PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 100

Pages : [1] 2

Evan
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/ufc100.jpg

Main Card

Heavyweight Championship bout:Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir

Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago (Is this right, thought it was on the Pre-Lims and Bonnar/Coleman was on the main card)..
Middleweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card

Light Heavyweight bout: Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jonathan Goulet
Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Earliest fight thread Ever Evan :lol

Where's the Card??

Evan
05-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I dunno..I just dig the background of the poster...

I think its in Vegas

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
GSP and Brock will dominate

Henderson and Bisping, i have no idea..

Main Card

Heavyweight Championship bout:Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir

Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago (Is this right, thought it was on the Pre-Lims and Bonnar/Coleman was on the main card)..

Preliminary Card

djohn14
05-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I love it I love it I love it!...also there will be 2 new Hall of Fame members announced on this night....Oh boy...Lesner-Mir...St-Pierre and my Boy Alves...love both of those fighters...but dbreiden knows who im picking haha....Henderson-Bisping Pong...We get to see what Thiago can do the second time around....Im excited about seeing Akiyama...and of course...MY BOY...JON BONES JONES!

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 10:22 PM
but dbreiden knows who im picking haha

I trust in the Riddum... :lol

We should do like a friendly Sig bet on that one or something, you game buddy??

dbreiden83080
05-06-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.ufc-tickets.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ufc100-poster.jpg

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ufc100.jpg

http://www.mmamadhouse.com/images/2009/04/ufc-100-making-history.jpg

djohn14
05-07-2009, 06:57 AM
I trust in the Riddum... :lol

We should do like a friendly Sig bet on that one or something, you game buddy??

Sure, why not!

tlongII
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Mir will submit Brock.

desflood
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Jumped the gun a bit.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Mir will submit Brock.

We'll see it's a fascinating matchup. Brock has insane talent, but is still inexperienced. Mir may catch him again, but i like Brock here..

ATRAIN
05-07-2009, 11:43 AM
We'll see it's a fascinating matchup. Brock has insane talent, but is still inexperienced. Mir may catch him again, but i like Brock here..

Not going to happen Brock has a lot more experience since. Mir will get smashed again. HOWEVER he looked really fucking good against NOG. Great card, wish they would give us 5 hours and show us the prelims. Those are freaking great too.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
http://ipinoyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ufc100poster.jpg

Evan
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Jumped the gun a bit.

This card is special:toast

angelbelow
05-07-2009, 08:45 PM
im interested to see Akiyama fight in the ufc.

The TroutBum
05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Mir is going to rock that Roid infested shit bag. This will be only the second PPV I've ever bought, the first being Mir vs. Nogs. That was great.

dallaskd
05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
im interested to see Akiyama fight in the ufc.

Same. I think it will be a great fight after seeing Belcher-Kang.

LEONARD
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Mir is going to rock that Roid infested shit bag. This will be only the second PPV I've ever bought, the first being Mir vs. Nogs. That was great.

That's too bad...you saw the worst fight of Nog's career by far...

djohn14
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Your special

Evan
05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Your special

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/iheartcher/superbad-5.png

djohn14
05-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Ha...I actually had that same thing in mind!

desflood
05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
My birthday is special. I don't start a thread pointing it out two months before it happens.

:p:

djohn14
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
UFC has announced a two-day grappling tournament to be held July 10th and 11th as part of UFC 100 weekend in Las Vegas. The tournament has open registration. UFC expects the tournament to be "the largest submission, grappling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament in history."

There will be divisions for men, women, and children, with "thousands of dollars in prizes" being awarded to winners. Entry fees for the tournament start at $89 and include a free weekend pass to UFC Fan Expo (a $50 value).

You can register for the tournament here.

http://www.grapplers.com/zone/news.cfm?news_story_id=3078BC5D-1143-E596-2AC7346FDC17B5D7

I know you are all interested haha

Evan
05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
My birthday is special. I don't start a thread pointing it out two months before it happens.

:p:

*glares at desflood and crosses arms*

Evan
05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
UFC has announced a two-day grappling tournament to be held July 10th and 11th as part of UFC 100 weekend in Las Vegas. The tournament has open registration. UFC expects the tournament to be "the largest submission, grappling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament in history."

There will be divisions for men, women, and children, with "thousands of dollars in prizes" being awarded to winners. Entry fees for the tournament start at $89 and include a free weekend pass to UFC Fan Expo (a $50 value).

You can register for the tournament here.

http://www.grapplers.com/zone/news.cfm?news_story_id=3078BC5D-1143-E596-2AC7346FDC17B5D7

I know you are all interested haha

to be honest I think thats f00king fascinating...

they will be scouting up & comers and this makes the UFC the new adu dahbi tourney

desflood
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM
What's the matter, Evan? Can't take a little innocent teasing?

LEONARD
05-13-2009, 11:51 AM
wOOT mother fuckin' wOOT

I'd like to take a moment to thank my boss for buying myself and my brother a ticket to UFC 100...$1050 each after TT&L. And that's just barely in the lower section. Crazy prices...

Evan
05-13-2009, 12:02 PM
wOOT mother fuckin' wOOT

I'd like to take a moment to thank my boss for buying myself and my brother a ticket to UFC 100...$1050 each after TT&L. And that's just barely in the lower section. Crazy prices...

*glares at leonard in sheer jealousy"

dbreiden83080
05-13-2009, 12:13 PM
wOOT mother fuckin' wOOT

You DAMN SOB!!!

You better take lots of Pics and post them here..

LEONARD
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe...

desflood
05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd like to say something to you, Leonard, on behalf of everybody here in Spurstalk mma:

You SUCK.

May you be turked by a syphilitic bear.

LEONARD
05-13-2009, 01:08 PM
:lol:toast:hat:nope:ihit:lmao:downspin::flag:

desflood
05-13-2009, 02:53 PM

*glares at leonard in sheer jealousy"
You've been glaring a lot lately, Evan. Be careful your eyes don't fall out.

Evan
05-13-2009, 05:23 PM
You've been glaring a lot lately, Evan. Be careful your eyes don't fall out.

*raises eyebrow in severe agitation*

and leonard sucks a bag of dicks. However...as it stands I am in the bullpen to go with leonard if anyone drops out but I am not betting on it.

djohn14
05-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Just want to let yall know that Thiago Alves thinks the same thing i do...

"I'm going to enjoy my time. I have 25 minutes to have fun and whatever happens, it happens. I'm not just going to win. I'm going to knock him out. I'm going to shock the world. You have to do this for a reason. I want to make history. At (UFC) 100 I have a chance to make history, and I will make history. I promise you that. I've been asking for it, and you get in life what you ask for. I'm real excited. I've been preparing for this my whole life. I know GSP is a great fighter, but it's just my time "

anakha
05-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Brock, GSP and Henderson make this a must-watch for me.

And why the hell is Coleman fighting as a LHW? Was that his natural weight class before? After looking really bad against an almost equally-shitty Shogun, he's probably best off at HW.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Brock,Alves,Hendo

dbreiden83080
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Just want to let yall know that Thiago Alves thinks the same thing i do...

"I'm going to enjoy my time. I have 25 minutes to have fun and whatever happens, it happens. I'm not just going to win. I'm going to knock him out. I'm going to shock the world. You have to do this for a reason. I want to make history. At (UFC) 100 I have a chance to make history, and I will make history. I promise you that. I've been asking for it, and you get in life what you ask for. I'm real excited. I've been preparing for this my whole life. I know GSP is a great fighter, but it's just my time "

Obviously anything can happen and Alves has the power to KO anyone at 170 but he has a lot to prove to me. The best fighter he has fought last few years was Fitch and he lost that fight really badly.. Next best win is what? Koscheck, he fought Alves on 2 weeks notice, hung tough on the feet and even won RD 2 i thought. Alves wasn't close to getting rid of him. HE also has wins over guys like Karo, where he was losing the fight then turned it all around with a big shot. He is basically just a powerful striker, not the well rounded beast like GSP is. If GSP were to lose, i see him coming back with a better gameplan and flattening Alves in a rematch.. Alves i also see fighting at 185 real soon, he is way too big for 170, the weight cutting will be too much for him at some point..

djohn14
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM
dbreiden...shush....i love you dude...we cant be fighting like this!

dbreiden83080
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
dbreiden...shush....i love you dude...we cant be fighting like this!

LOL, all love John, all love.. :hat

Seriously though my biggest question is if Alves loses, does he go right to 185? Cutting so much weight hurts your gas tank and is there anyone better at testing one's tank than GSP?? It's his breakneck pace that i believe will be Alves undoing here..

