PDA

View Full Version : New camera angle on Kobe elbow to Artest throat

MiamiHeat
05-07-2009, 04:20 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3937/kobeelbow.jpg

Flux451
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Did you get this from a gif? If so post it.

ElNono
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/753/elbowdesktop.gif

benefactor
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks pretty indisputable to me.

peacemaker885
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
If this doesn't get Kobe suspended, I don't know what will.

RedsLakers24
05-07-2009, 04:30 PM
If this doesn't get Kobe suspended, I don't know what will.

the dude could get away from rape, this is nothing :wakeup

spurs_fan_in_exile
The elbow is intentional, but looks like the impact is below the shoulders. I don't think you'll see Kobe get suspended for it.

ElNono

lol

MiamiHeat
05-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Ool

benefactor
05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
The elbow is intentional, but looks like the impact is below the shoulders. I don't think you'll see Kobe get suspended for it.
Yeah...it looks like he catches him in the high chest/collarbone area. Probably a fine.

Dim Tuncan
05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Throat? More like chest you twats.

I hate the Fakers as much as anyone, but you're all acting like a bunch of faggots.

JamStone
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice shot of the play.

Doesn't look like it was the neck/throat, but it's closer than what some Laker fans were suggesting.

KSeal
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I love how there are still people claiming he elbowed him in the neck. It's so clear he gets him in his chest, fucking biased haters get so old with their constant bullshit act.

MiamiHeat
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I love how the Faker fans still argue cuz they want to suck kobe's dick

it's clear he hit him in the throat.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM

I hate the Fakers as much as anyone, but you're all acting like a bunch of faggots.

Spur fans listen up. When your own kind are calling you out for being bitch made it's time to STFU.

sook
05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I love how there are still people claiming he elbowed him in the neck. It's so clear he gets him in his chest, fucking biased haters get so old with their constant bullshit act.

It actually looks like he got him at the border of the neck chest area. Its pretty darn close, i don't remember ron complaining like that ever, all year. He is a tough guy, and kobe is his friend off the court, so something like that must have been to provoke him.

KSeal
05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I love how the Faker fans still argue cuz they want to suck kobe's dick

it's clear he hit him in the throat.

Nice try, his elbow goes right across ROCKETS, its says ROCKETS on his uniform that is located on his chest.

DPG21920
05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice shot of the play.

Doesn't look like it was the neck/throat, but it's closer than what some Laker fans were suggesting.

Allanon: Neck/Throat??? Might as well say Neck/Nutzz

sook
05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Nice try, his elbow goes right across ROCKETS, its says ROCKETS on his uniform that is located on his chest.

How can you have such a keen sense of depth perception from that angle? Look at it initially and look for reaction time. After artest falls back it looks like it got him in the chest. But as you see Kobe's elbow swiping it intersects the border of the neck/chest area the second he feels it.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 05:00 PM
My God people need to get their vision corrected. This is terrible. You have slow mo footage clearly showing he did not get the neck area and people refuse to believe it. The hate is strong.

dirk4mvp
05-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Looks like a tad below his right collarbone.

pauls931
05-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Kobe's elbows are always all over the place, didn't he get suspended a season or two back for flailing them while shooting?

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Spur fans listen up. When your own kind are calling you out for being bitch made it's time to STFU.
LMAO...you're one to talk, douchey..Laker fans tell you to shut the hell up all the time...

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 05:17 PM
My God people need to get their vision corrected. This is terrible. You have slow mo footage clearly showing he did not get the neck area and people refuse to believe it. The hate is strong.
God..whatever the hell kind of drugs you're on, I'd love to have some..because it completely eliminates all reality. No one hates on the Lakers..truth is, I actually think they're going to lose this series..they're just not as tough as Houston. Lakers haven't won a title since 2002, while my Spurs have won 3..so tell me, Dr. Douche...what is there to hate? You have nothing...

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 05:19 PM

Throat..chest..doesn't matter..elbow's an elbow...supposed to mean a suspension...Fisher's getting one for his elbow..why isn't Kobe?

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
It's quite clear that NBA fans have become pussies when shit like this generates this much discussion. This is and should be a non-issue.

