PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous...

exstatic
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
This ticky tacky flagrant and suspension mode this year is going to backfire on the league. That was a clean hard foul by Artest with an obvious play on the ball.

What is going to happen is players are going to think "I'm probably going to get tossed or even suspended for any hard foul, so let's put someone out and get my money's worth".

Findog
05-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah, by the letter of the law, it's an F1 at most.

jmanu20
05-08-2009, 11:30 PM
If that's a F1 by Artest on Gasol, then Vujacic's foul on Wafer is a F2.

Ghazi
05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Wafer initiated the contact

iggypop123
05-08-2009, 11:37 PM
thats why the nba reviews the plays to reduce the flagrant points. they all add up so demotions count

JamStone
05-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Kobe and most Laker fans even agree it wasn't a flagrant.

The only explanation I can think of for even remotely justifying it is that the officials were doing it as a measure to prevent any potential for confrontation or fighting, considering time and score and the game was basically over and they just wanted to make sure nothing crazy happened. But, even that's a lame excuse.

TheMACHINE
05-09-2009, 12:13 AM
If that's a F1 by Artest on Gasol, then Vujacic's foul on Wafer is a F2.

artest fould is a F1 at most. Wafer was an offensive foul

Spursfan092120
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with Laker fan on one thing. The Wafer foul was completely initiated by Wafer. Vujacic was going for the block..Wafer jumped into him.

cobbler
05-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Not at all a flagrant... And Sasaha's was an offensive foul on Wafer but they rarely get those calls in that situation. If Wafer doesnt jump into Sasha then Sasha either blocks it or flys by with little or no contactl.

Artests flagrant should be recinded.

exstatic
05-09-2009, 12:45 AM
The thing is, you can rescind flagrant points, but you can't undo the ejection that goes with an F2. What if this had been in the second quarter and the Rox were without him for the rest of the game?

JamStone
05-09-2009, 12:48 AM
The thing is, you can rescind flagrant points, but you can't undo the ejection that goes with an F2. What if this had been in the second quarter and the Rox were without him for the rest of the game?

I think the time and score is the only reason it was called a flagrant 2, because the game was over, and they were trying to make sure nothing else got started. I don't think that same exact play is called a flagrant 2 if it happens in the second quarter.

lefty
05-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Fuck Adelman for playing Wafer

Fuck fuck fuck

RedsLakers24
05-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah every laker fan is saying it was not a flagrant just a hard foul

NBA Junkie
05-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Because it was Ron Artest, it was ruled a flagrant foul.

The call was based on reputation. Simple as that.

mouse
05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Isn't this the playoffs? second round at that.... Your supposed to play hard and the refs are supposed to back off or maybe give out a verbal warning or two to the player and coach.

Could you imagine how long Dennis Rodman would last in these playoffs?

Bring back the 80s

http://www.kurtrambis.com/bwface.jpg

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-09-2009, 09:50 AM
That wasn't a Flagrant 2 or 1. I even think Battier foul Gasol first. He was the one that sort of grab Gasol. Artest then foul him, but it was a good hard foul. Wafer's foul shouldve been an offensive foul. Not only did Wafer jumped into Vujabrick, he jumped sideways. LOL . Adelman should bench Wafer for the next game or just tell him to stay in the shower.

exstatic
05-09-2009, 10:02 AM
I think the time and score is the only reason it was called a flagrant 2, because the game was over, and they were trying to make sure nothing else got started. I don't think that same exact play is called a flagrant 2 if it happens in the second quarter.

See, that's horseshit too. It's either an F2 or it isn't. Time and score should have nothing to do with it.

Yet another piece of NBA bullshittery.

When everything becomes a capital offense, you might as well commit the big crime.

JamStone
05-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't agree with that either. I just think that was the thought process behind it.

DrHouse
05-09-2009, 10:43 AM
It's funny how now all of a sudden Spur fan agrees with Laker fan that the flagrant fouls and suspensions are out of hand and that the NBA is becoming too pussified.

I wonder why that change occurred, oh yea because it was the ROCKET players that got ejected and not Fisher or Bryant.

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2009, 10:54 AM
vanessa bryant is right.

JamStone
05-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Derek Fisher deserved his flagrant foul. Artest did not deserve a flagrant foul.

TheManFromAcme
05-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Definitely not a flagrant on Artest. HOWEVER. This just goes to prove what having the attitude and temper that Ron-Ron has gets you. The guy is a ticking time bomb and although he has been rather "quiet" in Houston, one needs not to look back that long ago and see what this clown is capable of doing. Is it fair that his pedigree is frowned upon with such bias? Probably not but Artest is not right in the head on so many levels. His reputation should be factored in. Many of you in here label Kobe a douche-bag, a$$hole, prick and so on for being "dirty" Let's say for arguments sake he is. And? Money says The Kobester isn't going into the stands and laying a right hook on someone. Ron-Ron will forever be looked at under the microscope and with high scrutiny. You ask; What does this have to do with the foul on Gasol? It's simple. It's what he's capable of doing that is always going to get him in trouble. Sorry Ron-Ron but you deserve it. :nope

mavs>spurs2
05-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Wasn't even a hard foul