mob
05-09-2009, 03:43 AM
awesome song

old though

CubanSucks
05-09-2009, 03:23 PM
awesome song

old though

I wouldn't know. All I know about modern music is through the radio and I'm starting to hear this song on a lot for the first time so I figured it was pretty new

FaithInOne
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Great sound but it just repeats the same line over and over.

Jekka
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't know. All I know about modern music is through the radio and I'm starting to hear this song on a lot for the first time so I figured it was pretty new

Yet you felt you knew what constituted the best hip hop song in a long while? I'm far from a hip hop head but I know more than enough to know what is played on the radio is never the best of any genre.

~Manny

I forgot to log Jess out

DannyT
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Yet you felt you knew what constituted the best hip hop song in a long while? I'm far from a hip hop head but I know more than enough to know what is played on the radio is never the best of any genre.

~Manny

I forgot to log Jess out

I'll log her out for you...

CubanSucks
05-09-2009, 05:18 PM

~Manny

I forgot to log Jess out

Well when the main stream is lil wayne and soulja boy then it's not hard to constitute what the best is. And that is exactly what i'm comparing it to is this new generation of shit rappers so chill the fuck out. And nice try saying the radio never plays the best of any genre cause I hear my favorite rock songs on all the time and I actually DO know quite a lot about what constitutes the best rock so fuck off in that argument.

koriwhat
05-09-2009, 05:30 PM
cubes... people just wanna be dicks. the internet, welcome to it.

LnGrrrR
05-09-2009, 07:08 PM
cubes... people just wanna be dicks. the internet, welcome to it.

I heard a rap song on the radio the other day that referenced a ton of metal bands... anyone heard this? I was trying to look it up and found info about Ill Bill and Necro, but none of the songs I heard by them sounded like this. Hoping I get to hear it again.

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
That song blows, it's a speech with shitty music in the background

Spur-Addict
05-10-2009, 02:08 AM
I heard a rap song on the radio the other day that referenced a ton of metal bands... anyone heard this? I was trying to look it up and found info about Ill Bill and Necro, but none of the songs I heard by them sounded like this. Hoping I get to hear it again.

You're going to have to narrow that down.

sa_kid20
05-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Good suff right here

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/acromic22/blu-exile-below-the-heavens.jpg

Kori Ellis
05-10-2009, 02:46 AM
:lol The song posted by the original poster is one that I make fun of on the radio all the time. It's like they took some random guy off the street who couldn't rhyme at all and gave him a mic.

baseline bum
05-10-2009, 03:02 AM
That song fucking sucks. It's not rap; it's some pussy whining over a shitty repetitive beat. Your posts are way less offensive to rap fans when you trash the art form than when you put garbage like this on a pedestal and tell us we should like it.

baseline bum
05-10-2009, 03:04 AM
I gotta post a real rap song on here to cover up the stench of that first piece of shit.

JXBFG2vsyCM

Rip-Hamilton32
05-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Kid Cudi is a joke and only gets played because Kanye produces his shit

resistanze
05-10-2009, 10:53 AM
LMAO Kid Cudi. Dude is whack as fuck.

timvp
05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah that's one of the worst songs in any genre I've ever heard. It's basically a horribly executed attempt at a crossover from rap to some emo wrist cutter ish.

CuckingFunt
05-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Doesn't sound like hip hop to me. At all.

Incidentally, I've heard this song before on commercials or something and actually thought it was vaguely catchy in 30 second increments. Finally listened to the whole thing a few minutes ago, though, and... not so much.

InRareForm
05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
that is probably one of the few radio hit songs that i truly enjoy. It is not garbage. THe beat is insane. Can't deny that. Now for kid cudi being a rapper, yes he is terrible and below average. song writer, he is actually is not that bad. I don't think it is truly hip hop, but it is a good song.

this song that he does called man on the moon is much better in my opinion. TOo much of you guys play the label game. your backpack strings are on a little too tight, true hip hop heads know that term.

hKD2EWLKcNU

MannyIsGod
05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Well when the main stream is lil wayne and soulja boy then it's not hard to constitute what the best is. And that is exactly what i'm comparing it to is this new generation of shit rappers so chill the fuck out. And nice try saying the radio never plays the best of any genre cause I hear my favorite rock songs on all the time and I actually DO know quite a lot about what constitutes the best rock so fuck off in that argument.

