PDA

View Full Version : Salim Stoudamire

Jimcs50
03-25-2005, 07:59 AM
is going to be the best shooter in NBA history. Whoever drafts him will automatically have a shot at the playoffs. The dude has icewater in his veins. He told everyone that it was his shot to win the game last night in Chicago and damned if he did not rip the net, even with 4 hands in his face to give Zona a win over Ok St. My man Lucas had a chance to win, but his shot from the corner was a tad long..... :depressed

ducks
03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12565
I was told my someone here the spurs should not get him though because he was 6 feet :rolleyes

ducks
03-25-2005, 08:35 AM
I wonder how much his stock rose after he hit that shot!

JMarkJohns
03-28-2005, 04:16 AM
I'm from Arizona, live and breathe Arizona. My home is GOAZCATS.com

Salim is a great college shooter, but he is very limited in other areas of offense. He can drive, but goes to his left, DOMINANTLY...

His handles are mediocre at best and he is NOT a PG.

By NBA standards, Deron Williams is midlevel and best and he shut Salim down.

Imagine the troulble Salim will have vs. 6-5/6-7 guards with elite-level athletisism.

He will always hit the open jumper, but his three can tend to come and go. Even this season, some game 4-6, other 2-5, other 5-8, other 2-6...it all added up to a great percentage, but it was still pretty inconsistant.

I do believe Salim will catch on the League. A team like the Spurs or Heat (of their pick doesn't go the the Lakers) would be wise to take a flyer on him, for with a dominant post game creating shots for him, Salim can definately succeed.

I figure at best Salim will be drafted 24-30, most likely 28-35.