PDA

View Full Version : My Realistic dream team for next season.

Yogurt210
05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SF- Nicolas Batum (trade, hopefully Matt Bonner/Finley)
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

Reserves -(Center) draft pick, James Gist , Malik Hariston.

Drop/trade - JV, Udoka,Bonner,Finley, KT, Oberto

This is the most realistic/possible team that would propel the Spurs back to the top along with great chemistry,character,defense,youth, attitude and the much needed athleticism.

Now If Splitter, by some dream chance came over next season, we can drop Drew Gooden.

Now who has Pop's/ RC number so I can speak with them about this, lol.
:flag:

Big P
05-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Everything but Batum is possible. Portland was starting Batum at the end of the season & the playoffs.

Yogurt210
05-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Everything but Batum is possible. Portland was starting Batum at the end of the season & the playoffs.

Man he would fit well too. Hopefully the FO can work some magic for him.

angelbelow
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
they arent gonna trade batum. they have an overload on offensive minded players. if anything they'll trade webster or rudy.

remingtonbo2001
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I'd take Rudy.

benefactor
05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
They would get rid of Outlaw before they got rid of Webster.

Bruno
05-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Your dream is my nightmare.

holcs50
05-08-2009, 06:38 PM

LMAO
The only real significant pick up you have listed is batum and that won't happen....though I like a possible Outlaw pick up at SF. The rest are just taking our euro/d-league players and hoping they can fill in spots which is risky to say the least. Mahinmi as our starting C? Let's see if he even can play in the NBA first. The best thing about your "dream" is letting go of these guys ----JV, Udoka,Bonner,Finley, KT, Oberto---. If we went into next season with your projected lineups the spurs would certainly fail.

peacemaker885
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
This may have been discussed a million times, but instead of Batum, isn't Al Harrington a free agent this season?

D-ROB 50
05-08-2009, 06:48 PM
LMAO
The only real significant pick up you have listed is batum and that won't happen....though I like a possible Outlaw pick up at SF. The rest are just taking our euro/d-league players and hoping they can fill in spots which is risky to say the least. Mahinmi as our starting C? Let's see if he even can play in the NBA first. The best thing about your "dream" is letting go of these guys ----JV, Udoka,Bonner,Finley, KT, Oberto---. If we went into next season with your projected lineups the spurs would certainly fail.

I would take an unproven Ian @ stating center over Bonner any day of the week. I also dont think that this "dream" would be worse than we had this year. The youth and athletecism alone would be an improvement.

Chieflion
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
This may have been discussed a million times, but instead of Batum, isn't Al Harrington a free agent this season?
Nah, his contract ends in 2010. Which was why the Knicks picked him up.

Rogue
05-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

This is the most realistic/possible team that would propel the Spurs back to the top along with great chemistry,character,defense,youth, attitude and the much needed athleticism.

Now If Splitter, by some dream chance came over next season, we can drop Drew Gooden.

That's kind of a good wish yet lacking in realism.

Drew won't reach an agreement with Spurs this summer. A MLE definitely isn't enough to keep the silver&black on his body, while the Spurs want to keep an entire MLE to make a shot at Bass or Warrick.

Fin and Bonner seem to be attrative enough to Blazers, and Batum is just the guy Spurs need. The only question is whether Fin will pick up another year with Spurs or choose to walk away.

ezau
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Fuck Finley, I hope he starts to realize that he'll be helping the Spurs a lot when he walks away.

SouthTexasRancher
05-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

I'd take that team for a whole season over this past season's team. We'd need to put someone other than Nicolas in the starting SF spot. I like the idea of Pops Mensa-Bonsu coming back but, didn't Toronto already pick him up? Or was it not a long term contract type of deal? We definitely could have used him vs. Dallas, rookie mistakes and all.

ducks
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
manu starts he will be hurt by nov 27

BWS-1994
05-09-2009, 02:58 AM
I think putting in Outlaw instead of Batum might be slightly more realistic.

But do the numbers work?

jason1301
05-09-2009, 06:21 AM
here is mine

Ship Mason, Bonner for Kaman and sign Dice, V-span, and keep Gooden, Fin.

Kaman/Dice
TD/Gooden
Fin/Bruce
Hill/Manu
TP/Spanoulis

Spurs_9_20_21
05-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

I like it....but my only problem is starting Ginobili, I would rather start Mason, I know Mason kinda disappeared in the Playoffs but I wouldn't risk another injury to Ginobili. And you sure have a lot of youth on there.....Gist, Hairston, Pops, Mahinmi and Batum. I wouldn't think we're getting Batum either.

Yogurt210
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Remember the topic states "healthy"

So with manu starting, he can get going earlier and wouldn't put so much pressure on him coming off the bench. He's a starter now, we cant keep forcing him to be a bench player like back in the day and rely off of him as a spark plug. We need a new spark plug.

Batum is a great defender, that's why I chose him as a Bowen replacement. Ian is a great player and wayyy better than Bonner starting at our C.

Remember Im just trying to fill in the holes of what we had in the past that worked for us.

We wouldn't really want outlaw, he's just another JUMP shooter the spurs do not need. This is possible and very realistic for NEXT season.

