PDA

View Full Version : Kobe "elbow"

InRareForm
05-07-2009, 12:40 AM
http://www.3030fm.com/rigged.gif

Cry Havoc
05-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Overt, intentional, and directed very high at Artest to make contact with the upper body.

gaKNOW!blee
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Why did you put " " around it?

iggypop123
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
peopel trying to get a rebound. this wasnt outside the paint where it can be intentional

gaKNOW!blee
05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
peopel trying to get a rebound. this wasnt outside the paint where it can be intentional

bullshit dude.

Kriz-Maxima
05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Looks like a box out to me.

Medvedenko
05-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Nice initial elbow by Ron....still Kobe did swing and if he really connected it would have hurt Ron a lot worse. It just hurt his feelings and Ron is very sensitive, hence getting tossed for pleading his case. :)

InRareForm
05-07-2009, 12:43 AM

i dunno, artest has all the strength in this one until kobe gets away by kind of swinging the elbow.

he won't get suspended for this, but it does look like something was going on in this.

Artest93
05-07-2009, 12:44 AM
LMAO @ Lakers fans who try to justify all their teams pussy moves, well, get ready for game 3 bitches......ALL OUT WAR!

8Gy-Cq75BWY

Pistons < Spurs
05-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Alot of haterade slurping going on. Nothing wrong with that play. Give him a personal foul if you wish, but nothing more than that.

Matchman
05-07-2009, 12:45 AM

except how can you call a foul on Artest? if the refs saw ANY fouls commited by Artest then they MUST be able to see Kobe throwing the elbow. this shit is just so rediculous that im not even mad at it anymore because every rockets fan knows we are not heading home 2 - 0. Stern will make sure this thing stays competitive :lol

angelbelow
05-07-2009, 12:49 AM
looked like a personal foul to me. MAYBE a tech since the game was getting a little teste but not really a big deal.

turiaf for president
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
wouldnt have made a difference. def not a foul on artest but the lakers had this game in control.

TheNextGen
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
holy cow..this board is full of vagina's lately

ducks
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
the problem I got
is why did ron get called for the foul not kobe?

ducks
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
wouldnt have made a difference. def not a foul on artest but the lakers had this game in control.

every heard of a run?

DaDakota
05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Kobe is a classless jerk.

That was a dirty play, I hope someone undercuts him next game and flips him on his head....

DD

Allanon
Even Kenny and Chuck say that's just a foul.

And look at Artest's elbow to Kobe's neck before he got his...that's not a clean play either. Play rough, then accept the roughness.

cobbler
LMAO @ Lakers fans who try to justify all their teams pussy moves, well, get ready for game 3 bitches......ALL OUT WAR!

8Gy-Cq75BWY

This from the guy with the avatar of an idiot who goes in the stands and pounds on fans.

It's playoff basketball... Man up or go home pussy.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM
They need to rename this site VaginaTalk

JamStone
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Kobe definitely threw an intentional elbow. Looks more around the chest than the throat, but either way it doesn't appear above the shoulders. I'd call it intentional and dirty, but not something Kobe should get suspended for. I agree that stuff like that happens sometimes in box out situations. Probably not regularly, but it's not that rare. Definitely a foul on Kobe and not a foul on Ron.

Banzai
05-07-2009, 12:54 AM

8Gy-Cq75BWY

relax man

cobbler
05-07-2009, 12:55 AM
the problem I got
is why did ron get called for the foul not kobe?

He was all over kobes back. He went over the top of a box out. Did you not see the elbow to kobes back that preceded kobes elbow? Its boxing out and fighting for a rebound. Its the playoffs!

Medvedenko
Upon further review...the elbow was put into Ron's chest not throat. I would throw Ron out for the next game for fibbing to the refs....

sook

And look at Artest's elbow to Kobe's neck before he got his...that's not a clean play either. Play rough, then accept the roughness.

Yea but they also said what artest did was good. All he deserved was a T. No one is doubting that, ironically the foul was o n artest.

JamStone
05-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Ron never went "over the top" of Kobe. They were tangled up and pushing each other. Ron never went over the top.

gaKNOW!blee
He was all over kobes back. He went over the top of a box out. Did you not see the elbow to kobes back that preceded kobes elbow? Its boxing out and fighting for a rebound. Its the playoffs!

