05-07-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_lamar_odom.jpg

Lamar Odom | F
Born: Nov 6, 1979
Height: 6-10 / 2,08
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: Rhode Island
Years Pro: 9

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lamar_odom/index.html)

-----------------------------

He's almost old enough to be a Spur right?

if we want to try one more year with the current squad, his versatility could be of use to us.

of course I base this on the assumption that he won't be commanding much more than the MLE, that could be an inaccurate assumption

buttsR4rebounding
05-08-2009, 04:04 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_lamar_odom.jpg

Lamar Odom | F
Born: Nov 6, 1979
Height: 6-10 / 2,08
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: Rhode Island
Years Pro: 9

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lamar_odom/index.html)

-----------------------------

He's almost old enough to be a Spur right?

if we want to try one more year with the current squad, his versatility could be of use to us.

of course I base this on the assumption that he won't be commanding much more than the MLE, that could be an inaccurate assumption

The Lakers dumped salary this year so they could re-sign him. He's not going anywhere.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-08-2009, 05:39 AM
He's unlikely to move, but I think he'd be a fantastic Spur if we could dump some salary somehow and make a run at him. Guy can do everything on the court and would be a perfect foil to TD. We'd also be able to throw him at athletic PFs, guys who give us fits like Dirk and David West.

Odom is one of my favourite non-Spurs of the last decade.

Manufan909
05-08-2009, 04:50 PM
He's unlikely to move, but I think he'd be a fantastic Spur if we could dump some salary somehow and make a run at him. Guy can do everything on the court and would be a perfect foil to TD. We'd also be able to throw him at athletic PFs, guys who give us fits like Dirk and David West.

I also think he'd make a great Spur. Hope LAL can't keep him AND Ariza. I'd prefer Ariza though. Odom definitely has 3 near prime years left, and I bet the Spurs wouldn't be looking for a long-term deal anyways. Is he supposedly cool with any Spurs players, or on the other hand, have beef with anyone?

Libri
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Odom is making over $14 million. How much of a pay cut is he willing to take?

05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
um odom is bailing out on the lakers for sure. unless the lakers find someway to move bynum's contract or seriously lowball odom, there is no way he's staying. he can easily pick up a $9-10 million contract on the FA market even with this bad economy. he's in his prime, versatile, a rebounding machine, actually plays pretty good defense, and can score in many ways inside the arch by either overpowering small forwards or beating PFs with his speed and handling. he's just not coming to the spurs.

lefty
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Spurs need good lefties to win

Drob

Manu

Odom

Lefty

Spur-Addict
05-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Spurs need good lefties to win

Drob

Manu

Odom

Lefty

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

lefty
05-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Well, if Bonner, JV and Finley (ok, they are not left handed) can get some minutes in San Antonio, so can I

completely deck
05-09-2009, 08:52 AM
it think you have to be in shape to play in the nba

exstatic
05-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Two words always come to mind when I think of Odom: talented, unmotivated

He went to the Finals last year, yet he bitches when they want to play him at PF, he bitches when they want to bring him off the bench. Add one more word: bitch

lefty
05-09-2009, 12:19 PM
it think you have to be in shape to play in the nba
:depressed

angelbelow
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
hes high.

ducks
05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
he has to start
might be motivated for a year
would be motivated if he faced lakers in the playoffs

can hit the three

Chieflion
05-10-2009, 12:44 AM
he has to start
might be motivated for a year
would be motivated if he faced lakers in the playoffs

can hit the three
Look what the Lakers did while bringing him off the bench. Versatility, scoring, passing, a do-it-all set the tempo man.

exstatic
05-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Look what the Lakers did while bringing him off the bench. Versatility, scoring, passing, a do-it-all set the tempo man.

He was also unhappy in that role. Some of these guys just aren't smart enough to connect the dots: in the long run, what's good for the team success is good for you.

Mark in Austin
05-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Odom & Marion are both unbelieveable talents with personality flaws so severe they outweigh all the benefits they would bring.

If either one of them approached the Spurs motivated to play Spurs ball, then it might be worth the risk. I find it hard to believe either one would accept the MLE without resentment, if at all.

Ditty
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
would be nice but ariza > odom

lefty
05-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Odom has an incredible versatility, but he doesn't show up every night

But even with that, he would still improve our team

Manufan909
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
would be nice but ariza > odom

Maybe in 2010-2011, but not now.

spursfan1000
05-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I doubt he would leave Lakers for the old Spurs.

Manufan909
05-13-2009, 12:41 AM
I doubt he would leave Lakers for the old Spurs.

If any 3 of Gist, Bourasis, Hairston, and Williams makes the roster, combined with Ian and Hill, and subtracting Fab, JV, and Ime(hopefully Fin and Bonner too), the old Spurs will suddenly be in the middle of the pack agewise, not oldest like it's been for too many years now.

exstatic
05-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Odom & Marion are both unbelieveable talents with personality flaws so severe they outweigh all the benefits they would bring.

If either one of them approached the Spurs motivated to play Spurs ball, then it might be worth the risk. I find it hard to believe either one would accept the MLE without resentment, if at all.

To me, Marion isn't even in the same category as Odom, other than having personality flaws. Marion is a marvelous athletic specimen with a limited tool box. He rebounds, he shoots the standstill 3, and he runs out on the break. Odom does everything with the basketball. If he burned for the game like Tim does, he'd have been Magic Johnson. Instead, he's pretty much a paycheck player.

phxspurfan
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
There is zero chance the Lakers let the Spurs get him.

Mark in Austin
06-13-2009, 10:52 AM
With the Lakers at 74 million in salary next year before Odom or Ariza, it will be interesting to see just how deep they will be willing to go into lux tax territory. Ariza has to be the priority, but signing both will likely push them up to 90+ million in total salary.

Still, even if the Lakers do lowball him, given his recent beach comments I think he's more likely to take the MLE in Miami or stay in LA than consider SA.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Odom would actually be one of the best fits next to Duncan in the NBA IMO..he can stretch the floor, he can play inside, he plays solid defense, he's a good passer, he's tough..Pop would love him..

I don't think he'll be a Laker next year, but we wouldn't be able to afford him anyways..

Blackjack
06-15-2009, 12:29 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=odomariza-090613

The reality is a team that is looking to spend money could use the midlevel exception of approximately $5.6 million in starting annual salary to make an offer to Ariza, although folks in the league expect the Lakers to retain him. Meanwhile, a Western Conference executive believes "if you're in position to use the full midlevel for a couple of years, you'll get [Odom]."

