Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
Lightweight bout: Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Andre Gusmao
Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff
Lightweight bout: Dave Kaplan vs. George Roop

dbreiden83080
05-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Going with Shad DJohn, interesting,

Thoughts, cause i am going with Machida and Hughes...

Evan
05-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida

dbreiden83080
05-09-2009, 09:04 PM

I know you like him and are picking him, but how do you see the fight going Evan?

dbreiden83080
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Main card

Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Middleweight bout: Drew McFedries vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam
Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen
Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Frank Edgar

I see Lyoto, either taking this by decision or taking Rashad out late. Shad has gotten tough to pick against, he is finding a way to come back and finish fights, he's got the KO power but Machida is a different animal. Nobody knows how to fight this guy. He just picks you apart and is rarely there for you to reply with something.. Evans is a slow starter, he's gonna be behind and needs a KO to win. I don't see him getting it..

Hughes i see winning a decision or pounding out Serra. If this guy still in any way resembles the fighter that controlled and won a decision against Chris Lytle, he'll do the same to Serra or get rid of him. Serra is a small 170er, with not very good takedown defense. Hughes is a bitch to sub from the bottom. Made a career killing guys from top position. Serra has a punchers chance, he hits pretty hard but that's about it..

Sherk grinds out another one..

djohn14
05-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Going with Shad DJohn, interesting,

Thoughts, cause i am going with Machida and Hughes...

Well, I dont know who to pick...so Im going with the one I want to as of now. As far as Serra-Hughes goes...I really dont know how much either of them have left...I want Hughes to win...but I just dont know.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Well, I dont know who to pick...so Im going with the one I want to as of now. As far as Serra-Hughes goes...I really dont know how much either of them have left...I want Hughes to win...but I just dont know.

If Hughes is shot, then i guess Serra will win but, Serra never really fights so who knows? He got his ass kicked by GSP and then took a year off.. I am going with the wrestling and experience of Hughes here. Serra is a small 170 er who really should be at 155.. I will say from the interviews i have seen, while Serra is being his usual shit talking self, Hughes seems quietly very confident he is gonna win this easy. We'll see if he is underestimating Serra or is confident because he feels great coming into this fight..

polandprzem
05-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Main card

Evan
05-10-2009, 09:19 AM
I know you like him and are picking him, but how do you see the fight going Evan?

Here is how I see Rashad. I see him as a scary good fighter who is still lacking in the head. He is incredibly cocky and thats good...thats why he wasn't scared of Chuck. But I think around round 2 or 3 Lyoto is going to frustrate the hell out of him and Rashad will start doing something stupid, throw out his game plan and Lyoto will see one small opening and take Rashad out.

This is a very close fight...incredible match-up.

dbreiden83080
05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
It is tough because Rashad has shown the ability to turn it all around very quickly, he could do it again here. But i see Machida really just being too much. He is talking like this is his moment, it's his time to shine. I think it will be..

Evan
05-10-2009, 02:22 PM
It is tough because Rashad has shown the ability to turn it all around very quickly, he could do it again here. But i see Machida really just being too much. He is talking like this is his moment, it's his time to shine. I think it will be..

Yeah...and just to be clear I won't be shocked if Lyoto loses. So hard to pick a fight when neither fighter has lost, is young and is on such a huge upswing we don't know if they have peaked yet.

When you add up total talent these guys are just so badass and once again I think the only clear difference is Rashad's head.

dbreiden83080
05-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Great 10 min preview of the event guys...

tqGWvSr51Mo&feature=related

Evan
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
that was good ^^^^ thanks for posting. I guess their releasing their PPV teasers to youtube now. Smart

dbreiden83080
05-10-2009, 04:21 PM
that was good ^^^^ thanks for posting. I guess their releasing their PPV teasers to youtube now. Smart

I think i've assumed Leonards Role of posting tons of links around this place.. :lol

Yo Evan Hughes/Serra, Thoughts??

ATRAIN
05-11-2009, 07:18 AM

ATRAIN
05-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Looks like my pics pretty much differ from everyone else so far so this fight will either set me back or catapult me up to John.

polandprzem
05-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Something telling me this will be a good fight. (main event)

Both fighters have amazing styles which if they clash it could be something to watch.

Powerfull fighter vs a technique fighter. Most fans saying that Lyoto will win and well he is a favorite to win this fight. I don't know why but I bet on Evans. He proved so many people wrong and well I wouldn't be me not to bet on underdog. But if Rashard is really an underdog? He is a champ afterall and that all talking will keeps him motivated. I can't wait to see this fight really.
I want to see how good machida is on the ground on his back.

desflood
05-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Main card

Someday somebody will figure out the Machida puzzle - but I'm predicting it's not going to be Rashad. This has the potential to be the most uneventful (not boring, just cautious on both sides) 5-rounder we've seen in a long time or one of the most spectacular knockouts of the year. Everybody keep your fingers crossed for the latter.

polandprzem
05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Main card

Someday somebody will figure out the Machida puzzle - but I'm predicting it's not going to be Rashad. This has the potential to be the most uneventful (not boring, just cautious on both sides) 5-rounder we've seen in a long time or one of the most spectacular knockouts of the year. Everybody keep your fingers crossed for the latter.

Hey, not long time ago Silva was 'fighting' Leites

desflood
05-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey, not long time ago Silva was 'fighting' Leites
Oh, I suppose that's true. It was so uneventful I've forgotten it already. +1 for you :lol

Evan
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I think i've assumed Leonards Role of posting tons of links around this place.. :lol

he's working some massive hours at work...dude doesn't have time to poop anymore.

Yo Evan Hughes/Serra, Thoughts??

clueless...Serra hasn't fought since that back surgery and Hughes seems completely broken down.

ATRAIN
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
he's working some massive hours at work...dude doesn't have time to poop anymore.

clueless...Serra hasn't fought since that back surgery and Hughes seems completely broken down.

ITs gonna come down to who hates who more and I dont think Hughes hates Serra at all.

Evan
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
ITs gonna come down to who hates who more and I dont think Hughes hates Serra at all.

could very well be right!

dallaskd
05-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Preliminary card

Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson

tlongII
05-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Rashad is going to knock Machida the fuck out. He is too strong and too fast for Lyoto.

Evan
05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Rashad is going to knock Machida the fuck out. He is too strong and too fast for Lyoto.

Rashad may be stronger but he's not faster...I don't think there is anyone who can move side to side and forward to back as fast as Lyoto. And he does it with never losing eye contact.

tlongII
05-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Rashad may be stronger but he's not faster...I don't think there is anyone who can move side to side and forward to back as fast as Lyoto. And he does it with never losing eye contact.