The TroutBum
05-18-2009, 12:54 AM
So I'm a tard. Can someone explain the difference between Brock's championship belt, and Mir's 'interim' belt?

polandprzem
05-18-2009, 02:26 AM
LOL, all love John, all love.. :hat

Seriously though my biggest question is if Alves loses, does he go right to 185? Cutting so much weight hurts your gas tank and is there anyone better at testing one's tank than GSP?? It's his breakneck pace that i believe will be Alves undoing here..

Once I said that if Alves will get a title shot, and no matter the outcome of this fight he will go up a division. This guy is cutting from over 200 pounds.

polandprzem
05-18-2009, 02:27 AM
A and he fought Hughes. Good fight great flying knee.

LEONARD
05-19-2009, 05:48 PM
So I'm a tard. Can someone explain the difference between Brock's championship belt, and Mir's 'interim' belt?

Randy had the belt, but retired.

Nog beat Sylvia for the interim belt while Randy was still retired. (Mir beat Lesnar at the same event)

Lesnar beat Randy for the belt (last Nov).

Mir beat Nog for the interim belt (last Dec).

Which leaves us with Lesnar vs Mir 2 for the only belt.

Evan
05-19-2009, 06:40 PM
^now I'm confused

djohn14
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
It dosent matter who has it now as long as Cain Velasquez is in the UFC!

dbreiden83080
06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Official site is up..

http://100.ufc.com/

http://www.tournamentguidemag.com/2009/06/ufc-confirms-remaining-fights-for-ufc-100/

JON FITCH vs. PAULO THIAGO
YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA vs. ALAN BELCHER

MARK COLEMAN vs. STEPHAN BONNAR

MAC DANZIG vs. JIM MILLER

JON JONES vs. JAKE O’BRIEN

DONG HYUN KIM vs. JONATHAN GOULET

CB DOLLAWAY vs. TOM LAWLOR

MATT GRICE vs. SHANNON GUGERTY

SATURDAY, JULY 11 - LIVE FROM MANDALAY BAY EVENTS CENTER

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – Title contenders, a former UFC® champion and a handful of rising stars – and that’s just on the undercard. With the undisputed heavyweight title on the line, one of the UFC’s greatest welterweights ever facing his greatest challenge ever and a mixed martial arts legend facing the United Kingdom’s biggest star, the UFC has already secured three main-event-caliber matches for UFC 100. The fight card has the exciting names – now it’s time to watch the exciting fights.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship® today confirmed the remaining fights for the historic UFC® 100 event on Saturday, July 11th at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. With an already stacked fight card, including two championship fights, the UFC has added Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago, Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher, Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar, Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller, Jon Jones vs. Jake O’Brien, Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jonathan Goulet, CB Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor and Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty.

UFC 100 is sold out and will be available live and only on Pay-Per-View on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, BellTV, Shaw Communications and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $44.95 for standard definition or high-definition broadcasts (where available).

With an outstanding 9-1 record in the UFC (22-3, 1 NC overall) and coming off an impressive win against Akihiro Gono in his last fight, Jon Fitch (fighting out of San Jose, Calif.) is one of the toughest fighters the welterweight division has to offer. With wins over Thiago Alves, Diego Sanchez, Brock Larson and Luigi Fioravanti, the Ft. Wayne, Indiana native has dominated the competition and looks to one day hold that UFC welterweight strap. Standing in his way is the undefeated Paulo Thiago (fighting out of Brasilia, Brazil). The Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt improved his professional mixed martial arts record to 11-0 when he defeated Josh Koscheck by TKO in the first round of their February match. He gets another true test when he faces Koscheck’s teammate at UFC 100.

A middleweight superstar who made his name overseas, Yoshihiro Akiyama (fighting out of Osaka, Japan) is a decorated judo black belt with dangerous knockout power and a 12-1, 2 NC mixed martial arts record. He’ll make his long-awaited UFC debut against MMA veteran Alan Belcher (fighting out of Biloxi, Mississippi). A Jonesboro, Arkansas native, “The Talent” is riding a two-fight win streak with a submission victory against Denis Kang in his last fight at UFC 93.

A UFC Hall of Famer, former UFC heavyweight champion and 1988 NCAA national wrestling champion for Ohio State, Mark Coleman (fighting out of Columbus, Ohio) has the credentials and the talent to make a great fight every time out. With seven career UFC wins, the 44-year-old looks to stir things up in the light heavyweight division, and if there’s another fighter that knows how to put on a great show it’s Stephan Bonnar (fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.). A fighter that will be remembered forever for his epic battle with Forrest Griffin in the original The Ultimate Fighter® finale, The Munster, Indiana born fighter has notable wins over Keith Jardine, Eric Schafer and James Irvin.

Season six winner of The Ultimate Fighter, Mac Danzig (fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) has two submission victories as a UFC fighter and the Cleveland, Ohio native will have his greatest test to date when he faces Sparta, New Jersey native Jim Miller (fighting out of Whippany, N.J.). The Brazilian jiu-jitsu brown belt has two UFC wins, including a submission victory over David Baron in his lightweight debut.

If one wanted to watch a rising star in the UFC’s light heavyweight division, look no further than Rochester, New York born Jon Jones (fighting out of Endicott, N.Y.). The undefeated 21-year-old earned an exciting unanimous decision victory against UFC veteran Stephan Bonnar in his last fight, winning his second UFC match and keeping his professional record perfect at 8-0. Now Jones turns his attention to former heavyweight Jake O’Brien (fighting out of Indianapolis, Ind.). The former Purdue wrestler and three-time high school state champion earned a split decision victory against Christian Wellisch in his last fight.

With two UFC wins already on his resume, Dong Hyun Kim (fighting out of Busan, Korea) brings plenty of excitement to the UFC welterweight division. With a memorable match against Karo Parisyan and wins over Matt Brown and Jason Tan, the 27-year-old judo black belt will be an interesting matchup for Canadian striker Jonathan Goulet (Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada). The 29-year-old has four wins in the UFC, including two TKOs and one submission.

Currently on a two-fight win streak, former The Ultimate Fighter Season 7 finalist CB Dollaway (fighting out of Tempe, Ariz.) has finished his last two fights within one round. Now the Mt. Gilead, Ohio native and former NCAA All-American wrestler from Arizona State University faces Fall River, Massachusetts product Tom Lawlor (fighting out of Orlando, Fla.). The 26-year-old with the 5-1, 1 NC record earned a unanimous decision victory against Kyle Kingsbury in his UFC debut.

A former wrestler from Oklahoma University, Matt Grice (fighting out of Harrah, Okla.) holds a 10-2 professional MMA record and an impressive split decision victory over Jason Black. Grice will have to be on his game when he faces the well-rounded Shannon Gugerty (fighting out of San Diego, Calif.). The 27-year-old brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu also has a background in Muay Thai and already holds a UFC win over Dale Hartt.

For more information, or current UFC fight news, visit UFC.com, UK.UFC.com, GERMANY.UFC.com or UFCEspanol.com. All bouts live and subject to change.

About The Ultimate Fighting Championship®
The Ultimate Fighting Championship® is the world’s leading professional mixed martial arts organization and offers the premier series of MMA sports events. Owned and operated by Zuffa™, LLC, and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., UFC® produces over twelve live pay-per-view events annually that are distributed residentially through North American cable and satellite providers including iNDEMAND Networks, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN Entertainment, BellTV, SaskTel Max™, Shaw Pay-Per-View, Viewers Choice, and WOWOW in Japan, and Premiere Combate and SporTV in Brazil, and via the Internet worldwide on Yahoo! Sports, and commercially through Joe Hand Promotions in the U.S. and Canadastar in Canada. In addition to its North American distribution, UFC programming is distributed in over 100 countries and territories throughout the world. For more information, or current UFC fight news, visit ufc.com or uk.ufc.com or ufcespanol.com.

Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Ultimate Fighting®, UFC®, The Ultimate Fighter®, Submission®, As Real As It Gets®, Zuffa™, The Octagon™ and the eight-sided competition mat and cage design are registered trademarks, trademarks, trade dress or service marks owned exclusively by Zuffa, LLC and affiliated entities in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks referenced herein may be the property of Zuffa, LLC or other respective owners.

LEONARD
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I gotta find some plane tickets...

Evan
06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
I gotta find some plane tickets...

you shush

dallaskd
06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
do we make picks here?

Evan
06-19-2009, 12:35 AM
do we make picks here?

Not yet

dbreiden83080
06-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Not yet

Why??

Evan
06-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Why??

a bit early isn't it? Have we ever done predictions so early out?

but then again I did start this thread like 2 months early...:lol

desflood
06-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Jumped the gun a bit.

a bit early isn't it? Have we ever done predictions so early out?

but then again I did start this thread like 2 months early...:lol
:toast

stretch
06-19-2009, 02:13 PM
chode

Evan
06-19-2009, 07:43 PM
*glares at desflood*

dbreiden83080
06-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Full Event preview, can't fuckin wait..

