PDA

View Full Version : It is Clear Who are the Favored Darlings of the League...

jmanu20
05-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Artest actually made some contact with the ball......Gasol gets RIGHT UP....and that's a flagrant 2?!

Vujacic fouled Wafer much harder....and although that wasn't quite a flagrant either....that looked MUCH WORSE....

Ghazi
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
series is 2-1 Lakers regardless of Artest ejections.

2006 Finals were rigged.

Amaso
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
That wasn't even a flagrant 1, and I'm assuming they will downgrade it after the game. IF the game was close at the time during the foul, then there wouldn't have been a flagrant call.

sook
05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
lol no officating complaints please. Pis piss piss poor performance. Played as bad as possible much like the lakers in game 1

RsxPiimp
05-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Vujacic fouled Wafer much harder....and although that wasn't quite a flagrant either....that looked MUCH WORSE....

i hate vujabitch, but that should've been an offensive on von wafer.

j-money24
05-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Artest actually made some contact with the ball......Gasol gets RIGHT UP....and that's a flagrant 2?!

Here let me go get you some tissue paper.

LakerHater
05-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Merge
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125763

jmanu20
05-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Here let me go get you some tissue paper.

Whatever dude....just pointing out the inconsistencies of flagrant foul calling in the playoffs.

Calls aside.....the Rockets played a crappy 2nd half....Artest started taking ill-advised 3s and the ball wasn't getting into Yao. And Farmar filled in nicely for Fisher.....PJ would be wise to keep him in the starting lineup.

KSeal
05-08-2009, 11:35 PM
If this play happened in the first half, it would be a huge story, but it happened when the game was 100% over and decided, so it's really a moot point to bitch as if this was to help the Lakers win.

iggypop123
05-08-2009, 11:38 PM
no big deal the nba will correct the call artest is safe for game 4

kydrice
05-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Yes I agree that F2 was definitely not necessary but are you actually calling Vujacic's foul on Wafer worse? you're nuts. Wafer threw himself at Vujacic and he jumped sideways without even in a shooting motion since his arms were directed downwards. He flopped it and the refs ate it up. You're hella funny, call one play bad officiating which was true then run to another bad call that went Houston's way and said it was good. You're too much.:lmao

TDomination
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
If this play happened in the first half, it would be a huge story, but it happened when the game was 100% over and decided, so it's really a moot point to bitch as if this was to help the Lakers win.

It shouldnt matter if it was decided already. Flagrants need to be called consistently depending on how hard the foul was, not when and who committed the foul.

Can you imagine the uproar if the same exact foul was committed but it was a tie ball-game at the time.

So just because it had no impact on the game (score-wise), does not give the refs the right to do as they please.

jmanu20
05-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Yes I agree that F2 was definitely not necessary but are you actually calling Vujacic's foul on Wafer worse? you're nuts. Wafer threw himself at Vujacic and he jumped sideways without even in a shooting motion since his arms were directed downwards. He flopped it and the refs ate it up. You're hella funny, call one play bad officiating which was true then run to another bad call that went Houston's way and said it was good. You're too much.:lmao

The Wafer/Vujacic play was close. I see where some could call that an offensive foul on Wafer as he put his body into Vujacic, but Vujacic made a lot of contact as well.

sook
05-08-2009, 11:44 PM

It is more of an ideological issue. When a player gets ejected 2 straight games for what should have easily been a T and PF respectively.

Something is wrong.

sook
05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Yes. I hoep he doesn't though. I want this league to be exposed, they will retract it but it shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-08-2009, 11:49 PM
what's the big deal...the game was out of reach anyways

sook
05-08-2009, 11:51 PM
what's the big deal...the game was out of reach anyways

This has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. It has to do with the fact that our player is being disrespected in so many ways. For such small things he is being EJECTED from a game. An ejection is serious, if you commit 2 Ts your out. And a silly foul like that?

If this was the first game we would have ebeen like wtf? But it has happened twice in a row.

DrHouse
05-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Ron Artest has a reputation because he was directly responsible for the worst display of violence the NBA has ever seen.

Rocket fan needs to understand this. Ron Artest will get ZERO slack for what he did in DET. In fact Ron might get negative slack. If he wants to play in this league and not get penalized he will have to be on good behavior x10.

sook
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Dude house shutup. Kobe raped a women and disrespected the laker's organization countless times. Talk about 2 faced hypocrisy.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
This has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. It has to do with the fact that our player is being disrespected in so many ways. For such small things he is being EJECTED from a game. An ejection is serious, if you commit 2 Ts your out. And a silly foul like that?

If this was the first game we would have ebeen like wtf? But it has happened twice in a row.

In my opinion:
1. That was a clean foul IMO, he was looking at the ball and was going for the ball.

2. The refs call flagrants for the way players fall not the actual good foul. Anything to win, It was a good hard foul.

...but this is what happens when you punch nba fans in the stands....that NEVER fades from memory....so if anything.....he'd be the first to kick out

sook
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
you're right. Kobe rapes a women. Demands a trade. So much more bullshit i can't even name. But thts ok? Right.

DrHouse
05-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Whatever Kobe has done has been OFF THE COURT.

What Ron did in IND disgraced the league directly. The bottom line is Ron's flagrant will be rescinded and none of it mattered because the game was over by that time anyways.

Indazone
05-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Rockets laid an egg tonight. No excuses.

cobbler
05-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Artest's foul was NOT flagrant in any way. Neither was Sashas. In fact... you could easily argue that Sashas wasnt a foul at all. Offensive on Wafer. If Wafer doesnt jump into Sasha... he doest get hit.

Nothing more to say about any of it.

Bring on game 4....

lefty
05-09-2009, 12:51 AM
As musch as I hate the Lakers, you CAN'T blame the refs !!!!!

Rockets beat themselves, too many stupid TO's

Remember, I told you guys that the worst things the Rockets could do is being overexcited for game 3

I was right

ElNono
05-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Too many turnovers did them in...

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Rockets 17 TO's to the Lakers 6 TO's.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Rockets had 16 assists, 17 turnovers. No wonder they lost!