PDA

View Full Version : I smell 2002 all over again

Silver&Black Warrior
05-07-2009, 12:46 AM
I have not seen the majority of this game as I live in the Eastern time zone. I was falling asleep with the game on (4th quarter 7:45 mark), and my curiousity peaked enough to wake me up and right away I've got BAD FEELINGS about this series.

I could tell right away that the refs were allowing the Lakers to be aggressive defensively than the Rockets were being allowed. The Lakers were swiping, bodying up and just being more physical. There's no way that the Rockets are playing passively out of their own volition in a game of this magnitude. Also, right away my first impression is that no matter what the Rockets do, they are not going to win this game. As I write this the game is still going on, but I turned it off a few minutes ago in disgust and have not looked at the score because I already know the result. Everything about this game from the moment I looked up at it smells and REEKS of something very familiar.

Just something else I wanted to point out too is that the circumstances of this series are very much in parallel to that of the Lakers-Kings 2002 in that the Rockets have become an unexpected challenger to the agenda and that a Rockets series victory would disrupt a much anticipated result. (The climax of a 3rd and final Shaq-Kobe championship vs. An epic showdown of "the Black Mamba" and "King James"... I can just see that lighted up in old-style movie lettering)

I am calling it right now. THIS IS AN EPIC SCREW JOB IN THE MAKING. Book it, seal it, make it official whatever you want to do. Please remember to pull this topic back up after an outrage, atrocity, and ambiguity of a game 7. I feel really bad for the Rockets because I can tell they're playing really hard. Well anyway, I just had to vent and now I'm going back to sleep. :sleep

Artest93
05-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Is it odd that Gasol and Bynum both made comments about the refs, and were not fined?

Banzai
05-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Go Lakers!

Medvedenko
05-07-2009, 12:49 AM
I have not seen the majority of this game as I live in the Eastern time zone. I was falling asleep with the game on (4th quarter 7:45 mark), and my curiousity peaked enough to wake me up and right away I've got BAD FEELINGS about this series.

I could tell right away that the refs were allowing the Lakers to be aggressive defensively than the Rockets were being allowed. The Lakers were swiping, bodying up and just being more physical. There's no way that the Rockets are playing passively out of their own volition in a game of this magnitude. Also, right away my first impression is that no matter what the Rockets do, they are not going to win this game. As I write this the game is still going on, but I turned it off a few minutes ago in disgust and have not looked at the score because I already know the result. Everything about this game from the moment I looked up at it smells and REEKS of something very familiar.

Just something else I wanted to point out too is that the circumstances of this series are very much in parallel to that of the Lakers-Kings 2002 in that the Rockets have become an unexpected challenger to the agenda and that a Rockets series victory would disrupt a much anticipated result. (The climax of a 3rd and final Shaq-Kobe championship vs. An epic showdown of "the Black Mamba" and "King James"... I can just see that lighted up in old-style movie lettering)

I am calling it right now. THIS IS AN EPIC SCREW JOB IN THE MAKING. Book it, seal it, make it official whatever you want to do. Please remember to pull this topic back up after an outrage, atrocity, and ambiguity of a game 7. I feel really bad for the Rockets because I can tell they're playing really hard. Well anyway, I just had to vent and now I'm going back to sleep. :sleep

More Foul Shots for Houston. T's for the Lakers 3 and 2 for the Rockets while 2 starters were tossed each. Yeah, epic screw job for realsssss.... Quit posting.

Imposter Cleaner
05-07-2009, 04:30 AM
More Foul Shots for Houston. T's for the Lakers 3 and 2 for the Rockets while 2 starters were tossed each. Yeah, epic screw job for realsssss.... Quit posting.
He has only got 4 posts in his account, give him a break please.

IronMexican
05-07-2009, 04:32 AM
gay thread

J.T.
05-07-2009, 04:38 AM

No, it's not a fucking screw job. The Lakers were in the penalty before any of the Artest-Kobe shit happened. Ron probably shouldn't have been tossed and I think it's apparent that once again Joey Crawford has put himself at the middle of a stupid officiating mistake, this time in the playoffs. You can't say that they were trying to fix this for the Lakers because the Rockets had free throws on any Laker whistle with like 8 minutes to go in the game and only down by 7. If you can't come back to beat any team, let alone the Lakers, with 8 minutes of free points on any whistle then you don't deserve to win the game.

Ron Artest might have got screwed, and Houston's chances at winning the game by extension of that, but in no way was that a fixed game in favor of LA. It just sucks that something like that had to ruin an otherwise epic game. And Fisher's takedown of Scola was dirty.

ginobili's bald spot
05-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Yup, it's all fixed. It's all about the Lakers. That's how we got these **spoiler alert** 15 rings faggot. Thanks for the support you stupid motherfuckers who waste your time rooting for other teams and getting all emotional. :lol Just make sure to be a good bitch and keep watching and contributing money to the Lakers Dynasty Association. :toast