3JujiuD9MrA&feature=channel_page

dbreiden83080
06-27-2009, 02:33 PM
:lol:lol

OJmzsG1xNeM&feature=channel

-h5qx6PuM_0&feature=channel

dmrnEdAJrhk

desflood
06-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago Middleweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping

Preliminary Card

Evan
06-27-2009, 10:48 PM

Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Preliminary Card

LEONARD
06-28-2009, 02:49 PM
My 5...

Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jonathan Goulet

angelbelow
06-28-2009, 02:54 PM
damn this is gonna be a good one... i cant wait.

dallaskd
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jonathan Goulet
Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

tlongII
06-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Great card. I'll have to get to my sports bar early for this one!

dbreiden83080
06-28-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/26/gsp-prepared-greatest-challenge/

http://media.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2009/01/31/20090131_spt_ufc94.3_t651.jpg?

Georges St. Pierre reacts after defeating B.J. Penn by TKO at UFC 94 on Saturday, January 31, 2009 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Georges St. Pierre has squared off in super fights and fought against arguably the sport’s top champion, but the popular Canadian says his biggest challenge will come from Thiago Alves on July 11 at UFC’s historic 100th event.

“Skill-wise he’s bringing a lot more problems to the table than everyone I’ve fought so far,” said St. Pierre, the welterweight champ.

“Just recently, he’s beaten (Karo) Parisyan, (Matt) Hughes and (Josh) Koscheck. After those fights, I knew he was going to be a potential opponent for me and I truly believe he’s the biggest challenge I’ve faced so far.”

After a shaky start to his UFC career at 2-2, Alves, a devastating Brazilian striker, has run off seven straight victories — a fact not overlooked by “GSP.”

“He’s always a better version than he was the time before,” said St. Pierre, who’s coming off a dominating (but quite controversial because of greasing allegations) victory over B.J. Penn at UFC 94 in January.

“Thiago Alves is a gentlemen. He’s not somebody who needs to trash talk to promote himself. He’s a very respectful guy, that’s what makes him even more dangerous.”

Alves (22-4 overall record in mixed martial arts), appreciative of St. Pierre’s compliments during Thursday’s media conference, returned respect to the Quebec native who is making his third title defense.

“I think it’s going to be a well-rounded fight because GSP is a complete athlete. He’s a complete fighter. He’s the champion,” said Alves, who’s making his first title fight.

“I think I’m ready in every situation, be it stand-up, wrestling or the ground. I have a lot of respect for the champion and I’m ready 100 percent for whatever he throws at me.”

The 25-year-old Alves, known as “The Pitbull,” said he’s grown up since his TKO loss to Jon Fitch in the summer of 2006.

“After my loss to Jon Fitch, I realized, 'Oh man, what are you doing?' Not even that, after my suspension, I was like, 'I can't do that to myself.’ That's just the way to take the sport. Either you're in 100 percent or you’re not,” Alves said.

“If you're in, take everything you got and put it into sport. Make it your life. That's what I did. I've been living it since I was 14. But in the last couple years, I made it even more clear what I want to be and what my goals are. That’s making me work harder every day to get there.”

Both fighters — who said they were near the 190-pound mark on Thursday, some two and a half weeks away from their bout at the MGM — are significantly big guys for the 170-pound division. But neither thinks size will particularly factor into the fight.

“I don't think it will make a big difference because I always train with bigger guys than me," said St. Pierre (18-2 MMA).

"And I truly believe that in our sport, skill and technique always beat strength and size, so the guy who will win the fight is the better fighter not the bigger guy."

St. Pierre, who called Alves’ wins over similar opponents in Parisyan, Hughes and Koscheck more impressive than his own victories, says his game plan of tiring out Penn will have to be tweaked against “The Pitbull.”

“Thiago has devastating leg kicks, but that’s not the only thing he’s got. He’s got great knees, a great left hook, and heavy hands,” St. Pierre said.

“I do have a special strategy that I will use to take him out of his comfort zone, but it’s like when you play cards, you don’t want to show your hand. Thiago Alves is a way different fighter than B.J. Penn, so it will be a different strategy. You guys will have to find out in the fight.”

Both GSP and Alves said the historic night at Mandalay Bay will provide both with the opportunity to make quite a statement in the sport.

“Emotionally I think I was born for this. I was made for that day. This is what I’ve been asking for my whole life. I think you get in life what you ask for,” Alves said.

“I’m really excited. UFC 100 is a dream come true.”

St. Pierre obviously says he wants the win over the top contender, but he said for his name to truly carry weight in the sport over time, he has to win these exact kind of matches.

“I want to be thought of at the end of my career as the best pound-for-pound fighter that ever fought in MMA history,” said St. Pierre. “I have to make a legacy. I have to fight the best guy and to win, and win in a good fashion. That’s what I want to do.”

djohn14
06-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

polandprzem
06-28-2009, 11:37 PM

Preliminary Card

The TroutBum
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Mir will win. Submission, first round. Brock is a shit dick.

Bonner will lose. I just HATE watching that guy fight.

GSP will win.

Henderson will win.

Fitch will win.

The Jazz will win.

djohn14
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I think Lesnar will overwhelm Mir

I think Alves KO's GSP...I know, I know haha

Id love to see Paulo beat Fitch, but I havent see enough of him, and I just cant picture it happening

Im so excited to see Akiyama here!

Then there is Jon Jones, and I cant wait to see that mofo fight!

Rip-Hamilton32
06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Alves
Lesnar
Fitch
Jones
Hendo

oligarchy
06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Lesnar
GSP
Fitch
Jones
Bonnar

cornbread
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM

HORNSWOGGLE
06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Frank Mir dont stand a chance

dallaskd
06-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I had no idea there was a "UFC the magazine"

Evan
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM
I had no idea there was a "UFC the magazine"

first issue came out last week

dbreiden83080
06-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Main Card

Picking Brock but worried for him in this fight. Mir is such a bad matchup for him since almost nobody in the HW division has such great subs off their back. Brock can take him down but that is right where Mir wants to be, he knows he can sub Brock or anyone down there at HW. I think Brock keeps it up and KO's him but this could be tight..

GSP my boy. My fav MMA fighter of all time will prevail once again. Alves is dangerous, real dangerous but he has never fought anyone even close to St. Pierre. Nobody pd for pd has his wrestling, pace, combination of striking and versatility. I don't expect GSP to get through this one without being tested, but bottom line Alves needs to land that big shot to win. He won't take GSP down or sub him, forget a decision too, GSP has barely lost a RD in his career. it's a KO or nothing. GSP will wear him down with wrestling and GNP till he eventually gets rid of him via ref stopppage i say 4th rd, possibly even a sub as Alves is tired..

Fitch beats really anyone not named GSP at WW in the UFC.

real tough one to call. Hendo has lost a step and i question his gas tank. While i hate Bisping he is a good fighter, much younger and fast on his feet, good footwork. I like Hendo's experience in big fights and wrestling to get a tough 3 rd decision here..

Jones is coming in this weight class...

The TroutBum
07-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone want to make a side bet on the Mir Vs. Brock fight? Am I the only one taking Mir? I will wager 20 bucks via paypal to anyone that wants in.

LEONARD
07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone want to make a side bet on the Mir Vs. Brock fight? Am I the only one taking Mir? I will wager 20 bucks via paypal to anyone that wants in.

I'll take that...

Evan
07-01-2009, 04:42 PM

I'll take it.

Cleveland Steamer
07-01-2009, 06:11 PM
i hope Brock gets his leg snapped this time.

dallaskd
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM

I picked Mir.

cornbread
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
UFC announces four grappling superfights for Fan Expo 2009 in Las Vegas

While it may be of little solace to heartbroken Limp Bizkit fans, grappling enthusiasts will be thrilled to learn of the UFC's latest addition to the organization's first-ever fan expo.

While Limp Bizkit recently canceled their previously scheduled concert, Bill Cooper, Ulysses Gomez, Jeff Glover, Vinicius Magalhaes, Fredson Paixao, Rumina Sato and Joe Stevenson will take part in grappling superfights as part of the weekend's Grapplers Quest tournament.

The UFC Fan Expo 2009, held in conjunction with UFC 100, takes place July 10 and 11 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.

On Friday, July 10, "The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member Magalhaes will meet an opponent yet to be determined. While Magalhaes has struggled recently in MMA contests, "Pezao" is an eight-time medalist at the Brazilian jiu-jitsu world championships.

That day's main event will see Gomez, a four-time Palace Fighting Championship veteran and multiple-time grappling champion, meet Shooto legend and 40-fight MMA veteran Sato.

On Saturday, WEC contender and four-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion Paixao meets 22-time Grapplers Quest champion Glover.