If that's true, the Spurs better be on the phone with Odom a.s.a.p.

I've already seen how well Odom plays off of Tim in '04 and if you can acquire a guy of Odom's talent for nothing more than the MLE, while also weakening your stiffest competition in the process?

Well, it's probably too good to be true.

But, damn...

mountainballer
06-15-2009, 03:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=odomariza-090613

I've already seen how well Odom plays off of Tim in '04 and if you can acquire a guy of Odom's talent for nothing more than the MLE, while also weakening your stiffest competition in the process?

But, damn...

if he really signs for the MLE, this would be a no brainer. but I don't buy what this executive claims. Lakers wouldn't also give him the MLE? common, he was the 3rd best player on the team that just won the title. other than last year he also didn't choke in the POs. I can see that the Lakers no longer want him to pay more than 10 million per (he got 14 this season), but a bit more than the MLE seems absolutely appropriate. and Kobe and he seems to have a good chemistry lately. Kobe will want Odom re signed and Odom won't want to leave. I bet the end of the day he re signs for something like 3 years and 25-30 million.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-15-2009, 07:44 AM

But, damn...

It's nice to dream... :wakeup

if he really signs for the MLE, this would be a no brainer. but I don't buy what this executive claims. Lakers wouldn't also give him the MLE? common, he was the 3rd best player on the team that just won the title. other than last year he also didn't choke in the POs. I can see that the Lakers no longer want him to pay more than 10 million per (he got 14 this season), but a bit more than the MLE seems absolutely appropriate. and Kobe and he seems to have a good chemistry lately. Kobe will want Odom re signed and Odom won't want to leave. I bet the end of the day he re signs for something like 3 years and 25-30 million.

I bet he goes elsewhere for 23-35mil. This is his last big contract, and he has been the best guy on bad teams before and seemingly not hated it. I actually hope he's not that kind of guy and instead decides to take a discount to play for trophies - with us would be lovely, but highly unlikely - so it's not inconceivable that he stays with the Lakers for 25mil/3yrs or somesuch. Odom's not your average NBA player, so it's hard to tell whether he's motivated by money or winning at this stage in his career.

mountainballer
06-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Odom's not your average NBA player, so it's hard to tell whether he's motivated by money or winning at this stage in his career.

it looked a lot as if he enjoyed last night.
he has already collected more than 80 million in his career, so I guess he will go for some more success. and he wouldn't need to play for totally free.

loveforthegame
06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I think he takes the pay cut and stays with LA.

Mel_13
06-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I think he takes the pay cut and stays with LA.

Or goes back to Riley in Miami or back home to NY. I can't see him living in any other NBA city. Look at the teams with cap space. Odom doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would choose to go to Detroit, OKC, or Memphis.

If somebody gets him for the MLE, they are getting a bargain. If it doesn't work with the Lakers, I could see him taking a one-year deal and trying again next summer when many more teams, including Miami and NY, will have cap space.

Blackjack
06-15-2009, 12:14 PM
It's nice to dream... :wakeup

Where in that post do you see me dreaming?

A "Western Conference executive" was reported as saying he felt a MLE offer was enough to land Odom, so I deemed it newsworthy.

I don't think it's all that likely or realistic, and this executive could've just meant that it will only take the MLE to pry him away from the Lakers because of their cap situation.

I'm not sure if you were trying to come off as a condesending d-bag (because that's the way it came off) but I'd caution you on how you choose your words/emoticons.:toast

If somebody gets him for the MLE, they are getting a bargain. If it doesn't work with the Lakers, I could see him taking a one-year deal and trying again next summer when many more teams, including Miami and NY, will have cap space.

:tu

Blackjack
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/26986/NBA-Insider-Chad-Ford

Michael (LA)

Are the Lakers going to keep both Odom and Ariza? If not, which teams do you think are most interested in them?

Chad Ford

I don't know how they can. From what my sources are telling me, they are absolutely keeping Trevor Ariza. I think Odom will come down to what he's looking at as far as amount and length of contract. Lots of teams would be interest in Ariza including the Blazers and Pistons ... two teams with cap room. I think Odom may have to do the midlevel thing unless the Pistons come through with more money. There just aren't a lot of teams with lots of cap room this year.

Mr. Body
06-17-2009, 01:14 PM
God, if that's all it takes... grab him.

benefactor
06-17-2009, 05:05 PM
If it doesn't work with the Lakers, I could see him taking a one-year deal and trying again next summer when many more teams, including Miami and NY, will have cap space.
There is almost no doubt in my mind he will do this. There is zero benefit in him signing any sort of multiple year deal this offseason with all the cash that is going to be on the table in 2010. When all the big names are signed, he will probably find a team that got left out in the cold to make him a nice offer.....

.......like us perhaps? :downspin:

Mr. Body
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
He'll do a one-year deal with LA to try to repeat, then get money the next summer.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Where in that post do you see me dreaming?

A "Western Conference executive" was reported as saying he felt a MLE offer was enough to land Odom, so I deemed it newsworthy.

I don't think it's all that likely or realistic, and this executive could've just meant that it will only take the MLE to pry him away from the Lakers because of their cap situation.

I'm not sure if you were trying to come off as a condesending d-bag (because that's the way it came off) but I'd caution you on how you choose your words/emoticons.:toast
:tu

Getting a bit wound up, are we? I didn't say it wasn't newsworthy, or anything else, I intimated that it is highly unlikely that he'd come to the Spurs for the MLE. If I was trying to be condescending it would have been a :rolleyes

:lol

You're dreaming because there is very little logic behind the idea that Odom would take the MLE to come to the Spurs. If he's willing to take the MLE, wouldn't he just stay with the Lakers? And, yes, I am aware that they have to resign both Odom and Ariza, but they always seem to find a way to do these things. They can dump salary and picks and money to clear the space for both if Odom will take a small cheque.

As I've already said, I'd love to see Odom as a Spur, and sure, if he'd come here for the MLE that would be an incredible coup, but it seems highly unlikely to me. He either:
a) takes a big paycut to stay with the Lakers if they can find a way to also keep Ariza,
b) gets 8-10mil/yr over 3 years to stay a Laker because they lost Ariza, or
c) takes 8-12mil/yr from a losing team to become their number one or two guy.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15920813?source=rss_blogs_NBA

Despite reports that the Trail Blazers were preparing to make a major bid for Knicks restricted free agent David Lee, a coaching source familiar with the situation said Portland is more interested in the Lakers' Lamar Odom. And the source described the Odom situation with Portland as "lukewarm." The Blazers and Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, discussed the situation early in the negotiating period, but Portland was preoccupied at that time with its pursuit of Hedo Turkoglu. Now that Turkoglu has spurned the Blazers and committed to the Raptors, Portland is deliberating what to do with its $9 million in cap space. The Blazers have been exploring point-guard options for some time, but the coaching source said Sixers free agent Andre Miller isn't the answer because of his sub-part shooting ability.

