PDA

View Full Version : Lebron talks 2010 on Outside the Lines

Thunder Dan
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
''I'm comfortable with being in Cleveland. I'm excited about it,'' James told Schwarz. ''I'm loving the direction we're [going] in and I'm loving the teammates I have and the organization. So if that's any indication of me leaving, then somebody must be looking out the wrong box."

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/44576087.html

z0sa
05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
looking out the wrong box? the fuck is he talking about?

Thunder Dan
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
looking out the wrong box? the fuck is he talking about?

he just gets so excited when he talks about Cleveland that he can't grasp the English language. But I think he is making reference to people that live inside boxes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Hopefully since Stephen A. Smith has put his career on the line by only talking about Lebron going to New York in 2010 and nothing else, that ESPN will fire him if Cleveland signs him to an extension. If that happens I'll worship Lebron just cause he got SAS fired.

JoeTait75
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Bron re-up this summer, especially if the Cavaliers win the Championship.

Extra Stout
05-08-2009, 12:05 PM
How could anybody not want to go to New York? If LeBron dares defy the wishes of the national media, they'll have no choice but to punish him as they did David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

"Hey, it just occurred to us... Cleveland plays a lot of 85-75 games... they're boring!"

Dex
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Hopefully since Stephen A. Smith has put his career on the line by only talking about Lebron going to New York in 2010 and nothing else, that ESPN will fire him if Cleveland signs him to an extension. If that happens I'll worship Lebron just cause he got SAS fired.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2008/04/05/2008-04-05_stephen_a_smith_off_espn_radio.html

You might just get your wish.

Thunder Dan
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM

SAS was fired last month by ESPN

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 12:19 PM
SAS was fired last month by ESPN

Whoa timeout.

1) Like full blown, don't have to hear his yelling voice ever again fired?
2) LinK?

Thunder Dan
05-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Whoa timeout.

2) LinK?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2009/04/17/2009-04-17_stephen_a_smith_out_at_espn_as_network_opts_not _to_renew_contract.html

BlackSwordsMan
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Whoa timeout.

2) LinK?

he gone bro

BlackSwordsMan
05-08-2009, 12:33 PM
he was fired around the time he made the assumption bosh wanted to leave and bosh said he didn't want to leave

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Well that's great news.

Thunder Dan
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Stephen A was just so off on the Bosh and Lebron thing. He said for about a year that Lebron to the Knicks was a done deal already and also that Bosh wanted out, he was wrong on both and god canned by ESPN.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Stephen A was just so off on the Bosh and Lebron thing. He said for about a year that Lebron to the Knicks was a done deal already and also that Bosh wanted out, he was wrong on both and god canned by ESPN.

I'll bet Skip Bayless is snickering under his breath.

Thunder Dan
05-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I'll bet Skip Bayless is snickering under his breath.

Skip Baylees just says things as shtick. He doesn't actually believe half of the bullshit that comes out of his mouth. He is a character. He was the first Lebron hater, and now the things he hates on Lebron are so minor that you can even catch him laughing when he is talking. There is an audience though for hating on the best. It's like me, I can't stand Tiger Woods or the Yankees- and I'm not alone. So he is filling a niche. SAS was just a blowhard that didn't translate to any audience at all. Blacks, Whites, Cubans and Asians all hated him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Skip Baylees just says things as shtick. He doesn't actually believe half of the bullshit that comes out of his mouth. He is a character. He was the first Lebron hater, and now the things he hates on Lebron are so minor that you can even catch him laughing when he is talking. There is an audience though for hating on the best. It's like me, I can't stand Tiger Woods or the Yankees- and I'm not alone. So he is filling a niche. SAS was just a blowhard that didn't translate to any audience at all. Blacks, Whites, Cubans and Asians all hated him.

i personally think Skip is hilarious. back when Woody Page was on to debate him everyday it was even better. Skip's nicknames are the best:

LeBrick
Lil Tony Romeo
Team Obliterator

Gino
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
The New York scenario continues to look less and less likely. With all the hype surrounding it, you would have to imagine he would take a serious PR hit for life for ditching Cleveland for the big lights.

DA BULLS
05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
personally i would love to see lebron resign w/ the cavs for two reasons. one so i could laugh at the knicks at them being stupid enough to risk there whole future on hoping lebron would come to ny. and 2 bc its good to see star players be loyal to there teams and lead the team that drafted to a championship and not bolt like other players have in the past(shaq, carter, etc)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
personally i would love to see lebron resign w/ the cavs for two reasons. one so i could laugh at the knicks at them being stupid enough to risk there whole future on hoping lebron would come to ny. and 2 bc its good to see star players be loyal to there teams and lead the team that drafted to a championship and not bolt like other players have in the past(shaq, carter, etc)

Lol knowing how fickle NY fans are they'd go from chanting MVP for him at Knicks games to booing the crap out of him even though he never left any impression he'd be signing with NY and NY hung the balance of their future strictly on media hype.