I guess we'll see because I believe Rashad is faster. That is why he's so good. People here don't give him enough credit.

angelbelow
05-12-2009, 02:09 AM
cool preview! i cant wait.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2009, 08:56 AM

Last Time Hughes had a real grudge match was back in the day when he fought Trigg and he choked his ass out twice. He does Hate Serra for sure, how could you not after 2 years of his mouth??

dbreiden83080
05-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I guess we'll see because I believe Rashad is faster. That is why he's so good. People here don't give him enough credit.

I agree he is not getting enough credit and yes he can KO Machida. If he could lay out Chuck with one shot and hurt Forrest bad enough, to get on top and finish, yes i'm sure he can do it to Machida.. Like i said, i like Machida here but no shock at all, if Evans takes it.

ATRAIN
05-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree he is not getting enough credit and yes he can KO Machida. If he could lay out Chuck with one shot and hurt Forrest bad enough, to get on top and finish, yes i'm sure he can do it to Machida.. Like i said, i like Machida here but no shock at all, if Evans takes it.

I give Shad credit and I remember everyone here was freaking out cause I picked him to beat Forest and I was right. I just think that Shad might not be as diverse as Machida and that will be the edge that the Dragon has on him. It will be easier to create a gameplan to fight Shad than the other way around.

tlongII
05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I think it's pretty simple. It's going to come down to who is faster. They're both counter-punchers that rely on their speed.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I think it's pretty simple. It's going to come down to who is faster. They're both counter-punchers that rely on their speed.

Meh, not exactly, Machida showed in the Silva fight he can attack more and still be just as hard to hit. I don't see him just wating on Rashad. What needs to be said is Evans, was losing each of his last 2 fights before the KO came. If he gets behind early here, could be a bad night for him. I don't know if Machida has even lost a RD in his career..

tlongII
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Meh, not exactly, Machida showed in the Silva fight he can attack more and still be just as hard to hit. I don't see him just wating on Rashad. What needs to be said is Evans, was losing each of his last 2 fights before the KO came. If he gets behind early here, could be a bad night for him. I don't know if Machida has even lost a RD in his career..

Rashad wasn't hurt in either one of those fights. I'd say it's debatable whether he was even behind. He just waits for an opening. When he sees it it's lights out.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Rashad wasn't hurt in either one of those fights. I'd say it's debatable whether he was even behind. He just waits for an opening. When he sees it it's lights out.

I had him losing, both RDS to Forrest, especially RD 2 and i think he was back on all 3 judges cards. Plus Forrest broke his hand in that 2nd RD. He can win this fight but i don't see him falling behind and just getting the KO. Machida is a puzzle nobody has solved, we'll see..

ATRAIN
05-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I had him losing, both RDS to Forrest, especially RD 2 and i think he was back on all 3 judges cards. Plus Forrest broke his hand in that 2nd RD. He can win this fight but i don't see him falling behind and just getting the KO. Machida is a puzzle nobody has solved, we'll see..

Machida is a Ninja

dbreiden83080
05-12-2009, 12:27 PM

You really think Hughes is broken down? I don't know. His last good fight was against Lytle, who's a good fighter and Hughes won an easy 3 rd decision. Serra's no better than Lytle. Hughes just got beat bad by GSP and Alves, hey it happens.. It's an interesting fight.

ATRAIN
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
You really think Hughes is broken down? I don't know. His last good fight was against Lytle, who's a good fighter and Hughes won an easy 3 rd decision. Serra's no better than Lytle. Hughes just got beat bad by GSP and Alves, hey it happens.. It's an interesting fight.

Broken down!!

dbreiden83080
05-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Broken down!!

Okay.. :lol

ATRAIN
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Okay.. :lol

LOL im just playing but I really dont think there is much left in the Hughes tank. The Sera tank as well its going to either be a fun brawl or a boring ass fight.

tlongII
05-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Evans was behind on the judges cards, but Rd 1 could have gone either way and I had Evans winning that one. The thing is Evans was NEVER hurt. As soon as Forrest made a mistake it was over. Forrest would probably give Machida trouble as well.

Evan
05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/49690/thumbnail_crop_php.jpg

"I felt a lot of pressure when I fought Rich Franklin. I had just two MMA fights and he was undefeated with nine knockouts, and many people came to tell me that if I stayed on my feet, I would be knocked out fast. But my father said, ‘It’s not like that, go there and believe in our art.’ I did what he said and knocked him out in the second round.

...My father is a amazing strategist. When he looks at someone fighting he knows exactly what I have to do. But my father is hot tempered -- he wants me to decide the fight fast, while my brother, Shinzo (a 2006 world-champion silver medalist in Shotokan karate) is more balanced and fights just like myself. Joining the tactics of my father and the equilibrium of Shinzo, I have the perfect package in my corner."

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Machida will win. He will use his "elusive" powers and frustrate the hell out of Evans. Me predicts KO 3rd round.

tlongII
05-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Machida has never fought somebody with the package of speed and power that Rashad possesses. He's in for a rude awakening.

oligarchy
05-14-2009, 10:33 PM

Preliminary card

Evan
05-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Machida has never fought somebody with the package of speed and power that Rashad possesses.

Rich Franklin, BJ Penn and Thiago Silva would like to have a word with you.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2009, 10:28 AM

BJ can't count. He just ate more donuts than usual and got in there 50 pds fat. Rich and Silva, for sure though..

tlongII
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM

Rashad would give all of those guys a serious beatdown.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
A few years ago Rich, would give Rashad all he could handle..

Evan
05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Rashad would give all of those guys a serious beatdown.

lets settle down on dismissing those hall of famers

dbreiden83080
05-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Suyy2_L_CVg

dallaskd
05-16-2009, 08:03 PM
does anyone honestly care about Hughes vs Serra?

dbreiden83080
05-17-2009, 10:27 AM

I do, i love grudge matches and respect Hughes so i am pulling for him..

anakha
05-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Definitely rooting for Machida and Nover in this one.

dbreiden83080
05-17-2009, 11:57 AM
SLvGHXaBheI

Evan
05-17-2009, 12:59 PM

I do...its definitely a fair well fight for me

dbreiden83080
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Sherdog

Lyoto Machida and the Revenge of Karate

Saturday, Lyoto Machida may well wind up finishing what Minoki Ichihara started.