I would even let go of Mason, in hopes for Batum.

Yogurt210
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I'd take that team for a whole season over this past season's team. We'd need to put someone other than Nicolas in the starting SF spot. I like the idea of Pops Mensa-Bonsu coming back but, didn't Toronto already pick him up? Or was it not a long term contract type of deal? We definitely could have used him vs. Dallas, rookie mistakes and all.

Mensa-Bonsu was only inked for the year.

Yuushi12
05-09-2009, 11:27 AM
here is mine

Kaman/Dice
TD/Gooden
Fin/Bruce
Hill/Manu
TP/Spanoulis

I like this lineup but we might as well rather ship fin in the kaman deal then get gist insted then a healthy ian to play either the 2 or 1

so the lineup would be

Tp/Spanoulis
Hill/Manu
Gist/Hairston/Bruce
TD/Ian
Dice/Kaman

Or if ian doesn't get healthy, stick with gooden

Yogurt210
05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I like this lineup but we might as well rather ship fin in the kaman deal then get gist and a healthy ian to back up tim

wow, that would def. NOT help spurs.

Playing Hill at the SG still? and Kaman is sluggish as fuuh, might as well pick up marc gasol for cheaper lol. We don't need to look for more PG's we got ours already. and going for DICE is just making us older. wrong direction.

Mel_13
05-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Remember the topic states "healthy"

So with manu starting, he can get going earlier and wouldn't put so much pressure on him coming off the bench. He's a starter now, we cant keep forcing him to be a bench player like back in the day and rely off of him as a spark plug. We need a new spark plug.

Batum is a great defender, that's why I chose him as a Bowen replacement. Ian is a great player and wayyy better than Bonner starting at our C.

Remember Im just trying to fill in the holes of what we had in the past that worked for us.

We wouldn't really want outlaw, he's just another JUMP shooter the spurs do not need. This is possible and very realistic for NEXT season.

I would even let go of Mason, in hopes for Batum.

Ian has played 23 minutes in the NBA- there is no basis to assume he is a reliable NBA player, let alone "great"

It is very unrealistic and virtually impossible that the Spurs can acquire Batum in an exchange for any current supporting player on the Spurs roster. The Blazers spent 3M to acquire the 27th pick last year and then packaged the 27th and the 33rd pick to move one spot ahead of the Spurs in order to select Batum. He started 76 games next year and is under contract for the next three years at a total of 4.5M. There is absolutely no way the Blazers trade him except as part of a package to obtain an elite player.

Yogurt210
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Ian has played 23 minutes in the NBA- there is no basis to assume he is a reliable NBA player, let alone "great"

It is very unrealistic and virtually impossible that the Spurs can acquire Batum in an exchange for any current supporting player on the Spurs roster. The Blazers spent 3M to acquire the 27th pick last year and then packaged the 27th and the 33rd pick to move one spot ahead of the Spurs in order to select Batum. He started 76 games next year and is under contract for the next three years at a total of 4.5M. There is absolutely no way the Blazers trade him except as part of a package to obtain an elite player.

anything is possible, after gasol went to the lakers.
besides trading Finley for Kobe and other dumb things lol.

IAn has played 23 mins. and that alone is proven that he is better than Bonner.Why do you think we still have him? theres alot of potential in him

Mel_13
05-09-2009, 12:03 PM
anything is possible, after gasol went to the lakers.
besides trading Finley for Kobe and other dumb things lol.

IAn has played 23 mins. and that alone is proven that he is better than Bonner.Why do you think we still have him? theres alot of potential in him

possible does not equal "very realistic"

potential does not equal "great"

The scenario you present makes some very unlikely assumptions. They may come to pass, none of us knows the future. The future you see, however, is quite unrealistic based on current facts.

Mav-elous Man
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

You can't have Pops Mensah-Bonsu because I want him to come back to Dallas!!!:ihit
But it is nice to see other people have An appreciation for him. He plays hard. A little out of control at times but hard. I'll be a fan of his where ever he goes. (Preferably Dallas.)

poop
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

i would be extremely happy with this.

vander
05-09-2009, 09:04 PM
manu starts he will be hurt by nov 27

and if he comes off the bench and is limited to 15 minutes a game he'll last until Febuary 2nd

Steve-O-Matic
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

That team would be very fortunate to finish above .500.

blizz
05-10-2009, 02:12 AM
what's the big deal with this pops guy? why do ppl here get so excited over players that haven't done a damn thing? they were like this about james white and even still with ian....if these guys were so damn good...why don't they belong to a team and if they do, why don't they get playing time?

Brazil
05-10-2009, 07:48 AM

Why it would be a nightmare, I'm liking the lineups, the only thing would be putting Ian in the second lineup with gino and drew in the first.

Now we can't say realistic with Batum in a spurs jersey. It won't happen.

sonic21
05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

7th or 8th seed team

kace
05-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Why it would be a nightmare, I'm liking the lineups, the only thing would be putting Ian in the second lineup with gino and drew in the first.

Now we can't say realistic with Batum in a spurs jersey. It won't happen.

