PDA

View Full Version : Two LeBron/Cavs Questions....

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
1. Is it worrisome for the Cavs' title chances if they are not seriously challenged in the Eastern playoffs?
subquestion: will anyone challenge Cleveland in the East?

2. If the Cavs win a title this year, next year, or both, is LeBron more or less likely to leave?

I've heard it argued both ways -- that LeBron would have cover to leave without looking too mercenarial if he brings a title to a championship-starved city -- but also that if they win, the next level adulation he'll receive will convince him to stay.

Thoughts?

TampaDude
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
1. No and No

2. The Cavs will win the title this year and LeBron will stay in Cleveland.

CavsFan
05-07-2009, 09:59 PM
1. I think the Cavs are pretty motivated and they'll be OK.

2. IMO, winning a title will keep LBJ in Cleveland. Why would he go to another team where the rebuilding will have to start all over again, when he could stay with a championship team that is already custom built around him. Cleveland NOT winning a title this year or next year, imo, would send him away quicker.

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 09:59 PM
1. No and No

2. The Cavs will win the title this year and LeBron will stay in Cleveland.

Agree with you about everything except the challenge thing -- I think it might be hard for Cleveland to turn it on full blast in the finals if they don't get challenged before. That could cost them a game which could make the series tougher. But they are veterans and very well-coached so maybe I'm wrong.

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
2. Why would he go to another team where the rebuilding will have to start all over again, when he could stay with a championship team that is already custom built around him.

Because if he "really" wants to go play in NYC (I don't know, don't think anyone does and am just playing devil's advocate) then if he wins this year he can still say he brought a championship to the most tortured sports city in America. He doesn't look like so much of a jerk and still gets what he wants.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Lebron not goin n e where, mark it....Peace

iggypop123
05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
joe johnson is hurt now. they are basically playing against the nbdl team. that could hurt them. they have been handed the east to them not exactly winning it. could hurt them but it remains to be seen

Yuushi12
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
i can only imagine the teams that are going for lebron in 2010 praying for the cavs not to win the title

Yuushi12
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Lets see if they get to the finals first.

+1 the playoffs are full of surprises besides, honestly i think at this point, Denver,Houston LA and Orlando all have a chance to beat them in a 7 game series

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
+1 the playoffs are full of surprises besides, honestly i think at this point, Denver,Houston and LA all has a chance to beat them in a 7 game series

right but if they meet those teams then they're in the finals......

Yuushi12
05-07-2009, 10:23 PM
right but if they meet those teams then they're in the finals......

My bad. I forgot to add the magics

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-07-2009, 10:24 PM
The fact their opponents suck won't matter.....they've been going full blast all season long. Hate them or not they clearly have no problem giving a full effort on both ends of the court at all times.

VI_Massive
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
The fact their opponents suck won't matter.....they've been going full blast all season long. Hate them or not they clearly have no problem giving a full effort on both ends of the court at all times.

But if they get to the Finals and haven't played in an uber-competitive series like LA and Houston yet? Maybe it takes them a game to find their bearings in that type of series? That could cost them a game and make it a lot tougher.

Nocioni
05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Its THE KINGS YEAR

KSeal
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Its THE KINGS YEAR

The Kings won 17 games and obviously aren't even in the playoffs, I don't really know how it could be their year..

JoeTait75
05-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Yup, not being challenged in the early rounds sure dulled our competitive edge and left us vulnerable in the later rounds.

Sincerely,

The 1986 Celtics, 1989 Pistons and 2001 Lakers.

VI_Massive
05-08-2009, 12:25 AM
The Kings won 17 games and obviously aren't even in the playoffs, I don't really know how it could be their year..

To win the lottery, duh!

KSeal
05-08-2009, 12:47 AM
To win the lottery, duh!

:p:

Cry Havoc
05-08-2009, 12:50 AM
The Cavs are demolishing teams. They're playing fantastic defense, and they have good leadership.

They aren't going to take their foot off the gas until they're hoisting the trophy. And I think they will this year. They are literally a team with almost no weaknesses. Maybe a healthy Boston team could push them to 6 or 7, but that's about it.

ezau
05-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Not going through the storm so to speak lessens any Cavs' player of getting injured. As we all know, contending teams need to be close to being healthy to have a realistic chance of winning it all. However, not being challenged can prove disastrous in the Finals. Refer to the 39-point beat down of LA during last year's NBA playoffs.

Rogue
05-08-2009, 07:09 AM
He meant it was King James's year, but I doubt it. Sincerely the Cavs are an aweful team for every opponent, even including the best teams like Mavs. Undoubtedly James is the most dangerous one that deserves more care than anyone else on Cavs team, but he still is not a God-like player like Michael Jordan. However good a player is, he can't carry a team all by himself. Rockets have plentiful talents but their reliance on T-Mac used to hold this team back, after escaping from the manecle of T-Mac's dominance, the Rockets have achieved a goal that they had been dreaming of for over a decade. Now the Rockets have a big chance to give us more surprise, the WCF is not too far a destination for this blooming team.

Bukefal
05-08-2009, 07:32 AM
I dont think lebron will leave. even if they dont win the championship. But Cavs will win for sure, this season is theirs, in everything.

iggypop123
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
lebron did say he wants to be filthy rich,so he will probably stay. not cause of marketing cause the cavs can offer the biggest amount. that's all lebron cares about