Mr. Body
07-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Lakers should match. I see Odom staying for less, anyway.

venitian navigator
07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd love to have Odom in our team, but the Portland's chances are a lot more...and nine millions will be hard to match also for the deep pockets of Buss (simply 'cause for him means 18 millions....counting the lux tax).
As for the team, also if I don't like too much Portland (they were nice before the Pritchard era, after they seem to just look against us for stealing all of our goals, see Batum Nicolas) I have to say that the Odom stuff for them looks both like a very smart and good thing to do.
Smart because doing so they actually weaken one of their best rival in the west (Lakers), good because the Odom acquisition gives them a fair advantage in the friont court line up agaist all the other teams in terms of height and strongness of the front line, without limiting their speedness (Line up : Odom, Alridge, Oden/Przybilla instead of Batum, Alridge and Oden/Przybilla).
And one last thing : this will be the last chance for Portland to add to the team via cap space a good player (next year they will be forced to pay their actual young players).

mosdef17
07-07-2009, 10:08 AM
strongness of the front line, without limiting their speedness

You mean strength and speed? :toast

Obstructed_View
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I like Odom for his tallness and his speedness, but he's got too much dumbness for me, and some not-consistentness.

benefactor
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15932169

There has been no movement in contract negotiations between the Lakers and Lamar Odom, according to the Los Angeles Times. So far, L.A. is balking at Odom's request for $10 million a year. Asked if Odom would return for a shot at a second consecutive title, Kobe Bryant said at his annual basketball camp, "He better be."

Mr. Body
07-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Hmm... wonder if Odom would go to Portland for $9mil. He's a good pick for them, since they need another offensive facilitator. He could move to the money if LAL is too cheap to pony up.

At the least Pritchard should offer it to him to totally screw with his southern neighbors.

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Odom with the Blazers is almost as scary as Odom with the Lakers.

kbrury
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM

I think we will be fine against them, if they still don't resolve their PG issues.

scottspurs
07-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I think we will be fine against them, if they still don't resolve their PG issues.

Yeah, if they don't resolve their PG problem Tony Parker will eat their lunch.

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Didn't we struggle against Portland last year?

scottspurs
07-07-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60390/20090707/lakers_odom_far_apart_in_negotiations/#

I didn't know if this was posted on here yet, but it sounds like the Lakers and Odom are far apart. If they lose him they WILL NOT REPEAT. The spurs will be the for sure top dog in the west.

Muser
07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Didn't we struggle against Portland last year?

They where one of our bogey teams, much like OKC.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Maybe Odom will get mad enough at the Lakers prioritizing Artest over him to take the MLE from San Antonio. Ok, maybe not.

But it's not like we haven't acquired a former Lakers forward before.

tp2021
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Odom for the MLE is unimaginable to me. But I would shit bricks if it happened.

vander
07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Odom should go back to the clips to exact revenge on the Lakers, if motivated he can still be a much better player then he has ever been, him and a healthy Davis and that Griffin kid could make a push for best team in LA.

venitian navigator
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
You mean strength and speed? :toast

Yes, sorry for my bad english/american...good to improve your language via forum!

Spursmania
07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes, sorry for my bad english/american...good to improve your language via forum!

Just don't take lessons from KBP.:toast

z0sa
07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Odom can sign a one year deal and reevaluate his worth in 2010, no? If so, I highly doubt he's going anywhere unless Portland scoops him up.

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Odom can sign a one year deal and reevaluate his worth in 2010, no? If so, I highly doubt he's going anywhere unless Portland scoops him up.

Yes he can, and the Lakers reportedly offered him a $7.5M one year deal as a compromise to his $10M long-term request. He's not going anywhere for the MLE, even on a one year deal. I'm with you in that this is basically a 2 horse race (Lakers, Portland).

z0sa
07-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes he can, and the Lakers reportedly offered him a $7.5M one year deal as a compromise to his $10M long-term request. He's not going anywhere for the MLE, even on a one year deal. I'm with you in that this is basically a 2 horse race (Lakers, Portland).

Agreed. I predict he will accept such an offer from the Lakers if Portland can't give him the $/yrs he could acquire from a Bosh/LeBron/etc Sweepstakes-loser in 2010. Additionally, LA has multiple expirings next season. If both he and the Lakers FO are truly keen on Laker for Life status, it requires only a marginal paycut this season.

Obstructed_View
07-07-2009, 04:12 PM

Odom when he's on his game is scary anywhere he is, but he's not there very often.

poeticism707
07-07-2009, 04:38 PM

Agreed! Odom signs with the Blazers 4 years, 43m!

Then Phil Jackson quits because he cannot be expected to coach a team where he does not have a MONSTER mismatch at EVERY position, INCLUDING THE BENCH.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Odom is going to LA, it's pretty much a 100%..he's pretty much going to use Portland for more money, it's pretty obvious..

poeticism707
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Odom is going to LA, it's pretty much a 100%..he's pretty much going to use Portland for more money, it's pretty obvious..

Yeah, you're right: but if he did leave, Laker fans around the world would have to be rushed to to the Hospital for hyper-ventilation.:lol

Those poor people!

50 cent
07-07-2009, 11:57 PM
The lux tax threshold coming a little bit lower makes it all the rougher on the Lakers.

Is Buss willing to spend $105-108M on this team?

FvckMavs
07-08-2009, 01:01 AM
With salary cap one million less than last year, the Blazers need to clear more room if they really want to pursue Odom. I am wondering if they are willing to trade Batum for M.Williams + Pick.

poeticism707
07-08-2009, 03:01 AM
The lux tax threshold coming a little bit lower makes it all the rougher on the Lakers.

Is Buss willing to spend $105-108M on this team?

The Lakers won't win the title without Odom.

Being that it's only for 1 year, as the Lakers have salary coming off the books next summer, unfortunately I think so.

But, I hope Buss doesn't!