Ichihara, if not the pioneering karateka to step into a mixed-rules ring, was certainly the first to do it for the benefit of a television satellite truck. An elite daido juku fighter in Japan -- a hybrid of judo and kyokushin karate -- Ichihara admitted himself in the 16-man draw of the second Ultimate Fighting Championship in March 1994.

Stout, serious and possessed of Bluto-like forearms, he was eager to meet Royce Gracie, whom he had watched and admired during the first tournament. Like Gracie, Ichihara sported a gi. Unlike Gracie, he was unaware it did him more harm than good: Gracie used it to choke him into submission after five minutes of protracted struggling.

Because UFC II’s success on VHS made it the viral video of its time, karate’s combat impotence was not an easy thing to keep a tarp over. As events wore on, the idea that someone who spent a portion of the day in kata or in stilted, mechanical fight posture would be an effective antidote to the Gracies -- or later, the wrestlers, kickboxers and now wrestler-kickboxer hybrids -- became laughable. Traditional arts were relics, sneered at by fight fans who knew better. Fights were won or lost based on the time spent gathering mat burn, not perfecting cinderblock parlor tricks.

But everything comes back in style eventually. (Possible exception: Zubaz.) Ichihara had fought blindfolded: His karate had no prior knowledge of what waited for him in the ring. Like all styles, it learned. The wrestlers used to beat up the kickboxers until the kickboxers learned to defend themselves on the ground; the wrestlers started getting beat up by the kickboxers until their striking caught up. Now everyone can wrestle and kick, and the better athlete usually wins.

The advent of the athlete -- as opposed to the stylist -- in the past 10 years created narrow opportunity for karate to make cameo appearances in fights, but only under the control of cross-trained competitors. Shonie Carter whipping a spinning back fist out of his pocket against Matt Serra in 2001 was a condition of his kickboxing and wrestling proficiency. He was in control of the fight, so he could get cute. You have to know the rules before you can start breaking them.

No traditionalist has validated that to greater effect than Lyoto Machida, who is taking his 14-0 record into a Saturday title bout with Rashad Evans, also undefeated at 9-0-1.

Machida is not a “karate fighter” in the sense Ichihara was; he’s trained extensively in jiu-jitsu, muay Thai and other styles to help complete his library of martial arts. What makes Machida a story is his footwork and defensive posturing, which is classically old-fashioned. And that’s frustrating, because the sledgehammer-swinging combat hybrid fighter of 2009 doesn’t go into a gym and practice mounting or defending attacks with hands low and chins up. For them, Machida’s style might as well be pluto-fu.

It’s a blend of technique that’s had answers for everyone from Rich Franklin (good striker with Western sensibilities) to Thiago Silva (jiu-jitsu, aggression) to Tito Ortiz (power, power, power). The only question left is the one Evans is more than capable of asking: What happens when an explosive wrestler decides he doesn’t want to keep swinging at air -- he wants to plant you on your ass and pummel until you sneeze bone fragments?

It’s a great question -- Evans/Machida holds more interest for me than any fight so far this year -- and the answer is going to have real influence on how aspiring fighters choose to train. When Royce Gracie proved his style’s efficacy in a real fight, schools began painting “and jiu-jitsu” in their front windows. Ichihara might find considerable irony in MMA franchises forced to add “and karate” to their yellow page ads.

Toiling in some putrid gym somewhere right now is a guy building a base of wrestling and kickboxing who’s going to start ending fights with some bizarre krav maga or kung fu mysticism. And it’ll work only because being eccentric in the ring comes with having a contemporary base.

When you can meet someone at his own game and not be disassembled by your own ignorance, you can begin to impart your own. Machida has figured this out. Now it’s up for everyone else to figure him out.

Evan
05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
That was a good read

Long but worth it

tlongII
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Rashad will have Machida figured out by the 3rd round.

dbreiden83080
05-20-2009, 09:57 AM
H_I7lX5nVY0

Ps2ah6s9Izg&feature=channel

dbreiden83080
05-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Countdown Show on Spike right now..

dbreiden83080
05-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Full countdown show is on UFC.com right now..

Don't forget to get your picks in..

Evan
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM

Preliminary card

dbreiden83080
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Just saw the weigh in, Hughes and Serra are both in great shape, and looked mad intense.

Champion Rashad Evans (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204)
Matt Hughes (170) vs. Matt Serra (171)
Dan Miller (185) vs. Chael Sonnen (186)
Frank Edgar (155) vs. Sean Sherk (156)
Xavier Foupa-Pokam (186) vs. Drew McFedries (185)

dbreiden83080
05-22-2009, 09:07 PM
t8M7JSEUdBw

tlongII
05-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Here is how I see Rashad. I see him as a scary good fighter who is still lacking in the head. He is incredibly cocky and thats good...thats why he wasn't scared of Chuck. But I think around round 2 or 3 Lyoto is going to frustrate the hell out of him and Rashad will start doing something stupid, throw out his game plan and Lyoto will see one small opening and take Rashad out.

This is a very close fight...incredible match-up.

I see it exactly opposite. It's going to be a dull fight until the 3rd round and Machida will make a mistake leaving himself open. Rashad will seize the opportunity and deliver a punishing knockout.

LEONARD
05-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida - decision
Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra - reaching here, 2nd rd TKO
Drew McFedries vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam - 1st rd sub
Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen - 1st rd sub
Sean Sherk vs. Frank Edgar - decision

Brock Larson vs. Mike Pyle
Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley
Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Andre Gusmao
Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff
Dave Kaplan vs. George Roop

Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen

Evan Evan Evan...don't be hatin' on Miller because he choked out mongoloid head Rosholt... :lol

Chael will get sub'd...again...

LEONARD
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I wanna see Miller pop Sonnen's head off... :toast

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/i/pi/147662_1.jpg

http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/neck1.gif

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww225/saihabot13/DanMillerGuillotineChokesJakeRoshol.gif

http://i36.tinypic.com/10ie1ic.jpg

cornbread
05-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Machida
Hughes
Foupa-Kopam
Miller
Sherk

LEONARD
05-23-2009, 01:35 PM
My bets...if Sherk loses, I'm f'd...lol

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $1,153.93 (USD)
Rashad Evans +150
Matt Serra +190
Sean Sherk -300
Krzysztof Soszynski +105
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500
Patrick Barry -330
Dan Miller -210
Drew McFedries +150
George Roop -180
Phillipe Nover -330

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $338.87 (USD)
Lyoto Machida -200
Sean Sherk -300
Andre Gusmao -145
Phillipe Nover -330
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500
Patrick Barry -330
George Roop -180
Dan Miller -210
Xavier Foupa Pokam -200
Matt Serra +190