Allanon
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Throat..chest..doesn't matter..elbow's an elbow...supposed to mean a suspension...Fisher's getting one for his elbow..why isn't Kobe?

Nah, elbow to the chest happens often, you just don't hear about it unless a player makes a big deal out of.

To get a suspension, the elbow has to be above the shoulders.

Rule 12, Part A, Section 5-Q of the official NBA rulebook cites: "Elbow fouls which make contact above shoulder level, and punching fouls, although recorded as both personal and team fouls, are unsportsmanlike acts. The player will be ejected immediately."

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Nah, elbow to the chest happens often, you just don't hear about it unless a player makes a big deal out of.

To get a suspension, the elbow has to be above the shoulders.
My mistake...gif still looks to the neck to me though.

Holmes_Fans
05-07-2009, 05:22 PM

This

NOT this

Allanon
05-07-2009, 05:23 PM
My mistake...gif still looks to the neck to me though.

All good, I know you're just trying to be objective.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
All good, I know you're just trying to be objective.
I try to be...it's hard, since I really don't like the Lakers..lol..but I try to be. I actually was rooting for the Lakers in this series at first..but after Fisher's elbow, and Kobe's...kinda changed my mind a bit.

LnGrrrR
05-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I've deliberately not said anything about this since I hadn't seen the footage. (Work blocks everything :D)

However, seeing the video, and the gif, gotta say it looks like he hit him in the clavicle area more than the throat.

TheMACHINE
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM

cuz Fisher didnt throw an elbow..damn you guys are retards. Making shit up. lol

Indazone
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Just fine Kobe 25K and move on. The elbow was thrown yes. Was it high enough? No. If it were 4 inches higher and hit him in the head, throw the bum out.

angelbelow
05-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Just fine Kobe 25K and move on. The elbow was thrown yes. Was it high enough? No. If it were 4 inches higher and hit him in the head, throw the bum out.

yea, if kenyons fined 25k for that shove all of these plays should result in fines too. but kobe should not be suspended, that would be retarded

KSeal
05-07-2009, 05:59 PM
It's quite clear that NBA fans have become pussies when shit like this generates this much discussion. This is and should be a non-issue.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
cuz Fisher didnt throw an elbow..damn you guys are retards. Making shit up. lol
Dude..did you fucking miss the game?

sy8UEuiuHtA
You are SUCH a fucking idiot....

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Allanon
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
just fine kobe 25k and move on. The elbow was thrown yes. Was it high enough? No. If it were 4 inches higher and hit him in the head, throw the bum out.

+1

Ninja
05-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Looks like he hits him right on the collarbone right along the shoulder line. Maybe that will give the league enough of an excuse to not suspend Kobe, but it shouldn't make any difference. An elbow above the shoulder is an automatic suspension. That doesn't mean nothing else warrants one.

The problem isn't the location of the elbow. The problem is that it is 1. intentional and 2. an unnatural basketball move. Does anyone really think that was a) a natural basketball move or b) unintentional? Really?

DaDakota
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I hope someone undercuts kobe ..."On accident"....

Karma is a nasty thing.

DD

LakerHater
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Section V—Conduct:

k. A technical foul, unsportsmanlike act or flagrant foul must be called for a participant
to be ejected. A player, coach or trainer may be ejected for:
(1) An elbow foul which makes contact shoulder level or below

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Dude..did you fucking miss the game?

sy8UEuiuHtA
You are SUCH a fucking idiot....

:lmao:lmao:lmao

I still dont see an elbow thrown directly at Scola.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
But nice flop from Scola.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I still dont see an elbow thrown directly at Scola.
Dude...seriously...what the hell? I know you're a pretty objective dude..you're not a homer...look..

JFtG3PUsysU

He even leaves his elbow out..come on.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I know that was pretty fucked up by Fisher. And yes fisher leaves the elbow out but his elbow never makes contact with Scola. It was his head.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I know that was pretty fucked up by Fisher. And yes fisher leaves the elbow out but his elbow never makes contact with Scola. It was his head.
Yes...his head makes contact with his head..but at the same time, his elbow makes contact with his chest.

cobbler
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM

A voice of reason! :toast

cobbler
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Dude...seriously...what the hell? I know you're a pretty objective dude..you're not a homer...look..

