PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ Artest ejection

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Lol...

Artest was signaling what Kobe did to him, like something to his neck, and Joey Crapford took it as Artest threatening Kobe.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
I will admit..that's pretty fucked up right there...I do think the neck slashing was bullshit..I think he was talking shit right there...because when he came up to Kobe, he said, "you hit me in my forehead.." then, after the neck slash, he changed it to "he hit me in my throat..." I don't know.

MmP
05-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah probably, but I think that the ejection will bring more good than bad to Rockets despite losing this one. He made a point by taking himself out. He forced the replay the play that might have gotten away from officials if he hadn't ranted. Probably Kobe should be suspended. IMO

monosylab1k
05-07-2009, 12:20 AM
He hit him in the throat.

Don't be shocked if Artest is suspended a game. He made physical contact with the official when he first started bitching about getting elbowed.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah probably, but I think that the ejection will bring more good than bad to Rockets despite losing this one. He made a point by taking himself out. He forced the replay the play that might have gotten away from officials if he hadn't ranted. Probably Kobe should be suspended. IMO
Creative thinking..and that could be what Ron Ron was thinking..Kobe won't get suspended though..

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:22 AM
I will admit..that's pretty fucked up right there...I do think the neck slashing was bullshit..I think he was talking shit right there...because when he came up to Kobe, he said, "you hit me in my forehead.." then, after the neck slash, he changed it to "he hit me in my throat..." I don't know.

man I don't know, I will say that at first it looked like he the neck slash, but after the multiple replays you can see after the foul he's complaining holding his neck, that kobe elbowed his neck, then later he did again, then in front of crawford he did it...and crawford took it as a threat to kobe.

lol. poor ron ron man. his reputation will always precede him.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 12:22 AM

Don't be shocked if Artest is suspended a game. He made physical contact with the official when he first started bitching about getting elbowed.
If Stu suspends him, that will be fucked up...I will no longer cheer for the Lakers in this series...I don't care about that certain douchebag Rocket fan that made me cheer for the Lakers...I will completely change allegiances..just like that...

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:23 AM

to be honest i didn't really see a good angle at what kobe did, how bad was the elbow? fine / suspension worthy? well assuming it wasn't kobe...cuz of course he won't be suspended.

MmP
If NBA takes the rules like they should he'd be suspended. If the think in the ratings, wel..

Please_dont_ban_me

really? i didn't see much contact...as in him hitting the official or anything.

MmP
05-07-2009, 12:24 AM
to be honest i didn't really see a good angle at what kobe did, how bad was the elbow? fine / suspension worthy? well assuming it wasn't kobe...cuz of course he won't be suspended.
It was a direct and purpuse hit. No question that it was intentional. Let's see if the NBA behaves and gives him the suspension he needs.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
man I don't know, I will say that at first it looked like he the neck slash, but after the multiple replays you can see after the foul he's complaining holding his neck, that kobe elbowed his neck, then later he did again, then in front of crawford he did it...and crawford took it as a threat to kobe.

lol. poor ron ron man. his reputation will always precede him.
yeah..I know...that's what sucks..reputation really fucks with you. I'm just wondering why he told Kobe "you hit me in my forehead.." but after the neck slash he said "he hit me in my throat.." guess I'll have to get a better look at it.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Let's see what the Inside the NBA crew thinks...maybe they'll mention Kobe maybe getting suspended..that will MAKE Stu look at it.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:26 AM
I dont think they threw Ron because of the neck slashing thing. It was because he went and yelled in his face and then kept bitching.

Na man, I'm pretty sure it was the throat gesture.

You see Crawford seperating them, and it looked like he was going to call a Tech on Ron. Then Ron makes the throat gesture and RIGHT AFTER THAT Joey blows his whistle and gestures that Ron Artest is ejected.

I'm pretty sure the throat thing put him over the top.

MmP
05-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Creative thinking..and that could be what Ron Ron was thinking..Kobe won't get suspended though..
Yeah, I hope Ron was thinking that. But probably Im just assuming him too much of a brain considering what he has done in the past.

