PDA

View Full Version : Another Gist question.....

spurs50_
05-07-2009, 10:49 AM
We all know how Pop treats his rookies. Would he play Gist more because he has a year playing overseas or would he treat him like a rookie straight out of college? And would he be playing the small forward position? ......just wondering , thanks

poop
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
it depends, if Gist goes out there and does some power dunks, bangs for rebounds and maybe heads a fast break, he will be benched.

however if he just stands around the perimeter and jacks up 3's, he will get plenty of minutes or perhaps moved to point guard.

Yuushi12
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
it depends, if Gist goes out there and does some power dunks, bangs for rebounds and maybe heads a fast break, he will be benched.

however if he just stands around the perimeter and jacks up 3's, he will get plenty of minutes or perhaps moved to point guard.

ROFL. but +1

hater
05-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Gist will play 30mpg and will average a triple double

wildbill2u
05-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Nobody who isn't a true superstar will get a lot of minutes under Pop. Developing players go to the bench, get a few minutes, and are shipped to the Toros, then brought back to the bench, fewer minutes, and waived.

It's called 'screening by 10 day contract.'

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2009, 01:46 PM
gist will deliver....

believe man

D-ROB 50
05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I honestly believe that Gist will be a contributer next season. He can be the SF we have been looking for. He is young and athletic....is'nt that what we need? And from what I remember from summer league he could hit from the outside. Hey, if pop gave tolliver a shot, he would be an idiot of epic proportions to not give Gist a contract.

temujin
05-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Gist is playing honestly for a mediocre team in a mediocre league.

He is duely ignored on most plays, and he gets his points from pick and rolls and put-backs from offensive rebounds.
He has serious fouls problems and he is less than fierce on defense.

If Gregg Popovich can make this guy a contributor in a winning NBA team,
he is my choice for greatest coach of all times.

Biernutz
05-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Playing time? What does Gist know about wine.

raspsa
05-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't know if he has the skills to play SF at the NBA level.. it would be great if he did.

Marcus Bryant
05-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Let's see him sign first.

BackHome
05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Gist is playing honestly for a mediocre team in a mediocre league.

He is duely ignored on most plays, and he gets his points from pick and rolls and put-backs from offensive rebounds.
He has serious fouls problems and he is less than fierce on defense.

If Gregg Popovich can make this guy a contributor in a winning NBA team,
he is my choice for greatest coach of all times.

Alot of us liked Gist in the summer camp and now that he has one year playing for the second best team in Italy give him shot. Plus I don't care how he scores but he is averaging 13 pts/6 rebounds and hitting 40+ on his three's.

spursbird
05-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Nobody who isn't a true superstar will get a lot of minutes under Pop. Developing players go to the bench, get a few minutes, and are shipped to the Toros, then brought back to the bench, fewer minutes, and waived.

It's called 'screening by 10 day contract.'
I'm afraid this is the truth.:depressed:(

Sean Cagney
05-07-2009, 11:42 PM

AHHAHAHAHAH YEAH!!!!! I bet he does get benched or cut like Pops did after that. Po hates those guys, he wants some older guys who just jack up threes and don't play any D nor have any energy.

jason1301
05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Alot of us liked Gist in the summer camp and now that he has one year playing for the second best team in Italy give him shot. Plus I don't care how he scores but he is averaging 13 pts/6 rebounds and hitting 40+ on his three's.

you lost me there....

What is encouraging is that Oberto had also crappy numbers when playing in Europe as well, but was a contributor. Gist has time on his side, thats the good news, but he needs to improve big time.

tav1
05-08-2009, 12:21 AM
spurs50: Gist might not make the team. Or, my guess, he plays reasonably well in summer league and camp and the Spurs try to allocate him to Austin, but keep a roster spot open. If he plays well in Austin, then maybe they sign him as their 15th.