I hate to tell you this but I'm pretty sure your favorite rock songs probably suck too. I lied, I really didn't hate to tell you that.

CubanSucks
05-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Ki801ccg9Yo

Damn, well I guess in this thread me and InRareForm are like the Jehovah's Witness' and everyone else in here is Craig

baseline bum
05-10-2009, 03:03 PM
that is probably one of the few radio hit songs that i truly enjoy. It is not garbage. THe beat is insane. Can't deny that. Now for kid cudi being a rapper, yes he is terrible and below average. song writer, he is actually is not that bad. I don't think it is truly hip hop, but it is a good song.

this song that he does called man on the moon is much better in my opinion. TOo much of you guys play the label game. your backpack strings are on a little too tight, true hip hop heads know that term.

Hip hop is being ruined by people wanting to sing instead of rap. Fuck you 50 Cent for making this abortion of a style become so heavily embraced by the mainstream. The only one who ever pulled it off was Nate Dogg, because he actually has a voice for singing.

tp2021
05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Bone Thugs can sing. E. 1999 is a great album

timvp
05-10-2009, 03:06 PM
that is probably one of the few radio hit songs that i truly enjoy. It is not garbage. THe beat is insane.I think it's garbage but yeah compared to most radio ish I can see how someone could like it better. Doesn't make it any less garbage in my opinion, though.

And the beat is decent but damn repetitive. That said, the beat is the best part of the track.

Can't deny that. Now for kid cudi being a rapper, yes he is terrible and below average. song writer, he is actually is not that bad. I never heard of the cat before but this writing makes you a weak "song writer" no matter what else you have on your resume:

Day n nite. I toss and turn, I keep stressin’ my mind, mind.
I look for peace, but see I don’t attain.
What I need for keeps this silly game we play, play.
Now look at this.
Madness the magnet keeps attracting me, me.
I try to run, but see I’m not that fast.
I think the first but surely finish last, last.Cause day n nite.
The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at nite
He’s all alone through the day n nite.
The lonely loner seems to free his mind at nite, ah ah at nite.
Day n nite.
The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at nite.
He’s all alone, some things will never change.
The lonely loner seems to free his mind at nite, ah ah at nite

Hold the phone.
The lonely stoner missed his solo doe low.
He’s on the move, can’t seem to shake the shake.
Within his dreams he sees the life he made.
Made.
The pain is deep.
A silent sleeper, you won’t hear a peep, peep.
The girl he wants don’t seem to want him too.
It seems the feelings that she had are through.
Through.

Cause day n nite.
Day n nite.
The lonely loner seems to free his mind at nite, ah ah at nite

Slow mo.
When the tempo slows up and creates that new, new.
He seems alive, though he is feelin blue.
The sun is shinin man he’s super cool.
Cool.
The lonely nites, they fade away he slips into his white Nikes.
He smokes a clip and then he’s on the way,
To free his mind in search of…

Day n nite.
Day n nite.
The lonely loner seems to free his mind at night, ah ah at night.

:td

TOo much of you guys play the label game. your backpack strings are on a little too tight, true hip hop heads know that term.I have no idea what label he's on and I think the song sucks. And that "backpack strings" is a good line ... but I wouldn't classify anyone in this thread as a snobbish backpacker. If anything, that song is a backpack track gone horribly wrong.