JFtG3PUsysU

He even leaves his elbow out..come on.

What is your problem....he didnt throw an elbow. It was a hockey check. You should get to the eye doc soon.

Cry Havoc
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM

This coming from the guy who routinely is called an asshole/loser/idiot by the other Laker faithful on this board.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes...his head makes contact with his head..but at the same time, his elbow makes contact with his chest.

I think this is really throwing an elbow at someone.
RoLevyJKIIs
Can't compare Kobe's and Fisher's To Dwight's

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I think this is really throwing an elbow at someone.
RoLevyJKIIs
Can't compare Kobe's and Fisher's To Dwight's
I can compare what Fisher did to this...even though it wasn't to his head...but I agree Kobe's wasn't that vicious.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
What is your problem....he didnt throw an elbow. It was a hockey check. You should get to the eye doc soon.
LOL...Horry was suspended 2 games for a "hockey check" that wasn't even this hard...but there is an elbow..if you can't see that...you're blind as a fucking bat.

Fabbs
05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
MiamiHeat,
Is there a way to get a shot about a quarter second after this?
So we can see exactly where Kobme did/did not make contact?

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 07:10 PM
MiamiHeat,
Is there a way to get a shot about a quarter second after this?
So we can see exactly where Kobme did/did not make contact?
Look on the first page of this thread...there's a gif.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I can compare what Fisher did to this...even though it wasn't to his head...but I agree Kobe's wasn't that vicious.

Well maybe Fisher's intentions were the same of Howard's. End thread. Im tired of this whinning and crying.

Banzai
05-07-2009, 07:34 PM

true.

LakerHater
05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I can really care less where he hit'em, throat, chest or neck!!!
The fact remains that he threw it, he shoulda been T'd up... refs fucked up on that call!!

Ninja
05-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to say that was either unintentional or a natural basketball move.

Fabbs
05-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Look on the first page of this thread...there's a gif.
Yes but it moves at the speed of dark.
Plus one can't stop it and freeze frame, or can they.

You got the tech skillz, i dont.

Fabbs
05-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to say that was either unintentional or a natural basketball move.
:lol:lol

That and all the Laker Wussies who try and act like "I've never bitched about a call, I've never complained about the refs." Duh dipsticks, you've never had to. :lol:downspin:

RsxPiimp
05-07-2009, 08:13 PM
nothing would make me happy than seing kobe suspended and the fakers losing in the second round, but this was no elbow in the neck. it hit artests in his collarbone, upper chest.

The Third Man
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
I am not worried about the elbow, or anything Derek "If I were a racehorse, I would be at the glue factory" Fisher does. The Lakers have been called pussies since they laid down so disgracefully in the finals last year, so they are a bit sensitive. Their manhood got threatened again and they did as expected. They didn't *play* tough (nice collapse in the second quarter, bitches), so they had to send out a has been guard to throw an elbow in the third quarter to "send a message." At home. To a fifth seed. I had the Lakers as the favorites to win it all, but I don't see it now.

DrHouse
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
People are mad at the Lakers for doing exactly what they criticized them for NOT doing last season.

Spursfan092120
05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
People are mad at the Lakers for doing exactly what they criticized them for NOT doing last season.
You mean like you do with the Spurs?
"The Spurs are dirty" "The Spurs are soft."

jbspurs
05-08-2009, 01:00 AM

Does it matter where the elbow landed? Would it be unintentional if elbow landed on the chest and not on the neck area? I think the question should be intentional or unintentional?. IMHO, Kobe should be suspended, it's clear that his intention was to hurt Ron Artest.

Ninja
05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/753/elbowdesktop.gif

Anyone still think that was either a) unintentional or b) a natural basketball move?

icem
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM

:rollin

DrHouse
05-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Does it matter where the elbow landed? Would it be unintentional if elbow landed on the chest and not on the neck area? I think the question should be intentional or unintentional?. IMHO, Kobe should be suspended, it's clear that his intention was to hurt Ron Artest.

Elbows are thrown all the time in the paint. It's one thing if you're throwing elbows at the top of the key or somewhere in halfcourt. But when you're under the basket fighting for position to get a rebound it's pretty much a brawl and everyone knows that.