Are you trying to compare a forearm on the back to an elbow in the face?

iggypop123
except how can you call a foul on Artest? if the refs saw ANY fouls commited by Artest then they MUST be able to see Kobe throwing the elbow. this shit is just so rediculous that im not even mad at it anymore because every rockets fan knows we are not heading home 2 - 0. Stern will make sure this thing stays competitive :lol

at the worst a foul on kobe, but it looked like they called kobe having position on the rebound. the refs have been terrible. they let things get out of hand by letting shoving and pushing go around since game in the paint allowing the rockets to get away with anything. all this talk of retaliation will probably lead to touch fouls in game 3

angelbelow

well said

cobbler
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I dont think anyone here has actually played any basketball... what a bunch of whiney little babies.

Nahtanoj
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
"Unnatural" swing by Kobe? Most probably. But no one is talking about Artest trying to take Kobe's head off on the same play.

Hemotivo
05-07-2009, 12:58 AM

wtf

Many PackYao
05-07-2009, 12:58 AM

The difference is Kobe swung that elbow obviously not caring where it landed.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Are you trying to compare a forearm on the back to an elbow in the face?

watch it.. it wasnt an elbow to the face...it was a box out type elbow to the upper chest and both guys were jockying for position and ron was all over kobes back. I am not denying it was a hard foul...it was... but it was not an intentionl flagrant. Geeeeez... what a bunch of wimps

Kriz-Maxima
05-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Actually it looked like it got the chest, not the throat.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
now artest whining like a baby in the post game...

PUSSY

cobbler
05-07-2009, 01:02 AM
yeah.,...there was no forearm to the back of kobes neck prior to the elbow either was there?

baseline bum
05-07-2009, 01:02 AM
That's just a playoff foul.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 01:03 AM
watch the clip boys.... whos arm and elbow is on whos shoulder, neck and facial area as the shot goes up? hmmmmmmmmmm

redzero
Kobe's elbow just can't catch a break. Bibby's nose and Artest's throat have it out for him.

sook

Yea but it is a foul right? Ron Artest got the fucking foul and he went to talk to the officials. They woulnd't do anything so he let kobe know it.

Matchman
05-07-2009, 01:04 AM
at the worst a foul on kobe, but it looked like they called kobe having position on the rebound. the refs have been terrible. they let things get out of hand by letting shoving and pushing go around since game in the paint allowing the rockets to get away with anything. all this talk of retaliation will probably lead to touch fouls in game 3

lol what position Kobe got? Artest was pushing Kobe way out of position until Kobe deck him in the throat :lol

cobbler
05-07-2009, 01:04 AM

Totally agree... if artest doesnt go beserk... its a moot point.

I am so glad he did though... woke the Lakers up!

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 01:05 AM
:lmao at Ron Artest crying like a bitch in the post-game....

"We're gonna WIN Fair and Square and LOSE fair and square.....we're NOT DIRTY.... KOBE'S HITTING ME......KOBE IS HITTING ME!!!!!!!!"

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Are Piston fans delusional now? That was clearly an intentional elbow to send a message, just like when he did it to Battier in game 1. Kobe needs to get himself hyped, he has to do those things.

It was clearly a foul on Kobe and a reckless elbow and he has a history of doing that. Wasn't the most ridiculous foul, but it was way more serious than yall are giving credit for.

cobbler
Yea but it is a foul right? Ron Artest got the fucking foul and he went to talk to the officials. They woulnd't do anything so he let kobe know it.

you could have called a foul on either guy... the guy with position usually (not always correct) gets the call. Simple as that

Allanon
The difference is Kobe swung that elbow obviously not caring where it landed.

True, I agree that elbow was a foul on Kobe.

But if you look at Artest before the Kobe elbow, every second of that play was a foul on Artest. Look at the play...Artest starts with two hands on Kobe's head pushing him down. Then switches to a forearm to the neck. All of that is a foul.

1) Refs should have called the foul on Artest
2) Refs should have called a flagrant or a technical on Kobe for the retaliation.

But, it's playoff basketball and overall was a pretty good game.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Are Piston fans delusional now? That was clearly an intentional elbow to send a message, just like when he did it to Battier in game 1. Kobe needs to get himself hyped, he has to do those things.

It was clearly a foul on Kobe and a reckless elbow and he has a history of doing that. Wasn't the most ridiculous foul, but it was way more serious than yall are giving credit for.

Pussy

baseline bum
05-07-2009, 01:07 AM

Yeah, it's a foul. So why are people acting like he should be suspended?

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Fisher.

Dex
05-07-2009, 01:08 AM
:lmao at every LA fan.

"That's just how basketball is played."

More delusional than Mavs fans with their 2006 "championship".

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 01:09 AM
When you think about it all these technical fouls and ejections will only hurt the Rockets.

