PDA

View Full Version : Joey Crawford - The Fixer

GSH
05-07-2009, 12:44 AM
If you needed a way to make sure the Lakers didn't get blown out of the series, you couldn't ask for a better tool (pun intended) than Joey "The Fixer" Crawford. I only mention it here because that fat little bastard has been a thorn in the Spurs' collective asses for so long. Stern never should have allowed him back on a court, and he needs to get rid of him over the summer.

This game played out the way so many Spurs games have, when Joey was on the floor. The refs totally let the game get out of hand. I know they called fouls both ways, but the Lakers got exactly what they wanted out of it. I'm no big Rockets fan, but as a Spurs fan I know exactly what they must feel like tonight.

Lamar Scrotum started taunting Scola and followed him around the court, getting in his face and mouthing at him. A couple of plays later it starts again, and Scola finally talked back. Double techincals - but Scrotum was smiling like the cat that ate the canary.

A couple of plays later, Derek Fisher threw an elbow to Scola's head and dropped Scola to the floor. It looked like the elbow Kevin Willis threw when he was here, that got him suspended for a game. It was an extremely hard shot, very intentional, and connected above the shoulders. If Fisher is playing next game, the league can kiss any credibility goodbye.

A short time later, Kobe threw an elbow to Ron Artest's throat under the basket. It looked exactly like the elbows he is famous for, that have gotten him suspended a couple of times. Artest took exception, but didn't throw a punch or anything. But Artest wound up getting kicked out of the game, which pretty much doomed the Rockets.

Now the Lakers can go into Game 3 as "the more physical team", and with the series tied 1-1, instead of possibly down 2-0. Plus, Artest will be on double secret probation, and I'm sure he will be drawing whistles for looking at any Laker player.

Like I said, if you want to queer a basketball game - and maybe a whole series - the first place to look is Joey Fucking Crawford.

At least nobody laughed.

EricB
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I'm watching inside the NBA right now, and I'm not a Ron Artest fan what so ever I can't stand him.

But he was fucked royally. He did NOTHING to get ejected, all he did was go to Kobe to tell him "cut out the elbows" you could read his lips.

Crawford again though, had to be the show, Crawford HAD to do something and GASP! SHOCK! it was in benefit of the Lakers!

Artest was single handidly keeping the Rockets in the game hell even giving them them the lead in the second quarter.

BTW, after watching Rafer Alston's bitch move also, I'm really getting sick of the thugs in the NBA.

The Denver Nuggets, guys like Rafer Alston, Von Wafer.

The NBA wants to know why its losing fans? Look at PLAYERS like those guys. Gangster thugs. Guys throwing up gang signs after making shots.

Its gotten to be too fucking much.

Hemotivo
05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
yep, and goodbye von wafer

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
If you needed a way to make sure the Lakers didn't get blown out of the series, you couldn't ask for a better tool (pun intended) than Joey "The Fixer" Crawford. I only mention it here because that fat little bastard has been a thorn in the Spurs' collective asses for so long. Stern never should have allowed him back on a court, and he needs to get rid of him over the summer.

This game played out the way so many Spurs games have, when Joey was on the floor. The refs totally let the game get out of hand. I know they called fouls both ways, but the Lakers got exactly what they wanted out of it. I'm no big Rockets fan, but as a Spurs fan I know exactly what they must feel like tonight.

Lamar Scrotum started taunting Scola and followed him around the court, getting in his face and mouthing at him. A couple of plays later it starts again, and Scola finally talked back. Double techincals - but Scrotum was smiling like the cat that ate the canary.

A couple of plays later, Derek Fisher threw an elbow to Scola's head and dropped Scola to the floor. It looked like the elbow Kevin Willis threw when he was here, that got him suspended for a game. It was an extremely hard shot, very intentional, and connected above the shoulders. If Fisher is playing next game, the league can kiss any credibility goodbye.

A short time later, Kobe threw an elbow to Ron Artest's throat under the basket. It looked exactly like the elbows he is famous for, that have gotten him suspended a couple of times. Artest took exception, but didn't throw a punch or anything. But Artest wound up getting kicked out of the game, which pretty much doomed the Rockets.

Now the Lakers can go into Game 3 as "the more physical team", and with the series tied 1-1, instead of possibly down 2-0. Plus, Artest will be on double secret probation, and I'm sure he will be drawing whistles for looking at any Laker player.

Like I said, if you want to queer a basketball game - and maybe a whole series - the first place to look is Joey Fucking Crawford.