This is the motherfucking playoffs. Man up or go home bitches.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2009, 01:43 AM

No, an elbow isn't supposed to be automatic suspension. An intentional blow about the shoulders should be. But he elbowed him in the upper chest. *shrug* If he was suspended that would be laughable.

holcs50
05-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Suspensions went down how they should of. Kobe should've been called a tech in game though-or I guess the flagrant 1 they gave him, he obviously knew artest was on him and threw a bow, but kobe's smart and the way he did it could've been seen to the typical eye as a basketball play.

Fisher's wasn't a head or elbow check, it was a full on shoulder check. Similar to a linebacker hit, he saw scola coming up, and instead of trying to avoid the the screen, lowered his should and completely put it straight into scola....the intentions were obvious to anyone who had a damn tv. That's why he got a game, and kobe didn't.

Done and done, next game though should be fun! I mean action like this makes it all the more fun for fans of teams that are already out...cuz normally i would just prob check a box score and say "shit, lakes won", now I'm actually going to watch.

Ninja
05-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Elbows are thrown all the time in the paint. It's one thing if you're throwing elbows at the top of the key or somewhere in halfcourt. But when you're under the basket fighting for position to get a rebound it's pretty much a brawl and everyone knows that.

So you're saying that was a natural basketball move? :wakeup

v2freak
05-08-2009, 03:51 AM
Looks to be around the clavicle to me.

Ninja
05-08-2009, 04:22 AM
That was a brutal foul.
Lakers fans keep saying fouls happen in basketball, this is the playoffs, blah blah blah. They are implying Kobe's elbow was a natural basketball move, but they won't actually come right out and say it.

Ninja
05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Still waiting...

Randy
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
they are implying kobe's elbow was a natural basketball move, but they won't actually come right out and say it.
pow!

Ninja
05-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Natural basketball move or not? Intentional or not? The answer to both questions couldn't be more obvious.

YellowFever
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
...and of course nobody even mentioned the fact that Artest had HIS elbow pressed upon the back of kobe's neck at the start of that gif.

Take off the homer/hate glasses, people...it's blinding you.

LakerHater
05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
...and of course nobody even mentioned the fact that Artest had HIS elbow pressed upon the back of kobe's neck at the start of that gif.

Take off the homer/hate glasses, people...it's blinding you.

They Did!!
If you've played ball you'd know that is a natural basketball position since, Kobe is trying to block out but, Ron is too strong as you can see in these GIFs he moves Kobe easily!!!

JamStone
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
That doesn't justify an intentional elbow by Kobe. You can argue Artest still deserved a foul there, but that doesn't excuse Kobe from his flagrant.

cobbler
05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Lakers fans keep saying fouls happen in basketball, this is the playoffs, blah blah blah. They are implying Kobe's elbow was a natural basketball move, but they won't actually come right out and say it.

Ill say it, Throwing an elbow back at the guy draped all over your back, the very same guy that 2 seconds earlier had his forearm and "ELBOW" in the back of your neck and side of your head IS A NATURAL BASKETBALL MOVE while jostling for position in the paint.

Enough already... what a buch of sissy little pussies!

cobbler
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL...Horry was suspended 2 games for a "hockey check" that wasn't even this hard...but there is an elbow..if you can't see that...you're blind as a fucking bat.

Horry shouldnt have been. One game Max. Nash overplayed it and was the darling MVP boy at the time. Not to mention that because Amare and Diaw got suspended they felt the need to even it out some.

If you think Fishers check was hard enough to throw Scola back with the force that it did then you are a moron. Scola played it up and everyone knows it. A truck wouldnt have sent Scola flying through the air like that. Wake up!

The was no elbow on Fishers part. Enough already. I will no longer reply to your ignorant and moronic posts that have no basis in reality.

Watch the flippin replays pussy!

mavs>spurs2
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Horry shouldnt have been. One game Max. Nash overplayed it and was the darling MVP boy at the time. Not to mention that because Amare and Diaw got suspended they felt the need to even it out some.

If you think Fishers check was hard enough to throw Scola back with the force that it did then you are a moron. Scola played it up and everyone knows it. A truck wouldnt have sent Scola flying through the air like that. Wake up!