Spursfan092120

You see Crawford seperating them, and it looked like he was going to call a Tech on Ron. Then Ron makes the throat gesture and RIGHT AFTER THAT Joey blows his whistle and gestures that Ron Artest is ejected.

yeah...it was. You can't threaten another player..that's an automatic ejection, and that's what Crawford took it as.

Please_dont_ban_me
It was a direct and purpuse hit. No question that it was intentional. Let's see if the NBA behaves and gives him the suspension he needs.

I seriously doubt it, no matter how bad it was.

We'll see...cuz Dwight did get suspended, but he's not Kobe.

ducks
I dont think they threw Ron because of the neck slashing thing. It was because he went and yelled in his face and then kept bitching.

he had a right to

Spursfan092120
Yeah, I hope Ron was thinking that. But probably Im just assuming him too much of a brain considering what he has done in the past.
lol..could be.

Danny.Zhu
Lol...

Artest was signaling what Kobe did to him, like something to his neck, and Joey Crapford took it as Artest threatening Kobe.

It isn't surprising after you see Joey took Tim's laughing as a crime.

iggypop123
05-07-2009, 12:28 AM
ron's reputation and the neck slash= bad combination. given all the T's before that the refs took all precautions

iggypop123
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM

its people trying to get a defensive rebound. it wasnt like this was 20 ft away from the paint like the first incident.

MmP
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM

To be honest, I thought the same thing when I saw Ron with that throat thing. I thought he was threating him (not too crazy to think knowing Ron) but then I realized he was just pointing at his throat. But I think it was well ejected rather he was threating Kobe or not. If you let that guy on the floor you don't know what's gonna happen and Stern doesn't want no more epic fights with fans in his NBA custom business.

Kriz-Maxima
05-07-2009, 12:30 AM
When I first saw it I also interpreted as a threat. He looked like he had lost it and kept going at it, so him getting thrown out wasn't surprising.

MmP
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
ron's reputation and the neck slash= bad combination. given all the T's before that the refs took all precautions

Exactly.

daslicer
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Kobe knew what he was doing it was a cold calculating move. He knew that Artest would lose his cool once the dirty elbow was thrown that either Artest going to run up to him and punch him and get tossed for the series or starting yelling and the refs will eject him. Kobe is not a fighter I have seen it before him bait guys into hitting him Chris Childs, Raja Bell, and then walking away.

E20
05-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Kobe should not mess with Ron. Ron is pyscho insane. lol If Ron gets suspended and Fisher doesn't then LMAO

JamStone
When attempting to try to show how you got hit in the throat, it's probably not a bright idea to make a slashing motion with your hand.

TheNextGen
I seriously doubt it, no matter how bad it was.

We'll see...cuz Dwight did get suspended, but he's not Kobe.

Im assuming you just started watching the NBA and forgot the two dumb suspensions Kobe got for flailing his arms during a shot?

Please_dont_ban_me

No doubt.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. My initial reaction was 'whoa, did he just? wtf is he thinking. ron's gone crazy against *doesn't take eyes off screen*

monosylab1k
05-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Im assuming you just started watching the NBA and forgot the two dumb suspensions Kobe got for flailing his arms during a shot?

regular season.

Kriz-Maxima
05-07-2009, 12:33 AM
When attempting to try to show how you got hit in the throat, it's probably not a bright idea to make a slashing motion with your hand.

Especially if you are Ron Artest. I have not seen it a second time so to me it looked like a threat.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:35 AM
To be honest, I thought the same thing when I saw Ron with that throat thing. I thought he was threating him (not too crazy to think knowing Ron) but then I realized he was just pointing at his throat. But I think it was well ejected rather he was threating Kobe or not. If you let that guy on the floor you don't know what's gonna happen and Stern doesn't want no more epic fights with fans in his NBA custom business.

Oh no doubt, I thought the same as well.

