PDA

View Full Version : Denver Wins, Lakers Lose 7th Straight

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Hope you look good in that suit on the lotto drawing show Kobe!

On a more serious playoff related note, Denver is starting to look freaking scary as a playoff opponent. They are 20-5 (!!) since Karl took over as coach.

ducks
03-24-2005, 11:55 PM
maybe denver can play houston
then one of those teams will be gone :lol

ducks
03-24-2005, 11:56 PM
the lakers denver game was not even close :lol

Dex
03-24-2005, 11:56 PM
See everybody. Things COULD be worse.

At least we're not on our SEVENTH straight loss, WITH our superstar healthy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Unfortunately it's looking like if we finish 2nd or 3rd we're facing either Houston or Denver.

Houston scares me because Pop thinks he needs to outdefense Van Gundy, which means our offense looks like shit because it's an afterthought to Pop.

And Denver is playing the best ball in the league outside of Miami right now, with a lot of length inside to throw at Duncan and a PG in Miller who gives Parker fits.

Dex
03-25-2005, 12:49 AM
They still deserve it for .4 :elephant

circles_eternal
03-25-2005, 01:03 AM
They still deserve it for .4

:lol karma...and Kobe was the one who brought it all upon them! :elephant

MI21
03-25-2005, 02:44 AM
And Denver is playing the best ball in the league outside of Miami right now, with a lot of length inside to throw at Duncan and a PG in Miller who gives Parker fits.

Parker has always done well against Miller in Cleveland, Los Angeles and Denver.

Jimcs50
03-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Denver won w/o Camby and Martin....unlike our pussified team who can not win w/o TD.

ducks
03-25-2005, 08:32 AM
I am sure jim that devin brown and a healthy manu might disagree with you
I believe they are spurs that did not play

Jimcs50
03-25-2005, 08:57 AM
I am sure jim that devin brown and a healthy manu might disagree with you
I believe they are spurs that did not play

No excuses!!!

Every team plays w/o their stars every year and champions come through when the chips are down. This team is 1-5 w/o TD and 0-2 w/o TD when he has exited in the first Q after being injured....that is not going to cut it.

boutons
03-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I agree with Jim, but won't make a habit of it. :)

The no-Tim collapse exposes, undeniably, a softness in the Spurs that I sensed, and posted about before Christmas and got thoroughly trashed for it, when the Spurs were sailing along at the top of the league.

To repeat (all of the below are WITH Tim playing):

the incredible collapses on both ends for one quarter (@TOR, Sonics@SBC),

the glaring inconsistency from qtr to qtr, from game to game

the bad losses to lottery teams

the bad losses to playoff teams not playing playoff ball

the ugly wins and losses to lottery teams outhustling us (Clips @SBC, @UTA)

the losses given away by playing badly, rather than by playing well and getting beat (@SAC).

the mediocre road record, esp .500 against playoff teams, obscured by and offsetting the league-best home record.

The Spurs, including Pop, are now faced with their own softness. If they are the champions we expect them to be,

they will successfully harden up,

make the adjustments in attitude,

each Spurs becomes his own leader, assumes full responsibility for himself to affect the outcome of the game,

Find ways to win, including Pop's coaching (no more idiotic 4-down @NYK with Nazr and Horry in the crunch time, fuck it! no more 4-down EVER), without Tim.

etc, etc.

The Spurs have plenty of talent, without Tim, if that talent decides to play hustle ball, above all to play tough defense, and hustle the boards.

Jimcs50
03-25-2005, 10:08 AM
I think Beno needs to take over the starting job if TP continues to play soft without TD in the game.

ducks
03-25-2005, 10:55 AM
yeah beno got that w in new york did he not....

adidas11
03-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I expected the Lakers to struggle this season, but this definitely hurts. No chance for them to make the playoffs now...looks like we will rebuild through the draft.

ducks
03-25-2005, 01:00 PM
if west was smart they would trade kobe for 2 stars....

you expected lakers to struggle but did you ever expect a team with kobe to lose 7 straight?

ducks
03-25-2005, 01:07 PM
The Lakers are 6-32 when their opponent scores 100 points. ... Los Angeles is on its longest losing streak since dropping 10 straight to end the 1993-94 season.

TDfan2007
03-25-2005, 06:08 PM
This just proves how stupid people who compared Kobe to Jordan really are. Kobe is a joke compared to Jordan.

1Parker1
03-25-2005, 09:45 PM
^^And what about when they compare Lebron to Jordan? Cavs aren't doing that much better...

TDfan2007
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
those people are closer, but still idiots

Medvedenko
03-26-2005, 08:27 PM
You put Jordan on this Laker team..and they wouldn't do any better...seriously.
Odom has been out, they have bench players playing starter minutes...it's very silly to bash Kobe and hold him resonsible. But he deserves this....ya I know...whatever.

picnroll
03-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Just because Kobe is a talented players Lakers fans thought he was a leader. Sorry Kobe's no leader. He's an anti-leader, he POs other players.

Question for Lakers' fans. What did you ever see in Kobe that made you think he could be a leader?

adidas11
03-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I never said that he could be a leader.

T Park
03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Jimcs and Boutons have taken the lead from WHottt and SequSpur as forum dumbfucks.

ALVAREZ6
03-26-2005, 09:22 PM
You put Jordan on this Laker team..and they wouldn't do any better...seriously.Odom has been out, they have bench players playing starter minutes...it's very silly to bash Kobe and hold him resonsible. But he deserves this....ya I know...whatever.

No.

Zmaj
03-26-2005, 10:00 PM
In my opinion there's one major difference between Kobe and Jordan. Jordan was a superb motivator while Kobe is not. Jordan kinda invented the phrase "making your teammates better" (or at least gave it an even higher meaning) while all Kobe does is "suffocate" his teammates. Though as far as skills go they're maybe not that much different (I personally still think Jordan was better, especially because of his clutch ability and basketball IQ).

boutons
03-26-2005, 11:56 PM
T-park, kiss my ass, you little gay twerp-shit

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-27-2005, 12:01 AM
I think Beno needs to take over the starting job if TP continues to play soft without TD in the game.

:lol :lol thank god you are not POP

Spursman21
03-27-2005, 12:27 AM
lakers lose 7th straight!!!!....LOL....lakers u cant have everything your way!

Lakafan23
03-27-2005, 02:52 AM
You put Jordan on this Laker team..and they wouldn't do any better...seriously.
Odom has been out, they have bench players playing starter minutes...it's very silly to bash Kobe and hold him resonsible. But he deserves this....ya I know...whatever.

What the hell is your problem? Why don't you go suck Kobe's balls. I mean seriously Jordan was much better than Kobe, and if you put Jordan on the Lakers the Lakers would probably be 5th seed right now or really close to it. Also, if Jordan was on the Lakers Odom would be much better.