Chillen
07-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Invite him and have Willy Wonka greet him at the airport, offer the MLE with a complete house full of candy and a life supply of honey buns and life savers and the Spurs will get him signed. jk.

poeticism707
07-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Inivte him and have Willy Wonka greet him at the airport, offer the MLE with a complete house full of candy and a life supply of honey buns and life savers and the Spurs will get him signed. jk.
:rollin:rollin:rollin

WELCOME TO CANDYLAND,

CANDY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharpshooter
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Just heard on espn first take that the spurs is a darkhorse team that is interested in Odom if they can clear up some cap space. I think getting Odom is a great idea for the spurs because it kills two bird with one stone, first it would solve the lack of big men situation and it would also weaken the mighty Lakers.

Russ
07-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Just heard on espn first take that the spurs is a darkhorse team that is interested in Odom if they can clear up some cap space. I think getting Odom is a great idea for the spurs because it kills two bird with one stone, first it would solve the lack of big men situation and it would also weaken the mighty Lakers.

That was Chris Mannix on ESPN's "First Take" (aka "The Skip Bayless Show"). Apparently, Chris is a Sports Illustrated writer for what it's worth.

urunobili
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Odom would be the perfect case scenario...

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think people in the media understand that we CAN'T get Odom..it won't work..why would the front office risk making space for him?..there isn't a good chance of him coming here to risk moving players for financial space to sign Odom..

Of course we are "interested" in Odom, he's a good player..everybody is interested in him..

It's LA or a little chance of Portland..the media is just trying to generate hype from nothing..

picnroll
07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
That was Chris Mannix on ESPN's "First Take" (aka "The Skip Bayless Show"). Apparently, Chris is a Sports Illustrated writer for what it's worth.

Mannix's source, his dog.

On a brighter note, given the 2010-2011 salary cap projections, signing Artest, Brown and Odom will cost Buss about $45-50 million just in luxury tax in 2010-2011.

Buss might just forgoe Odom and tell Kobe, "Sorry you're going to have to somewhat prove you can carry a team like the real superstars do."

Kindergarten Cop
07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
It has already been stated that after taking on RJ's contract, it is impossible to "clear enough room" to offer Odom more than the MLE without basically giving away Manu and then some. If Odom is coming to San Antonio it would have to be for a sign and trade (which has a 0% chance of happening) or him accepting the MLE (which has a 0.0000000001% chance of happening).

Blackjack
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
The State of Lamar Odom

July 14, 2009 10:58 AM

After winning the title and heading into the off-season on a high, the Lakers had some free agents to worry about, most notably Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom.

The negotiations with Ariza stalled a bit and boom ... the Lakers went in another direction, bringing in Ron Artest instead.

Odom -- a favorite Laker, with abundant skill and size -- has now reached the point where his own contract negotiations have reached a sticking point.

A bit of a nervous time for Laker fans and Odom alike.

The L.A. Times' Broderick Turner reports:

Lakers owner Jerry Buss, who improved on his offer of $8 million a season to Odom, is getting frustrated and is thinking about pulling the deal off the table soon.

Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak talked at halftime of a game between the Lakers and Clippers on Monday in Las Vegas at the summer league, saying that the talks with Odom left him "not as hopeful as I was on Friday."

When asked why, Kupchak said, "Just a feeling you get."

"Right now, I'm not sure we're on the same page."

Kupchak added that it might be nearing time to give up on the talks, and Odom was coy about whether or not he had an offer from the Miami Heat. (Odom played well for the Heat in the 2003-2004 season, before being shipped to Los Angeles as part of the Shaquille O'Neal trade.)

Lamar Odom has been keeping nice company as a Laker. But with contract talks stalled, his return to the champions is uncertain.
(Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty Images)
Andrew Kamenetzky of the L.A. Times caught up with Odom, who tried to be somewhat sunny in the videotaped interview, but came off decidedly neutral when asked about the state of negotiations. "It is what it is," he said.

Odom also pointed out that even if you have a great relationship, things can get uncomfortable with anyone when the topic is money. "You can have a brother, a sister, a father, but when you start talking about money, it gets a little ... ehhhh ..."

Odom acknowledges he's in the middle of a balancing act. There's an argument for trying to get the most money possible. "You take a business man, anyone with a business mind, and they want the most money possible," he says. He points out that he's 29, and needs to secure his "legacy as a basketball player, and a business man."

But at the same time, Odom is clear that having a great chance to win a title means a lot, and he articulates a sophisticated bargaining position: "We try to do what's best for both sides, like what's fair. It doesn't happen overnight."

A Fair Price for Lamar Odom
It's very hard to say what any player is worth in this economy. So far there has been no suggestion that the teams with cap space -- Oklahoma City and Portland -- are in pursuit, so on the open market his suitors are the Lakers, who have Odom's "Bird rights" and can pay him any price, or some team's mid-level exception, which starts at a little under $6 million a year.

Reportedly Odom is hoping to get $10 million a season.

There are two players who are worth comparing Odom to.

The first, and most obvious, is Odom himself. Over the last five years he has earned something in the neighborhood of $55 million. Although he's seen as an inconsistent producer from game to game, Odom has been remarkably consistent from season to season. Over the last half-decade:

Odom's PER has moved in a small window from 16.1 to 17.3. Last season it was 16.6.
His true shooting percentage has been between 52 and 58% each of those years.
His total rebounding percentage started the period at 15.9, and after a couple of off-years has been at 15.6 and 15.5 over the last two seasons.
In the 2009 playoffs, Odom was even better. According to Basketball-Reference, he had a PER of 18, a true shooting percentage of 59%, and a total rebounding percentage 16.7%.

Another comparision for Odom, from this summer's free agent market, is Hedo Turkoglu, who was also asking for $10 million a season, and reportedly received slightly more. They're very different small forwards -- Odom moonlights as a power forward, while Turkoglu plays stretches as a point guard -- but similar in that they're borderline stars for a Finals team.

By every measure, except those concerning passing, Odom's numbers look good compared to Turkoglu's. In this year's post-season, for instance, Turkoglu had a PER of 13.2 compared to Odom's 18, a true shooting percentage of 55% compared to Odom's 59%, and a total rebounding percentage of 7.3 which is less than half of Odom's 16.7.

That said, Turkoglu has value in creating shots for teammates. He assists on an estimated 21.6% of his teammates' shots when he's on the floor, compared with Odom's 9.1 rate.

What does it all mean?

The Lakers can make the case that at 29, in a bad economy and alongside Ron Artest, Odom is set to produce less on the basketball court, while the team has less ability to make money off of his efforts. They can also point out that their payroll is massive and in need of restraint. They have surely made the case that barring a big offer from Portland or Oklahoma City, or a sign-and-trade at the Lakers' behest, no one can pay Odom close to what the Lakers are offering.