And you're right they probably did Ron a favor. You could tell he had lost his cool, and after that a cheap shot, flagrant foul, SOMETHING was coming.

daslicer
Kobe should not mess with Ron. Ron is pyscho insane. lol If Ron gets suspended and Fisher doesn't then LMAO
Its like I said before Kobe always baits guys into hitting him. He has never been seriously harmed to believe he is in danger but if Ron mauled him I think it would be a traumatizing experience. A part of me did wish that Ron's team didn't hold him back so we could see Ron maul Kobe that would have been epic.

Please_dont_ban_me
When I first saw it I also interpreted as a threat. He looked like he had lost it and kept going at it, so him getting thrown out wasn't surprising.

Not a surprise, but funny after you realize what really happened.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Kobe knew what he was doing it was a cold calculating move. He knew that Artest would lose his cool once the dirty elbow was thrown that either Artest going to run up to him and punch him and get tossed for the series or starting yelling and the refs will eject him. Kobe is not a fighter I have seen it before him bait guys into hitting him Chris Childs, Raja Bell, and then walking away.

Kobe's a bitch.

Best player on the planet, but he gets punked often. He's not a fighter.

Danny.Zhu
If you let that guy on the floor you don't know what's gonna happen and Stern doesn't want no more epic fights with fans in his NBA custom business.

On one hand, Ron PROBABLY could get into fight, on the other hand, Kobe HAS actually made dirty moves on Shane in Game 1 and Ron in Game 2.

So, that's a pretty fair reason why Ron should be ejected while Kobe should not.

Please_dont_ban_me

That would be hilarious.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
If Stu suspends him, that will be fucked up...I will no longer cheer for the Lakers in this series...I don't care about that certain douchebag Rocket fan that made me cheer for the Lakers...I will completely change allegiances..just like that...

Who cares?

Kriz-Maxima
05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Not a surprise, but funny after you realize what really happened.

What really happen is there was an incidental elbow during a box out and Artest overreacted to it. I'm not yet convince it was not a threat, I have not seen it a second time.

Edit: Saw it, I think he was in fact just saying he got him on the throat, but dammit Ron, the worse way to say it.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Just saw the replay...

1) The elbow by Kobe was nowhere near a suspension or fine, he's boxing out and catches Ron in the chest.

2) Ron is DEFINATELY showing he got elbowed in the throat, nowhere NEAR a throat slash.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
What really happen is there was an incidental elbow during a box out and Artest overreacted to it. I'm not yet convince it was not a threat, I have not seen it a second time.

Edit: Saw it, I think he was in fact just saying he got him on the throat, but dammit Ron, the worse way to say it.

Poor ron, lol.

On the replay it's blatantly obvious the poor guy is just showing how he got elbowed in the throat.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Its playoff basketball. What about the physical play of artest over kobes back and elbows in the back. It was a physical boxing out in a hotly contested game. Was it a foul on Kobe...absolutely. Incidental. Artest is an idiot.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Just saw the replay...

1) The elbow by Kobe was nowhere near a suspension or fine, he's boxing out and catches Ron in the chest.

2) Ron is DEFINATELY showing he got elbowed in the throat, nowhere NEAR a throat slash.

Agreed!

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Lon @ Ron's comments afterwards.

"Dont you know who you're hitting? I'm Ron Artest" that was to Craig Sager.

JamStone
05-07-2009, 12:48 AM
They're right. That was a very good answer by Artest. And, I agree with him.

I like Ronnie for that.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 12:49 AM
They're right. That was a very good answer by Artest. And, I agree with him.

I like Ronnie for that.

Amazing answer.

For a guy assumed to be borderline retarded by many, Ron really isn't that dumb.

JamStone
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Yup. Ron's not dumb. Just crazy.

monoslyab1k
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
That's what you gotta love about Ron Artest. He doesn't take shit from nobody. Meanwhile our soft sack of shit "franchise player" gets slapped by David West and knocked down by Kenyon Martin and takes it like a little bitch.

"Ron Artest for Josh Howard is a lateral move"

ducks
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Yup. Ron's not dumb. Just crazy.

kobe i s crazing not ron

daslicer
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Kobe's a bitch.