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $78.89 (USD)
Rashad Evans +175
Matt Serra +190
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500
Patrick Barry -350
Sean Sherk -275

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $39.74 (USD)
Lyoto Machida -200
Matt Serra +190
Phillipe Nover -350
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500
Sean Sherk -300

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $34.44 (USD)
Rashad Evans +175
Matt Hughes -275
Sean Sherk -275
Yoshiyuki Yoshida –500
Patrick Barry -350

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $28.16 (USD)
Lyoto Machida -220
Matt Serra +185
Sean Sherk -300
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $25.07 (USD)
Sean Sherk -300
Phillipe Nover -330
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500
Patrick Barry -330
Dan Miller -210
Xavier Foupa Pokam -200

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $5.28 (USD)
Sean Sherk -300
Phillipe Nover -350
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500

DREAM 9

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $22.03 (USD)
Ronaldo Souza -240
Norifumi Yamamoto -700
Gegard Mousasi -220
Jz Cavalcante -180
Bob Sapp -210

Mixed – MMA / NHL / MLB / NBA

Risk: $5.00 (USD) To Win Amount: $409.84 (USD) –
Denver Nuggets -3½ -110
Orlando Magic -1½ -110
Pittsburgh Penguins +1½ -260
New York Yankees -160 for Game
Boston Red Sox -190 for Game
Sean Sherk -300
Yoshiyuki Yoshida -500
Patrick Barry -350
Dan Miller -165
Phillipe Nover -400
George Roop -160

Evan
05-23-2009, 03:37 PM

* violent hipthrust*

desflood
05-23-2009, 04:20 PM
THIS explains a lot - Machida's father:

"Really, at the end of the day, I come from a background of martial arts. I always taught my children that in the Samurai days, if you were to get touched it would have been with a sword or a blade and you would have died. So the whole thing is to eliminate getting touched and that's what I've always instilled in my sons. Let's not pretend it's a punch. Let's pretend it's a sword. If you would have been hit by the sword, you'd be dead. That's how I trained him."

Evan
05-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Badass

dbreiden83080
05-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Five things to watch for at UFC 98

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4198589

Evans faces slippery Machida in UFC 98 main event

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iTbh4hxnw_WdacfrFgBQxdk_UvHgD98BGR0G1

Behrooz24
05-23-2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.ufc.com/multicast/ multicast is up

Behrooz24
05-23-2009, 09:04 PM
You didn't see this from me
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/boxing-fighting/38932-ufc-98-evans-vs-machida-may-23-2009-live-streams-links.html

dbreiden83080
05-23-2009, 09:40 PM
There goes that pick, Sherk looked bad.

Between this fight and the Penn fight, he is quickly becoming king of the bad gameplans..

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 10:09 PM
There goes that pick, Sherk looked bad.

Between this fight and the Penn fight, he is quickly becoming king of the bad gameplans..

He is not improving anything and he has no gameplan. He is tooooo predictable.

2 bouts and both of them quite boring

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm 0-3 on predictions

Evan
05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Evan Evan Evan...don't be hatin' on Miller because he choked out mongoloid head Rosholt... :lol

oops

BlackSwordsMan
05-23-2009, 10:30 PM
''he's a talented dick''

djohn14
05-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Damn ive been so busy lately...women...just caught Krzysztofs (i guess lol) fight...nice little KO...

Evan
05-23-2009, 10:50 PM
''he's a talented dick''

one of my all time fav quotes

Evan
05-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Mixed card...either great fights or suck.

Hughes vs Serra was great...legends fight

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:17 PM
If Rashad beats Lyoto I'm going to blow my head off.

djohn14
05-23-2009, 11:29 PM
FUCK THIS! lol

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 11:30 PM
1-4

Shit rashad wanted to exchange

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:31 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The future of MMA is here and not a damn person can touch him in LHW. He knocked RASHAD THE FUCK OUT!

polandprzem
Page will have problems with Machida

Mega ones

Evan
I'm so damn happy

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Rashad may have torn up his knee falling down....looked a lot like Cro Cop.

Behrooz24
05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
He's going KG on us

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I haven't been this happy since the UFC signed Cro Cop.

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Can't wait for the gifs to pop up

POW! POW!

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Where is tlong?

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Pow!

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 11:37 PM
At least Soszynski won his bout

Jeez, now it is really hard to think about anybody who can fall Machida from the throne. Well if Anderson Silva win his fight ... you never know.

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Soszynski is a badass.

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 11:38 PM
of the

anakha
05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Rashad will have Machida figured out by the 3rd round.

Too bad Rashad figured it out only once he was on his way to the hospital.

And FUCK Yves Lavigne for screwing up the Nover fight.

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
of the

people that come from Eastern Europe

dbreiden83080
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The future of MMA is here and not a damn person can touch him in LHW. He knocked RASHAD THE FUCK OUT!

You called it on Machida bro, very early in his career and were just dead on. I thought it when it was over and Rogan said it, "The Machida era has begun folks" This guy is so good, it is fuckin scary. Destroyed Rashad, blasted and destroyed his ass. He is young and still getting better that is scary.. Page i love ya man, but Machida i see holding that belt for a while and i do like him now. Took me time but he deserves it, what a win..

Hughes and Serra i thought was awesome. Hughes deserves a lot of credit. Head-butt and a shot to the back of the head, RD 1 and he stayed in it. At the end i admit, i did not know who won the 3rd RD, but a great fight, i'd love to see it again..

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM

I was wondering why he was getting boo'd so much...guess this explains it.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I went just 2-3 on this card, some upsets, yo Djohn you went 0-5

Finally... :lol:hat

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Page i love ya man, but Machida i see holding that belt for a while and i do like him now. Took me time but he deserves it, what a win..

the thing is..since Lyoto is knocking people the fuck out so bad now people can no longer say he "runs"....and when you consider that Rashad most likely only landed roughly 8 strikes....amazing. The guy is such a machine.

Lyoto has basically taken no damage in his career so far.

Evan
yo Djohn you went 0-5

Finally... :lol:hat

we get to catch up now....!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
the thing is..since Lyoto is knocking people the fuck out so bad now people can no longer say he "runs"....and when you consider that Rashad most likely only landed roughly 8 strikes....amazing. The guy is such a machine.

Lyoto has basically taken no damage in his career so far.

He's amazing and you saw it early on and told me so, so props to you.. :toast

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
SOAK IT IN!

http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/40/40151.jpg&width_size=600

polandprzem
05-23-2009, 11:50 PM
people that come from Eastern Europe

hehe :)

I wanted to correct myself (my previous post)

Soszynski feels more like canadian then Polish, but oh well

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:50 PM
He's amazing and you saw it early on and told me so, so props to you.. :toast

thank ya sir!