Additionally, UFC lightweight contender Stevenson, who recently defeated Nate Diaz on the main card of June's The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale, meets Cooper, a 22-year-old jiu-jitsu black belt that has earned 24 Grapplers Quest titles.

The grappling superfights are just one of several activities – including autograph opportunities, training sessions and product demonstrations – available during the fan expo.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15380/ufc-announces-four-grappling-superfights-for-fan-expo-2009-in-las-vegas.mma

What a cool incentive for fans going to this event.

I think Stevenson has his work cut out for him with Bill "The Grill" Cooper. Fredson Paixao are beasts too. These are some serious matches that they put together.

LEONARD
07-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I think I'm gonna have to go to that on Saturday...

The UFC 100 site is great...

http://100.ufc.com/#/overview/

cornbread
07-03-2009, 04:11 PM
You're going to UFC 100?

LEONARD
07-03-2009, 04:57 PM
woot woot :fro

SonOfAGun
07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
This is the one UFC that I have ever contemplated paying for.

LEONARD
07-03-2009, 05:10 PM
3JujiuD9MrA

cornbread
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Lucky bastard.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Don't forget guys Countdown Show Tues July 7th at 10 pm Eastern..

4 min preview of it is up on the UFC.com main page

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm

Evan
07-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Lucky bastard.

ask him how much he paid for the tickets and how much they're worth...

angelbelow
07-04-2009, 12:43 AM
its getting close... cant wait for the fights

The TroutBum
07-04-2009, 03:51 AM
I'll take that...

K man, you were the first person to take me up on the offer. Do we have a gentleman's agreement then? I will personally paypal you 20 bucks if Mir loses, and if he wins, you will paypal me 20 bucks. Correct?

<virtual handshake>

dbreiden83080
07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
nxYFQUgIaUs

MhCdKxbsXXk&feature=channel

Please Hendo, smash this clown i am begging you...

LEONARD
07-05-2009, 09:57 AM
K man, you were the first person to take me up on the offer. Do we have a gentleman's agreement then? I will personally paypal you 20 bucks if Mir loses, and if he wins, you will paypal me 20 bucks. Correct?

<virtual handshake>

Absolutely... :toast

(I'm going to UFC 100 so you might not hear from me til Sunday)

LEONARD
07-05-2009, 10:17 AM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/100-greatest.jpg

With UFC 100 less than a week away, Spike TV is presenting a five-part special, highlighting the 100 greatest UFC fights in history, as voted on by the fans.

Voting was done over at Spike.com (Ultimate100.spike.com) or by clicking here. Fans were able to choose their top 100 fights from an extensive list of bouts selected by the UFC and Spike TV.

Each episode of “UFC’s Ultimate 100: Greatest Fights” will count down the top 100 with clips and highlights from each contest. The first one-hour installment (Part 1) will premiere tonight, July 5 at 9:00pm ET.

The next four episodes will air:

Monday, July 6 at 9:00pm ET (Part 2)
Tuesday, July 7 at 9:00pm ET (Part 3)
Wednesday, July 8 at 9:00pm ET (Part 4)
Saturday, July 11 at 9:00pm ET (Part 5)

LEONARD
07-05-2009, 01:52 PM
According to Forrest, him and Mir butted heads and the blood ended up down around his eye (towards the end of the clip)...you can see the lump up around his temple. Would've sucked if he'd have been split open...can you imagine how pissed Dana would be?

RmCfvlOT-98

dallaskd
07-05-2009, 03:08 PM
shit when was that?

LEONARD
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Fairly recent I would think...here's part 1 (posted 6 days ago) and he had it then.

u5781NN93Do

dallaskd
07-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I hope he doesnt split it right open in the first round. I dont know a lot about how fast the face heals. I don't get punched often.

LEONARD
07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I would think it won't be an issue...he'll probably still have a bruise/lump on the side of his head and a black eye come fight time though.

LEONARD
07-05-2009, 03:53 PM
http://mmawaves.com/?p=1132

Brock Lesnar Flips Out During UFC 100 Countdown Show
Saturday, July 4, 2009
By MMA Waves

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar supposedly flipped out during the UFC 100 Countdown show, according to a recap by Dave Meltzer posted on wrestling-edge.com.

Here is Meltzer’s recap of the show:

“Frank Mir does an awesome job of building up Lesnar vs. Mir. So awesome that by the end he almost turned himself heel. There is a great scene when Lesnar decides the interview is over because he’s sick of watching himself tap and wants to kill Steve Mazzagatti, walks down the hall, punches the wall, and the next door falls off the hinges into the hallway.”

UFC 100 Countdown: Lesnar vs. Mir will be premiering July 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV.

Evan
07-05-2009, 07:32 PM
the man knows how to sell a fight

dbreiden83080
07-05-2009, 07:59 PM
the man knows how to sell a fight

http://mmawaves.com/?p=1132

Brock Lesnar Flips Out During UFC 100 Countdown Show
Saturday, July 4, 2009
By MMA Waves

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar supposedly flipped out during the UFC 100 Countdown show, according to a recap by Dave Meltzer posted on wrestling-edge.com.

Here is Meltzer’s recap of the show:

“Frank Mir does an awesome job of building up Lesnar vs. Mir. So awesome that by the end he almost turned himself heel. There is a great scene when Lesnar decides the interview is over because he’s sick of watching himself tap and wants to kill Steve Mazzagatti, walks down the hall, punches the wall, and the next door falls off the hinges into the hallway.”

UFC 100 Countdown: Lesnar vs. Mir will be premiering July 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV.

LOL, Brock is awesome. The fans that hate him because of the WWE will continue to do so and they just don't get it. Everything he says and does is calculated to selling the fight..

Evan
07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
LOL, Brock is awesome. The fans that hate him because of the WWE will continue to do so and they just don't get it. Everything he says and does is calculated to selling the fight..

yup...he's worth every penny. That guy will be the highest paid MMA star of all time should he win even something small like 3 out of his next 6 fights.

Unless those rickety knees give out.

Oh by the way...I finally read what that thing is on his chest...we all know its a sword that looks like a cock but its the tip of the sword cutting into skin (which looks like the cock head) and there is blood running down (which looks like cock veins)

lol...sounds awesome on paper but Oy Vey did it turn out bad...

polandprzem
07-06-2009, 01:31 AM
According to Forrest, him and Mir butted heads and the blood ended up down around his eye (towards the end of the clip)...you can see the lump up around his temple. Would've sucked if he'd have been split open...can you imagine how pissed Dana would be?

RmCfvlOT-98

Ohh Leonard found that what I posted through the board site.
At last he put it in a fomat we can throw on other forums :tu

polandprzem
07-06-2009, 01:34 AM
yup...he's worth every penny. That guy will be the highest paid MMA star of all time should he win even something small like 3 out of his next 6 fights.

Unless those rickety knees give out.

Oh by the way...I finally read what that thing is on his chest...we all know its a sword that looks like a cock but its the tip of the sword cutting into skin (which looks like the cock head) and there is blood running down (which looks like cock veins)

lol...sounds awesome on paper but Oy Vey did it turn out bad...

Pretty much ...yup

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Main Card

Preliminary Card

dbreiden83080
07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
It's funny how arrogant Mir is here, doing a good job selling the fight though.

"Yeah i feel confident i have a 90 second win over the guy already" Yeah 85 of which you were getting your butt handed to you.. :lol

polandprzem
07-07-2009, 12:36 AM
lol ^

Hey guys it's inaccaptable we didn't get the vbookie for this event.

I PMed timvp but :(

And were't we suppose to give more text into our predictions?

LEONARD
07-07-2009, 11:53 AM
4gP-C_D1sNA

Evan
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah...what are the betting lines? lets do vbookie

LEONARD
07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.betus.com/sportsbook/ufc_100-u.f.c.-fight_lines-lines.aspx

Evan
07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks Leo...

What do y'all want to do?

Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir

How about those three? Or just 2?

Evan
07-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey if nobody replies by 5 or I am going to email Kori and Tim those 3.

We haven't done vbookie in a year..

LEONARD
07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Just those 3 I suppose...

robbie380
07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.betus.com/sportsbook/ufc_100-u.f.c.-fight_lines-lines.aspx

lol that is some pretty terrible juice

http://www.pinnaclesports.com/ContestCategory/MMA+Fight+Odds/UFC+100/Lines.aspx

dbreiden83080
07-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Leo...

What do y'all want to do?

Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir

How about those three? Or just 2?

Yeah that's cool lets do those 3. :toast

Although i may just go all in on GSP.. :lol

LEONARD
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
lol that is some pretty terrible juice

http://www.pinnaclesports.com/ContestCategory/MMA+Fight+Odds/UFC+100/Lines.aspx

I know...Betus has terrible MMA lines...