The was no elbow on Fishers part. Enough already. I will no longer reply to your ignorant and moronic posts that have no basis in reality.

Watch the flippin replays pussy!

Lol @ you always calling everyone a pussy like you're some big hardass. Fisher did a bitch move. I'm not sure if Scola flopped or not, he doesn't strike me as a strong dude, so he could have easily gotten laid out. Who cares, the one game suspension was appropriate, it's not like you guys need him defending Brookes anyway. Brown is a much better option for this series.

cobbler
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Lol @ you always calling everyone a pussy like you're some big hardass. Fisher did a bitch move. I'm not sure if Scola flopped or not, he doesn't strike me as a strong dude, so he could have easily gotten laid out. Who cares, the one game suspension was appropriate, it's not like you guys need him defending Brookes anyway. Brown is a much better option for this series.

I never said he didnt deserve a suspension. It was a hard foul and Fish premeditated it and lined him up. I have no problem with the 1 game suspension. I have issues with guys saying it was so much more. That there should be multiple games. That Fish meant to harm and actually threw an ELBOW which he cleary DID NOT. Come on.

And I am calling several posters pussies... because they are. They post over and over about elbows and such that just NEVER happened no matter how clear it is on tape. It has nothing to do with me being a hard ass or not.

The game has gotten so soft with all these flagrants its absurd. If a guy goes to the rim and get hit its a foul. He goes to the rim out of control and lands awkward... its a flagrant. Total absurdity and I believe personally a lot of it can be attributed to attitude and acting. In past decades if a player picked you hard you stood your ground and would never consider hitting the floor. You wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing they got the best of you. If they actually hit the floor you knew it was a good shot and even then they would jump back up and get in the opponents face. Men were men. That's why I love hockey.

Now, they fly 10 feet backas if they got bulldozed by a car and hit the floor all contorted. They lay there in supposed agony only to pop up when its called and suddenly be ok to take the free throws. It's tainted the game and made the job of the official even more difficult than it is. The flopping in basketball is out of control and ruining the game.

And hardass or not, all these posts condemning physical plays in a contact sport as if they are criminal assults or intent to injure are "pussy" comments. I'm willing to bet the majority of them come from guys who have never played a sport at any high level ever in thier lives.

Should be a good game 3... and I am actually glad Fish is sitting as i want to see Shannon get more time. Regardless, there was no elbow or intent to injure. Simple as that...

mavs>spurs2
05-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I never said he didnt deserve a suspension. It was a hard foul and Fish premeditated it and lined him up. I have no problem with the 1 game suspension. I have issues with guys saying it was so much more. That there should be multiple games. That Fish meant to harm and actually threw an ELBOW which he cleary DID NOT. Come on.

And I am calling several posters pussies... because they are. They post over and over about elbows and such that just NEVER happened no matter how clear it is on tape. It has nothing to do with me being a hard ass or not.

The game has gotten so soft with all these flagrants its absurd. If a guy goes to the rim and get hit its a foul. He goes to the rim out of control and lands awkward... its a flagrant. Total absurdity and I believe personally a lot of it can be attributed to attitude and acting. In past decades if a player picked you hard you stood your ground and would never consider hitting the floor. You wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing they got the best of you. If they actually hit the floor you knew it was a good shot and even then they would jump back up and get in the opponents face. Men were men. That's why I love hockey.

Now, they fly 10 feet backas if they got bulldozed by a car and hit the floor all contorted. They lay there in supposed agony only to pop up when its called and suddenly be ok to take the free throws. It's tainted the game and made the job of the official even more difficult than it is. The flopping in basketball is out of control and ruining the game.

And hardass or not, all these posts condemning physical plays in a contact sport as if they are criminal assults or intent to injure are "pussy" comments. I'm willing to bet the majority of them come from guys who have never played a sport at any high level ever in thier lives.

Should be a good game 3... and I am actually glad Fish is sitting as i want to see Shannon get more time. Regardless, there was no elbow or intent to injure. Simple as that...

That's pretty much what I've been saying all this time. I'm just ready to watch a damn good game and hoping the game is called fairly.

cobbler
05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
That's pretty much what I've been saying all this time. I'm just ready to watch a damn good game and hoping the game is called fairly.

:toast