I have taken so much abuse for supporting him for 2+ years now...

lol

man I am soaking this in...so freaking happy.

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Soszynski feels more like canadian then Polish, but oh well

I suspect he will been a constant figure on Euro cards now.

Evan
05-23-2009, 11:52 PM
sitting here watching Stitch shake Lyoto's hand...

wOOt!

dbreiden83080
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
thank ya sir!

lol

You know me i have admitted when i was wrong before, and i was wrong about him for sure. And yes you also were right when you said, when "he started to KO guys, he'd get popular". That is happening also.

Quick Evan what are your Lotto Picks this week??

BlackSwordsMan
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
forgot there was basketball today

dbreiden83080
05-23-2009, 11:55 PM
forgot there was basketball today

Fuck Basketball it's all about MMA. We got Wandy and Rich coming up, then UFC 100 with a card so good, i am freaking the hell out.....

BlackSwordsMan
05-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I hope wand wins. I will be sad if he loses =[

BlackSwordsMan
05-23-2009, 11:57 PM
more sad then seeing cro cop fade away =[

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Fuck Basketball it's all about MMA. We got Wandy and Rich coming up, then UFC 100 with a card so good, i am freaking the hell out.....

What about Cain vs Cheick?

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 12:13 AM
:chestbump

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 12:15 AM
What about Cain vs Cheick?

Meh...

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I am still stunned at how good Machida just looked. He might be the best pd for pd guy around right now.. And this is the biggest GSP nuthugger alive saying that..

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Rashad looked bad, he couldn't do jack. And to remind all of you that Sugar have one of the best stiking stategiest in his corner.
He never conected :shock

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Rashad looked bad

You gotta say it, Machida makes everyone look like shit.. Nobody knows how to fight this guy. Hell Tito did way better then Rashad..

cornbread
05-24-2009, 12:32 AM

lol

Same here. I've always found his style to be really fun to watch.

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 12:35 AM
You gotta say it, Machida makes everyone look like shit.. Nobody knows how to fight this guy. Hell Tito did way better then Rashad..

hah yup

Tito almost won

And how is it possible that still in MMA there is a style so uniqe?
Fighter is amazing but the style? Will it ever be overcome?
I mean Lyoto raised in that style, he may lose but are there gonna be fighters studying and learning style of Lyoto Machida? A Machida style.

anakha
05-24-2009, 01:15 AM
So after tonight, can we finally have a good debate over who the MMA P4P king is, now that Machida has a case to be considered up there with Anderson and GSP?

lebomb
05-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Rashad got his ass KICKED!!!!!!!

Evan
05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
So after tonight, can we finally have a good debate over who the MMA P4P king is, now that Machida has a case to be considered up there with Anderson and GSP?

The valid argument against Machida for p4p is he needs to defend his belt before that talk starts. The mental pressure of that needs to be met & overcome.

But then again...he has gone through the UFC LHW division which is the toughest division in MMA in my opinion with almost no damage. Thats amazing. Thats elite.

Evan
05-24-2009, 09:38 AM
And how is it possible that still in MMA there is a style so uniqe?
Fighter is amazing but the style? Will it ever be overcome?
I mean Lyoto raised in that style, he may lose but are there gonna be fighters studying and learning style of Lyoto Machida? A Machida style.

His Karate and avoiding strikes is whats its all about. There is nobody like him at all.

Heath Ledger
05-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I was fucking shocked, I thought for sure Rashad would try to get him take him down and do some ground and pound. Rashad looked like he was timid the whole fight. I did not think in a million years Machida had a chance but this guy is a bad ass who will be around for years to come.

Evan
05-24-2009, 10:15 AM
and btw.....this raises Tito's stock a smidge since he is the only one in the UFC who has come CLOSE to beating Lyoto.

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tito-ortiz-machida-triangle1.jpg

and as I have said dozens of times...I do not like Tito but I would love him to be relevant enough to be back in the UFC.

desflood
05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
"Thank you Joe Rogan!"

:rollin

Evan
05-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I was fucking shocked, I thought for sure Rashad would try to get him take him down and do some ground and pound. Rashad looked like he was timid the whole fight..

Nobody can figure out Lyoto.

Evan
05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/169ivsm.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/m9ype0.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2i1m3qx.jpg

http://www.thesportsaddicts.com/images/flyrashadfly.png

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
and btw.....this raises Tito's stock a smidge since he is the only one in the UFC who has come CLOSE to beating Lyoto.

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tito-ortiz-machida-triangle1.jpg

and as I have said dozens of times...I do not like Tito but I would love him to be relevant enough to be back in the UFC.

Tito can still fight for sure. A good win or 2 and he maybe could be back but i doubt it will happen. Between his ego and Dana's, a deal is unlikely..

I was fucking shocked, I thought for sure Rashad would try to get him take him down and do some ground and pound. Rashad looked like he was timid the whole fight. I did not think in a million years Machida had a chance but this guy is a bad ass who will be around for years to come.

Machida is a beast. I re-watched it this morning and you want to say, that Rashad should have gone for it more, with his boxing but the first time he really commited in the 2nd RD, he got countered with a huge left hand and taken the hell out. Machida, is precise, powerful and deadly out there. He also has great wrestling and takedown defense. In the first RD, all that saved Evans from getting thrown to the ground was the fence..

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Nobody can figure out Lyoto.

Nobody. As much as i love Page, i doubt he will be disciplined enough with Lyoto. He wants to stand and just throw punches. If he got physical with Machida, pushed him on the cage, used some of his wrestling, maybe but just standing and trying to KO Machida will not work..

Evan
05-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Tito can still fight for sure. A good win or 2 and he maybe could be back but i doubt it will happen. Between his ego and Dana's, a deal is unlikely....

Brother I disagree 100%. They are both business men and they love to hate each other.

Behind closed doors I guarantee Dana wants Tito back and I bet he has already talked to people who are close to Tito about how his rehab is going.

BlackSwordsMan
05-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Steve Cofield is reporting that Sean Sherk left the building without taking his post-fight urine test.

BlackSwordsMan
05-24-2009, 10:44 AM
uh oh

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Brother I disagree 100%. They are both business men and they love to hate each other.

Behind closed doors I guarantee Dana wants Tito back and I bet he has already talked to people who are close to Tito about how his rehab is going.

