin is my new hero. Instant beat material right there.

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 01:05 AM

Looks like he still needs support standing up after Hendo dropped his behind..

Mir was never close to catching Brock with anything damaging. He landed a glancing forearm and a flying knee that was more flashy than anything else. Brock was never rocked. Mir does not have big KO power, he took out Nog who was basically fighting on one leg.

well to be fair, lesnar did say that Mir's knee made him see tweety birds for one second, or half a second. in fact, what was surprising is mir catching him at all.

LEONARD
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Dana discusses Lesnar...good stuff
LPOO-M-ZtK0

dallaskd
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
First time on since the card. Hendo stole the show in my opinion. GSP dominated once again. Not much competition for him. Lesnar is still a douche. Nothing new here...

LEONARD
07-18-2009, 12:01 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/MrSmiff_photos/hendohoff.gif

The TroutBum
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/mrsmiff_photos/hendohoff.gif

awesome.

Evan
07-18-2009, 09:22 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/MrSmiff_photos/hendohoff.gif

hahahha...awesome

robbie380
07-19-2009, 04:30 AM
You can't compare the UFC and Pride when it comes to sports. The Japanese do not in any way view sports like the rest of the world, especially Americans. To them its equal parts entertainment and "sport."

Such a different culture.

was pride mma?

LEONARD
07-19-2009, 09:22 AM
it wasn't tennis...

LEONARD
07-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Mir fans don't click...
7n5Hq6ofM8M

kinda funny... :lol

Evan
07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
was pride mma?

yes but under far different rules.

At times it was like Arena Football versus the NFL.

Evan
07-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Fucking hell I miss PRIDE tho...

however I do not miss the fanboy crying over which was better....

dallaskd
07-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I just hated when Pride would do random "special rules" like in Cro Cop vs Wanderlei..

The TroutBum
07-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Mir fans don't click...
7n5Hq6ofM8M

kinda funny... :lol

The worst part about it? Everything that Mir said was true. He is the superior fighter, and always will be. The only thing Butt Fuck has going for him, is he's 40 lbs. heavier -- That fucking fat farm. I bet the next time they fight, Mir won't waste as much time talking shit, but will make his mark in the cage, and let his fists and BJJ do the talking. I am going to LAUGH and CHEER when Butt Fuck is tapping, and Mir breaks his fucking ankle off his body.

As I see it, it stands 1-1. I'm not sure where all the WWE fans, and all the people with Butt Fucks ball imprints on their chins get off making videos like this. I didn't see anything like this when Mir beat him the first time. Grow some sack, Butt Fuck fans, and act like you've been here before.

anakha
07-21-2009, 07:22 AM
The worst part about it? Everything that Mir said was true. He is the superior fighter, and always will be. The only thing Butt Fuck has going for him, is he's 40 lbs. heavier -- That fucking fat farm. I bet the next time they fight, Mir won't waste as much time talking shit, but will make his mark in the cage, and let his fists and BJJ do the talking. I am going to LAUGH and CHEER when Butt Fuck is tapping, and Mir breaks his fucking ankle off his body.

As I see it, it stands 1-1. I'm not sure where all the WWE fans, and all the people with Butt Fucks ball imprints on their chins get off making videos like this. I didn't see anything like this when Mir beat him the first time. Grow some sack, Butt Fuck fans, and act like you've been here before.

I hate quoting Tacker, but... rage much?

The TroutBum
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
What can I say -- I really hate Lesner.

dallaskd
07-21-2009, 11:41 PM
I respect him as a fighter. As a man, I think he is a piece of shit and a total dickhead. It's hard to judge someone youve never met, but he doesnt put out the best image for himself.

dbreiden83080
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
The worst part about it? Everything that Mir said was true. He is the superior fighter, and always will be. The only thing Butt Fuck has going for him, is he's 40 lbs. heavier -- That fucking fat farm. I bet the next time they fight, Mir won't waste as much time talking shit, but will make his mark in the cage.

Mir is not the better fighter. Brock has beaten more top guys in his 5 fights then Mir has his whole career if you ask me. Mir was most well known for breaking Tim Sylvia's arm before he beat Nog. And we now know Nog had a busted knee going into the fight. He also got blasted by the likes of Brandon Vera a few years ago, who was really a blown up 205 er.. Brock has laid a viscious beating on Heath Herring, Ko'd Randy and now pummeled the hell out of Mir. Mir is not beating Brock in a 3rd fight, he'd get crushed just the same..

dbreiden83080
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Late but UFC 100 Gifs Galore

http://i29.tinypic.com/r8896d.gif

GSP=Beast!!

http://i29.tinypic.com/wqojsz.gif

http://i27.tinypic.com/282icdj.gif

http://i26.tinypic.com/whbg4i.gif

http://i29.tinypic.com/110yxiq.gif

The TroutBum
07-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Mir is not the better fighter. Brock has beaten more top guys in his 5 fights then Mir has his whole career if you ask me. Mir was most well known for breaking Tim Sylvia's arm before he beat Nog. And we now know Nog had a busted knee going into the fight. He also got blasted by the likes of Brandon Vera a few years ago, who was really a blown up 205 er.. Brock has laid a viscious beating on Heath Herring, Ko'd Randy and now pummeled the hell out of Mir. Mir is not beating Brock in a 3rd fight, he'd get crushed just the same..

I respectfully disagree.

(and by 'respectfully', I really mean, 'suck a fat dong, you Canadian huffer!')

dbreiden83080
07-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I respectfully disagree.

(and by 'respectfully', I really mean, 'suck a fat dong, you Canadian huffer!')

:lol Not Canadian Asshole..
and looking at what Brock has done you are just hating on the man without looking at the facts..