At least nobody laughed.
:tu He should have never got his job back. He has no credibility as a ref after the Tim Duncan altercation.

qRTBVPgHM3Y

^ Crawford - Stern's right hand man.

rayray2k8
05-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I'm watching inside the NBA right now, and I'm not a Ron Artest fan what so ever I can't stand him.

But he was fucked royally. He did NOTHING to get ejected, all he did was go to Kobe to tell him "cut out the elbows" you could read his lips.

Crawford again though, had to be the show, Crawford HAD to do something and GASP! SHOCK! it was in benefit of the Lakers!

Artest was single handidly keeping the Rockets in the game hell even giving them them the lead in the second quarter.

BTW, after watching Rafer Alston's bitch move also, I'm really getting sick of the thugs in the NBA.

The NBA wants to know why its losing fans? Look at PLAYERS like those guys. Gangster thugs. Guys throwing up gang signs after making shots.

Pistons and Pacers ring a bell?
You honestly think the league is gonna take a chance on something like that happening again??

EricB
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
yep, and goodbye von wafer

Yeah and here Spurs fans "Why weren't the Spurs signing Von Wafer!??!?!"

I watched some other games where the Rockets were alot or down alot. He was poppin his collar, yelling, puttin up three fingers, and you'd see Adelman telling him STFU on the sidelines.

The guy is a punk with an attitude and will never amount to anything in this league.

Some players can curb the punkness and semi grow up, others never will, Von Wafer, Rafer Alston, shit heads like them, are players you DONT want on your team.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:00 AM
You honestly think the league is gonna take a chance on something like that happening again??

Kobe won't be suspended like he should be.

Fisher probobly won't be either. I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't, I would be SLIGHTLY suprised if he is.

Artest had a legit reason to be mad heres what classic.

Not only does he take an elbow to the throught. He gets called for a foul.

HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING BUT STAND BEHIND BRYANT!

I mean, NBA, seriously, if your gonna be THIS transparent? Why do you chuckle when people question your legitness?

Medvedenko
05-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Kobe won't be suspended like he should be.

Fisher probobly won't be either. I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't, I would be SLIGHTLY suprised if he is.

Artest had a legit reason to be mad heres what classic.

Not only does he take an elbow to the throught. He gets called for a foul.

HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING BUT STAND BEHIND BRYANT!

I mean, NBA, seriously, if your gonna be THIS transparent? Why do you chuckle when people question your legitness?

Fuck you're dumb....
First the elbow hit Ron in the Chest. Second, the game was officiated very tight up to that point and you know the refs wouldn't let Ron run at Kobe and get in his face given the T's already amassed. Thirdly, Ron got the foul for riding Kobe's back while Kobe had good position. If the Refs got it right the could have called the foul earlier to avoid the altercation. Oh and Ron lied about getting hit in the throat.

rayray2k8
05-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Dude, if you've ever gotten in a fight, you know when someone is approaching you and starts jawing at you, he's usually looking for something.
Crawford got in there quickly when he saw that.
Artest is that type of guy and a real hot head to say the least.

GSH
05-07-2009, 01:07 AM

They took a chance of it happening tonight. That game got completely out of control. There were cheap shots being thrown, players taunting other players, and bodies hitting the floor right and left. Any respectable officiating crew would have stepped in long before, and put a stop to the shit. The technicals they finally called were too little, and WAY too fucking late. Kobe and Fisher threw those elbows because they thought they could get by with them. And Kobe obviously was right.

The game tonight was every bit as bad as the Pacer-Piston game, and it could have erupted just as easily. The only thing it was lacking was a fan throwing a beer.

If the league is really worried about a repeat of that debacle, they would get rid of Crawford. I swear I sometimes wonder if he's there for a reason. What other explanation could there be? Sure as hell not his officiating skills.

Fuck you're dumb....
First the elbow hit Ron in the Chest. Second, the game was officiated very tight up to that point

And you obviously rode the short bus to school.

rayray2k8
05-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Well, however this gets dealt with, I'm sure Kori and LJ will be cleaning up the forums for the same shit getting posted.

completely deck
05-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Kobe baited him and Artest, being the idiot he is, took the bait. Simple Kobe semantics here, people.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Fuck you're dumb....
First the elbow hit Ron in the Chest. Second, the game was officiated very tight up to that point and you know the refs wouldn't let Ron run at Kobe and get in his face given the T's already amassed. Thirdly, Ron got the foul for riding Kobe's back while Kobe had good position. If the Refs got it right the could have called the foul earlier to avoid the altercation. Oh and Ron lied about getting hit in the throat.

look homer, I've seen the video fifty bazillion times on inside the NBA.

