PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ nba

sook
05-08-2009, 11:20 PM
They eject ron artest 2 straight games? LMFAO

This is bullshit. Not that it efffected the game , but you gotta feel bad for the guy, he didn't even complain :lol

sook
05-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Rondo gets awayh with 10x worse stuff and doesn't even get a flagrant :lmao

Roxsfan
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
that was kind of bs imo.

Rogue
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Nba = wwe

Ghazi
05-08-2009, 11:23 PM
2006 Finals were rigged

sook
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
kind of?

Btw nice class by Kobe. He even called it and said that was just 2 FTs

IronMexican
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Turrible call

KSeal
05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Horrible call but the game was over anyways so whatever. It just goes to show how much someones reputation plays into things, sucks for Ron.

GSH
05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Artest not only made a play at the ball, he hit the ball. He didn't follow through and drive Gasol to the floor. Absolute horseshit call. I'm sick of watching it.

LakerHater
05-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Bad call!
Again the refs fucked up!!
Was just a good, hard foul!
Gettin tired of the league kiss in up to the flakers!!

sook
05-08-2009, 11:28 PM
yup 16 TOs..

you don't win games like that . We could have easilty won this game if rick would have jsut made adjustments

Ghazi
05-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Not Rick's fault the Lakers were making fluke shots and the Rockets were turning the ball over.

TDomination
05-08-2009, 11:30 PM
you know what would be funny, if they suspended him for game 4. lol

silverspur50
05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
That was NOT a flagrant foul....it was just a good old fashioned hard foul!:rolleyes

Spur-Addict
05-08-2009, 11:33 PM
2006 Finals were rigged

:lol

Somehow I seen this one coming. That made it funny.

tomtom
Rondo gets awayh with 10x worse stuff and doesn't even get a flagrant :lmao

my thoughts exactly...

sook
I need another good laugh. Please suspend him for next game :rolling

iggypop123
05-08-2009, 11:39 PM
rondo must be dating stu jacksons slut daughter to get those benefits

nhan
05-08-2009, 11:40 PM
The NBA has become so pussy...a slight body contact and its a flagrant...

I mean, if the NBA wants to be pussy, at least be consistent. Wow. Rajon Rondo knocking out Brad Miller's tooth when he clearly wasnt going for the ball isn't a flagrant. But this is? I don't think I can watch anymore of these playoffs. This has been the worst officiated playoffs in the history of basketball. It doesn't matter when this call was made. You don't eject someone just because the game was "over".

SouthTexasRancher
05-08-2009, 11:40 PM
They eject ron artest 2 straight games? LMFAO

This is bullshit. Not that it efffected the game , but you gotta feel bad for the guy, he didn't even complain :lol

It is time for all good men to arm themselves to the teeth with water pistols & spitballs and storm the NBA offices and force David 'Hitler' Stern to finally, once and for all, get some f'ing refs who know what the hell they are doing and that are not on the take under the table. The NBA used to have good, honest refs (back when there were only 2 on the court ref'ing a game) who really called the game fairly. Tough but fair, unlike what we see today with several bad apples.

sook
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I find this soooooo funnniii

Adelman you pussy call them the fuck out. He said he didn't know because he didn't want to be fined.

PUSSY

Allanon
05-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Turrible, Turrible call.

I'm sure the league will rescind that one after they review the play. It was a reputation call.

sook
05-08-2009, 11:54 PM
What they need to do is apologize for letting past actions cloud their judgement. Artest is a made man now. He is above all that but they treat him the same fucking way! :(

hhml
05-09-2009, 12:04 AM
The NBA is atrocious. That flagrant 2 on Artest was ridiculous. Pau's awkward hard fall made it seem like a flagrant when it clearly was not. They miss so many blatant calls that really makes people question whether NBA is rigged or not. And that call on Sasha was terrible as well. Von jumped into him and initiated all the contact. Should've been an offensive foul but because of the way he fell they felt obligated to call a foul on Sasha or risk the wrath of the crowd.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
What they need to do is apologize for letting past actions cloud their judgement. Artest is a made man now. He is above all that but they treat him the same fucking way! :(

I agree, he's been trying real hard to be mature. Doesn't even seem like Artest out there any more until you watch the post-game interviews.

He's still stuck with that old reputation.

I think this will be the last really bad call on him this year, I think they know now he's just out there to play.

DrHouse
05-09-2009, 12:06 AM
It's funny that Spur fan now thinks the NBA is pussy after the Rockets lose. But when the Lakers were losing the NBA was fine and the Lakers were at fault.

Classic.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Ironically it's Kobe on the post game interview that's arguing for leniency on him. :rolleyes

sook
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Ironically it's Kobe on the post game interview that's arguing for leniency on him. :rolleyes

Its not a surprise. Class move by Kobe, he is just speaking the truth. Goto lakersground.net, even they are.