The refs will start calling the game more closely taking away their physical advantage.

Trainwreck2100
that's the kind of play that gets you shot in a game of streetball

DPG21920
When you think about it all these technical fouls and ejections will only hurt the Rockets.

The refs will start calling the game more closely taking away their physical advantage.

Wrong. Home court + physical game = Rocket advantage for now.

Medvedenko
05-07-2009, 01:10 AM
that's the kind of play that gets you shot in a game of streetball

Or getting staked through the heart....

Many PackYao
05-07-2009, 01:11 AM
True, I agree that elbow was a foul on Kobe.

But if you look at Artest before the Kobe elbow, every second of that play was a foul on Artest. Look at the play...Artest starts with two hands on Kobe's head pushing him down. Then switches to a forearm to the neck. All of that is a foul.

1) Refs should have called the foul on Artest
2) Refs should have called a flagrant or a technical on Kobe for the retaliation.

But, it's playoff basketball and overall was a pretty good game.
Agreed.:toast

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 01:15 AM
This is playoff basketball.

Shut the fuck up. Seriously, shut the fuck up you fucking pussies.

That's two guys under the basket trying to get position. Nothing more, nothing less. No fouls should have been called, period.

j.dizzle
05-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Damn i love physical games like that. Lakers need these fuckin challenges after last years bullshit teams they played to make the finals. Bad calls are called for both teams every game. The only problem is that NBA refs are not consistent. They let the game be played physical for one quarter, then call a bunch of bullshit touch fouls the next. Kind of annoying

LakerHater
05-07-2009, 01:16 AM
watch the clip boys.... whos arm and elbow is on whos shoulder, neck and facial area as the shot goes up? hmmmmmmmmmm

The problem is Kobe is having a hard time blocking out Artest, as you can see by Artest easly moving Kobe in the block, that Artests arms are on Kobe's back!!
Bad call by the Refs, shoulda been a foul on Kobe nothin more!

benefactor
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Wow...I doze off and the shit hits the fan. :lol

Ron got overly physical with Kobe and he threw an intentional elbow. Only a homer would think otherwise. I would probably do a double foul or double tech and call it a day. I also can't help but wonder if Kobe was trying to bait Artest due to his history...throwing an elbow that might get a reaction that would get him ejected/suspended.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Ron Artest only has himself to blame.

Apparently he got ejected when he said to Kobe,

"I'll get you back for this MF"

He's not very bright.

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 01:29 AM

He's not very bright.

Never said that.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Oh really you were at the game?

That was straight from a fan who was sitting courtside you stupid fuck.

benefactor
05-07-2009, 01:32 AM
I do admire Artest for his restraint though. If it would have been me Kobe would have been KTFO.

wireonfire
05-07-2009, 01:33 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/f52dxc.jpg

sook
05-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah, it's a foul. So why are people acting like he should be suspended?

that in no way calls for a suspension. But the fact is artest got ejected in a winngable game for that shit

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Oh really you were at the game?

That was straight from a fan who was sitting courtside you stupid fuck.

Oh really. What was his name? What seats? How much did they cost? What else was said? What did Kobe say? The Refs?

benefactor
05-07-2009, 01:39 AM
No one should be suspended for this incident. If they suspend Artest it will be complete BS and borderline rigging of the series.

RedsLakers24
05-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Wow look at artest, he had his elbow on Kobes neck which cause kobe to throw that elbow. this is why the foul was call

YellowFever
05-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Oh really. What was his name? What seats? How much did they cost? What else was said? What did Kobe say? The Refs?

So if he just made up these answers, would you now the dfference?

1) Edward Johanson.
2) 3C
3) He got the ticket through AT&T as a show of "thankyou for being our customer" so he doesn't know how much it costs.
4)"That's bullshit, man." "Do that again, you piece of shit." "Get off me, nigga." "Fuck you, mother fucker." "Knock it off, the both you." etc...etc..

See how easy that was?

The Third Man
05-07-2009, 01:50 AM

That's two guys under the basket trying to get position. Nothing more, nothing less. No fouls should have been called, period.

Um, aren't you like a vagina calling a pussy pink? Stop posting for a while. You're embarrassing yourself.

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 01:51 AM
So if he just made up these answers, would you now the dfference?

1) Edward Johanson.
2) 3C
3) He got the ticket through AT&T as a show of "thankyou for being our customer" so he doesn't know how much it costs.
4)"That's bullshit, man." "Do that again, you piece of shit." "Get off me, nigga." "Fuck you, mother fucker." "Knock it off, the both you." etc...etc..