The Odom camp can argue that $10 million is already a pay cut, the Lakers make more money than most teams, and how much can you ask a player to take a hit when he just won a title playing the best playoff basketball of his career?

So ... what's fair in a case like this? Both sides are right, so it's no wonder both sides sound frustrated. In a good economy, Odom is certainly the kind of player who would get a big contract. If Odom takes significantly less than $10 million from the Lakers, or plays somewhere for the mid-level, I'd take that as a sign that the economy is a factor in 2009 free agency.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-42-70/The-State-of-Lamar-Odom.html

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:42 PM
:lmao
This shouldn't even be on the spurs board, nothing more than a wet dream for the noobie spurs fan. What makes you think
he'll take the MLE if the 8 million that the Lakers are offering, isn't enough?

Blackjack
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
This shouldn't even be on the spurs board, nothing more than a wet dream for the noobie spurs fan. What makes you think
he'll take the MLE if the 8 million that the Lakers are offering, isn't enough?

He doesn't have to sign with the Spurs to effect the Spurs.

There was a point in the offseason where it was speculated by some in the "know" (front office-types) that Odom was going to have to settle for the MLE in this market, but that times surely passed.

That being said, the Lakers losing Odom would have to be to viewed as a Spurs gain.

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
He doesn't have to sign with the Spurs to effect the Spurs.

There was a point in the offseason where it was speculated by some in the "know" (front office-types) that Odom was going to have to settle for the MLE in this market, but that times surely passed.

That being said, the Lakers losing Odom would have to be to viewed as a Spurs gain.

You mean the entire NBA, right? There are other teams that plan on contending for a title. lol

Blackjack
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
You mean the entire NBA, right? There are other teams that plan on contending for a title. lol

Nope.

Just the Spurs.

My basketball comprehension is quite low and I generally talk about the Spurs and how the whole world revolves around them. It's really quite absurd that anyone would think otherwise.

I'll make sure to get your opinion on what does and doesn't effect the Spurs, and what should or shouldn't be posted in the Spurs forum next time.:tu

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I'd expect the Lakers to sign him for a little upwards of $8 million. He has no other real suitors. AFAIK his agent is trying to force a S&T to get to $10m or using that as a thrat to get it from the Lakers.

As for the Lakers, they gotta know he has to be kept. I suspect they know they have the strong hand and will simply wait.

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
It's probably up to the Millsap situation. Odom wants Portland to bid him up. I don't see that happening.

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Hopefully Utah matches Millsap..

I don't think Odom is a great fit for Portland or anything, but I would definitely expect them to go after Odom if the deal with Millsap falls through..Pritchard would definitely do this just to fuck with the Lakers, it's his style..

Ginnoobbllee
07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Kupchak's public comments are just intended posturing for the poker table. Unless Portland gets in the game, nobody is left at the poker game to "raise" the Lakers offer much above the MLE. The Lakers don't have to participate in a sign and trade. Odom's a free agent. He has to call or fold.

His hand is weak, and Kupchak holds the better cards.
:king

Pucho!!!
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
He's got a couple teams vying for his services, particularly the Mavs & the Blazers. If he goes to the Blazers, they're dangerous. If he goes to the mavs that's one offensive powerhouse but a soft defensive lineup on paper.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 11:23 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131294

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2009, 11:33 PM
For once, that fucker Cuban can actually help us by overpaying for bull shit, he better follow through with this odom rumor.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 11:35 PM
For once, that fucker Cuban can actually help us by overpaying for bull shit, he better follow through with this odom rumor.

He can't offer Odom more than the MLE.

4RINGS
07-15-2009, 12:23 AM
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/) Updated: July 15, 2009, 12:46 AM ET

Report: Lakers pull Odom offer

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4328376) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4328376#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4328376&type=story) Share (javascript:void(0);)
ESPN.com news services

Kobe Bryant (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=110) will be back, but two big pieces of the Lakers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal)' championship team likely won't be.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/617.jpg
Odom

The team has pulled its offer to forward Lamar Odom (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=617), the Los Angeles Times reported on Tuesday night. Citing a team official who was not authorized to comment publicly on the negotiations, the newspaper reported that owner Jerry Buss was upset that Odom and his representatives had not responded to the team's offer of three years at $9 million per season. Odom and his agent Jeff Schwartz have reportedly been seeking a five-year deal at $10 million per season.
The newspaper reported that Odom has been in negotiations with the Mavericks and Heat, two teams that can only offer their mid-level exceptions of $5.8 million per season for a maximum of five years.
Bryant chose to not opt out of his contract this offseason and will likely receive a long-term extension. Key reserve Trevor Ariza (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2426) bolted the Lakers for the Rockets, however. The Lakers responded by signing former Rocket Ron Artest (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=25).
Odom, 29, was expected to take a pay cut from his $14.1 million salary of last season. He has averaged 15.1 points, 8.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game for his career, but he set career lows in scoring (11.3) and assists (2.6) last season. He did average 12.3 points and 9.1 rebounds in the playoffs to help the Lakers to their 15th championship.

manu_maniac
07-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I like where this thread is leading. . . .

poeticism707
07-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I like where this thread is leading. . . .
:toast

Russ
07-15-2009, 12:34 AM
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/) Updated: July 15, 2009, 12:46 AM ET

Report: Lakers pull Odom offer

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4328376) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4328376#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4328376&type=story) Share (javascript:void(0);)
ESPN.com news services

Kobe Bryant (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=110) will be back, but two big pieces of the Lakers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal)' championship team likely won't be.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/617.jpg
Odom

The team has pulled its offer to forward Lamar Odom (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=617), the Los Angeles Times reported on Tuesday night. Citing a team official who was not authorized to comment publicly on the negotiations, the newspaper reported that owner Jerry Buss was upset that Odom and his representatives had not responded to the team's offer of three years at $9 million per season. Odom and his agent Jeff Schwartz have reportedly been seeking a five-year deal at $10 million per season.
The newspaper reported that Odom has been in negotiations with the Mavericks and Heat, two teams that can only offer their mid-level exceptions of $5.8 million per season for a maximum of five years.
Bryant chose to not opt out of his contract this offseason and will likely receive a long-term extension. Key reserve Trevor Ariza (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2426) bolted the Lakers for the Rockets, however. The Lakers responded by signing former Rocket Ron Artest (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=25).
Odom, 29, was expected to take a pay cut from his $14.1 million salary of last season. He has averaged 15.1 points, 8.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game for his career, but he set career lows in scoring (11.3) and assists (2.6) last season. He did average 12.3 points and 9.1 rebounds in the playoffs to help the Lakers to their 15th championship.