Evan
07-07-2009, 04:50 PM
ok so I take those three fights and the line db posted?

pm'ing Kori right now

LEONARD
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Lesnar training
6a2XScEzXkc

pkQu4r_Qyj8

Don't forget...Countdown is tonight...
bJ7pBfSe9eU

cornbread
07-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Leonard,
Are you going to post pics like you did back in the day when Pride went to Vegas?

dbreiden83080
07-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Good Countdown show tonight

Let me just say i know i am the resident GSP Nuthugger around here but could there have been a little more on GSP and Alves?? The UFC has not really sold this fight much. We got 35 min on Brock and Mir and like 5 on GSP and Alves. They hyped Bisping and Hendo more..

That said Brock is awesome at selling fights, he talks so much shit and plays the heel role to perfection.. Just perfection..

Bisping is an epic Douche, please Dan kick his ass..

LEONARD
07-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Leonard,
Are you going to post pics like you did back in the day when Pride went to Vegas?

I'll do my best... :fro

Doubt if I'll be able to sneak into a press conference and hang out with the fighters, but I'll see what I can do... :lol

polandprzem
07-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Umm I've sended pm to timvp about 4 days ago - today I posted in a thread and he noticed it. So maybe it's possible to get vbooks :)

Evan
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Umm I've sended pm to timvp about 4 days ago - today I posted in a thread and he noticed it. So maybe it's possible to get vbooks :)

I pm'd Kori...so...we have a shot.

polandprzem
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
http://hipernet24.pl/sklep/img_items/b/315/31563.jpg

cornbread
07-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I'll do my best... :fro

Doubt if I'll be able to sneak into a press conference and hang out with the fighters, but I'll see what I can do... :lol

You set the bar pretty high last time so I think my expectations are reasonable.

I want to see a picture of you at the after party, doing a bodyshot off of Sable's boobs while Brock cheers you on.

dbreiden83080
07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Leonard if you run into Brock, for the sake of your health, don't mention the Penis Tattoo..

cornbread
07-08-2009, 05:03 PM
...or that WWE is fake...

dbreiden83080
07-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Pro's picks for Brock and Mir plus some other articles off Sherdog..

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/pros-pick-lesnar-vs-mir-18391

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/bisping-i-dont-consider-myself-the-underdog-18392

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/5-things-to-watch-for-ufc-100-18401

dbreiden83080
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
...or that WWE is fake...

Actually you probably get hurt worse doing that than being a pro fighter. Most of the guys that did it for like 20 years and were stars can barely walk now..

cornbread
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Actually you probably get hurt worse doing that than being a pro fighter. Most of the guys that did it for like 20 years and were stars can barely walk now..

Exactly. Don't tell him it's fake Leonard.:lol

LEONARD
07-08-2009, 05:46 PM
LMAO...the chances of doing bodyshots off Sable are .0001% but I'll do my best... :fro

dbreiden83080
07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
LMAO...the chances of doing bodyshots off Sable are .0001% but I'll do my best... :fro

Track down Arianny. she's way hotter...

LEONARD
07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
.0000000000000000000000001% chance

phyzik
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=ApFMbxMUyTvv.YAl_UYI_U85nYcB?slug=dw-lesnarmir070909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lesnar, Mir share barbs, family pics

LAS VEGAS – Brock Lesnar was arriving for his scheduled media session to promote UFC 100. Frank Mir was just leaving his completed one.

That’s when the two ran into each other, just down the hall from where workers were assembling an eight-sided cage where they can beat each other’s brains and bend each other’s bones Saturday here at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

Lesnar and Mir had spent the past few months taking shots at each other, each claiming he was the legitimate heavyweight champion and boasting about future domination.

Lesnar called Mir “a glorified Karate Kid.”

Mir mocked Lesnar’s Brazilian jiu-jitsu skills.

Lesnar, in a Spike TV interview, got so tired of watching a replay of Mir submitting him in their February 2008 fight, he stormed out and punched a door so hard it busted off its hinges.

Meanwhile, Mir moved on and decided to mock Lesnar’s coaches for not teaching the big guy basic defense.

“Yeah, I enjoy poking at the bear,” Mir laughed. “Keep poking at the bear.
ADVERTISEMENT

“Maybe your opponent has a weak mind so maybe his coaches are keeping him away from you,” Mir continued, as subtle as a falling safe. “So maybe you screw with the coaches, maybe you say bad things about them, like they don’t know how to teach martial arts. Then they’re upset.”

Oh, Lesnar has screwed with Mir and Mir has screwed right back. It’s made for great sound bites, great television and mostly great hype leading up to this much-anticipated rematch.

There was Lesnar on Spike TV this week, claiming Mir benefitted in their first fight from a decision by referee Steve Mazzagatti. He half-jokingly accused them of sharing a hot tub together.

“I think [Mazzagatti’s] a cool guy, but I haven’t been in any hot tubs with him,” Mir laughed. He then noted that before the last fight, Mazzagatti had specifically warned against strikes to the head, which Lesnar was penalized for. So maybe Lesnar should’ve listened.

Undeterred, Lesnar claimed Mir grew up a nerd.

“That was a funny one,” Mir acknowledged. “I liked that one.”

“He had some good stuff,” Lesnar admitted. “I think mine were better.”

One of the reasons UFC president Dana White took a chance on Lesnar, a former champion in the scripted World Wrestling Entertainment, was that he could also bring a little bit of showmanship to the table.

Lesnar, 31, could sell a fight – in this case, the main event of a milestone card that is expected to produce a mixed martial arts record of more than 1.3 million pay-per-view buys.

“I worked for the circus,” Lesnar said of the WWE. “For me, [the back-and-forth insults] is a chance for me to let some personality out because I don’t do it a lot. I’m a private guy, but if I want to add a little salt and pepper on every once in awhile, that’s fine with me.”

The insults are not just showmanship, though. Lesnar is an undeniably intimidating dude, with little patience for anything.

Part of his mystique comes from his physique – a 6-foot-3, 265-pound mountain of a body. “I don’t exactly blend in with the crowd,” he joked.

The guy’s hands are so big, the UFC had to make him custom, triple XL-sized gloves. His shoulders look like they were cut from the trunk of a huge oak. His head is big and thick and sits sturdy on top of an oversized neck.

He lives deep in the Minnesota woods, where he lifts weights, drives around on tractors and emerges every so often to “get in a fight.” He abhors materialism and strives for simplicity. If it weren’t for hunting shows, he says he’d throw the family television out. If not a UFC star, he says he’d be a farmer.

He isn’t particularly jovial. On Wednesday, he was surrounded by lawyers and agents that take themselves way too seriously. He got shuffled about in a self-important manner that runs counter to the down-to-earth style of every other star in mixed martial arts. Everything around him seemed stressed.

Then to top it off, he’s liable to flash anger at any moment. He boasts that he has no respect for any opponent.

“I didn’t have any respect for Randy [Couture], I didn’t have any respect for Heath [Herring], I don’t have any respect for Frank,” he said. “There’s going to be a winner, there’s going to be a loser. As soon as you step in and have any respect for your opponent, I think you become the loser a hell of a lot sooner.”

No one knows what he’s going to do or if he can be contained. He’s the ultimate leading man for the UFC, with natural charisma to go along with his on-the-edge demeanor. Fans love him or hate him. They never ignore him. He knows that’s his role.

“There’s a lot of entertainment value to this stuff,” Lesnar said.

And that’s the complex side of him. He was in a pretty good mood Wednesday. He talked about how he’s “happy with my life.” He repeatedly spoke about his commitment to being a good husband and father.

He even laughed about the door he smashed off its hinges in his gym.

“You know, I just got done working out, I didn’t want to be there, I wanted to go home [and] eat,” he smiled. “I’m a sore loser. I don’t like to lose. To watch it over and over again was frustrating. I wanted the interview to be done. So I exited the building.”

He shrugged.

“It was just in the way and I was going through.”

He might as well laugh about it, because Mir already was. Perhaps Lesnar didn’t intimidate Couture or Hearing either, but he certainly won’t scare Mir. If part of Lesnar’s success comes from the psyche-out, he’ll have to win this one shorthanded.

Mir has reveled in giving it back to Lesnar, trying to turn the tables. And why not? He already survived two massive punches in the first fight, and while Mir certainly fell down, he notes that he was never so rattled that he stopped attempting submissions. Eventually he caught Lesnar in a knee bar. MMA is about mental strength, and that, he laughs, makes this a no contest.

Perhaps. Or perhaps he just hopes that idea gets inside Lesnar’s head.

If so, the first stare down of this contest was taking place at an unscheduled time and an unexpected place. The UFC had staggered the fighters’ interviews an hour apart to avoid just this type of meeting. There were no cameras around. Few people. This was real. The trash talk had been incessant and personal. You poke the bear and maybe the bear pokes back.

