PDA

View Full Version : Spurs watching playoffs?

all_heart
05-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I hope the Spurs are watching these playoffs. I hope all of them especially Pop notices that young guys can compete and contribute to big wins. I also hope they notice some of these teams play with energy and passion. These teams look so much eager to win than this year's Spurs. I like Pop, but there's no doubt he has made some mistakes.

My wishes for next season:
No major injuries, TP, TD, and Manu are all healthy.
At least 2 of the following players are gone:
Finley (if he's around he's getting playing time that should be used on young guys.
Bonner (he's no starter, he's an oversized Steve Kerr type player if anything, he's yet to prove he can be clutch)
Vaughn- it's just time to move on
Oberto- He either plays and contributes or what good is he?

2 good young athletic players. 1 SG, and 1 PF/C So long as their are tough and energetic. If Ian and Hairston fit the bill, fine whatever.

Mason goes back to being a pull up shooter.. enough of the PG, that did nothing for us.
GH gets the playing time he deserves and changes Pop's way of thinking.
Finally, the team shows some toughness and passion from day 1. The core group hits on all cylinders..
We'll see what happens.. This is probably too many things to wish for. GO SPURS :ihit
BTW - FTL!!

spurspokesman
05-08-2009, 07:46 AM
I hope the Spurs are watching these playoffs. I hope all of them especially Pop notices that young guys can compete and contribute to big wins. I also hope they notice some of these teams play with energy and passion. These teams look so much eager to win than this year's Spurs. I like Pop, but there's no doubt he has made some mistakes.

My wishes for next season:
No major injuries, TP, TD, and Manu are all healthy.
At least 2 of the following players are gone:
Finley (if he's around he's getting playing time that should be used on young guys.
Bonner (he's no starter, he's an oversized Steve Kerr type player if anything, he's yet to prove he can be clutch)
Vaughn- it's just time to move on
Oberto- He either plays and contributes or what good is he?

2 good young athletic players. 1 SG, and 1 PF/C So long as their are tough and energetic. If Ian and Hairston fit the bill, fine whatever.

Mason goes back to being a pull up shooter.. enough of the PG, that did nothing for us.
GH gets the playing time he deserves and changes Pop's way of thinking.
Finally, the team shows some toughness and passion from day 1. The core group hits on all cylinders..
We'll see what happens.. This is probably too many things to wish for. GO SPURS :ihit
BTW - FTL!!
Thanks. You took the words out of my mouth. Another thing. I got A lot of love for ginobilli. But if he's not healthy and A deal comes along I'd consider it. And I'd try like hell to send fin on the next available flight going anywhere. Get roger back to his comfort zone. He got severely misused along with hill. ( Maybe pops brain is shot. He's getting old:lol) Keep Gooden and go after A wing that can rebound and A backup point if williams dont fit the bill if We cant land sheed or dice.

Yuixafun
05-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I noticed this too, the Spurs sorely lack enthusiasm.

Instead of being able to rejoice in their abilities unfolding at the moment, they play like haunted men who strive for lost paradise.

peskypesky
05-08-2009, 08:24 AM
i totally agree. as i'm watching the games, it's painfully obvious that a lot of the Spurs were not playing with anything near the intensity or energy of the 2nd round teams. bonner, mason, finley, and kt were crap. with finley and kt, it's age. with the other two, it's just scrubitis.

now duncan, parker, and bowen did play with energy and passion. and when they got a couple of minutes here and there, i thought Hill and Gooden played too. but clearly, there's a LOT of dead weight on this roster (Finley, Bonner, Vaughn, Oberto, KT and Mason).

spurspokesman
05-08-2009, 08:32 AM
i totally agree. as i'm watching the games, it's painfully obvious that a lot of the Spurs were not playing with anything near the intensity or energy of the 2nd round teams. bonner, mason, finley, and kt were crap. with finley and kt, it's age. with the other two, it's just scrubitis.

now duncan, parker, and bowen did play with energy and passion. and when they got a couple of minutes here and there, i thought Hill and Gooden played too. but clearly, there's a LOT of dead weight on this roster (Finley, Bonner, Vaughn, Oberto, KT and Mason).

I agree with most of this. (almost all) except mason. He as I previously stated was misused. (See Eddie House). Similar player used to his strengths. catch and shoot. Scores 31 in PO game. He didnt have to handle the ball. That makes shooting A lot easier to someone like Roger.

George Gervin's Afro
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
The big three play as if they have won multiple championships...oh wait.

all_heart
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree with most of this. (almost all) except mason. He as I previously stated was misused. (See Eddie House). Similar player used to his strengths. catch and shoot. Scores 31 in PO game. He didnt have to handle the ball. That makes shooting A lot easier to someone like Roger.

You're right about that, if your only job on offence is to knock down open jumpers, it's a lot easier to do than if you are having to bring up the ball, distribute, etc.. It doesn't help when your acting PG doesn't try to penetrate (only when the shot clock is winding down), it makes it easier on the defence.

Sheed or Dice.. I don't know about those guys.. they might help, but they would be just a patch for a year at best. Not to mention they can't really run the floor.