Ah, that championship summer hubris that Spurs fans know so well.

We just won a title. Still think we need you [Jack/Scola/Odom]?

Spurs16212
07-15-2009, 12:39 AM

I wonder if we can dump Bonner and Finley for a trade exemption or cash considerations..... from there we can add that with the LLE and make other creative moves and maybe offer Odom right along the lines of a eight to nine million dollar contract

Spurs16212
07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
If you want to add Mason into the mix that would be possible as well and that would give us over ten million when packaging with Bonner and Finley......

I feel very confident in what I see with Hairston right now.......

4RINGS
07-15-2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder if we can dump Bonner and Finley for a trade exemption or cash considerations..... from there we can add that with the LLE and make other creative moves and maybe offer Odom right along the lines of a eight to nine million dollar contract

Wow, that would be a pleasant suprise if we could pull this off. :chestbump

:pop: should pull the troops together to make it happen.:meeting:

poeticism707
07-15-2009, 12:52 AM

Can the LLE even be added to, in order to build up to the desired contract amount?

Bruno
07-15-2009, 01:31 AM
What makes the most sense is that Odom re-sign with Lakers. It's the best solution for both sides. If it ends up elsewhere, it would be a great surprise.

Odom not re-signing with Laker would be a very good news for Spurs. However, if he ends up in Dallas, it won't be a that good news.

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2009, 01:36 AM
I'll take that news all day..Odom isn't going anywhere though..if he does, it'll be to Portland for a big deal(which won't happen IMO), or to Miami for 1 year..he isn't going to Dallas, no chance IMO..

jag
07-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Odom not re-signing with Laker would be a very good news for Spurs. However, if he ends up in Dallas, it won't be a that good news.

Do the Jazz have anything over the MLE to use?

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2009, 01:38 AM

Jazz can't give him anything..

they're looking to match Millsap, and then trade Boozer..

Bruno
07-15-2009, 01:38 AM

No, they haven't.

completely deck
07-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Pucho!!!
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I think the Jazz will match Millsap's offer thus sending the Blazers to go after Odom. Jerry Bus sounded pretty ticked at Odom and his agent's handling of the situation.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Can the LLE even be added to, in order to build up to the desired contract amount?

No.

tav1
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Two sobering takes on Odom and the Lakers from an L.A. perspective:

Silver Screen and Roll
(http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/)
Forum Blue and Gold (http://www.forumblueandgold.com/)

Both pieces make convincing arguments that this is just a negotiations game between Buss and Odom. It will end with Odom as a Laker.

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 04:03 PM
It's kind of sad that your only hope of beating the Lakers is if they lose players to free agency.

spursfaninla
07-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Its kind of sad that the Laker's only chance at a championship comes from their ability to pay way over the luxury tax, essentially buying their trophies.

angelbelow
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
It's kind of sad that your only hope of beating the Lakers is if they lose players to free agency.

I hope you guys retain Odom. I want your bitch asses at full strength so faggots like you don't come back with dumbass excuses.

But to respond to your comment, it's not sad, it's the nature of the business. In the offseason you do what you can to improve your team and hope that your rivals become weaker. Pretty straight forward.

Spursmania
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I hope you guys retain Odom. I want your bitch asses at full strength so faggots like you don't come back with dumbass excuses.

But to respond to your comment, it's not sad, it's the nature of the business. In the offseason you do what you can to improve your team and hope that your rivals become weaker. Pretty straight forward.

Exactly.:toast Really not that complicated.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM

Do you have any friends outside of the internets? I understand your desire to achieve genuine social interaction, and I further understand that it may be difficult for a person your age to work google to find a lakers fan forum, but I have to say, if you think antagonizing people is a way to make friends and or influence people you are pretty much going in the wrong direction.

Once you graduate high school and join the real world you'll understand that people tend to appreciate individuals that have a sense of self worth that exceeds witty one liners and clever shit talking on spurstalk.com. It def. wont help you learn how to overcome your overarching fear of women (and trust me, even though I have never experienced the level of awkwardness you clearly have with the opposite sex, I empathize with you, I really do). If you don't believe me, just count on one hand how many times you've been able to use some witty little diatribe you posted on spurstalk to help you get on a girl's good side.

My point is, hiding behind the snarky little character you picked out for yourself (dr. house--seriously? why not just get a big sign that reads "I'm insecure, and in order to mask those insecurities I hide behind the fictional image of Dr. House, a self loathing narcissist that is generally despised by all that know him.") and lurking around spurstalk 24/7 is retarding your social growth, not enabling it.

So, after that little pick up speech, why don't you commit yourself to changing! Go pick up those running shoes, get a little exercise, and get rid of that baby fat. Try talking to that girl at school that you've always liked but have always been too shy to approach. Don't start with anything to big, remember you're still fat, just make small talk and show her that you're an ok dude. Eventually, you'll gain enough confidence to settle for an annoying girl that is also a virgin (and probably not too hot), but for whatever reason likes you.

Good luck:toast

Spursmania
07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
^^:rollin^^

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Do you have any friends outside of the internets? I understand your desire to achieve genuine social interaction, and I further understand that it may be difficult for a person your age to work google to find a lakers fan forum, but I have to say, if you think antagonizing people is a way to make friends and or influence people you are pretty much going in the wrong direction.

Once you graduate high school and join the real world you'll understand that people tend to appreciate individuals that have a sense of self worth that exceeds witty one liners and clever shit talking on spurstalk.com. It def. wont help you learn how to overcome your overarching fear of women (and trust me, even though I have never experienced the level of awkwardness you clearly have with the opposite sex, I empathize with you, I really do). If you don't believe me, just count on one hand how many times you've been able to use some witty little diatribe you posted on spurstalk to help you get on a girl's good side.

My point is, hiding behind the snarky little character you picked out for yourself (dr. house--seriously? why not just get a big sign that reads "I'm insecure, and in order to mask those insecurities I hide behind the fictional image of Dr. House, a self loathing narcissist that is generally despised by all that know him.") and lurking around spurstalk 24/7 is retarding your social growth, not enabling it.

So, after that little pick up speech, why don't you commit yourself to changing! Go pick up those running shoes, get a little exercise, and get rid of that baby fat. Try talking to that girl at school that you've always liked but have always been too shy to approach. Don't start with anything to big, remember you're still fat, just make small talk and show her that you're an ok dude. Eventually, you'll gain enough confidence to settle for an annoying girl that is also a virgin (and probably not too hot), but for whatever reason likes you.

