PDA

View Full Version : bittorrent

Bender
05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
what do you need to do to use this? I've never used it. Maybe 2 years ago, I tried it under linux, but I couldn't get it working right. Never tried it under windows.

I know, I know, I am behind the times...

baseline bum
05-07-2009, 09:11 PM
I use Azureus (now called Vuze). It comes bundled with a bunch of annoying shit, but that can be turned off. It's my fav client though because I can use it on Linux. You could also use uTorrent, the #1 Windows BT client, on UNIX through WINE.

Bender
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
this would be on my windows laptop. vuze come with any spyware you need to watch for?

BruceBowenFan
05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
vuze is great, searches i believe 6 torrent sites.

koriwhat
05-08-2009, 03:35 AM
utorrent all the way! dont fuck with azureus/vuze.

koriwhat
05-08-2009, 03:36 AM
too bad transmission isn't on winOS. ah the beauty of simplicity in all apps that run on osx.

baseline bum
05-08-2009, 04:41 AM
too bad transmission isn't on winOS. ah the beauty of simplicity in all apps that run on osx.

Transmission works like crap for me in Ubuntu. Azureus gives me way more connections and better download speeds. Azureus does completely suck ass with the Vuze garbage and they make it a huge pain in the ass to disable the crap, but once you do it's awesome just like it used to be back in the 2.X versions. I'd prob use uTorrent if it was ported (well) to UNIX though.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
utorrent all the way! dont fuck with azureus/vuze.

Agreed. uTorrent is fantastic.

velik_m
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
utorrent.

Borosai
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
On Windows, µTorrent is probably the best option. I've tried to like Vuze: nope.

Whatever you choose, make sure to read up on how to correctly configure your client, and if necessary, your network/router. All the information is available. Also, seed.

baseline bum
05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
On Windows, µTorrent is probably the best option. I've tried to like Vuze: nope.

Whatever you choose, make sure to read up on how to correctly configure your client, and if necessary, your network/router. All the information is available. Also, seed.

Make sure you setup port-forwarding in your router. Windows by default will allow this traffic (I think). However, Ubuntu out of the box won't, and you'll have to do some config of iptables to allow it.