PDA

View Full Version : Obama to address Muslims in Egypt

JoeChalupa
05-08-2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22272.html

President Barack Obama has chosen Egypt as the location to deliver his long-awaited speech to the Muslim world.

He’s scheduled to make the speech on June 4, fulfilling a campaign pledge to make such an address early in his administration.

“This is a continuing effort of the president’s to engage the Muslim world,” White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said, adding that the president has “high hopes for a stronger relationship.”

He said that Obama would expand on previous remarks to Muslim audiences, including a speech in Turkey where he declared that the United States is not at war with Islam, despite the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Egypt is one of the closest U.S. allies in the Middle East, but it’s also an authoritarian state under President Hosni Mubarak. But Gibbs played down the venue, noting that the speech wasn’t being delivered to leaders but to Muslims generally.

“This is a speech to many, many people, and [is part of] the continuing effort by this president and this White House to demonstrate how we can work together to ensure safety and security ... of the children of this country and of the Muslim world,” Gibbs said.

Obama also will visit Germany and France on the June trip. In Dresden, Germany, he'll visit the Buchenwald concentration camp. And in France on June 6, he’s scheduled to help commemorate the 65th anniversary of D-Day.

--So how will the right spin this? I'm sure Rush, Sean and Pags will call it a sign of weakness or appeasement. I disagree.

Duff McCartney
05-08-2009, 03:37 PM
No they'll just say he's making a speech to people of his own religion. That he'll feel right at home being with a bunch of Arabs and blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit.

JoeChalupa
05-08-2009, 03:44 PM
No they'll just say he's making a speech to people of his own religion. That he'll feel right at home being with a bunch of Arabs and blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit.

I concur. I'd bet money on it.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
another circle jerk session

Homeland Security
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Allahu Akbar!

clambake
05-08-2009, 03:55 PM
if he had any balls he'd turn those pyramids upside down....and toss a few nukes on spain.

FaithInOne
05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
I am the sphinx mf'ers!

Anubis has returned.

Winehole23
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I am the sphinx mf'ers!

Anubis has returned.Are you trying to seduce confused teenagers, or does this really work with the ladies?

FaithInOne
05-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Pioneer of the Nile. (http://www.pedigreequery.com/pioneer+of+the+nile)

If it's good for the Stang, it's good for the Wang.

Winehole23
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Now you're just confused.

whottt
05-08-2009, 06:49 PM
whottt:

if he had any balls he'd turn those pyramids upside down....and toss a few nukes on spain.

You are incomparably stupid. I am an anthropologist, the Pyramids are pretty much the most awesome thing on the planet to someone with my interests..and they have absolutely nothing to do with Islam, Anti-Americanism or terrorism.

<<< is in favor of nuking humans, not historical structures...and you just provided an excellent example of why. And please don't say something like the Pyramids were built by humans to discredit my attack on you...you are so incomparably stupid compared to those that built the Pyramids...you might as well be a different species altogether.

100% serious.

Blake
05-08-2009, 06:53 PM
<<< is in favor of nuking humans, not historical structures...

what if the humans are all in historical structures

^^^ comparably stupid

whottt
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
what if the humans are all in historical structures

^^^ comparably stupid

If you are in them ngo ahead nuke them...small price to pay, otherwise, wait for them to get out, then nuke them. All you have to do is say you are going to nuke the structures, then everyone less stupid then you and clambake, which would be like 99.9% of the total population of the planet, including all other life forms, will fall for it and exit the structure...then you nuke them.

I will say this once more for emphasis...if you or clambake are in the Pyramids, I fully support nuking them regardless of the historical cost...the benefit to the gene pool would be worth it.

Wild Cobra
05-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I wonder if he'll say "My Muslim faith" again?

bMUgNg7aD8M

SnakeBoy
05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
--So how will the right spin this? I'm sure Rush, Sean and Pags will call it a sign of weakness or appeasement. I disagree.

Your probably right about how they'll spin it. And they'll be wrong, it's a sign of naivety.

clambake
05-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I am an anthropologist

:lmao