I thought your mother was quite good last night. A little loose though.

Wombatzu
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
i think someone just got told.

StoneBuddha
07-15-2009, 07:32 PM

Bravo!!! :clap

Well said, but I have a small issue with your characterization that House's contribution constitutes "witty one liners and clever shit talking." :lol

Far from it... especially after seeing his less than inspired response.

Brazil
07-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Hemotivo
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM

Spursmania
07-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Looks like the good old Dr. House got

:owned

benefactor
07-15-2009, 09:50 PM

celldweller
07-15-2009, 09:58 PM

:lol You are now officially a SpursTalk legend!

celldweller
07-15-2009, 10:01 PM

Dude it's over! There is no comebacks after that one. Don't even try. It's time to move on. May this be a fulfilling learning lesson.

Knoxxx
07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
So I take it no meaningful update on Odom.

mosdef17
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Now we hear Miami are looking at trying to acquire Boozer AND Odom. This would be fantastic!!! Fantastic for the Spurs... Utah and Lakers both get weakened and 2 very good players are shipped out east for the Celtics and Cavs to worry about. I am PRAYING this get's done. Seems like it will be really tough though. Not easy to acquire two guys like that. Miami apparently offering 5 years $34m to Odom which is more then the Lakers are offering in terms of years which is what they're disputing, contract length. Boozer is a trade scenario. If Odom is still up in the air at in a couple of days it would be awesome for Milsap to be matched by Utah and then Portland turning their attention (and cap space) to Odom. But if Odom joins the Blazers, may not be too good for the Spurs.

easy7
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM

Damn fool... you just wrote the argument to end all arguments. :lmao

hater
07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
:lmao @ house

peacemaker885
07-16-2009, 10:47 AM

Read this multiple times and each time is better than the last. :toast

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 10:49 AM

http://fromdabricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ali_knockout.jpg

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 10:49 AM

Actually it sounds like someone is projecting here.

All of what you said probably applies more to your fellow Spur brethren. Remember your state is without question one of the fattest in the nation, not mine.

Muser
07-16-2009, 10:51 AM

All of what you said probably applies more to your fellow Spur brethren. Remember your state is without question one of the fattest in the nation, not mine.

Surprised you haven't left after you just got ripped a new asshole.

tp2021
07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
You just got biffed

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 10:57 AM

For those scoring at home 18 hours after getting blasted all Dr. House has come up with is a "yo mama" and an "i'm rubber you're glue"......

DBMethos
07-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Damn, that was one of the sickest burns I've ever seen on the Internets...bravo! :toast

easy7
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
http://fromdabricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ali_knockout.jpg

Damn right!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
You just got biffed

spurspokesman
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Now we hear Miami are looking at trying to acquire Boozer AND Odom. This would be fantastic!!! Fantastic for the Spurs... Utah and Lakers both get weakened and 2 very good players are shipped out east for the Celtics and Cavs to worry about. I am PRAYING this get's done. Seems like it will be really tough though. Not easy to acquire two guys like that. Miami apparently offering 5 years $34m to Odom which is more then the Lakers are offering in terms of years which is what they're disputing, contract length. Boozer is a trade scenario. If Odom is still up in the air at in a couple of days it would be awesome for Milsap to be matched by Utah and then Portland turning their attention (and cap space) to Odom. But if Odom joins the Blazers, may not be too good for the Spurs.

Convenient haterism.:lol But im with you on that. Hater #2 at your service:wow

Spur-Addict
07-16-2009, 01:01 PM
For those scoring at home 18 hours after getting blasted all Dr. House has come up with is a "yo mama" and an "i'm rubber you're glue"......

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 01:07 PM
The irony is this moron spent his whole day crafting that response in what ultimately is a gigantic waste of time.

Shastafarian
07-16-2009, 01:09 PM
The irony is this moron spent his whole day crafting that response in what ultimately is a gigantic waste of time.

Why the hell are you still replying? You continuing to try and rebut him is only making what he said look truer.

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM

As opposed to what you do with your time spent here...............

z0sa
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
House got wrecked

Mugen
07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
lol at house responding 3 times but still can't get rid of that taste of dick from his mouth.

DBMethos
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Lmao

cheguevara
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
lol at house responding 3 times but still can't get rid of that taste of dick from his mouth.

true

completely deck
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM

shut the fuck up you got your ass handed to you

Ryvin1
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM

:wow :lmao:rollin:lmao

Spursmania
07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
House got wrecked
http://wrecks.justsickshit.com/wp-content/gallery/crazy-car-crashes/car-smashed-through-side-of-house.jpg

easy7
07-16-2009, 01:36 PM
House got knocked the fuck out. I never seen anybody be manhandled like that before. You need to go home and let a couple of weeks go by and regroup man. :toast He did to you what the Celtics did to the Lakers on the last game of the finals last year.

celldweller
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
http://www.funny-games.biz/images/pictures/1744-ball-kick.jpg

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 01:44 PM
:lmao yea I'm so offended by what Internet tough guy has to say.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-16-2009, 01:48 PM

First of all, momma talk? How old are you? I would've responded about how yours does it for a negotiable fee and how she would want to do some heroin to block out the experience of all the disgusting males and hermaphrodites she's with on a nightly basis, but no black tar for momma cause she likes what she's doing. You see the difference? We spurs fans could have talked about your momma but we choose not to because frankly it's beneath us and we have a lot more class. Try it sometime.

Our state one of the fattest? So what, your momma, err I mean your state is one of the brokest in the nation.

And by the way, the only thing that fans here may be projecting is your immature and poorly thought out and constructed one liners that indicate that you have no basketball acumen. Get lost kid.

Anyways don't even try, log out and leave your mom's basement, but first make up your bed. I think it was RobinsonToDuncan that measured you, weighed you and found you lacking.

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
First of all, momma talk? How old are you? I would've responded about how yours does it for a negotiable fee and how she would want to do some heroin to block out the experience of all the disgusting males and hermaphrodites she's with on a nightly basis, but no tar for mamma cause she likes what she's doing. You see the difference? We spurs fans could have talked about your momma but we choose not to because frankly it's beneath us and we have a lot more class. Try it sometime.

Our state one of the fattest? So what, your momma, err I mean your state is one of the brokest in the nation.

And by the way, the only that fans here may be projecting is your immature and poorly thought and constructed one liners that don't indicate that you have any basketball acumen. Get lost kid.