See how easy that was?

Exactly, it is just more verbal diarrhea from her. Dr. House can't shut her man pleaser so she just makes things up. Shhhhhhh, girl.

YellowFever
05-07-2009, 01:52 AM
that in no way calls for a suspension. But the fact is artest got ejected in a winngable game for that shit

Agreed.

Joey Crawford got over excited and what got Ron-Ron tossed was not for his actions but for his reputation.

Imposter Cleaner
05-07-2009, 01:52 AM
You guys are pathetic, you are amazed at a criminal elbowing another player on court. Kobe would do something much more serious if it was in streets and alleys.

YellowFever
05-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Exactly, it is just more verbal diarrhea from her. Dr. House can't shut her man pleaser so she just makes things up. Shhhhhhh, girl.

Well, if you put it that way.... :toast

mingus
05-07-2009, 01:57 AM

That was a dirty play, I hope someone undercuts him next game and flips him on his head....

DD

that would be retarded ... he was "elbowed" in the neck while going for a rebound ... that's playoff basektball ...

seriously , those of you who've never played a pick-up game in your enitre life , and it's becoming clear who those of you are , need to STFU and quit acting like bitches ...

mingus
05-07-2009, 02:02 AM
also , i think you have to take into account who's involved in the play before labeling certain players/actions dirty ... we're talking about Ron Artest here ... he probably did things during the course of the game that provoked this sort of reaction in Kobe , and it was probably well-deserved ...

wireonfire
05-07-2009, 02:19 AM
also , i think you have to take into account who's involved in the play before labeling certain players/actions dirty ... we're talking about Ron Artest here ... he probably did things during the course of the game that provoked this sort of reaction in Kobe , and it was probably well-deserved ...

Yeah, just like Battier provoked Kobe and deserved to be kneed and elbowed in last game.

21_Blessings
05-07-2009, 02:22 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Cry me a fucking a riverwalk.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Ron Artest gets no respect because he's Ron Artest.

Think about that, and then everything should get a lot clearer.

mingus
05-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah, just like Battier provoked Kobe and deserved to be kneed and elbowed in last game.

it's stupid of you to compare Battier to Artest because they play different styles and have two very different histories when it comes to these types of things ...

Ness
05-07-2009, 03:48 AM

DD

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/Bubbas_album/1241674199380.gif

http://i39.tinypic.com/z6ekm.jpg

If you look at the replay closely, Kobe's elbow was not anywhere near Ron's throat or neck. Kobe's elbow landed on Ron's chest. Ron clearly embellished to get the referee's attention.

Imposter Cleaner
05-07-2009, 03:52 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/z6ekm.jpg

what do you wanna show us? Artest's armpit hair or Kobe's chest-cover belt.

IronMexican
05-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Seems like every thread is about the Lakers. Awesome.

ginobili's bald spot
05-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Seems like every thread is about the Lakers. Awesome.

The whole board reeks of butthurt. :toast Times are good.

TheSpursFNRule
05-07-2009, 05:53 AM

Don't you understand basketball? When you box a man out and go for a rebound throwing your eblow upwards toward the man your boxing out isn't a strategy its a fucking foul. It's not "playoff basketball" i've seen Kobe do this shit before whenever he plays the suns he elbows the shit out of Richardson and gets away with it. You need to understand you can't get position from elbowing. Nothing more, nothing less. 1 foul should've been called, the foul on Kobe. Period. Fucking idiot.

TheProfessor
05-07-2009, 07:23 AM
:lol After how you sobbed over the ref'ing in game one, that's pretty hypocritical.

Anyway, looks like Kobe's retaliating for Ron getting his elbow up around his face. Can't say I blame him, looked like a double foul situation to me but nothing else.

Brazil
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
lol I didn't see the game, when I begun to read STdisguisedinlakersfanstalk.com I tought wow kobe elbow / suspension / blood / murder ... I'm so disapointed it's just a foul.

florige
05-07-2009, 07:46 AM
I saw nothing wrong with that play period.