I hope your right, but everytime i hear one guy talk about the other, i doubt a deal ever gets done. We'll see, bottom line Tito needs to get back in there and win a fight, nothing will happen until then..

Evan
05-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Steve Cofield is reporting that Sean Sherk left the building without taking his post-fight urine test.

eh....if thats true suspend his ass for 6 months minimum. Maybe a year.

Evan
05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I hope your right, but everytime i hear one guy talk about the other, i doubt a deal ever gets done. We'll see, bottom line Tito needs to get back in there and win a fight, nothing will happen until then..

There is an old "The best damn sports show" youtube vid out there from the early 2000's....Tito is a kid and slamming Dana...its the way its always been.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
eh....if thats true suspend his ass for 6 months minimum. Maybe a year.

:lol

Mr i "Took 15 lie detector tests, i did not take steroids" left the building before the piss test huh??

Sherk looked liked Shit in his fight also, he may be getting to the end..

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
There is an old "The best damn sports show" youtube vid out there from the early 2000's....Tito is a kid and slamming Dana...its the way its always been.

You agree Tito has to win a fight and look good first though right??

desflood
05-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Got a link for that? Pretty please?

BlackSwordsMan
05-24-2009, 11:06 AM
well it's just that one little sentence
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:Tx0WOg9D3H4J:www.bloodyelbow.com/+Steve+Cofield+is+reporting+that+Sean+Sherk+left+t he+building+without+taking+his+post-fight+urine+test.&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Lyoto_Machida_vs_Rashad_Evans_UFC_98?vid=10005048&tid=100

the fight

Evan
05-24-2009, 12:48 PM
You agree Tito has to win a fight and look good first though right??

man....I dunno...I think I have said that a half dozen times here but now I am wavering that there may not be a place for him to fight. Nobody can afford him.

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 12:50 PM
http://cyber-sport.us/viewtopic.php?t=75966

Can you get into the thread without logging?

There will be 3 parts

Evan
05-24-2009, 01:02 PM

There will be 3 parts

this is an excellent video....everyone should watch this post fight conference.

poland I only see one video tho?

Evan
05-24-2009, 01:03 PM
"Machida Karate"

BADASS

tlongII
05-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I obviously underestimated Machida. He's got a lot more power than I thought.

desflood
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Sherk's leaving turned out to be no big deal:

Sherk, meanwhile, caused a brief behind-the-scenes panic after the fight, as he bolted from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in his fight shorts and gloves before submitting to his postfight medical exam. He was reportedly spotted in the vicinity of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, about a mile away. Sherk, who was not among fighters subjected to a random postfight steroid exam, returned about 20 minutes after he left and submitted to his commission exams.

"He was just upset that he lost," Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer said. "This is a guy whose only losses were to (Georges) St. Pierre, (B.J.) Penn, and (Matt) Hughes. Now he's on the first fight of the pay-per-view and he loses and where does he go from here? I sympathize with him."

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
man....I dunno...I think I have said that a half dozen times here but now I am wavering that there may not be a place for him to fight. Nobody can afford him.

If Tito wants a long term deal then probably not. At the Strikeforce event, the owner said flat out "He wants Tito" and Tito sure acted like he was headed there. Probably waiting for medical clearance with his back. Tito would be smart to just do a 1 fight deal with someone. Train hard, look good and then maybe the UFC will come calling. The best way for him to come back IMO, is another stint as a TUF coach..

desflood
05-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I have to admit, Rashad is growing on me. He fought the best fight he could against a truly difficult opponent and was very classy in his post-fight interview.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Sherk's leaving turned out to be no big deal:

Sherk, meanwhile, caused a brief behind-the-scenes panic after the fight, as he bolted from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in his fight shorts and gloves before submitting to his postfight medical exam. He was reportedly spotted in the vicinity of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, about a mile away. Sherk, who was not among fighters subjected to a random postfight steroid exam, returned about 20 minutes after he left and submitted to his commission exams.

"He was just upset that he lost," Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer said. "This is a guy whose only losses were to (Georges) St. Pierre, (B.J.) Penn, and (Matt) Hughes. Now he's on the first fight of the pay-per-view and he loses and where does he go from here? I sympathize with him."

Thanks for the update Des.. :toast

Evan
05-24-2009, 01:11 PM

There will be 3 parts

Please link 2 & 3. Amazing quality video thanks.

Evan
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
If Tito wants a long term deal then probably not. At the Strikeforce event, the owner said flat out "He wants Tito" and Tito sure acted like he was headed there. Probably waiting for medical clearance with his back. Tito would be smart to just do a 1 fight deal with someone. Train hard, look good and then maybe the UFC will come calling. The best way for him to come back IMO, is another stint as a TUF coach..

I agree...however he was also "this close" to signing with Affliction & EliteXC.

We'll see.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I obviously underestimated Machida. He's got a lot more power than I thought.

Rashad is obviously very fast and explosive but Machida is even faster and more explosive. I don't know if you saw the countdown show but Machida was doing drills with footwork and then kicking and punching the mits, with lighting fast precision and tons of power. That first high left leg kick he threw in RD 1, Evans blocked just in time and but it hit with such power, took him right off the mat. Machida, when he commits hits like a truck..

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I agree...however he was also "this close" to signing with Affliction & EliteXC.

We'll see.

Yeah, i'm hopeful obviously..

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Please link 2 & 3. Amazing quality video thanks.
It will be on the same thread soon.

The guy who is doing this is owning this forum.

This is overall sports forum, but lately he decided to get involved in filming. And now he has an inside look at UFC. We have interviews (Mir, Evans machida), some training sessions (wand for example).
He even caught dana to say something to polish fans. Dana was asking what. He told him to say that UFC will be in Poland.
Dana looked nervous haha

Evan
05-24-2009, 01:38 PM
thanks Poland...I will check back later.

amazing quality video. He does good work.

jag
05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Dream Fight: Anderson vs. Lyoto.

If GSP gets past Alves, then Anderson is going to molest him for about 3 rounds...then he's gonna knock him out.

I'd much rather see Andy vs Lyoto...

I'd take Anderson with a decision. I dont think either fighter would be able to knock the other one out.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Dream Fight: Anderson vs. Lyoto.

If GSP gets past Alves, then Anderson is going to molest him for about 3 rounds...then he's gonna knock him out.

I'd much rather see Andy vs Lyoto...

I'd take Anderson with a decision. I dont think either fighter would be able to knock the other one out.

Lyoto would kill Anderson IMO. I'm picking Forrest to beat him..

jag
05-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Franklin was unbeatable...and Anderson destroyed him, twice. Dan Henderson had just raped Wand and had gone 5 rounds with Rampage...and Anderson destroyed him. Marquardt was arguably the next big thing in the MW division...and Anderson made him look like a joke.

