PDA

View Full Version : Germany to ban paintball after massacre

braeden0613
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm sure this will solve all their problems.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/08/germany-paintball-school-massacre
German government under pressure on gun laws after shooting in which 15 died

The German government is planning to ban paintball and laser shooting games in reaction to the recent school massacre in which 15 people died.

Under legislation agreed by the ruling coalition of the chancellor, Angela Luck_The_Fakers_Merkel, using air rifles to shoot paint-filled pellets at opponents is likely to be made illegal, and would be punishable with fines of up to €5,000 (£4,480).

The decision, which is expected to be fast-tracked through the Bundestag before the summer recess, comes two months after 17-year-old Tim Kretschmar shot dead 15 people at his former school in Winnenden, south-west Germany, with a weapon he had taken from his father's bedroom. Kretschmar's love of paintball as well as violent video and computer games was widely publicised.

The government has found itself under pressure to tighten gun laws in Germany in what has become one of the main issues before a general election in September.

"This so-called game plays down violence, leading to the danger that people have fewer inhibitions about shooting each other," said Dieter Wiefelsputz, of the Social Democrats.

Owners of paintball arenas, which are already out of bounds for under-18s, said they felt they were easy targets in what opposition politicians have referred to as "populistic placebo politics".

Arne Petry, spokesman for the German Paintball League, said: "Paintball is not about simulating bloodbaths – the most you're going to end up with is a bruise or two."

The owner of one of Germany's largest paintball halls, north-west of Berlin, said he thought the ban ironic, not least because "many of my customers are government workers". He said he counted bank managers, firefighters, police and even security guards from Merkel's chancellery among his regular customers.

"They come here after their shifts to let off steam and stay for several hours at a time," he said, requesting anonymity.

The new law is also expected to forbid under-18s access to high-calibre guns and to make it easier for police to carry out random controls at the homes of registered gun owners.

Claudia Roth, head of the Green party, said that while she was no fan of paintball, the government's plan to ban it was hypocritical and amounted to a "cowardly concession to the gun lobby".

"They should instead be banning high-calibre weapons," she said.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Ridiculous!

but :lmao @
Under legislation agreed by the ruling coalition of the chancellor, Angela Luck_The_Fakers_Merkel, using air rifles to shoot paint-filled pellets at opponents is likely to be made illegal, and would be punishable with fines of up to €5,000 (£4,480).

braeden0613
05-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Ridiculous!

but :lmao @
yeah why did that even happen...Elliott wasn't spelled wrong or anything :lol

Cry Havoc
05-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Ahhhhhh, brash, over-reactionary politics.

Bender
05-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Ahhhhhh, brash, over-reactionary politics.

It's the same most everywhere.

doesn't britain ban toy guns? even pictures of guns? and possibly even using your hand in the shape of a gun...

Some states in the USA might ban toy guns also.

Winehole23
05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
De-Nazification can go too far.

FaithInOne
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Good Call Germany.

You mf'ers take everything to the extreme..German Engineering, Genocide; nip this in the butt.

SnakeBoy
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Don't paintball guns use CO2? Maybe they're just saving the planet.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2009, 01:04 AM

For every paintball gun they ban I'm going to eat a can of beans.

I can only imagine how violence in our collective societies will "disappear" when they eventually ban every single physical or emotional outlet citizens have.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2009, 01:16 AM
thispego almost got his adam's apple shattered by an errant paintball one time

braeden0613
05-09-2009, 01:31 AM
For every paintball gun they ban I'm going to eat a can of beans.

I can only imagine how violence in our collective societies will "disappear" when they eventually ban every single physical or emotional outlet citizens have.
:lol No kidding. I wonder what German people think of this?

Cane
05-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Considering they were Nazis not too long ago that cremated millions of human beings, its pretty understandable to me how fucked up Germany and really the rest of Europe's politics are.

You can't even play some of the best fucking video games in the fatherland because of WW2.

Bender
05-09-2009, 02:59 PM

that's a good point.

Bukefal
05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
good, ban everything gun and what looks like a gun.

FaithInOne
05-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Just because you Macedonians haven't made the jump from swords yet...

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 03:41 PM
In related news, Amazon is haveing an awesome sale (http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=3395161) on airguns and paintball guns.

Go get'em.

LnGrrrR
05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Fucking retarded, Germany. Did he kill them with a paintball gun? :p

I like ice cream... better outlaw that if I go crazy and kill someone. Moronic law.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Fucking retarded, Germany. Did he kill them with a paintball gun? :p

I like ice cream... better outlaw that if I go crazy and kill someone. Moronic law.
Don't worry, Liberals are hoping to bring that crap here.

FaithInOne
05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
There pretty much is a self-inflicted ammo ban in the U.S. right now.

Winehole23
05-10-2009, 01:51 PM
There pretty much is a self-inflicted ammo ban in the U.S. right now.Biased. The market surged in response to Obama. That's a good thing, right?

Wild Cobra
05-10-2009, 03:47 PM
That's got to be it. Afraid of the greenhouse gas emission! I know they aren't so stupid as to take away toys for no reason.

Wild Cobra
05-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Don't worry, Liberals are hoping to bring that crap here.
I was thinking the same thing. How long until our democrats propose such a law?

FaithInOne
05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Biased. The market surged in response to Obama. That's a good thing, right?

haha touche my good man. Obama has done wonders for the gun shops/sporting good stores/CCW Instructors/and so many others.

So many beneficiaries of the free market becoming filthy rich on gunbroker.com right now :lol