PDA

View Full Version : Who was the last MVP to win a title the year he was crowned?

dougp
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
http://images.allposters.com/images/PHOTOFILE/AADM007.jpg

That is all ... Fuck LeBroom, go Nuggets!

poop
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
i dont have a problem with lebron, he and his organization seem to be respectable and show class.

Dex
05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
i dont have a problem with lebron, he and his organization seem to be respectable and show class.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/Tightest/1306056401bronpicture.gif

poop
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
i mean look at '07. while Phoenix was making an epic excuse-whining-finger pointing uproar for the ages after getting beat by us, cleveland and lebron were the opposite. they both refused to make gay excuses and were respectful to the spurs and gave them credit. after that one game where there could have been a foul on lebron at the end, he could have blamed the refs but instead took the high road and said it was on him, no excuses. you dont hear about lebron of other cavs getting arrested, beating up/raping women, having internal feuds, blaming coach or refs or stern or making gay excuses about anything. this is because their franchise is modeled after the spurs, and they have former spurs mike brown and danny ferry setting the tone as while as lebron who is far closer to a tim duncan-type leader than a moronic thug-type star.

dougp
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
i mean look at '07. while Phoenix was making an epic excuse-whining-finger pointing uproar for the ages after getting beat by us, cleveland and lebron were the opposite. they both refused to make gay excuses and were respectful to the spurs and gave them credit. after that one game where there could have been a foul on lebron at the end, he could have blamed the refs but instead took the high road and said it was on him, no excuses. you dont hear about lebron of other cavs getting arrested, beating up/raping women, having internal feuds, blaming coach or refs or stern or making gay excuses about anything. this is because their franchise is modeled after the spurs, and they have former spurs mike brown and danny ferry setting the tone as while as lebron who is far closer to a tim duncan-type leader than a moronic thug-type star.

Winning only goes so far, but there will be internal issues because of how much LeBron hogs the ball. As for not blaming Stern or the refs? LeBron blamed them on the crab dribble, and it's hard to blame Stern when they're the golden child of the NBA.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM

Laugh it up now, but we'll all be in awe when we realize how well Lebron has multi-tasked this season. These douchetacular pregame routines are really just Lebron honing his choreography skills so that he can take Broadway by storm next summer when he bolts for NYC.

And all the slings and arrows over his crab dribble will be well worth it when gets two golds in the 2012 games for basketball and the triple jump.

Muser
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM

That's the gayest shit i've ever seen in pro sports.

poop
05-08-2009, 12:52 PM
you must not have been watching for long, the Pistons have been doing that stuff for years, the Garnett celtics did that stuff, pretty much any team with lots of ghetto/primitive-types can be seen performing similar 'tribal-jungle dance' type spectacles, it is in their nature.

spursfaninla
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
yeah, those blacks are just mostly primitive types, and at its worst with basketball players, because they are rich and so are on tv. But they all do it. I think even timvp is like that, Kori probably writes his stuff because it is too intelligent to be written by a primitive black. She has a jungle fever thing obviously.

Poor/from ghetto does not equal any type of "nature," that is "social."

Muser
05-08-2009, 01:03 PM
you must not have been watching for long, the Pistons have been doing that stuff for years, the Garnett celtics did that stuff, pretty much any team with lots of ghetto/primitive-types can be seen performing similar 'tribal-jungle dance' type spectacles, it is in their nature.

Sheed doing the carlton dance was actually funny, LeBron and his bunch of merry scrubs doing this whole paparazzi stuff is just sad.

MoSpur
05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I hate that chalk stuff. I know the NBA is entertainment, but I feel at times, they should put some type of limit to these gimmicks.

I won't deny how good LeBron is though. The guy is a beast.

JamStone
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Lol @ primitive ghetto blacks

Gino
05-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Lots of insecurity in this thread.

Whats wrong with LeBron?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2009, 01:08 PM
If his team does win it all, I'm assuming he wins finals MVP.

That puts him in a truly elite class since the only other non big men to win regular season MVP and finals MVP in the same season are Jordan, Magic, and Bird.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2009, 03:05 PM

:rolleyes
Yeah surely, lame humor, and juvenile antics are exclusive to "primitive" "tribal" types and BLACKS.
Don't you remember elementary to high school when a group of you and your friends thought you were funnier than you actually were and would get carried away with sketches like Lebron's....I'd say it's just an American thing.

That kind of thinking is as stupid and snobbish as that stupid French dude of the 2008 Olympics that was offended by Usain Bolt's Jamaican celebratory antics because the dude was enjoying life at the realization that he was freakishly better than the the runners.
Who the hell wants to be prim and proper like a snooty french or englishman observing the "tribal/primitives."

Also, I don't see how Lebron's photography introduction says anything about the CAVS org not being classy.

It's lame, but not classless...

Oh yeah and it's nothing close to Rasheed and Shaq's natural humor, the only difference with the Pistons doing it for years is that Lebron is the golden child, so the commentators have to feign amusement instead of point and laugh at Lebron's failure in the creative department-- now the league is going to resort to MORE stupid gimmickry with the new class of Dwight Howard sporting superman capes, etc. and cupcakes ..it won't be long when that stupid gimmick shit during the last two all-star games bleeds into the WWNBA actual games where they using multiple Kryptonite basketballs in the 4th quarter during blow out games.

The new kids are such posers :bang:bang:bang

erikuff
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
There's nothing wrong with LeBron's pregame shit. It's just getting his team together before a game. There's no statement that they're better than anyone, it's just for themselves. The Cavs are a good organization, afterall, they're the child of the Spurs.

symple19
05-10-2009, 12:09 AM

wow, who let you out of the klan meeting?

The antics can get old, I agree, but Lebron isn't doing anything mean-spirited at all. They're having fun. Did anyone see his speech when accepting the MVP?? All he did was heap praise on past greats, and his teammates. I really hope they win the title(since no spurs). And I want to see them do it against a REAL bunch of douchebags, the lakers. I can already see him flying through the air, knocking punks like Walton(hippy douchebag) and Vujacic (euro douchebag) down like bowling pins as he does some spectacular dunk. And yes, they were gracious in defeat when the spurs mopped the floor with them a few years back. Dare I say Lebron and Co. learned something from that butt-kicking?????:flag:

poop
05-10-2009, 12:37 AM
wow, who let you out of the klan meeting?

The antics can get old, I agree, but Lebron isn't doing anything mean-spirited at all. They're having fun. Did anyone see his speech when accepting the MVP?? All he did was heap praise on past greats, and his teammates. I really hope they win the title(since no spurs). And I want to see them do it against a REAL bunch of douchebags, the lakers. I can already see him flying through the air, knocking punks like Walton(hippy douchebag) and Vujacic (euro douchebag) down like bowling pins as he does some spectacular dunk. And yes, they were gracious in defeat when the spurs mopped the floor with them a few years back. Dare I say Lebron and Co. learned something from that butt-kicking?????:flag:

1. if you read my initial posts i was defending Lebron and the Cavs. i agree with you and pointed out the same things you did.

2. im not 'racist' im just pointing out observable trends/facts

symple19
05-10-2009, 06:25 AM
fair enough