“Hey, Brock,” Mir said, extending a hand.

“Hey, Frank,” Lesnar said, shaking it.

They stopped, smiled and exchanged pleasantries. Mir’s wife, Jen, asked about Lesnar’s new baby boy. Lesnar returned the favor by asking about the Mirs’ 4-week old son. Jen produced a picture of the kids.

And just like that, so much for the animosity. The unsuspecting gym door was long forgotten. They’ll save the heat for the octagon on Saturday night.

Poke the Teddy Bear?

“That’s nice,” Lesnar said, looking gently at the Mir family picture he held in the huge hand that he plans on punching the patriarch of the clan with on Saturday. “That’s really nice.”

LEONARD
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
p-VIpCxyZaA

tlongII
07-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Can't wait for Saturday night...

angelbelow
07-10-2009, 02:54 AM
haha caught the spike special on UFC 100, it looked like mir and lesnar were watching the other talk smack cause they had a bunch of comebacks for what each other said.

LEONARD
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
ESPN.com put a fad that peaked in 2006 on their front page!!! WTF!!! :lol
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/139230/espndotcom_medium.jpg

Evan
07-10-2009, 11:55 AM
cover of foxsports.com too

LEONARD
07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
CaptMike doesn't come around here anymore...sad really... :lol

IX_Equilibrium
07-10-2009, 05:13 PM

:lol He probably left with his tail between his legs a long time ago. Not surprising.

dallaskd
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I will be watching but wont be able to discuss the fights for a couple days!

oligarchy
07-10-2009, 06:11 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/mvqlw8.jpg

dallaskd
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM

he still must be butt hurt from the college sports forum

Evan
07-10-2009, 08:20 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/mvqlw8.jpg

people who train on the UG say that elbow is no big deal.

So I guess we don't get vbookie

dallaskd
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL sherdog has a huge Barnett vs Fedor bg on the eve of the biggest UFC event ever.

dallaskd
07-10-2009, 09:08 PM
weigh in play by play:

Would 5,000 people show up to watch Peyton Manning stare really, really hard at an opposing quarterback the day before a game?

There is no other major sport that attracts a crowd of thousands, television cameras, and media in order to witness some heavy tension, but here’s the exception: the UFC and their weigh-ins, which have by now become as accepted a ritual at events as getting drunk and nearly throwing up on Mandy Moore.

7:01 p.m. ET: Announcer Joe Rogan busts out the f-word, just to stick it to those mainstream cameras. Shannon Gugerty is first to take the stage. 156 lbs. Matt Grice clocks in at 155.

7:03 p.m. ET: Tom Lawlor instantly endears himself to hardcores by paying homage to the “Just Bleed” drunkard from the early days. I was too mesmerized to even catch his weight. Opponent CB Dollaway is 186.

7:06 p.m. ET: Lawlor’s is a tough act to follow. T.J. Grant is 170. Dong Hyun Kim is 171.

7:07 p.m. ET: Jake O'Brien appears to be hit from a shrink ray from his heavyweight days: 206 lbs. Jon Jones gets a big reaction. 206.

7:09 p.m. ET: Jim Miller is a lean 155, Mac Danzig a dehydrated 154.

7:11 p.m. ET: Stephan Bonnar keeps his composure as he undresses to face Mark Coleman. He pulls out his cell phone to say hi to his mom in a bit that falls somewhat flat. 206 lbs. Mark Coleman steps to the scale, visibly winded. He looks up at the clock. 205 lbs.

7:12 p.m. ET: Thiago pushes over Coleman’s limp body on the scale in order to step on. 170. Jon Fitch is a sinewy 170.

7:14 p.m. ET: Alan Belcher has a tattoo of either Elvis or Chuck Zito on his left arm [ed: it's Johnny Cash]. 186 lbs. Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama is a very tanned 185 lbs.

7:16 p.m. ET: Bisping comes out to crowd love worthy of Madoff. He’s clearly enjoying the repulsion. 185 lbs. Dan Henderson gets a much better reception, pandering to the crowd with a US flag t-shirt. 185 lbs.

7:18 p.m. ET: Thiago Alves comes out to a mixed reaction. 170 on the button. Georges St. Pierre is sporting an elbow goiter. If that thing pops mid-fight, good luck to the front row. 170.

7:22 p.m. ET: Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are queued up. If Lesnar doesn’t make 265, he might double-leg the scale; Rogan announces that a 92 lb. allowance will be made for Mir’s ego.

Mir is in tremendous shape. 245, lighter than he’s been since -- ever? Lesnar gets a smattering of boos. He tosses his t-shirt into the crowd. 265. Some pec jiggling for the ladies.

dallaskd
07-10-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/9138-34_LesnarMirUFC100weigh.jpg
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/9138-30_StPierreAlvesUFC100weigh.jpg

Mir looked really cut at weigh ins. Lesnar looked extra-heavy. Alves looked pretty big next to GSP.

Evan
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
LOL sherdog has a huge Barnett vs Fedor bg on the eve of the biggest UFC event ever.

I hate that shit site...visit that site and then run a spyware cleaner and see what happens.

dallaskd
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
The weigh-ins blew my mind. Mir looked like he is in amazing shape. Brock looked deflated.

Evan
07-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Leonard is drunk texting from Vegas

djohn14
07-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I saw Mir and I was like Damn...Im proud of him, and I hope he wins.

The TroutBum
07-11-2009, 12:49 AM
I could have intercourse with Mir, seriously. If he loses, I might just have to cut my face off.

polandprzem
07-11-2009, 02:00 AM
- Thiago Alves, who has had trouble making weight in the past, grabbed a bottle immediately after weighing in.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/mma/post/2009/07/68494176/1

BlackSwordsMan
07-11-2009, 02:19 AM
w/e he was drinking looked good
I'm thirsty

SonOfAGun
07-11-2009, 11:33 AM
lmao I actually had a dream last night about trying to find the stream

That's never happened before.

Evan
07-11-2009, 03:03 PM
streams will be useless tonight...way too many people. You have to buy this one.

cornbread
07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
streams will be useless tonight...way too many people. You have to buy this one.

That sucks considering that right now I'm poor as hell and just moved to a new city where I don't have any friends to mooch off.

Evan
07-11-2009, 03:27 PM
That sucks considering that right now I'm poor as hell and just moved to a new city where I don't have any friends to mooch off.

Are you in Dallas?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2009, 04:02 PM
What time does this bad boy start, how long is it supposed to last, and what's the estimated time of the lesnar/mir fight? I might walk into buffalo wild wings just to watch the finale :smokin

Evan
07-11-2009, 04:48 PM
What time does this bad boy start, how long is it supposed to last, and what's the estimated time of the lesnar/mir fight? I might walk into buffalo wild wings just to watch the finale :smokin

9pm central time
midnight
and roughly 11:20'ish?

BlackSwordsMan
07-11-2009, 05:15 PM
streams are gonna be sought more than the arc

cornbread
07-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Are you in Dallas?

The other big D...Denver. Kinda of ironic considering it's the location of UFC 1.:lol

cornbread
07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
BTW, Mir looks like he's in the best shape ever.

Evan
07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
$55 for glorious HD on U-Verse

*orders*

djohn14
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Dudes Dana White just called me and gave me a 10 percent discount!

Evan
07-11-2009, 07:27 PM
*mind blown*

djohn14
07-11-2009, 07:56 PM
*mind blown*

I know...I almost jizzed in my pants!

Evan
07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
^ well I did!

djohn14
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Evan...where do you seen Jon Jones a year from now?

SonOfAGun
07-11-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.ufc.com/multicast/

Evan
07-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Evan...where do you seen Jon Jones a year from now?

probably with a 10-1 record.I could see him winning tonight easy.

djohn14
07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
probably with a 10-1 record.I could see him winning tonight easy.

you think he can be a star?

benefactor
07-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I watch most of the fights online, but I ponied up the dough for this one tonight. Can't wait for it to start.

2centsworth
07-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Even I the anti-mma junkie is buying this event. To watch by myself no less

Evan
07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
you think he can be a star?

way too early to tell but the dude has skills...he's only like 21 I think. going to be great following his career.

Spursfan092120
07-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I am so psyched for this..got so excited I almost spent the money to buy it...lol...then I remembered...streams are beautiful when only one person is watching. :)

Evan
07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
good luck on the streams working for more than an hour.

Leonard just texted and said there is two huge blood baths

Evan
07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
this one is worth every penny

Spursfan092120
07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
good luck on the streams working for more than an hour.

Leonard just texted and said there is two huge blood baths
what do you mean? The streams aren't working?

Evan
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
what do you mean? The streams aren't working?

a fight this big there will be way too many people watching and the streams will be clogged.