He threw the elbow at his neck while they were both fighting for position under the basket.

There shouldn't have even BEEN a damn foul on Artest!

BTW, Barkley even says he threw it at his neck.

Guess hes fucking dumb too.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Kobe baited him and Artest, being the idiot he is, took the bait. Simple Kobe semantics here, people.

All he did was get up in his face and tell him "dont be throwing elbows" you could read his lips.

Artest and the Rockets got Sacramento Kings 2002 fucked tonight.

Medvedenko
05-07-2009, 01:15 AM

He threw the elbow at his neck while they were both fighting for position under the basket.

There shouldn't have even BEEN a damn foul on Artest!

BTW, Barkley even says he threw it at his neck.

Guess hes fucking dumb too.

Well watch it "fifty bazillion" and one...hit him in the chest upon video evidence. Kobe had position hence the foul on Ron. Oh and Barkley is no scholar.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Dude, if you've ever gotten in a fight, you know when someone is approaching you and starts jawing at you, he's usually looking for something.
Crawford got in there quickly when he saw that.
Artest is that type of guy and a real hot head to say the least.

Agree, but ejection? NO, technical? Sure.

Medvedenko
05-07-2009, 01:16 AM
All he did was get up in his face and tell him "dont be throwing elbows" you could read his lips.

Artest and the Rockets got Sacramento Kings 2002 fucked tonight.

Quit, just please quit...all he did was run after a player (given the NBA that's an easy tech)...also given the game and the T's already dolled out, it's a no brainer. Oh and we're dealing with Ron Artest here....

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Well watch it "fifty bazillion" and one...hit him in the chest upon video evidence. Kobe had position hence the foul on Ron. Oh and Barkley is no scholar.

When did Ron Artest get taller than Kobe?

Cause the elbow went UP and hit him in the neck.

Be objective for fucks sake.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Quit, just please quit...all he did was run after a player (given the NBA that's an easy tech)...also given the game and the T's already dolled out, it's a no brainer. Oh and we're dealing with Ron Artest here....

So you agree he shouldn't have been ejected, thanks.

rayray2k8
05-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Agree, but ejection? NO, technical? Sure.

Had to be done man, otherwise it would have escalated to the level I was talking about.
Be the Melee in L.A. :lol

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Had to be done man, otherwise it would have escalated to the level I was talking about.

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that.

You can't pre emptively eject players because of what you think "will happen"

sook
05-07-2009, 01:32 AM
i realized exactly what you meant when yo usaid crawford fucks you guys over. He has it out for us

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:35 AM
i realized exactly what you meant when yo usaid crawford fucks you guys over. He has it out for us

You'll know he has it out for you when he tosses Chuck Hayes for laughing on the bench.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 01:41 AM

+ 1

Crawford has a power trip as a head Ref...Duncan proved he was a headcase and paranoid and has a weird attitude in the game "it's about me!" ...he's been outed for that thinking. "It's not what the players can do on the court. It's about how I'm RUNNING THE SHOW.." too much pride as a referee.

I dont' know why he's still allowed to ref. Get him a job in something else, but don't let him interact with our players anymore. Crawford imposes too much influence on the games outcomes.

GSH
05-07-2009, 01:44 AM
"Right from the opening tip we wanted to be aggressive, get after it a bit," Bryant said. "We are being tested and this is fun."

It may be fun - but it sure as hell isn't basketball. Where exactly is the play on the ball in this photo? More to the point... where is Joey Crawford?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090507/capt.1719089fadfb40a685d6eefe2ceef811.rockets_lake rs_basketball_las101.jpg?x=391&y=345&q=85&sig=aW_IP.2OgZPoduxDUcLAGQ--

Sean Cagney
05-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Kobe is such a little bytch, I hope someone lays him out one day for real, he tries to look and act hard, but dude is a fukkin homo, I hate that fukker.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Kobe did say in the post game press conference "Ron shouldn't have been ejected".

BTW, anyone seen Andrew Bynum?

Someone might wanna rent some space on a milk carton.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Kobe is such a little bytch, I hope someone lays him out one day for real, he tries to look and act hard, but dude is a fukkin homo, I hate that fukker.