People don't realize how far ahead of the competition Anderson is. His last couple performances were a way of him saying that he wants better competition. Dana obviously got the message, because in his post-fight presser he said he was frustrated with Silva and that he's gonna have to start giving him guys that are on his level.

polandprzem
05-24-2009, 02:29 PM

As I said - now we have Anderson @ 205, so if he will get past Forest ... :)

But still he needs to defend his midleweight title in a year time

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Franklin was unbeatable...and Anderson destroyed him, twice. Dan Henderson had just raped Wand and had gone 5 rounds with Rampage...and Anderson destroyed him. Marquardt was arguably the next big thing in the MW division...and Anderson made him look like a joke.

People don't realize how far ahead of the competition Anderson is. His last couple performances were a way of him saying that he wants better competition. Dana obviously got the message, because in his post-fight presser he said he was frustrated with Silva and that he's gonna have to start giving him guys that are on his level.

Anderson has some huge wins and is a legend but i hate when people project guys to be dominate in weight classes they have proven nothing in. The list of great 205 pd fighters, Anderson took out is what exactly? He's got one impressive win at 205 in the UFC, in James Irvin. Rich is not a legit 205er and neither is Henderson. Not at the level of Machida who is the best around in that class right now. He's looked bad, bored, whatever you wanna call it against 2 so so 185 ers and now people feel he is walking right through Forrest. No i don't think that is happening..

jag
05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Anderson has some huge wins and is a legend but i hate when people project guys to be dominate in weight classes they have proven nothing in. The list of great 205 pd fighters, Anderson took out is what exactly? He's got one impressive win at 205 in the UFC, in James Irvin. Rich is not a legit 205er and neither is Henderson. Not at the level of Machida who is the best around in that class right now. He's looked bad, bored, whatever you wanna call it against 2 so so 185 ers and now people feel he is walking right through Forrest. No i don't think that is happening..

We'll agree to disagree. I dont for one minute think that anderson is gonna "walk right through" Forest...but i think he'll beat him, and i think he has the tools to beat forest.

That being said... UFC 100 is the most stacked card i've ever seen, whether it be UFC, Pride, Dream, or whatever.

BWS-1994
05-24-2009, 04:03 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't see said fight. Sad that Nover lost. But what exactly happened?

Looking forward to more of "Machida Karate". Being constantly effective is never boring :toast

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 04:48 PM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 05:28 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/lightsout4you/hu2jvpjpg.gif

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/SBrooks2006/lyoto-machida_rashad-evans_a.gif

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 05:35 PM
http://internetdomainnamedotcom.com/image/images/824_celebration.gif

http://i39.tinypic.com/eaqvrd.gif

djohn14
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I think this ends up helping Rashad. Hes not undefeated anymore. He isnt untouchable anymore. This SHOULD knock him off his highhorse. So if Rashad is smart, this minor setback should only help him.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Rashad really did get viciously KO'd last night

http://internetdomainnamedotcom.com/image/images/678_pwnt.gif

Evan
05-24-2009, 07:34 PM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

geez...

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Some pretty sweet Gif's aren't they Evan??

anakha
05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't see said fight. Sad that Nover lost. But what exactly happened?

Stepping in to end the fight WAY too early... again.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Stepping in to end the fight WAY too early... again.

Oh is that why they kept booing him? I was wondering about that. It's hard to gauge though when to stop some of these fights..

dallaskd
05-25-2009, 03:41 PM
ok ok guys im back.

Im starting to come around to Machida. Seeing him fight Rampage would be a hell of a fight.

Lol Sherk, Miller, Serra, X

polandprzem
05-26-2009, 01:30 AM

full

polandprzem
05-26-2009, 08:36 AM
http://cyber-sport.us/viewtopic.php?t=76018

machidas interview

LEONARD
05-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Finally chiming in here...

Thank you Lyoto...

Hughes and Sonnen...sigh, so boring...disappointed in how quick Miller gassed, although I thought he had the choke early...

Sherk...worst gameplanner ever...

ATRAIN
05-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Damn Shad's eyes are in the back of his head

LEONARD
05-26-2009, 10:23 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/64m2a9.gif

http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif

dbreiden83080
05-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Finally chiming in here...

Thank you Lyoto...

Hughes and Sonnen...sigh, so boring...disappointed in how quick Miller gassed, although I thought he had the choke early...

Sherk...worst gameplanner ever...

Sherk comes from a really good camp, so i am starting to think he is just a stubborn SOB..

LEONARD
05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
why Eves was boo'd...

http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/lavigne.gif

robbie380
05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
why Eves was boo'd...

man that is a bad stoppage

dbreiden83080
05-27-2009, 11:10 AM
why Eves was boo'd...

It looked like Phillipe did go flat there when, he stepped in but yeah probably a bad stoppage..

desflood
05-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Terrible. Yves Lavigne seems like a nice enough guy, but I'm going to rank him right up there with Cecil Peoples in terms of mma incompetence.

ATRAIN
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
It looked like Phillipe did go flat there when, he stepped in but yeah probably a bad stoppage..

looks like he went flat twice

anakha
05-27-2009, 12:17 PM
At least you've all seen just how God-awful that sequence was.

Felt bad for Nover here.

Dana should reserve one of those infamous post-fight rants for Lavigne's performance.

dbreiden83080
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
The truth is, there really aren't too many good experienced MMA refs. Big John was and remains the best i have ever seen. Yves is on a roll of bad stoppages. Dan Miragliotta has had some horrendous ones as well. I think Steve Mazzagatti is a bad ref too..

JustBlaze
05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/169ivsm.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2i1m3qx.jpg

http://www.thesportsaddicts.com/images/flyrashadfly.png
:lmao

LEONARD
05-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Rampage and Rashad to coach TUF 10...Lyoto vs Rampage in Sept...so I guess Rampage and Rashad will fight after the show regardless of whether Rampage has the title or not...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/28/891402/report-quinton-rampage-jackson-and

at least we don't have to wait 8 months for a LHW title fight...

djohn14
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Rampage and Rashad to coach TUF 10...Lyoto vs Rampage in Sept...so I guess Rampage and Rashad will fight after the show regardless of whether Rampage has the title or not...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/28/891402/report-quinton-rampage-jackson-and

at least we don't have to wait 8 months for a LHW title fight...