Best player on the planet, but he gets punked often. He's not a fighter.

Besides his narcissistic personality thats the other thing I have never liked about him is his fake tough guy act. I would say 90 percent of the league could whoop his ass in a cage match. He knows the rules that he can do cheap shots and then talks shit knowing refs will come over their to protect him along with his teamates. I would like to see one guy just maul the hell out of him when he pulls that shit. Anyways the lakers are filled with fags who try to act tough Luke Walton,Sasha, Odom. I would kill to see a team brawl like the ones that used to happen during the 90's with the Knicks and Heat.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Besides his narcissistic personality thats the other thing I have never liked about him is his fake tough guy act. I would say 90 percent of the league could whoop his ass in a cage match. He knows the rules that he can do cheap shots and then talks shit knowing refs will come over their to protect him along with his teamates. I would like to see one guy just maul the hell out of him when he pulls that shit. Anyways the lakers are filled with fags who try to act tough Luke Walton,Sasha, Odom. I would kill to see a team brawl like the ones that used to happen during the 90's with the Knicks and Heat.

Word.

And the thing is, he could probably physically take most of them, but Kobe is mentally weak. He is a cheap shot artest at times who backs down from a fight CONSTANTLY.

JamStone
05-07-2009, 01:11 AM
That's what you gotta love about Ron Artest. He doesn't take shit from nobody. Meanwhile our soft sack of shit "franchise player" gets slapped by David West and knocked down by Kenyon Martin and takes it like a little bitch.

"Ron Artest for Josh Howard is a lateral move"

I remember the discussion last summer about how the Mavs should make a run at Artest.

He helped transformed the Rockets. Rockets fans complained as recent as round 1 about Ron. But, with all his flaws, you cannot deny that he brings toughness. Imagine T-Mac trying to stand up to Kobe. And, this is the same Ron Artest that was sucking on Kobe's dick in that one interview last year. I love what Artest did tonight, and I love how he explained everything afterwards even more.

The Third Man
05-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, when you cause the most serious riot since the Rodney king verdict, that's what happens. Refs get touchy. Bryant gets away with all kinds of shit, but he never took it to the paying customer. Now, hotel employees, that's another matter....

Fuck the Lakers, by the way.

Death In June
05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
The spurs had a chance at Artest in the offseason, and at around eight million, it would have been a great pickup. But, whatever, Finely as our starting SF must have sounded too good to discontinue.

iggypop123
05-07-2009, 01:21 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/Bubbas_album/1241674199380.gif

The Third Man
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Elbows are apart of the game. Anyone who has played the game knows this, and it wasnt a flagrant elbow. Artest overreacted and cost his team the series, because now he will come out in Houston and play beside himself.

That's cool. The Rockets are the fifth seed. They have zero pressure on them. The Lakers are the anointed ones, right? If they want to thug it up, you've got a lot more to lose than we do. All I know is that a team that shot 80% in the first quarter with Yao on the bench with two points needed Derek fucking Fisher to "send a message" late in the game. The Lakers are a bunch of weak minded turds. Nothing has changed since last year.

Artest93
05-07-2009, 01:27 AM
5fgWff_Sjho

LtI6hcL6zUg

0PsPATt5_DA

STFU

TheMACHINE
05-07-2009, 01:28 AM
5fgWff_Sjho

LtI6hcL6zUg

0PsPATt5_DA

STFU

Pussy

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Elbows are apart of the game. Anyone who has played the game knows this, and it wasnt a flagrant elbow. Artest overreacted and cost his team the series, because now he will come out in Houston and play beside himself.
stupid comment. lol @ "elbows are a part of the game." I used to play ball in college...elbows are NOT a part of the game. Funny thing was..if that was Kobe getting hit in the throat, you'd be losing your mind, calling for Ron's head. If elbows are part of the game, why do elbows get suspensions? Kobe should get suspended for elbowing Ron in the throat, but he won't, because he's Kobe. You can't elbow anyone..period..

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Pussy
If Kobe was hit by the elbow, you'd be calling for Ron's head...period.