1Parker1
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Ehh, Artest shouldn't have been tossed...he had reason to argue with the refs seeing how they somehow called that a foul on him and not Kobe.

sribb43
05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Kobe could punch someone in the face and all he would get is a fine

ducks
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM

He's not very bright.

he never said that
I can rid lips
you can not

ducks
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM
lol I didn't see the game, when I begun to read STdisguisedinlakersfanstalk.com I tought wow kobe elbow / suspension / blood / murder ... I'm so disapointed it's just a foul.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ge=dime-090507
The NBA rulebook states that a player must be ejected for "An elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level." By the standard that's been set in these playoffs, Bryant should be suspended

ducks
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM

The NBA rulebook states that a player must be ejected for "An elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level." By the standard that's been set in these playoffs, Bryant should be suspended

Imposter Cleaner
05-07-2009, 09:13 AM
You are fucking stupid, if the league followed the rules closely the Gasol trade would never have happened. Those rules have already become flakes of shit.

lefty
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Rockets play physical, but good physical basketball, nothing dirty

Lakers TRY to match that, byt they really suck at it

UltimA
05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
bullshit dude.Don't worry, it's just another bullshit Laker fan who knows nothing about Basketball.

(No offense to the real Laker fans)

Dario
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
All I saw was artest trying to bully his way to a rebound and got smacked for it.

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Nothing new from Kobe:

Kobe Bryant Suspended for Intentional Elbow to Face

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has been suspended by the NBA office for a flailing elbow on his follow through that caught Minnesota Timberwolves guard Marko Jaric in the nose. Check out the video here. It is the second time Bryant has been suspended for hitting a player in the face this year. Earlier this year he was suspended for doing the same thing to Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs.

Last season Bryant was suspended for two games for clotheslining Mike Miller of the Memphis Grizzlies. At least he didn't grab Jaric by the neck and bend him over a hotel chair. Be sure to check out

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I gave Kobe Bryant the benefit of the doubt when he tried putting another dent in Manu Ginobili's nose with an errant elbow Jan. 28. The fact Byrant made contact but managed to have enough sense to grab a loose basketball out of the air and attempt a shot threw me off. I should've remembered who I was watching.

Kobe Bryant's flying elbow sets the precedent for his earlier suspension. (AP)
Kobe Bryant's flying elbow sets the precedent for his earlier suspension. (AP)
Bryant is one of the top five basketball talents ever to grace this earth. If anyone can land an elbow with one arm and try and fire off a game winner with the other, he can. He pulled the wool over the refs' eyes, too. No foul was called.

NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson wasn't fooled that first time. He immediately called Bryant out for his actions, suspending him one game without pay, keeping him from his only annual appearance in New York.

Fast forward to this week: The people who bought tickets to see Bryant in Milwaukee on Wednesday had to wake up, catch the replay of Bryant's actions in Minnesota the previous night and scream, "Damn it, Kobe!"

You knew it was coming. Bryant had to be suspended for elbowing Marko Jaric in the latter stages of regulation in the Lakers' eventual double-overtime loss in Minneapolis.

"Some of the determining factors were the fact that there was contact made with Ginobili above the shoulders and the fact that this particular action by Kobe was an unnatural basketball motion," Jackson said five weeks ago. "Following a shot, he drove a stiff arm in a backward motion and struck Ginobili in the head. We did not view this as an inadvertent action."

With another errant elbow, Bryant tied Jackson's hands. All you have to do is substitute Jaric's name for Ginobili's and you have the league's reasoning for a suspension. The precedent had been set: one flying elbow, one game.

In fact, Bryant is lucky he didn't get more. Had he been given a pass, the integrity of the league office would've been compromised.

Whether you believe the Lakers superstar deserved to be suspended for his strike on Ginobili, the fact is he was, and decisively. No immediate appeal was granted. Jackson never second-guessed his decision. If we were talking about Smush Parker or Maurice Evans catching a defender with a flailing elbow, there's no debating the matter. It was a reckless play. Only that it's Bryant skews opinions.

Now in his 11th season in the league, Bryant is a genius at getting separation where there seemingly is none. He has dealt with a decade of swarming, and Bryant himself is among the NBA's top defenders. He knows what he can and can't get away with. There's not a trick in the book he doesn't have, and this latest one is becoming a nasty habit.

Bryant's elbows haven't been malicious in the aspect of wanting to maim his opponents, but they have been intentional. They scream, "I'll do whatever it takes to win." Although he'll try to sell it to you as an accidental part of the game, you would have to be pretty gullible to swallow that. It's part of his repertoire.

Basketball is an instinctive sport, and for a great like Bryant, that instinct becomes magnified, particularly in late-game situations. That it went through his head, twice, to extend that elbow in order to gain an advantage, blows away the inadvertent-action defense. In fact, if it happens again, Bryant should be suspended for three games.

Budkin
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
He's gone for game 3. Book it.

spurs_50_21
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
suspended him ,i thought that was the rules,didnt it happen to bruce and finley before were they not suspended for similar thing