PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Laid an Egg

Indazone
05-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Typical Rockets. If nothing else has defined their season it's games like this. If not for the turnovers, and the bricked shots, this game was easily under control and winnable. We have had games like this all season long. Losing to the Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers, etc. Usually coming back strong after a loss but very inconsistent. It's like the Jekyll and Hyde team. You never know which team is going to show up. This is not the 22 win team of last year. I don't know what happened but this much I can say. Nobody got the ball into Yao in the low post as well as Rafer Alston could. Say whatever you want about the man. His horrible three point teardrops, his trash talking but when it was time to play Rafer showed up. He got the ball where it needed to be and the offense flowed. This year I think the problem is that we have two or three black holes in Artest, Brooks and Wafer. Ball goes in and doesn't come out. Well at least with Brooks, he can pass but he still doesn't make good decisions.

Either our guards start playing smarter or we need new guards. Adleman needs to go with the battle tested Brent Barry. At least he won't turn the ball over like Brooks and he'll look to pass instead of jack up numerous shots like Wafer. Artest we just have to deal with his streak shooting.

This offseason, we have got to get a new point guard and back up center for Yao. Morey traded Alston mid season because he said we were good but not elite yet so his solution was to trade Rafer mid season to prepare trading chips for the future. Yao was furious about this trade saying he already traded away our present season because he didn't believe the Rockets could win. Fine Daryl but you better have some damn good chips up your sleeve in the offseason.

TheMACHINE
05-09-2009, 12:33 AM
sheesh..you only got 2 losses man.

Indazone
05-09-2009, 12:36 AM
oh it'll be a tough series alright. We might even miraculously pull it out even. But I hate watching shitty basketball. The Rockets weaknesses are right there in the open for everyone to see.

Ghazi
05-09-2009, 12:37 AM
I mean come on, what were you guys expecting. We have the best player on the planet.

No, you don't.

Rogue
05-09-2009, 12:41 AM
http://www.farmland-thegame.eu/images/animals/Laying-hens-pict-2.jpg

Rockets

lefty
05-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I mean come on, what were you guys expecting. We have the best player on the planet.
:lmao

ElNono
05-09-2009, 01:00 AM
You could argue the Lakers defense forced some turnovers... but a whole lot were plain poor decisions and careless passes. The other problem is no execution. When they were struggling to score, everyone kept on chucking, instead of calling and running a play.

lefty
05-09-2009, 01:01 AM
you could argue the lakers defense forced some turnovers... But a whole lot were plain poor decisions and careless passes. The other problem is no execution. When they were struggling to score, everyone kept on chucking, instead of calling and running a play.

+245000

KSeal
05-09-2009, 01:35 AM
The Lakers controlled the tempo, forced a lot of turnovers and shut Houston down in that 3rd quarter in particular. This was a lot like game one, the road team got control of the game early and no matter how close the other team got to getting the lead they could never get over the hump. Big victory for the Lakers tonight, we'll see how both teams come out on Sunday. Go Lakers Go!

Allanon
05-09-2009, 01:55 AM
The Lakers controlled the tempo

This is it. The young Rockets (Lowry, Brooks and even some of the Bigs) got sucked into the Lakers run and gun.

If the Lakers score in the 100's again, it will be another loss for the Rockets.

VI_Massive
05-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Artest's three point shooting finally came back to earth. No way he was going to be that effective over the long run. Without that, the Rockets need to find other ways to score -- getting it to Yao more with better position and maybe going back to the Brooks-Lowry backcourt to reduce turnovers and attack LA off the dribble.

benefactor
05-09-2009, 07:53 AM
The third quarter for Houston was one of the worst offensive displays I have ever seen. Careless turnovers, bad shots.......and more bad shots. Houston outrebounded LA 56-43 and still lost. That is just pitiful.

Indazone
05-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Brooks. He only had 3 of the 17 today and 2 of the 19 in Game 2. Dude can't pass the ball either and is a turnover machine. He got to go in the offseason or be happy to be a bench player.

Von Wafer - trade bait, I'd rather give James White more run in our offense next year to see what the number 2 scorer of the D-League can do. Screw Von Wafer. Chucker!

Artest- at least he plays tough defense and he hasn't been 100 percent all year and is playing on a bad ankle. He is a streaky shooter and he needs to realize there are days he won't shoot well and should just pass the ball off. You have to take the good with the bad with Artest

Overall - This one's on you Adleman. You should realize who's chucking, who's not playing well and substitute. So far you are an idiot for not knowing who to ride that has the hot hand "LANDRY". Also, why have you left veteran Brent Barry on the pine this entire series? Are you crazy?

yessirrr

Rockets laid a big egg and it cracked!

http://allergyadvisor.com/Educational/images/Egg%20and%20Shell.jpg

Rogue
05-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Brooks. He only had 3 of the 17 today and 2 of the 19 in Game 2. Dude can't pass the ball either and is a turnover machine. He got to go in the offseason or be happy to be a bench player.

Von Wafer - trade bait, I'd rather give James White more run in our offense next year to see what the number 2 scorer of the D-League can do. Screw Von Wafer. Chucker!

Artest- at least he plays tough defense and he hasn't been 100 percent all year and is playing on a bad ankle. He is a streaky shooter and he needs to realize there are days he won't shoot well and should just pass the ball off. You have to take the good with the bad with Artest

Overall - This one's on you Adleman. You should realize who's chucking, who's not playing well and substitute. So far you are an idiot for not knowing who to ride that has the hot hand "LANDRY". Also, why have you left veteran Brent Barry on the pine this entire series? Are you crazy?

yessirrr

Rockets laid a big egg and it cracked!

Usted está retrasado, el Brooks es, sin duda, una mejor jugador de Yao, que es simplemente un pedazo de mierda. Yao no puede ni siquiera tomar el pase de John Stockton, que es el líder en la ayuda de todos los tiempos. Usted no puede pasar el balón a un chump, sabes.
:hat

Indazone
05-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Adleman Post Game Interview

QV_jXj3Gj3g

Artest Post Game Interview

uN10Omk3mWM

No Layups!

http://vimeo.com/4557582