PDA

View Full Version : I still think Artest could be a Laker next year

JamStone
05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Despite what happened last night, Lakers would be wise to go after Artest if he can be had for the MLE. He brings what the Lakers are trying to fake, toughness. I think Artest would still consider going to the Lakers too. Wouldn't surprise me if he does go there.

hhml
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure what the Lakers' salary cap will be but what if they plan on signing Bibby and Artest and letting LO/Ariza go? More likely LO since he is more expensive.

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 02:53 PM
If Artest could be had for the MLE, why would he not stay with the Rockets or go to the Spurs?

He loves Tim Duncan.

IronMexican
05-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I'd take Ron over any of the Sf's currently on the team. I wish Luke never re-signed here.

mytespurs
05-07-2009, 05:32 PM
If Artest could be had for the MLE, why would he not stay with the Rockets or go to the Spurs?

He loves Tim Duncan.

That's great but I would think if he had a choice, it would be LA.

sook
05-07-2009, 05:34 PM
lol we're keeping ron fuck off!

sook
05-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Thats the thing i like about him, he is genuine and gives his all every time he is on the court. It has rubbed off on the rest of the players too

KSeal
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM

He loves Tim Duncan.

Well TD's knees don't work very well anymore and Manu's ankle can't make it through a whole season, sorry to say but the Spurs are on the downturn. I think you're right that Ron would rather stay in Houston where he will have a chance at a ring then go to a washed up Spurs team that's fading fast.

GuerillaBlack
05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Ron will be staying in Houston. :toast

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Well TD's knees don't work very well anymore and Manu's ankle can't make it through a whole season, sorry to say but the Spurs are on the downturn. I think you're right that Ron would rather stay in Houston where he will have a chance at a ring then go to a washed up Spurs team that's fading fast.
LMFAO..dude..did you see Tim in the playoffs? Without his knee brace? Averaging 19 and 8 in the playoffs...and would have been a lot more if it hadn't been for Game 3 in which he didn't even play an entire half. Yao's averaging 16 and 10. If the Rockets lose to the Lakers, I could definitely see Ron leaving Houston for SA...knowing that he could be the toughness the Spurs need to get right back into it. We still have our Big 3..Tim is still great..Manu is resting up..he'll be fine..Tony's just reaching his prime. With a piece like Artest, the Spurs are right back to being a contender.

KSeal
05-07-2009, 07:21 PM
LMFAO..dude..did you see Tim in the playoffs? Without his knee brace? Averaging 19 and 8 in the playoffs...and would have been a lot more if it hadn't been for Game 3 in which he didn't even play an entire half. Yao's averaging 16 and 10. If the Rockets lose to the Lakers, I could definitely see Ron leaving Houston for SA...knowing that he could be the toughness the Spurs need to get right back into it. We still have our Big 3..Tim is still great..Manu is resting up..he'll be fine..Tony's just reaching his prime. With a piece like Artest, the Spurs are right back to being a contender.

Wow, so TD was that good and TP was that good and your team still could only win one game against the Mavs! Oh no and TD had to hurt his stats because his coach wouldn't put him in in the second half because they were losing by 20. Damn the Spurs have a looooong way to go before they get anywhere close to another ring. I know the Manu excuse will come in reply but seriously if TD is still as good as you say and TP is amazing and you can only beat the Mavs once, I think you have a lot more rebuilding to do even if Manu comes back strong.

Yuushi12
05-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, so TD was that good and TP was that good and your team still could only win one game against the Mavs! Oh no and TD had to hurt his stats because his coach wouldn't put him in in the second half because they were losing by 20. Damn the Spurs have a looooong way to go before they get anywhere close to another ring. I know the Manu excuse will come in reply but seriously if TD is still as good as you say and TP is amazing and you can only beat the Mavs once, I think you have a lot more rebuilding to do even if Manu comes back strong.

Enough with the manu excuse and td's health but..

What if the spurs had better role players?

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Manu douchebag..Manu. The guy is our third option right now. And the rest are mainly scraps that we've tried to put together to assemble a team. Without Manu, we've got two guys who can score on a nightly basis..and with Timmy's knees going in and out this year (even though his injury is completely healable) and Tony having to take over games with no help, it's a little difficult. With Manu back, and if we were to get Artest, we go from having 2 options to 4...all of a sudden our team has 4 players that could be first options on other teams. Plus a player with a lot of toughness...I'd say we'd be right back as a contender.

IronMexican
05-07-2009, 10:59 PM
lol we're keeping ron fuck off!

You hated this guy a couple of days ago. You are bipolar son. I've never seen anyone on this forum change they're mind as much as you.

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 11:03 PM
back to the topic.......if the Lakers could sign Artest would they let Ariza leave? His stock has dipped a bit in my eyes in the Houston series. Maybe he can pick it up but I am a bit disappointed.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 11:12 PM
His stock has dipped after two games?

Man you people are stupid.

Ghazi
05-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Artest/Shaq/Kidd/Dirk 2010!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Ya and I think Jessica Alba could be my girlfriend next year.

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 11:18 PM
His stock has dipped after two games?

Man you people are stupid.

Yeah, I think that it has. This is the first tough playoff series for Ariza this season, his breakout season, and he's struggling a bit. I thought he was an elite perimeter defender but Artest is getting his shot pretty easily against him on the perimeter and that's surprising. And he hasn't been hitting his jumpers in this series.

I'm not closing the book on him at all but I think his stock has dipped.

Indazone
05-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Artest kinda sucked during the season and was erratic but he definately showed up for the playoffs.

Killakobe81
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I think that it has. This is the first tough playoff series for Ariza this season, his breakout season, and he's struggling a bit. I thought he was an elite perimeter defender but Artest is getting his shot pretty easily against him on the perimeter and that's surprising. And he hasn't been hitting his jumpers in this series.

I'm not closing the book on him at all but I think his stock has dipped.

I hope so because we can have him back for cheap(er) ...he is not an elite defender ...yet never has been this year.

But a great helper adn he can get steals and take them back for 2 the other way ...i love that

Allanon
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Artest has been seriously balling in the Playoffs. I'd love to get him on the Lakers but he's gonna be too expensive with his great play.

VI_Massive
05-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Artest kinda sucked during the season and was erratic but he definately showed up for the playoffs.

My thoughts exactly. He took a lot of poor shots during the season and I thought that would be bad for Houston in the playoffs when they would need a more efficient offense. But he's been hitting a high percentage of his outside shots in the playoffs and it has paid off big time for Houston. They need the scoring. Can he keep hitting all those jumpers though? I really don't know. I hope so.

Imposter Cleaner
05-08-2009, 12:05 AM
You are an IDIOT. :idiot

Ron Artest also did a remarkable job in the regular season, the major engine of the Rockets used to be and will always be Ron Artest but not the 7'6 big piece of shit.

VI_Massive
05-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I hope so because we can have him back for cheap(er) ...he is not an elite defender ...yet never has been this year.

But a great helper adn he can get steals and take them back for 2 the other way ...i love that

Right but that's not enough to make him a good role player, right? He needs to either be a great perimeter defender or hit some of those outside shots.

Spursmania
05-08-2009, 12:07 AM

He loves Tim Duncan.

Really?

Spursmania
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Artest/Shaq/Kidd/Dirk 2010!

You're dreaming.:p:

Imposter Cleaner
05-08-2009, 12:17 AM
You're dreaming.:p:
It's not as pathetic as dreaming of Sheed "the old shit" Wallace though.