I remember when he was younger he used to get in fights with the players.. Even Reggie Miller's anorexic ass kicked his ass.
Kobe no longer fights players cuz he can't hold his own with anyone. Instead he resorts to inconspicuous cheap shots from time to time when the refs aren't looking and elbows Manu and Co. in the face when he gets stuffed.

Kobe is probably one of those male Los Angeleans, that have more assortment of creams, and lotions than their pampered golddigger wives.

GSH
05-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Here - the Lakers trolls can start defending this cheap shot, while I see if I can dig up video of Kobe elbowing Artest in the throat.

This shit will carry over into the next game, and the Lakers definitely got the best of it. Joey Crawford always seems to find a way to leave his mark on a game. BTW - you may notice that Joey didn't blow his whistle, or seem too excited by the play. I know there was another ref closer, but he was staring right at the action and didn't move a muscle.

V5Dge8B2O3s

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 02:03 AM
I think Crawford tossed Artest because he mistook his "stop throwing elbows at my neck" gesture for a throat slash gesture. Note he didn't toss Artest right when he was up in Kobe's face. I think it was a momentary misinterpretation by Crawford and a situation where Artest deserved a tech.

And whoever posted above that Kobe threw the bait at Ron and he took it is exactly right. Kobe knows Artest would overreact and was smart enough to take his shot in the mix down low where it couldn't easily be seen by the refs.

Much as I hate Crawford and think he should never ref Spurs games again, you have to give it to him on the Fisher ejection. That was totally deserved, the equivalent of a punch being thrown, but no ref save maybe Javie tosses Fisher in LA in a tight playoff game. Crawford is deplorable in how he has acted towards the Spurs, but he is one of the few refs not intimidated by the home crowds.

GSH
05-07-2009, 02:22 AM
I think Crawford tossed Artest because he mistook his "stop throwing elbows at my neck" gesture for a throat slash gesture. Note he didn't toss Artest right when he was up in Kobe's face. I think it was a momentary misinterpretation by Crawford and a situation where Artest deserved a tech.

And whoever posted above that Kobe threw the bait at Ron and he took it is exactly right. Kobe knows Artest would overreact and was smart enough to take his shot in the mix down low where it couldn't easily be seen by the refs.

Much as I hate Crawford and think he should never ref Spurs games again, you have to give it to him on the Fisher ejection. That was totally deserved, the equivalent of a punch being thrown, but no ref save maybe Javie tosses Fisher in LA in a tight playoff game. Crawford is deplorable in how he has acted towards the Spurs, but he is one of the few refs not intimidated by the home crowds.

No... you don't have to "give it to Crawford" for the Fisher ejection. If it had been up to Crawford, Fisher might not even have gotten a foul called. Look real close at the video, and you'll see. It would have just been one more thing that he "didn't see".

And as for Artest "taking the bait"? Artest is a head case, but there is only so much a player should have to take. And, frankly, he didn't over-react, considering what Kobe did to him. The only person who over-reacted was Joey Fucking Crawford. Don't congratulate Kobe, but sure as hell don't congratulate Joey Crawford. He let stuff go until it got dangerous, and then ejected the Rockets best player (at least tonight) for talking.

Crawford just needs to go away permanently.

GSH
05-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Here is the video. Did Kobe throw a vicious elbow at Artest's throat? Hell yes! Did Artest do anything that warranted ejection - especially compared to the rest of the game? Hell no!

Joey Crawford singled out this play to get involved. He made his usual mark on the game. And getting Artest out made certain that the Lakers wouldn't go down 0-2. There doesn't have to be any conspiracy. It's piss-poor officiating, and it affected the outcome of the game and potentially the series. Throw the bum out already.

irtnkEmubqY

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2009, 02:38 AM
fkn rapists gets away with everything...i hate this shit

texbumTHElife
05-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Here is the video. Did Kobe throw a vicious elbow at Artest's throat? Hell yes! Did Artest do anything that warranted ejection - especially compared to the rest of the game? Hell no!

Joey Crawford singled out this play to get involved. He made his usual mark on the game. And getting Artest out made certain that the Lakers wouldn't go down 0-2. There doesn't have to be any conspiracy. It's piss-poor officiating, and it affected the outcome of the game and potentially the series. Throw the bum out already.

irtnkEmubqY

That video pretty much ends any debate on intention. Elbow to the throat of a player simply fighting for position. Kobe IS the dirtiest player in the NBA, because he gets away with it. Period.

Capt Bringdown
05-07-2009, 02:50 AM
Surprise, surprise. Some piss-poor/controversial officiating in a playoff game, of which the Lakers are the sole beneficiary.