Anyways don't even try, log out and leave your mom's basement, but first make up your bed. I think it was RobinsonToDuncan that measured you, weighed you and found you lacking.

:lmao ok Internet tough guy. I'm so scared.....

You sound a lot like HarlemHeat btw.

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
We spurs fans could have talked about your momma but we choose not to because frankly it's beneath us and we have a lot more class. Try it sometime.

I would've responded about how yours does it for a negotiable fee and how she would want to do some heroin to block out the experience of all the disgusting males and hermaphrodites she's with on a nightly basis, but no black tar for momma cause she likes what she's doing. You see the difference?

Keep diggin that hole kid.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
:lmao ok Internet tough guy. I'm so scared.....

You sound a lot like HarlemHeat btw.

Dude, come back to reality. There was nary a threat posted, inferred, implied nothing! Zilch? Nada? Don't be scared, I'm hoping that you have a epiphany, an awakening moment of clarity where you realize that hey, "I'm a 52 yr old unemployed man living in my moms basement who secretly desires little filipino boys, but a Cambodian or Vietnamese will do in a crunch."

Work on getting a job, then a car and then maybe your mom will help you learn how to fill out a check.

yavozerb
07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
:lmao yea I'm so offended by what Internet tough guy has to say.

I thought KBP was the only ST member who could screw up every thread he posts in, I was wrong...:bang

hater
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
dang house is down and all the wolves want a piece.

all that's gonna be left is a pile of bones :lol

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Dude, come back to reality. There was nary a threat posted, inferred, implied nothing! Zilch? Nada? Don't be scared, I'm hoping that you have a epiphany, an awakening moment of clarity where you realize that hey, "I'm a 52 yr old unemployed man living in my moms basement who secretly desires little filipino boys, but a Cambodian or Vietnamese will do in a crunch."

Work on getting a job, then a car and then maybe your mom will help you learn how to fill out a check.

The people who spend their time constructing ridiculous personal attacks are usually the ones who got picked on relentlessly growing up. Your lashing out for all the pain you suffered growing up, it's ok I understand your motives completely.

anakha
07-16-2009, 02:42 PM
The people who spend their time constructing ridiculous personal attacks are usually the ones who got picked on relentlessly growing up. Your lashing out for all the pain you suffered growing up, it's ok I understand your motives completely.

I love how Spur fan keeps bringing up all the injuries of other teams in '09 but says NOTHING ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE LAKERS HAD BYNUM AND ARIZA INJURED IN '08.

Fucking pathetic hypocrites. Fat redneck, sister fucking faggots.

Pot, Kettle... you know the rest.

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
^^^ :rollin

Nice job of self ownership by the doctor.

vander
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
you all need to show Dr. House a lot more respect, HIS team just won the championship, and I've no doubt that his arrogant posts here had much to do with their success.

anakha
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
you all need to show Dr. House a lot more respect, HIS team just won the championship, and I've no doubt that his arrogant posts here had much to do with their success.

You would actually have a point if he hadn't started trolling before the Lakers actually won the title.

Ignorance rears its ugly head again.

vander
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
You would actually have a point if he hadn't started trolling before the Lakers actually won the title.

Ignorance rears its ugly head again.

sorry, should I have put a laughing smiley at the end?

anakha
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
sorry, should I have put a laughing smiley at the end?

To convey what, sarcasm?

If so, you should have written that post a little better.

vander
07-16-2009, 03:38 PM
To convey what, sarcasm?

oh

completely deck
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
To convey what, sarcasm?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5366/1241923608530.jpg

ElNono
07-16-2009, 03:51 PM
oh

If it makes you feel better, I did got it the first time... :toast

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-16-2009, 04:01 PM

You don't say? Funny how your perception and my reality are off the charts different. I had a pretty good childhood; pretty popular in school, extremely goodlookin' (back then, now ehh not so much), lost my virginity when I was 15, involved in just about every group and activity in school except the Gays & Lesbians Coalition, (not that there's anything wrong with that). I did a lot of traveling in the US, spent 2 weeks in Europe my sophomore year traveling to Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Monaco. Went to a resort in Phukit Thailand right after my senior year, which was awesome, very cheap and incredible sights.

Look House I'm not trying to impress you, just simply impress upon you that you're way off on your getting picked theme. I've been fortunate and God has been good to me. I had a great life and I can not complain.

But I tell you what little man, if it helps you sleep at night, git after it and keep telling yourself that. According to you, we here at SpursTalk were all beat up on because we kinda pointed out the obvious, that you were a loser, dud, failure, flop, never-was cretin.

Now enough of this shit, I tire of the insults and if you want to post here, lets's talk some real basketball. But do try to bring some meaningful dialogue and lose the pathetic one liners. I think I speak for the rest of us, leave the weak sauce at home.

antimvp
07-20-2009, 07:39 PM
awfully quiet lately.

scottspurs
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't think the Blazers are intrested. The Miami offer has been there for awhile. The longer he goes without signing, the more I believe he is going back to the Lakers.

bishopospurs
07-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I can't believe the Lakers won the ESPY for best Champion over the past year. I just saw the rerun of the ESPY's.

tmtcsc
07-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think the Blazers are intrested. The Miami offer has been there for awhile. The longer he goes without signing, the more I believe he is going back to the Lakers.

Yeah, I agree. He had all weekend to think about it. He's just stalling for time to see if the Lakers will step up to the plate. He's really over estimated his value. He's an inconsistent player that had good moments in the playoffs. The Lakers don't want to over pay for him. They should let him walk.

Either way, the Spurs are prepping to face the Lakers with him and it really won't matter if he is on the Lakers roster or not. I like our chances. The bigger headache still remains Gasol and Bryant.

DrHouse
07-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Look House I'm not trying to impress you

I had a pretty good childhood; pretty popular in school, extremely goodlookin' (back then, now ehh not so much), lost my virginity when I was 15, involved in just about every group and activity in school except the Gays & Lesbians Coalition, (not that there's anything wrong with that). I did a lot of traveling in the US, spent 2 weeks in Europe my sophomore year traveling to Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Monaco. Went to a resort in Phukit Thailand right after my senior year, which was awesome, very cheap and incredible sights.

DPG21920
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
You never stop do you? Just shut up already. Worst poster on ST.

HarlemHeat37
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I've thought that he'll be going back to LA the entire time anyways..I think taking longer means he's serious about Miami's offer though, and it makes sense..I still think he'll go to LA, but it wouldn't be shocking to see him in Miami..

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
You never stop do you? Just shut up already. Worst poster on ST.
yeah...he definitely makes the top 2 or 3...maybe first...