TheMACHINE
05-09-2009, 12:31 AM
It kind of reminded me of the Ariza foul on Fernandez...Gasol fell for awkwardly. The initial hit wasnt that bad.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 12:39 AM
it's funny that spur fan now thinks the nba is pussy after the rockets lose. But when the lakers were losing the nba was fine and the lakers were at fault.

Classic.

+1

Rogue
05-09-2009, 12:44 AM
People feel jealous of LA's prosperity, so everyone except the officials want Lakers to lose.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2009, 12:57 AM
You know, I've gotta give Lakers fans their props. They've been pretty good about this game.

I mean, if they hadn't won, it'd be interesting to see what their attitude on it was, or if the series goes 2-2 back to L.A. But at least they're being decent sports about this.

lefty
05-09-2009, 01:00 AM
The NBA's slow death started in 1984 when a certain David J.Stern took over as commish.

Didn't wait too long to commit his 1st crime : force a game 7 with shitty calls in game 6 during the 1984 NBA Finals; good thing the best team won.

Medvedenko
05-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Good hard foul by artest. I like it...just like the Fisher hit.

VI_Massive
05-09-2009, 02:16 AM
I thought it was completely bizarre. Its not like the game was chippy and getting out of hand or anything. Everyone was pretty much on their best behavior. I thought they were calling it a flagrant 2 just so they could review it on video, but nope.

Just totally bizarre.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Just an update that I read on some other forum.

The refs explained the foul to Ron afterwards and said they were just trying to control the end of the game.

They didn't want anything else to happen and escalate in a game that was pretty much decided.

Artest is cool with it.

I'm sure the league will retract the flagrant two and make it just a common foul.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Just an update that I read on some other forum.

The refs explained the foul to Ron afterwards and said they were just trying to control the end of the game.

They didn't want anything else to happen and escalate in a game that was pretty much decided.

Artest is cool with it.

I'm sure the league will retract the flagrant two and make it just a common foul.

That's ridiculous. The refs need to call fouls to control a game, because they're scared a fight might break out?

So we're going to call games based on what MIGHT happen now? If officials REALLY have control of a game they don't need to do anything extravagant like make a regular foul an F2.

I guess if Artest is okay with it, it's cool, but that just seems like a cop out by referees who have no idea how to handle the game situation.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 02:43 AM
That's ridiculous. The refs need to call fouls to control a game, because they're scared a fight might break out?

So we're going to call games based on what MIGHT happen now? If officials REALLY have control of a game they don't need to do anything extravagant like make a regular foul an F2.

I guess if Artest is okay with it, it's cool, but that just seems like a cop out by referees who have no idea how to handle the game situation.

After Game 2, I think they're just trigger happy and quick with calls.

The game was over and there was a hard foul. Lakers might have retaliated with a hard foul of their own and start a fight.

No harm in my opinion in basically throwing the towel in on the game and get the starters off the court.

IronMexican
05-09-2009, 02:59 AM
It kind of reminded me of the Ariza foul on Fernandez...Gasol fell for awkwardly. The initial hit wasnt that bad.

Baddest fucking sig ever!

Nahtanoj
05-09-2009, 03:05 AM

It didn't look pretty watching live (the way he fell), and exacerbated because Gasol is an awkward lanky 7 footer - however it was nothing but a good hard foul to stop the dunk. Two free throws, we move on.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Baddest fucking sig ever!

Wow, I just saw that too.

Machine, is that an official NBA one or fan-made? Gotta be NBA cuz that's slick.

IronMexican
05-09-2009, 03:08 AM
It's the NBA's, cause it's on they're Youtube page! NBA better air that soon.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 03:09 AM
It's the NBA's, cause it's on they're Youtube page! NBA better air that soon.

Thanks for the info man.

"Epic" can't even adequately describe that game.

Ice009
05-09-2009, 03:10 AM
kind of?

Btw nice class by Kobe. He even called it and said that was just 2 FTs

Just like Kobe said at the end of game 4 in San Antonio that is was not a foul on Derek Fisher in the post game interview, then later said it was a foul? Yeah Kobe sure does call it straight.

baseline bum
05-09-2009, 04:26 AM
That is an incredible video, MACHINE. That's gotta be my favorite Laker game of all-time (at least, Laker game not involving a Spurs win :lol ).

Mal
05-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Its not a surprise. Class move by Kobe, he is just speaking the truth. Goto lakersground.net, even they are.

Because they have won ....

If Rockets won and Artest play I doubt they don`t want him out of the game.

baseline bum
05-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Here's the one they did for the ECF:

WNyw8jUo1cA

I can't wait to see which one they do for the Finals: my best guesses (in order)
1) Jordan over Russell in Game 6 of 98
2) Magic skyhook over McHale game 4 of 87
3) Gerald Henderson steal and layup in game 2 of 84
4) Kareem skyhook at the buzzer in game 6 of 74