If Fischer gets suspended, it's a lock that Artest will get the boot as well, just because.

texbumTHElife
05-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Surprise, surprise. Some piss-poor/controversial officiating in a playoff game, of which the Lakers are the sole beneficiary.

If Fischer gets suspended, it's a lock that Artest will get the boot as well, just because.

I dont know, the Celtics and Cavs have gotten some very timely calls of their own...

I just wonder what the NBA will do when its agenda of Kobe vs. Lebron is full filled. Will all the refs call in sick because they don't know who they are supposed to give the calls to? I nominate Sean Elliott as head of officials. LET THEM PLAY ON BOTH ENDS!

*seriously?

texbumTHElife
05-07-2009, 02:56 AM
WTF, I cant say Sean Elliott
I must have missed something...

*thats dumb

koriwhat
05-07-2009, 03:01 AM
^^ cause you obviously never won a spelling bee...

TJastal
05-07-2009, 03:08 AM
My god, I think the little beotch Fisher should be flat out expelled forever from the NBA for that assault and battery on Scola, and at the very least fined and suspended for the rest of the series so the Rockets do not have to worry what the little fucking cunt will pull next.

Instead the little fuckin beotch gets a measly flagrant foul and ejection from a game that was already decided at that point.

And the dumbfucking NBA / Stern will wonder why the league is re-lapsing back to Thug-ball, because the penalties for taking cheap shots and assaulting/potentially injuring key players are still well worth it. It had been improving somewhat since the old Artest incident, but this year has seen a defenite relapse, with laker players spearheading most of the deplorable and despicable actions. (See: Trevor Ariza).

Way to go lakers! Your team's cred (and the nba's in the process) is going into the toilet in order to win a game you probably would have won anyway without having to resort to thuggery.

texbumTHElife
05-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Jeezus, Sean Elliott

TJastal
05-07-2009, 03:38 AM
And enough is enough from Doug Collins already. Good analyst but has no moral compass whatsoever. For him to sit and stroke and suck Fish off after that play as if that's a legitimate tactic that every team should use to win a ballgame is just deplorable and sending the wrong message to fans that this is what the NBA is and should be about.

Unbelievable, really.

Mr. Body
05-07-2009, 03:51 AM
I hadn't seen that Fisher spot. He shouldn't show up in the series again after that.

Flux451
05-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Skirmishes is were Joey relieves his tension. Gets off on that shit. Disgusting.

Flux451
05-07-2009, 04:29 AM
And enough is enough from Doug Collins already. Good analyst but has no moral compass whatsoever. For him to sit and stroke and suck Fish off after that play as if that's a legitimate tactic that every team should use to win a ballgame is just deplorable and sending the wrong message to fans that this is what the NBA is and should be about.

Unbelievable, really.

Sometimes Doug needs to hold his tongue. I never liked his commentating. He sounds like your best friends know it all dad.

Give me Hubie.

exstatic
05-07-2009, 07:31 AM

You think Kobe's actually going to fight Ron Artest? Think again. He got his ass kicked by Chris Childs.

http://jackascii.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/np.jpg

1Parker1
05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I love how Doug Collins goes on to praise what a "tough player" Fischer is. The media biasness towards anything Laker-ish is an absolute joke.

boutons_deux
05-07-2009, 08:20 AM
How times did Collins use the word tough about Fish? Seemed like a about 5 times/minute for 5 minutes.

benefactor
05-07-2009, 08:48 AM
You think Kobe's actually going to fight Ron Artest? Think again. He got his ass kicked by Chris Childs.

http://jackascii.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/np.jpg
Yeah...Artest would pick Kobe up and break him over his knee.

The fact of the matter is that the Lakers had been getting pushed around for 6 quarters and because they are soft the only physical response they have is to play dirty. It's like being in a fight with someone bigger than you and you puss out by kicking them in the balls because you know you are no match for them straight up. To put the icing on the cake the environment and timing was perfect. Kobe baits Artest with an elbow no one can see and has Joey Crawford there to rescue him. If Artest gets suspended then that would put a cherry on one of the biggest shaft jobs in NBA history.

leemajors
05-07-2009, 09:00 AM
i thought Rondo did two things last series worse than what Fisher did. I didn't think Fisher deserved a flagrant 2. I just wish they would be somewhat consistent.