Not so fast mr...check out this article from Yahoo Sports

When Rashad Evans climbed into the cage at UFC 96 in March following Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s victory over Keith Jardine and began jawing nose-to-nose with Jackson, many saw it as a stunt devised by the public relations and marketing wizards at the Ultimate Fighting Championship to drum up interest in a future pay-per-view fight.

But on Thursday, during a conference call to announce the coaches for the 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Jackson proved conclusively that angry confrontation with Evans was no stunt.

Jackson declined a shot at the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s light heavyweight title, currently held by Lyoto Machida, in order to coach against Evans on Season 10 and have the opportunity to fight him in December.

The show, which will premiere Sept. 16 on Spike TV, will be known as “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.” From the way he sounded on Thursday, Jackson would have been willing to teach grandmothers how to knit if it would have gotten him a chance to fight Evans.

Jackson will be appearing on the show for the second time. He coached opposite Forrest Griffin last year on Season 7 and conceded he didn’t like the job. UFC president Dana White offered Jackson either the title shot against Machida or the opportunity to coach on Season 10 and meet Evans.

Jackson didn’t hesitate.

“Everybody knows I didn’t like coaching because I’m a sore loser when it comes to stuff like that,” Jackson said. “I was kind of upset about it and at first, I said I’d never coach again. But I have a good relationship with my first team and this time, I want to go out there and win.

“When I found out who I would be coaching against, I couldn’t turn it down. You know, Rashad left a bad taste in my mouth. He got up in my face (following the UFC 96 fight) with his bad-ass breath. I’m from Memphis. We don’t like that (stuff).”

Vengeance will be his primary motivation, but it won’t be the only one. Jackson also displayed a practical side and, while noting that he wants to become “the best champion who ever lived,” said coaching will give him a long time off between fights and will allow him time to learn the game.

The Ultimate Fighter 10 finale will be Dec. 5. Jackson will fight Evans later in December.

That would give Jackson more than nine months between fights.

“To be honest, I’ve been wanting to sharpen up on some of my skills,” Jackson said. “I’ve wanted to get my wrestling back up to par, and my ground game. This gives me time to continue to heal up. I fought really hard for two fights.

“I trained really hard for the Wanderlei (Silva) fight (at UFC 92 in December) and then I went right into training for Jardine. This will give me time to be with my kids and sharpen up my skills. I’m doing this (because) this is my job, my life. I want to put my best foot forward and I want to be the best champion who ever lived.”

Season 10 will mark Evans’ second appearance on the show, but his first as a coach. Evans, who lost his championship when he was knocked out by Machida on Saturday in the main event of UFC 98, won the heavyweight title on Season 2.

The show will help make the men even bigger stars than they’ve already become. White said there is a direct corrolation between a fighter’s appearance on TUF and his popularity, in terms of selling tickets, pay-per-views and merchandise.

“There’s no doubt about it,” White said of the show’s ability to increase a fighter’s marketability. “Let me put it to you this way. In 2006, Rashad Evans was a security guard in Detroit, Michigan. If that doesn’t give you enough ⦠He headlined a pay-per-view last Saturday that did very well.”

White declined to say how many fighters would take part, saying he’d make that and many other announcements at media day next week in Las Vegas.

He said Machida didn’t want to coach, because he wants to stay busy. Machida had said on his website that he would defend his belt at UFC 103 in September, but White said Thursday that is not true.

White said he is working on an opponent for Machida, but declined to identify him. He said he could make an announcement as soon as Thursday afternoon, but said the possibility exists that the process could drag on. He wouldn’t put a time frame on it, either.

djohn14
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
So it looks like Rampage-Rashad in December if they dont end up fighting in the show, and Machida versus ?....who could it be...prolly Jon Bones Jones!

dbreiden83080
05-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Awesome, can't wait for that season. And yes, Page is gonna knock Rashad the fuck out..

We should put this up on the main page, for it's own thread..

dbreiden83080
05-29-2009, 12:36 AM
:lmao

Rashad just got abused..

Evan
05-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Matt Hughes

I went back and watched the Rashad fight again, and I think it comes down to bad coaching. In the prefight press conference, I heard Rashad say that he didn't bring anybody in who would resemble Machida's style. When I heard that, I knew that there might be some problems. That is probably a big reason why Rashad didn't do very well in the striking area. I also think Rashad should have been coached on using his wrestling talent. He didn't shoot one takedown that I can remember and he just made it a sparring match. If I was to coach Rashad against Machida, I would have told him to make it a fight, use his wrestling and groundwork to really dictate the match. Not just go out and spar with him. I think Rashad could have done a lot better in that fight. I'm not saying he should have won, but he's a lot better than he showed on Saturday.

2 things...

1. As was said on the broadcast nobody fights like him.
2. If Rashad shot in for a single or double leg Lyoto would have kicked his head so hard it would have knocked over a concession stand.

dbreiden83080
05-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Machida has shown, amazing takedown defense and awesome wrestling in his own right. He took down Tito with ease when they fought, stuffed all Tito's takedown attempts. All that saved Rashad from getting taken down by Machida was the fence.. I think Machida is so skilled we have not begun to see his whole game.

desflood
06-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Matt Hughes

If I was to coach Rashad against Machida, I would have told him to make it a fight, use his wrestling and groundwork to really dictate the match.
It's a good thing Matt Hughes was not coaching Rashad against Machida - Rashad would have been plain old embarrassed. Apparently Hughes is still under the false impression that wrestling is the pinnacle of mma weaponry.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2009, 12:35 PM
that wrestling is the pinnacle of mma weaponry.

It will always be the best base for an MMA fighter to start with..

desflood
06-01-2009, 12:57 PM
It is an excellent beginning. But Matt seems to think that Rashad's wrestling ability will completely nullify Machida's BJJ black belt and I think that's a bit delusional. Wait - I could swear we've already had some kind of discussion using the word "delusional" involving Matt Hughes this week :lol

LEONARD
06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Machida is deceptively strong...he can throw people around when he wants to. I think a wrestler would have a really hard time getting him down and keeping him there...

Evan
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
oh hey look^^^^

Leonard posted.

angelbelow
06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
i was extremely impressed with machida. i'll admit i went in cheering for rashard but machida has won my respect. awesome fight.

also i too thought matt serra won... or at least split decision. i could swallow unanimous decision but oh well.

polandprzem
06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Machida is deceptively strong...he can throw people around when he wants to. I think a wrestler would have a really hard time getting him down and keeping him there...

No matter how good machida is on the ground Evans should try to take him dow with his wrestling skills.
He was just waiting for a one winning pounch, and he waiting for Machida to outstrike him. Greg jackson failed :)