PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Fisher drops Luis Scola

Tacker
05-07-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6ocQZingho

Possible suspension?

Discuss.

Here's his explanation for the cheap shot.

"I understand the officials were trying to get the game under control at that point," Fisher said. "My intent was to run through the pick hard. He was further away from me than I thought so my arm was up high when I hit them."

Budkin
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
He better be suspended for that. Cheap shot motherfucker.

hater
05-07-2009, 10:07 AM
of course he should get suspended. but he won't, the NBA is helping the Lakers as much as they can.

that was 50x worse than the Horry hip check and Horry got suspended 2 games. But again, I guarantee he won't. Fuck the NBA and FUck the Lakers

Obstructed_View
05-07-2009, 10:31 AM
He hit another player in the mouth with his head. He should be suspended.

He won't be.

E20
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
This is fucking bull shit because when Robert Horry did something miniscule the whole fucking world was at arms.

Derek Fisher did this and we're thinking if he should be supspended or not. lol no doubt he needs to be suspended.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 10:49 AM
"i understand the officials were trying to get the game under control at that point," fisher said. "my intent was to run through the pick hard. He was further away from me than i thought so my arm was up high when i hit them."

HORSE SHIT

:flipoff

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 10:52 AM
:lmao at Spur fans fake outrage.

You have Bruce Bowen on your team, STFU.

poop
05-07-2009, 10:56 AM
im not 'outraged' but they have to be consistent with things, i mean if horry's little overblown hipcheck on nash got him suspended for 2 games, then fisher's far worst takedown of scola should get him at least 2 games, am i right?
if you disagree with this then you are admitting the Lakers get special treatment.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Where was your outrage over Rondo throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table? Or when he smacked Miller in the face?

Cry Havoc
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Where was your outrage over Rondo throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table? Or when he smacked Miller in the face?

Wtf are you talking about?

Spurs fans were livid when that happened. Most of the board here wanted Rondo gone for at least a game.

TheMACHINE
05-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Soft ass Euro's.

hater
05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Soft ass Euro's.

he is Argentine. you ignorant fuck

urunobili
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
How did Fisher get cut? It wasn't from Scola's intervention... maybe he did it with his own nail... He should get one game

hater
05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
How did Fisher get cut? It wasn't from Scola's intervention... maybe he did it with his own nail... He should get one game

he headbutted scola and got cut. that was a hockey style body check. If NBA had any credibility, dude should be suspended for minimum 2 games

TheProfessor
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
So now you're just making up shit. Or you're just willfully ignorant.

Do you offer anything constructive whatsoever to this forum? You're an embarrassment to competent Lakers' posters.

Brazil
05-07-2009, 11:39 AM
On this one there is no room for discussion he should be suspended one game

DDS4
05-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Fish is usually a pretty standup guy. He lost it at that moment and fine/suspension is likely.

leemajors
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM

scola's tooth

DaDakota
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
he headbutted scola and got cut. that was a hockey style body check. If NBA had any credibility, dude should be suspended for minimum 2 games

Totally agree.

DD

Ninja
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Anyone have an animated gif of this?

Flux451
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Focus.

Fisher should be suspended. Period.

You are bitching on this thread but haven't stated your opinion on the matter at hand.

Flux451
05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Luis Scola's tooth should be suspended too.

hater
05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Focus.

Fisher should be suspended. Period.

You are bitching on this thread but haven't stated your opinion on the matter at hand.

his opinion is that Scola should be suspended for no less than 2 games for flopping

eisfeld
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Fisher saw him coming and threw himself into Scola. If Scola would have suspected a hard contact he would not have gone to the floor. Nevertheless it was intentional but the outcome of his body check was not and a 1 game suspension should be alright.

TheMACHINE
05-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Soft Ass Argentinians

ElNono
05-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Soft Ass Argentinians

LOL, coming from a guy whose team trots out Pau Gasol every night... that's fucking rich. :lmao

poop
05-07-2009, 12:43 PM
By stating that Fisher shouldnt be suspended, lakers fans are thus admitting their team gets special treatment.

Spur-Addict
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
he is Argentine. you ignorant fuck

:wow

:lmao

Spur-Addict
05-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm usually hard on Scola because of his flopping tendencies. But you could tell right away that was a serious hit. Little Fisherman was trying to send some sort of message.

stretch
05-07-2009, 01:14 PM

You are a stupid fucking piece of shit. The world would seriously be better off without ignorant dipshits like you.

Indazone
05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
This is a crock of shit!

Way to go Phil, nice piece of homer revisionist history.

The question the league will have to determine now is, was the ejection enough, or was Fisher's play so malicious that it warrants additional punishment in the form of a suspension? Phil Jackson (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/topics?topic=Phil+Jackson) was asked after Game 2 if he was concerned that his team might be without Fisher's services when the series resumes in Houston on Friday.
"Absolutely not," Jackson scoffed. "It's an inconsistent situation out there that the referees have to understand what it is. I agree, it was probably met with more force, but if there's a pick set and you run through it, it's a foul. If you run to it and hit the pick, then it's not a foul. [Fisher] ran through the pick; it's a foul. We had a foul to give. We told the guys we had a foul to give, and asking Fisher at the end of the game what happened, he said 'I thought the pick was closer to me and I was going to meet it. I meant to give a foul, but it was farther away and he stopped farther away than I thought he would.'
"He was surprised [at the ejection]," Jackson said. "We were too."
When it was his turn to meet the press, Derek Fisher echoed that sentiment, while trying to explain the play from his point of view.
"I knew that they were going to run a high screen and roll," Fisher began. "They had called 'fist-up' so I knew the high screen and roll was coming, and I knew we had a foul to give. So my intent was to run through the pick hard. For some reason, big guys have been allowed to move and set much closer and tighter picks on guards at the top of the floor that I've ever seen before. So my intent was just to run through him hard. But when I turned to take off and run, he wasn't as close to me as I thought he was. So by the time I ran into him, my arm was up higher than it normally would have been, had I turned -- normally, as close as guys are, when you turn, they're right there. So my arm would have been [lower], but as soon as I turned to go and he wasn't there as close, by the time I got to him my arm did come up more to his mid-section."

RedsLakers24
05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
It was just a hard playoff foul, Houston Grow a Pair, LOL, he should get suspended he looked right at him before hitting him, he knew his purpose and that was to hurt him, but a suspension might be good for the Lakers, just like the Magic played without Dwight it lights a fire for the team, and his defense has been really bad, Shannon and Farmar are better agaisnt the Rockets

Spur-Addict
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey, if my starting point guard was likely to get suspended for a pivotal game three, you bet i'd be painting a picasso like picture. That bow was Sick McNasty. I thought Fish was going to finish Scola off with the people's elbow.

RedsLakers24
05-07-2009, 01:26 PM
i taught i was watching UFC out there