TheChillFactor
05-07-2009, 09:01 AM
meh. nothing worse than leveraging your kid's medical condition to get released by the jazz and sign with the lakers....the guy is a fucking lowlife.

G-Nob
05-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I thought Crawford and Co. did an outstanding job once they realized the game was getting out of hand. They called everything after to make sure more tempers didn't flare.

I think the fact that Stu Jackson was in attendance will force the league to look at some of these plays. The Lakers will get at least one suspension w/ Fisher. Kobe should get one too. If you elbow above the shoulders, its an automatic one-game.

EricB
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
i thought Rondo did two things last series worse than what Fisher did. I didn't think Fisher deserved a flagrant 2. I just wish they would be somewhat consistent.

So you think its ok to look back and throw an elbow to a guy's head like Fisher did?

lefty
05-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Rockets play physical, but good physical basketball, nothing dirty

Lakers TRY to match that, byt they really suck at it

dmac
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM

Haven't you ever seen Minority Report?

EricB
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Haven't you ever seen Minority Report?

:lol

Can't say as I have.

Russ
05-07-2009, 09:28 AM
The Derek Fisher play was outrageous. The last time a Laker blindsided a Rocket that bad was Kermit Washington and Rudy T.

I was wrong, Fisher is just as much a punk as Bryant, Ariza, and Bynum.

polandprzem
05-07-2009, 09:42 AM

That's a lie

polandprzem
05-07-2009, 09:43 AM

What do you want from a kettle, Mr. pot?

dbestpro
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM
If the league is true they will suspend Kobe 1 game for the elbow to the throat. Fisher as well should lose a game. The Lakers should not get away with cheap shots and try to call it toughness. Kobe and Odem throughout the game showed a complete lack of professionalism with the constant chatter. To suspend Kobe one game may actually be good for Kobe. Otherwise, I have no doubt that one day after Kobe has retired that he will always believe that he is above the rules. He looks to be the future O.J. in the making.

hater
05-07-2009, 10:02 AM
People are surprised that refs helped Lakers win????? come on. this has been happening for decades.

Lakers came out head hunting. Refs should have called a few if not more technicals on the Lakers. But no, they let it play and it got out of hand. Fuck the Fakers, fuck the refs. fuck the NBA

hater
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
oh yes. and Fisher and Kobe should be suspended. Fisher is a piece of shit.

of course they won't though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
The Derek Fisher play was outrageous. The last time a Laker blindsided a Rocket that bad was Kermit Washington and Rudy T.

I was wrong, Fisher is just as much a punk as Bryant, Ariza, and Bynum.

I got a glance of Fisher's post game interview, in his suit pretending to be above the fray with political answers, downplaying the game 2 antics. He's got phony written all over him.
Didn't he win a sportsmanship award a couple years ago just for doing what a father SHOULD do anyway?? He's must have a good PR agent to float around to the sports commentators memos to "say Derek's classy tonight" "mention Derek's sportsman of the year award" "mention my personal struggles" obviously Doug Collins still receives the Derek Fisher memos: "Look how strong and tough he is! so manly!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he really did have a more proactive PR behind him since Derek Fisher is involved with influence in the league as the president of the NBA players union/association from 2006.

Seems to add up that he's just another classless prick with a facade. It's evident in last night's game.

Just another big fat phony baloney.

Capt Bringdown
05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Sometimes Doug needs to hold his tongue. I never liked his commentating. He sounds like your best friends know it all dad.

Give me Hubie.

Exactly - with Collins there is a nauseating tendency to try to have the last word on everything, as if he invented basketball.

No surprise that he defended Fischer's flagrant foul. He's that kind of weasel.

ElNono
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
On the Fisher play, look at the replay from the camera above the Laker's backboard. You can see Fish actually looking back to see where Scola is coming from at the start of the play. That was so premeditated it's not even funny. Then the douche says in the post game interview that he was only trying to defend the high pick and roll. :lol

And I still don't know why Artest was ejected, other than Joey wanting to be a star.
I can see the refs giving him a T, but there was no altercation, and if anybody threw an elbow it was Kobe.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Why are people surprised that the Lakers get the calls?

Stop assuming the NBA is a legitimate sport. Did the Tim Donaghy scandal not prove that the NBA is just a more legitimized version of the WWE?

leemajors
05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
So you think its ok to look back and throw an elbow to a guy's head like Fisher did?

he didn't throw an elbow to his head, he put his shoulder into his chest and pushed his arm out on the follow through. it was premeditated, but a hard playoff foul. being overblown just like horry hip checking nash.