Good lines but used against the wrong audience.

baseline bum
05-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I HATE E.1999 Eternal. That was such a horrible follow-up to the far superior Creepin on 'Ah Come Up. The only good song on Eternal is Shotz to the Double Glock. :td

The worst part of Eternal was the fact that Bone has incredible rappers (especially Bizzy) who for some reason decided to stop flexing their skills that album.

tEaGNQ8t5Vs

tp2021
05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
But at least you acknowledge they can sing too.

tp2021
05-10-2009, 03:13 PM
What annoys me in threads such as these, is everyone thinks they know what the best of everything is. If the best stuff is considered art, and art is subjective, how the heck can anyone tell someone else that what they like sucks? If you don't like it, that's you. I listen to what I like, and that's it. I don't need a rap music epicure to critique my tastes.

[/rant]

baseline bum
05-10-2009, 03:18 PM
What annoys me in threads such as these, is everyone thinks they know what the best of everything is. If the best stuff is considered art, and art is subjective, how the heck can anyone tell someone else that what they like sucks? If you don't like it, that's you. I listen to what I like, and that's it. I don't need a rap music epicure to critique my tastes.

[/rant]

The OP has continually slammed rap in the past, and he was called out for posting something that was not rap as his shining example of the best of genre.

InRareForm
05-10-2009, 04:00 PM

[/rant]

I hear this argument a lot. And it makes sense. No one should tell you what to like. But in this argument you also find it's big faults. Look who is showing you what to listen to: THE RADIO! who says they have the right to force songs down your ears??? it goes both ways.

Not all people are music junkies and this plays into the hands of radio/pop stations quite easy. THey get you to like poppy songs like this because it is catchy.

What we are saying is don't consider something great if you haven't explored other venues of the true hip hop genre :toast

LnGrrrR
05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
You're going to have to narrow that down.

I wish I could! I only heard 30 secs to a minute before it ended. It's got a somewhat slow beat, laidback, and the rapper isn't rapping too fast or slow, but he namedrops Slipknot, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and a few other older metal bands. If I could narrow it down more, I would. :)

resistanze
05-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Didn't Kid Cudi get tasered at NBA all-Star weekend for wearing Nike's at a Reebok sponsored party? :lmao

CubanSucks
05-11-2009, 05:13 AM
The OP has continually slammed rap in the past, and he was called out for posting something that was not rap as his shining example of the best of genre.

Wow a little defensive? First of all I have never slammed rap in any thread. What you're probably refering to is when I get pissed that rappers keep coming on ESPN as if they have any credibility on the subject. Second, please point out to me where I said that this song is the best of its genre. I NEVER DID. Now I do think I wasn't as clear as I should be, all I was comparing it to was what comes on the radio. Shit I mean the only rap cd that I even own is dr.dre's 2001 album so all I go on in my argument is the radio and music videos that I sometimes see late at night.

Bukefal
05-11-2009, 08:53 AM
this song(by cudi boy) sucks big time

baseline bum
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow a little defensive? First of all I have never slammed rap in any thread. What you're probably refering to is when I get pissed that rappers keep coming on ESPN as if they have any credibility on the subject. Second, please point out to me where I said that this song is the best of its genre. I NEVER DID. Now I do think I wasn't as clear as I should be, all I was comparing it to was what comes on the radio. Shit I mean the only rap cd that I even own is dr.dre's 2001 album so all I go on in my argument is the radio and music videos that I sometimes see late at night.

If I have you confused for someone else, then my bad. There's someone on this board who makes really derogatory posts about hip-hop music and culture every time it's brought up here.

Sense
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Bump...

I know I'm a bit late, since he's about to release his next album, but besides this song... this album is pretty good.....

way better than Lil' Wayne shit.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-28-2010, 06:01 PM
lol kid cudi

gaKNOW!blee
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
what was the song?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-28-2010, 08:15 PM
kid cudi day n night

Rip-Hamilton32
07-29-2010, 12:21 AM
check out J Cole hes the real deal, not like this bum who only talks about smoking weed and being depressed

ManuTP9
07-29-2010, 01:08 AM
check out J Cole hes the real deal, not like his bum who only talks about smoking weed and being depressed

Dude J. Cole is the truth, I've been bumpin dude before he got singed to Jay-z's label. Download J. Cole the come up and the warm up, fucking fire.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-29-2010, 01:35 AM
^^ yeah same I already got both those mixtapes :toast