Spursfan092120
07-11-2009, 08:55 PM
a fight this big there will be way too many people watching and the streams will be clogged.
oh...I'm on a site right now...hopefully it doesn't screw up...but it's one where you have to download some add on to Firefox, so I'm hoping people won't choose it..lol

PuttPutt
07-11-2009, 09:11 PM
I broke down & bought it. My isp is going way too slow the last 2 days. Streams aren't working well.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Close, close decision. I don't think he was robbed like Joe is saying though. Belcher spent a lot of time on his back during the second round and was taken down late in the 3rd. Really could have gone either way.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice first showing by Akiyama. He seems to be very technically sound. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of his Judo. He looks like he needs to work on his cardio and keeping his hands up though. If they do not cut weight in Japan like it was mentioned, he might want to think about dropping down to 170.

djohn14
I missed a lot of that fight...Im glad Akiyama won though...missed too much to tell if he diserved it or not.

Heath Ledger
my stream is working flawlessly

benefactor
07-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Hendu better own Bisping. I used to like Bisping but after seeing how big of a douche he was on TUF I don't really care for him anymore.

Evan
07-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Holy Shit Shogun looks huge...like 215 of ripped muscle huge

benefactor
07-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Goooodnight!

Behrooz24
07-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Satisfaction :)

benefactor
07-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Damn...KTFO. I'm gonna need someone to make me a gif of that one.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
07-11-2009, 10:02 PM
HOLY SHIT Da Count got worked!

Slinkyman
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't know if anyone has ever needed to get knocked out more then bisping.

djohn14
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Haha...it looks like he did a superman punch to the ground...and hit it right on the button...didnt matter though haha. Thank you Hollywood!

kromediablo
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
i hope GSP gets knocked out by thiago because BJPENN rules forever!!!

djohn14
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM
i hope GSP gets knocked out by thiagoYes Yes Yes!

because BJPENN rules forever!!!

No No No!

benefactor
07-11-2009, 10:13 PM
This is going to be a good fight. GSP will have to be very solid technically because he will not be able to overwhelm him physically.

kromediablo
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Grease-gate!!!!!

resistanze
07-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Thiago looks like shit.

Behrooz24
07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Jab andaloddamoobment

kromediablo
07-11-2009, 10:47 PM
daym what happend to the explosive knockout power of thiago? AWOL!!! lol

djohn14
07-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Well Fuck

benefactor
07-11-2009, 10:53 PM
lol...maybe it won't be a good fight.

It's pretty incredible how GSP can dominate fighters that are so much bigger than him. Dude is a lot like Anderson Silva in that he has a lot more power than his frame suggests.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Jab andaloddamoobment
:lol

djohn14
07-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Ok....did I just miss Paulo Thiago-Jon Fitch?

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I wonder if something happened and the could not fight. Certainly they would announce it if that was the case though.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:05 PM
If this fight makes it past the second round the Lesnar is in trouble. He will being to tire and Mir will sub him.

resistanze
07-11-2009, 11:18 PM
lol wtf was Brock doing

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Lesnar with the douchebag move.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Maxiiiimummmmm intenssssitttyyyyyy!

Mr Dio
07-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Brock would PIMP FakeDor.
Why is FakeDor in a FAKE organization? Why won't he fight any true top comp?

Vaj....like his fans.......

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Fuck Lesnar. Fedor would put him in a body bag.

djohn14
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Fuck you Brock Lesnar...Fuck you...I hope Shane Carwin/Cain Velasquez kicks your ass

Behrooz24
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Wow what a fuckin douche bag

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:25 PM
I wish he could fight Couture 5 years ago. He would get owned. The only reason he is relevant is because there is no good heavyweights in the UFC.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Alright...we are gonna get to watch the Fitch fight. :tu

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
what did he do?

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
what did he do?
He talked a bunch of shit to Mir right after the fight...the proceeded to flip off all the fans that booed him for it.

ATRAIN
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Thats right bitches....undisputed!!!

benefactor
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Jon Fitch is a badass. I have always liked him. Hopefully he exposes Thiago.

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2009, 11:35 PM
so he's playing the heel

angelbelow
07-11-2009, 11:41 PM
wow what an event.

BlackSwordsMan
07-12-2009, 12:03 AM
lol lesnar
fuck mir

djohn14
07-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I have a request...if anyone could find a video of the Jon Jones-Jake O'Brien prelim and have it here when I wake up in the A.M....Well I have a recipe for some Chicken and Rice Casserole with your name on it!

SonOfAGun
07-12-2009, 12:21 AM
lmao, my internet quit working right at 9, wtf.

I'll have to try not seeing the results until I can watch 100 some time tomorrow hopefully.

jackseven
07-12-2009, 01:01 AM
I have never ever bought a PPV but I bought this one just so I could see Brock Lesnar beat the fuck out of Mir and that is exactly what happened. Worth every damn penny. For those of you who missed it, here is what happened:

-Frank Mir comes out to Amazing (Kanye)
-Lesnar comes out to Sandman (Metallica)
-Mir looks relaxed; physically Mir is lean and muscular
-Lesnar looks very intent and mean; Lesnar just looks absolutely huge - not fat but just muscle everywhere, he has a very strong/thick torso
-Herb Dean calls both to the center and says touch gloves
-Mir puts his out, Lesnar turns around and walks away - crowd has big reaction (ohhhhh)
-First round Lesnar comes out cautious and measures Mir, eventually both get locked up and Lesnar out muscles him to land on top
- Lesnar eventually gets one arm behind Mir's head and gets several short distance, but powerful shots to his ribs and face, Mir gives his corner the thumbs up as he remains calm and you can tell is searching for a submission much like he did in the first fight
- First round ends with Lesnar dominate (on top and getting a few shots after his several calculated hits, Mir has a huge knot on his cheek and is bloodied but retains a unworried demeanor after they are stood up

*Break*

Frank Mir's corner gives him instructions per usual; Brock Lesnar's corner says nothing but good job (from what we see on TV)

2nd round begins with Lesnar measuring and cautious once again. He gets Mir down again but doesn't pursue and Mir stands back up. I think Lesnar didn't want to walk right into Mir's guard

The two move back and forth a little bit with Lesnar swinging and missing a few times. Mir catches Lesnar with a partial punch and a good knee to the face. Crowd picks up and gets very excited (crowd obviously pro Mir).

Lesnar might be hurting at this point but he falls right on top of Mir so he recovers. He goes back to the same position he had on Mir in the first round when he was punching him. He gets him in the corner and starts getting shots. Finally, he grabs Mir's wrist and holds it behind Mir's back and just beats the fuck out of him.

Herb Dean does a great job of letting it go until there was no doubt. Mir was getting pounded unmercifully. His face is mauled.

After it's over Lesnar celebrates a little bit and then walks over to Mir and talks trash - letting him know what he thinks of him. You couldn't hear what he said but it was kind of like a do you want more bitch, I'll beat the fuck out of you kind of thing.

Dana White has dollar signs in his eyes as he wraps the belt around Lesnar.

Rogan interviews Lesnar and asks for his thoughts - Lesnar says he loves it. Lesnar said he went up to Mir because he had a horse shoe in his ass... and now he hit him with it. Lesnar said he was going to drink coors light because bud light wouldn't pay him anything. Lesnar said he was going to spend time with his family and friends and maybe get on top of his wife.

Mir gets interviewed and basically says he just got beat and that he made some stupid mistakes and shouldn't have let a guy that big and strong get on top of him. Pretty humble.

My Take:

I loved this fight so much. Best fight I've ever seen. I was pulling for Brock so much and was celebrating when he won.

Joe Rogan was pulling the class card like Brock Lesnar was being a dick, but I loved everything he did. I don't know how these guys go so easily from wanting to knock someone out to kissing and hugging and Brock Lesnar was none of that. Mir was humble after the fight but he talked a lot of shit pre-fight and Lesnar did too. Lesnar beat his ass and let Mir know that's what's up.

I loved that he didn't tap gloves and I loved that he just came out and beat the fuck out of him and then told him about it afterwards. Fuck all the best friends stuff. This was a fight and Lesnar came out serious and very much wanting to avenge his loss. You can only imagine how cocky Mir would have been had he won.

On a whole, I'm so glad I ordered this card. All 3 of the main fights went to my picks and two of them were explosive fights. Wish I was in Vegas but glad I got to see it live.

The big question is who can even stand in the ring with Brock. Right now I don't think there's an answer. Couture and Sylvia come to mind but they would get murdered.

Awesome card! UFC 100 lived up to 1000% of the hype!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Herb Dean does a great job of letting it go until there was no doubt. Mir was getting pounded unmercifully. His face is mauled.