EricB
05-07-2009, 12:00 PM
he didn't throw an elbow to his head, he put his shoulder into his chest and pushed his arm out on the follow through. it was premeditated, but a hard playoff foul. being overblown just like horry hip checking nash.

I'm sorry your seeing a different play.

His elbow went right at his head while not connecting there, it connected near there.

Watch the play again.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Exactly - with Collins there is a nauseating tendency to try to have the last word on everything, as if he invented basketball.

No surprise that he defended Fischer's flagrant foul. He's that kind of weasel.

I was pretty surprised at this too. Someone comes up to set a pick and your lunge and take a swing at him? How is that tough? I was waiting for one of the announcers to call him a little punk jerk, which is what he was out there.

And Kobe's elbow went right into Artest's throat. If you've ever had someone swing an elbow at your head or neck going for a rebound you know that hurts like a muther. And when someone is right up behind you, like Artest was with Kobe, Kobe knew exactly where he was throwing that elbow.

So, yeah, Fisher and Kobe were both bush league last night. Artest probably shouldn't have gone back after Kobe, but for someone who plays as intensely as Artest does, he stayed fairly calm. He probably earned being tossed, though.

Artest is one of those guys whose play degrades when he gets mad, so hopefully he can keep his emotion in check in games three and four.

And Yao got a good taste of what Duncan deals with so much. He was getting totally hacked in the paint for a bunch of no-calls, yet a lot of his fouls were ticky tack stuff. There's no room in today's NBA for true bigmen.

leemajors
05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry your seeing a different play.

His elbow went right at his head while not connecting there, it connected near there.

Watch the play again.

I have, repeatedly. He wasn't throwing an elbow at his head.

sy8UEuiuHtA

GSH
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I have, repeatedly. He wasn't throwing an elbow at his head.

sy8UEuiuHtA

Your slow-motion video shows perfectly what happened. You see Fisher look back for Scola. Then he crouches and loads up, and lunges into Scola, and drives his forearm/elbow upwards towards where Scola's head would have been. The only reason it didn't connect was because Scola's head had already been driven backwards by the head-butt.

Driving into someone head first, and making head-to-head contact like that, will get you a penalty (and often a fine) in the NFL. It's got no place in basketball where guys don't wear pads and helmets.

The real issue here, and the point of the thread, is Joey Crawford. There is no question that it was a cheap shot by Fisher, and it earned him an ejection by the other refs. But Crawford was looking right at it, and never made a move towards his whistle. He wouldn't even have called a foul on Fisher. That is totally unacceptable for an NBA referee. And it is just one more nail in what should be his coffin.

superbigtime
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Here - the Lakers trolls can start defending this cheap shot, while I see if I can dig up video of Kobe elbowing Artest in the throat.

This shit will carry over into the next game, and the Lakers definitely got the best of it. Joey Crawford always seems to find a way to leave his mark on a game. BTW - you may notice that Joey didn't blow his whistle, or seem too excited by the play. I know there was another ref closer, but he was staring right at the action and didn't move a muscle.

V5Dge8B2O3s

Apparently Doug Collins gets ass banged by Derek Fisher. I hate the Lakers so damn much.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
NBA is rigged. Nothing new here.

poop
05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Rondo smacks miller's head = 'hard playoff foul'.

Rondo grabs heinrich and throws him into table = double tech including one on heinrich for getting thrown into a table.

Artest talks to kobe = EJECTION!!!!!!!

kobyz
05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
it's a shame that Joey Crawford still in the NBA

all_heart
05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
they took a chance of it happening tonight. That game got completely out of control. There were cheap shots being thrown, players taunting other players, and bodies hitting the floor right and left. Any respectable officiating crew would have stepped in long before, and put a stop to the shit. The technicals they finally called were too little, and way too fucking late. Kobe and fisher threw those elbows because they thought they could get by with them. And kobe obviously was right.

The game tonight was every bit as bad as the pacer-piston game, and it could have erupted just as easily. The only thing it was lacking was a fan throwing a beer.

If the league is really worried about a repeat of that debacle, they would get rid of crawford. I swear i sometimes wonder if he's there for a reason. What other explanation could there be? Sure as hell not his officiating skills.

And you obviously rode the short bus to school.