+1

7th or 8th seed team

why ? obviously, like brazil said, there's little chance to see batum as a spurs.

but hill, mason, gooden, batum, with hopefully bowen still useful as defender and mahinmi only decent, all of those would be the best supporting cast the big 3 has had.

for me, that proves a thing, we're not so far from a good team next year. The big 3 healthy being the main thing for us.

sonic21
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
why ? obviously, like brazil said, there's little chance to see batum as a spurs.

but hill, mason, gooden, batum, with hopefully bowen still useful as defender and mahinmi only decent, all of those would be the best supporting cast the big 3 has had.

for me, that proves a thing, we're not so far from a good team next year. The big 3 healthy being the main thing for us.

i agree batum would be nice, but the spurs main weakness is their bigmen rotation.
The spurs can't be contender with a PF/C rotation of Duncan, Ian, Gooden and Pops.

imo,
pops is not nba material
Ian's level=mystery
gooden= too inconsistent

JamStone
05-10-2009, 08:56 AM
While a real long shot, the suggestion to trade for Nicolas Batum is not completely unrealistic. Suggesting Bonner/Finley could get him is.

Yuushi12
05-10-2009, 09:27 AM
i dont really feel like re signing gooden. he's just not consistent but who knows? after a whole training camp..

Mal
05-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Healthy,

C- Ian Mahinmi
PF- Tim Duncan
SG- Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Bench
C - Drew Gooden
PF -Pops Mensa-Bonsu
SF -Bruce Bowen
SG -Roger Mason
PG -George Hill

Mahinmi is unknown and you want him as starting C ?
Batum is shit.
Full of unproven youngs. Tank 2009 ?

superjames1992
05-10-2009, 10:02 AM
what's the big deal with this pops guy? why do ppl here get so excited over players that haven't done a damn thing? they were like this about james white and even still with ian....if these guys were so damn good...why don't they belong to a team and if they do, why don't they get playing time?
I agree. We had that Pops guy on the team for a few days this year and he did nothing, so why do people think he's going to be the Spurs' savior all of a sudden? In Pop's eyes, Bonner, Thomas, Oberto, and Gooden were all better than him and considering how much people hate Bonner around here, why would they want a guy that is probably worse than him?

Steve-O-Matic
05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Pops has already been made a qualifying offer by Toronto so they can match any offer he gets this off-season. IOW, he's not going anywhere.

Yogurt210
05-10-2009, 01:29 PM
with the roster we have now, we are very UNlikely to make the playoffs lol. I dont know why people are saying this is a bad roster.

Brazil
05-10-2009, 06:05 PM
7th or 8th seed team

Healthy no way the big 3 let any team being 7th or 8th.

This team would be a good team with proven vets and young hungry players. IMHO this team would be there in POs to fight with good chance to win of course assuming everybody healthy and Ian being a good young rotation player. But once again Batum will stay in Portland.

sonic21
05-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Healthy no way the big 3 let any team being 7th or 8th.

This team would be a good team with proven vets and young hungry players. IMHO this team would be there in POs to fight with good chance to win of course assuming everybody healthy and Ian being a good young rotation player. But once again Batum will stay in Portland.

yeah i went too far, they'd probably finish 3rd seed but i don't think the spurs can win it all with this bigmen rotation.

BackHome
05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Mahinmi is unknown and you want him as starting C ?
Batum is shit.
Full of unproven youngs. Tank 2009 ?+1

Ok you got Ian as our starting center who has not played in what three years..NO

Then you got Hill as our backup PG even though he can't dribble or distrubute the ball..NO

ElNono
05-10-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't mind Gooden coming off the bench, but as a starting big next to Duncan we need another proven NBA caliber player. McDyes or Sheed come to mind. We need rebounding and we need a little scoring. But above all, this player needs to be a decent defender.

mosdef17
05-10-2009, 11:05 PM
All this talk about Batum sucks because in last years draft we were going to pick him in the first round and try get George Hill early in the 2nd round but the very last pick before ours, the Rockets picked him and then traded him to Portland, I remember being shattered when I heard Batums name being called. We could have had both George Hill and Batum.

By the way, why does everyone want Gooden on the team? He won't play for anything less then the full MLE and I think we can do better with that money... Goodens defense is horrible, I like how he can put up points in a hurry but his defense is pretty horrible.

sabar
05-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice 45 win team. A bunch of unproven young guys is not better than what we have.

jason1301
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
here is mine

Kaman/Dice
TD/Gooden
Fin/Bruce
Hill/Manu
TP/Spanoulis

according to reports from Greece Bourousis has an offer from the Spurs, and Batum claims RC told him he ll be a spurs soon so...

Dice/Bourousis/Ian
TD/Gooden
Batum/Bruce
Mason/Manu
TP/Hill

Fin retires, ship Bonner, KT and Oberto for batum... sweet!!!

its very realistic!!!!!

ok, not so but if we get Batum, Bourousis, and Dice without sacrificing much I will sh1t my pants.

Yogurt210
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
im telling you guys, its gunna happen!

*crosses Fingers*

Ditty
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
my dream lineup:
c:Wallace
pf:duncan
sf:ariza
sg:mason
pg:parker