Herb fucked up. He should have stood them up (I guess the solid minute where the crowd was chanting 'stand them up' wasn't enough for him to pull his head out of his ass, but then again that's not the first time Herb has sat around while nothing happened on the ground for too long).

After it's over Lesnar celebrates a little bit and then walks over to Mir and talks trash - letting him know what he thinks of him. You couldn't hear what he said but it was kind of like a do you want more bitch, I'll beat the fuck out of you kind of thing.

Celebrates a little bit? Uh, as soon as Mir got up Brock charged in on him. Dude was a total douche bag. I guess you think guys like GSP, Penn, Lyoto, etc. are pussies or something. They all show class in their fights.

Can't wait til' someone knocks the poster child for 'Roid Rage the fuck out. He deserves it.

Evan
07-12-2009, 02:03 AM
The more people who hate Lesnar the better it is for the UFC and Lesnar.

Brock is is like Tito and Terrell Owens rolled up in a burrito.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2009, 02:11 AM
so he's playing the heel

bingo.

Evan
07-12-2009, 02:21 AM
so he's playing the heel

kinda yeah...I mean I am sure the guy really is a dick but he is magnifying it.

tsb2000
07-12-2009, 02:25 AM
Right after the fight, Lesnar said to Mir, "Talk all the shit you want now!" Brock is awesome. Mir is a tool. I was hoping Nog would have pounded him a while back, but no luck and Mir kept running his mouth. Mir said in the pre-fight that he would beat Lesnar 99 times out of 100. Hmmm...I guess that means he's got to win 98 in a row now, right?

tsb2000
07-12-2009, 02:28 AM
Speaking of shit talkers that got their mouths shut- give it up for Hendo! Bisping is now officially his bitch!

Evan
07-12-2009, 02:29 AM
For the record I love Brock...so awesome to have someone like that making headlines.

tsb2000
07-12-2009, 02:31 AM
I tell ya, this card was worth the money at twice the price. Almost makes me mad I didn't make the trip to LV to go see it in person.

IronMexican
07-12-2009, 03:06 AM
After watching this, I decided to DL UFC Undisputed :tu

jackseven
07-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Herb fucked up. He should have stood them up (I guess the solid minute where the crowd was chanting 'stand them up' wasn't enough for him to pull his head out of his ass, but then again that's not the first time Herb has sat around while nothing happened on the ground for too long).

Celebrates a little bit? Uh, as soon as Mir got up Brock charged in on him. Dude was a total douche bag. I guess you think guys like GSP, Penn, Lyoto, etc. are pussies or something. They all show class in their fights.

Can't wait til' someone knocks the poster child for 'Roid Rage the fuck out. He deserves it.

Don't be a bitch because your guy got his ass kicked.

Stand them up? Lesnar was stagnant on top of Mir for a few seconds before they started chanting. I don't blame them, they were all going for Mir and they knew he was going to get a beating. Lesnar got clipped, recovered for a few seconds, Herb Dean said do something and he started making progress and then beat Mir's head in.

Second, I got nothing but admiration for a lot of these fighters. I really like GSP. 99% of these guys are badasses. GSP is a really nice guy and he carries himself well, but I love Brock Lesnar's demeanor.

It's a fight. He's going to beat the fuck out of you and he's not your best friend when it's over. He did talk shit after it was over but he earned it and Mir ran his mouth all prefight.

Roid rage? Weak. You know they get tested and you're just calling names because Mir got destroyed. Lesnar is a freak of nature athletic beast that has worked his ass off to get to the apex.

You're going to have to wait awhile. You better get that video of Mir's submission because that's the closest you're going to see to a knockout for some time.

jackseven
07-12-2009, 03:12 AM
I tell ya, this card was worth the money at twice the price. Almost makes me mad I didn't make the trip to LV to go see it in person.

Same here. Would have loved to have been at Mandalay for this one. Would be kicking myself if I passed on the PPV.

That Henderson KO was super sweet. That is the biggest windup I've ever seen someone land so cleanly. After the follow through punch and then medical personnel I thought he was seriously hurt.

IronMexican
07-12-2009, 03:47 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I couldn't watch this last night. When I got to Buffalo Wild Wings at 1030 there were people spilling outside of the building, and the porch with 5 TVs was so full that people were standing on the sides of the building and in the grass just gathered around all the TVs

lol.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't be a bitch because your guy got his ass kicked.

Stand them up? Lesnar was stagnant on top of Mir for a few seconds before they started chanting. I don't blame them, they were all going for Mir and they knew he was going to get a beating. Lesnar got clipped, recovered for a few seconds, Herb Dean said do something and he started making progress and then beat Mir's head in.

Second, I got nothing but admiration for a lot of these fighters. I really like GSP. 99% of these guys are badasses. GSP is a really nice guy and he carries himself well, but I love Brock Lesnar's demeanor.

It's a fight. He's going to beat the fuck out of you and he's not your best friend when it's over. He did talk shit after it was over but he earned it and Mir ran his mouth all prefight.

Roid rage? Weak. You know they get tested and you're just calling names because Mir got destroyed. Lesnar is a freak of nature athletic beast that has worked his ass off to get to the apex.

You're going to have to wait awhile. You better get that video of Mir's submission because that's the closest you're going to see to a knockout for some time.

Um, you're the bitch. I like Lesnar, but it's more about being an MMA fan for me. I like watching great fights. I think Herb is a subpar official in the UFC, and has a problem resetting matches, and missed the boat again last night.

I said what I said about Lesnar because he was a douche last night. I was a fan of his until I saw how he acted after the fight was over. Act like you've been there.

The 'roid rage thing was tongue in cheek/beer, but the fact remains he was an asshole after the fight. You can spin his post-fight actions any way you want, but from trying to get in Frank's face to flipping off the crowd to him talking shit about Mir when Mir submitted his ass last time they fought, Lesnar was plain and simple a little bitch last night.

ATRAIN
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Bisping getting knocked the fuck out was worth every fucking penny for this PPV!!!! SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH UP NOW YOU DAMN HOOLIGAN HAHAHA.

ATRAIN
07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

:downspin::lol:lol:rollin

djohn14
07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
So...no Jon Jones?

IX_Equilibrium
07-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I said what I said about Lesnar because he was a douche last night. I was a fan of his until I saw how he acted after the fight was over. Act like you've been there.

The 'roid rage thing was tongue in cheek/beer, but the fact remains he was an asshole after the fight. You can spin his post-fight actions any way you want, but from trying to get in Frank's face to flipping off the crowd to him talking shit about Mir when Mir submitted his ass last time they fought, Lesnar was plain and simple a little bitch last night.

I agree because I thought the way Lesnar acted was pathetic. Will Lesnar's antics bring a lot of new fans into MMA? Maybe. Is that good for the sport? Not in my opinion. But if all the UFC cares about is making money, this question really doesn't matter.

I am into MMA because of the fighting. I find the hype/controversial ploys to be silly and boring. I like fighters like GSP or Machida who don't feel like they need antics to further their careers. They exude professionalism, and that can only help the image of MMA.

Of course, if the UFC gets a lot of new fans because of Lesnar, fans who love the WWE and buy into to all of this antics bullshit, you won't hear the UFC complain. It's all about the $$. But I know I'd like the UFC a lot less if more fighters acted like the classless piece of shit that Lesnar is.

That being said, I don't deny that Lesnar has talent and fighting ability. I just hope that Dana can sign Fedor after his last fight with Affliction so he can annihilate Lesnar.

SonOfAGun
07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Wow, this is very interesting for the UFC & MMA.

This new age transition where all of these wwe homos are coming to the sport because one of their soap opera heroes came over is funny. I was on the fence about Brock. At times he seemed humble and a man of few words which I liked, but the more I see him the more he comes off as a giant douchebag. I'm guessing that is his wcw marketing genius which make sense. Giving the fans the finger and spitting on the camera? ugh

It's great to have such a bad guy because eventually someone will be able to take him on and Brock's fall will be epic.

oligarchy
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Wow.. people bitching about Lesnar, there's a new one.

There's nothing worse than all the pre-fight hype where people pretend to hate each other (Penn & Sherk is prime example), then they want to make out after the fight. I don't care if you believe that is class, that is more BS than what Brock is pulling. Lesnar is selling fights and keeping it going. He isn't pretending to be a bad guy and then being the nice guy in the same sentence. He's just completely filling his role. Tito is the only person I can think of (Tito/K Shamrock) that played a real heel.

cornbread
07-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Don't forget about Tim Sylvia. Him being a heel is what made Couture's win over him so awesome for the fans. Brock is going to dominate for a while, he'll continue to be a heel. Somebody will come along and beat him and it will be a lot of fun for the fans.

BTW, Matt Hughes used to have the best guard passing in the game. No doubt about it, GSP's guard passing is now the best out there. He showed he is the most evolved fighter and the crowd loved it.