+1

sook
05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I don't even care that Ron got kicked out of the game. Guilty by reputation mostly. When he got up in Kobe's face after Kobe got away with another cheap shot he was a hero to everyone who's ever watched their team play against the Lakers. Actually, I bet at least one player on the Lakers bench was secretly proud of Ron too. Kobe's jawing all game about how no one can guard him, but he's getting thoroughly outplayed by Ron Artest and the Lakers are possibly in danger of going 0-2 on their own court despite the refs keeping Yao out of the game. So Kobe has to prove he's the man and throw his elbows around and smirk like nothing happened. I'm going to love watching the Lakers go down in game 3.

I don't even need evidence. The league already proved it. The Donughy scandal proved that you can accurately predict the outcome of an NBA basketball game based on who the officials assigned to the game are. If the league cared at all about fair officiating, Joey Crawford would never be assigned to another playoff game at Staples center. Ever. As soon as I saw him on the court, I knew the Lakers were going to win. The Rockets made it tough for them for awhile by shooting the lights out in the second quarter. There's nothing Crawford can do about that. But he can call Yao for 3 questionable foul calls and keep him on the bench. And he can call Artest for a fouling Kobe's elbow with his neck and then toss him out of the game for not taking it like a punk. The Rockets had no chance without Yao and Artest in the game.

GSH
05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
The only person who has done more than Joey Crawford to screw the Spurs over the years is Stu Jackson. I can say with no fear of being mistaken that his motives are not pure and unbiased. His influence has left a stain on more than a few playoff series, and I'm convinced that he is largely responsible for Crawford being allowed to come back to the court. They need to pack Crawford in Stuey's suitcase, and put both of them on a bus out of town.

This is what he had to say about Crawford ejecting Artest:

Stu Jackson also addressed Joey Crawford's decision to eject Artest from Game 2.

"That is the referee’s judgment," Jackson said. "He made the judgment to eject Ron Artest on one technical foul, which by rule is acceptable. That judgment was made based upon the act that Artest committed – first complaining to the official and then walking quite a distance to confront another player. [ed. - no different that what Lamar Scrotum did earlier in the game] The referee made the judgment at that time that he should remove the player from the game for that act and also as to not risk further incident with the player. [ed. - what further incident? talking?]

When asked if Crawford made the right call instead of just a permissable call, Jackson backed his referee up: "The referee made a correct judgment." [ed. - so any ref who didn't eject Artest in that spot would have exhibited bad judgment?]

And this is the bullshit explanation that Stuey gave for not suspending Kobe:

"Kobe committed a flagrant foul penalty 1 that was an elbow that was delivered as part of the rebound being played under the basket. When it was reviewed on video, it appeared that he made contact with the elbow to Ron Artest’s chest area [ed. - "missed it by that much] and so upon that review we deemed that to be a flagrant foul penalty 1," Jackson said. Had Bryant's elbow contacted Artest above the chest, then a suspension could have come into play. [ed. - so if Artest was a few inches shorter, Kobe would be suspended?]

"We’re clear in our rules that we treat elbow contact above the shoulder area differently than we do to other parts of the body," Jackson said. [ed. - except when Bruce Bowen is involved... then contact isn't actually necessary]

Besides from calling Fisher, officials also reached out to Bryant and Artest.
"We did talk to both players," Jackson said. "Typically we don’t, in this case we did. We talked to both players and the focus here was really to try and determine what the relationship was between the two players during the game [ed. - now Stuey is a fucking mind-reader], what precipitated the incident and certainly [ed. - now an intentional elbow to the throat is OK, if something precipitated it?] , as importantly, where the contact was actually made in their minds [ed. - Artest doesn't know where his own throat is. Kobe says chest, and that's good enough] just to get some background."

Jackson called Bryant's elbow "unnecessary contact." [ed. - sort of like talking in class... bad Kobe]

Phil Jackson had his own interpretation of the Bryant infraction:

"A guy puts an elbow in the back of my neck and starts driving me under the basket and I can’t box him out because he outweighs me by 30 pounds [ed. - pussy can't hang with Artest, so a cheap shot is warranted] , I’m going to use whatever means I have," he said. "Maybe not the most ultimate dirty weapons, but you’re going to try and protect your basket. [ed. - so when Andrew Bynym outweighs you by 50 pounds, and is trying to get position, it would be okay to kick him in the balls?]

When you make your Christmas wish list to have Joey Crawford fired, don't forget to include Stu Jackson. In his own way, he's worse, because he's given Joey so much cover.

sook
05-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Artest gets ejected for the 2nd straight game :lmao

Surprised Crawford wasn't officiating.

Stu Jackson is the one that needs to be fired. ^^^ You're right